Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. (31519 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / Make money on Uber & Taxify; Buy the Guide to Rideshare 3 by Taxi App Guy / Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by ihimiray(m): 8:36am On Apr 30, 2019
SyberKate:
Can a lady be an Uber driver
sure a lady can I have seen a lot of them

2 Likes

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by xchuky: 8:37am On Apr 30, 2019
You can try driving someone's car first before buying yours for the business. But one thing I tell you for sure is that Uber/Taxify is a Car Killer

6 Likes

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:37am On Apr 30, 2019
StrikeBack:
We sell directly to wholesalers, like 10-15pcs at a go.
I'm looking for someone that will invest, and we would sit and talk and discuss the terms
Why not start small? Any good business would surely grow. If the business can't grow when you start small, then it's not a good business.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 30, 2019
What of oil tanker business? Like leasing an Oil tanker to some of these top oil companies. I read somewhere that it is lucrative.
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by emmykk(m): 8:41am On Apr 30, 2019
rahazaqa:
Hello everyone, i have some money and i think i could invest in this Uber/Taxify stuff, i still have enough money to get a new or neatly used Toyotal corrolla 2003- 2006. I want to know how this works. I am not planning to drive it myself, i am planning on giving it out to someone who will be bringing me money every week. I heard i could be receiving 25k to 35k per week(I don't know how true is this) depending on the agreement with the driver. Secondly, what is not clear to me is the maintenance, who will be responsible when the car is faulty? Also, these days, it looks like more people are trooping into this stuff, i want to ask if it is still booming? Is it a good idea to go into this at this time when Uber and Taxify are everywhere? Thanks as i await your responses.

CC: pope191 izzou GidiWoodsMan XGhost dru23 GazzuzzAutos jesusson2020 Stealth100 Tyche IfoyinTEDO Cooladex Xneg franksam2009 Oluwabengz y jesusson2020 jpworld Darksider131 deedee44 y Gentlelife50 Mjosh1000 knowyeknot

it is booming,i have a cousin in lagos who was relief of his fidelity bank job who is into uber,when in came to delta state for an occasion,he suggest to me to come to lagos and start uber,he said he has introduce people into it and is profitable,but i dont know how to drive and have never live in lagos for a month,i come and go

1 Like

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Sagay212: 8:42am On Apr 30, 2019
Stewart83:

You're very correct. To be sincere to you. I can't reveal the business I do to the public because before u know it everyone will want to do it which leads to saturation (no more profitable)

Lol...that's why I laugh when i see some scammers claiming they can teach people how to make 100k in one week online blah blah.

No normal person will know how to make 50k weekly online or through any legit way and teach anybody. Lai lai. Once people know about it, the business don spoil be that.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by CyberWolf: 8:43am On Apr 30, 2019
There is no business that you won’t experience some setbacks initially, persistence and determination is the key. In Uber/Taxify business, you don’t pity, once the driver fail to deliver the agreed weekly return, you collect the car immediately and give it to another driver, don’t entertain any story like my mama die, no clients, etc bla bla bla.. Also make sure you insure your car and also put car tracker. Inspect the car periodically and if the driver is not taking care of the car, you collect it from him.. no stories. Make you prepare an Owner/Driver agreement with its Ts&Cs and ensure the driver adheres to it strictly.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by StrikeBack(m): 8:46am On Apr 30, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Why not start small? Any good business would surely grow. If the business can't grow when you start small, then it's not a good business.
Starting with 20pcs is still starting small and that's actually what I'm proposing
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by honayoplenty(m): 8:53am On Apr 30, 2019
happydays1:
its no longer booming, guys are dropping keys to their owners, its not like before, invest your money in a productive sector. go for snail, Honey farming, thanks me later
Good morning bro, please can you tell me more bout the honey and snail farming including how you get to sell your product without much stress. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Alertman24(m): 8:53am On Apr 30, 2019
CyberWolf:
There is no business that you won’t experience some setbacks initially, persistence and determination is the key. In Uber/Taxify business, you don’t pity, once the driver fail to deliver the agreed weekly return, you collect the car immediately and give it to another driver, don’t entertain any story like my mama die, no clients, etc bla bla bla.. Also make sure you insure your car and also put car tracker. Inspect the car periodically and if the driver is not taking care of the car, you collect it from him.. no stories. Make you prepare an Owner/Driver agreement with its Ts&Cs and ensure the driver adheres to it strictly.

You may end up driving the car yourself, how many drivers will you sack?

7 Likes

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by romenna: 8:57am On Apr 30, 2019
I advised a friend not to go into this biz late last year, but today she is regretting her decision to buy a car for this purpose

2 Likes

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2019
StrikeBack:
Starting with 20pcs is still starting small and that's actually what I'm proposing
is it that you don't have any money to start at all? You wan risk person money test business angry

If you have money to start on your own with 10pcs or even 5pcs, then start bro.

7 Likes

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by CyberWolf: 9:00am On Apr 30, 2019
Alertman24:

You may end up driving the car yourself, how many drivers will you sack?
It works like magic.
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by StrikeBack(m): 9:00am On Apr 30, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
is it that you don't have any money to start at all? You wan risk person money test business angry

If you have money to start on your own with 10pcs or even 5pcs, then start bro.
Okay I understand you completely
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by ceejay80s(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2019
ednut1:
Nigeria too hard abeg. If any business boom everyone rushes it till it casts. From cat fish to events center to mini import to uber. Haba na nigerians

true talk , nigerians get oju kokoro
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by ednut1(m): 9:08am On Apr 30, 2019
dingbang:
lol, just because they see everyone doing it, they want to rush without understanding the business.

The one that makes me laugh most is pos business, everyone is just wanting to get a pos from the bank, they dont even understand how to run the business, how to manage customers, how to balance transactions, nothing. When issues come up, they begin to worry my line.
lol till fraudsters begin them to move funds dem go sabi

1 Like

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 30, 2019
ednut1:
Nigeria too hard abeg. If any business boom everyone rushes it till it casts. From cat fish to events center to mini import to uber. Haba na nigerians
Yeah, this is why any smart person who discovers a new money making venture keeps it to him or herself.
Uber is a last resort thing for people in the west, and most people into it drive the cars themselves. But here in Nigeria, one person buys like 5 cars and starts using them for uber. How will it not get saturated.

3 Likes

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by kryptem: 9:25am On Apr 30, 2019
IS UBER OR TAXIFY FREE FROM HARASSMENTS BY POLICE AND 'AGBEROS' IN LAGOS STATE?
PLEASE, I WANT TO KNOW.
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by elbucho(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2019
My take:

I believe it's still lucrative. The issue however is that many drivers who are not vehicle owners have learnt a new system. It's called Uber/taxify offline. When they accept rides, they approach the passenger and request to go to the same destination at a bargainable price. The result is that "on the system", they had very few rides, but in reality, they may be making a killing.

I think car owners should invest in tracking technology that captures total distance covered by the vehicles they give to drives operating these taxi services. If the total distance covered is unrealistically higher than the distance summary reported by Uber/ taxify, just know that "your sales girl has taken over the business"

The only business that I know of which you can launch and hand over to a third party and which cannot be hacked (so far) is the betting business. So you can consider opening a bet shop.

14 Likes

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by utepu: 9:30am On Apr 30, 2019
At least the business still put food on the table for partners and driver's

2 Likes

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 30, 2019
SyberKate:
Can a lady be an Uber driver
yes
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by pope191: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2019
I believe you should have gotten what you want so far.
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Ugosample(m): 9:59am On Apr 30, 2019
ednut1:

na wetin dey tire me 4 Nigerians

herd mentality

1 Like

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by ednut1(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2019
dejibanjo:

Yeah, this is why any smart person who discovers a new money making venture keeps it to him or herself.
Uber is a last resort thing for people in the west, and most people into it drive the cars themselves. But here in Nigeria, one person buys like 5 cars and starts using them for uber. How will it not get saturated.

true i know someone u had 4 cars. he sold them after the fares crashed
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Detolanny(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2019
Mr Oga, I will advise you use that money for another business if you haven't purchased the car already but if your still want the Uber/Taxify thing, then be ready to be the driver/User. Please I beg you in the name of God, don't you ever consider giving it to a driver or any of these Fleet Management craps for weekly returns. They will never keep to the agreement (i.e. weekly returns) and your car will be used like danfo. I am telling you this cos I've been there. I have a Corolla 03 I barely use (except on weekends to take my family out) because i always join staff bus to work on the Island but stay on the mainland. Around September 2018, because the car is always idle all thru the week, i toyed with the idea of doing what you are about doing (just in a bid to earn an extra income on the side) and I almost regretted my actions. There was this so-called Fleet management coy named Trazer fleet mgt, his place is around Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja. We agreed 30k/wk returns (on every Monday) but lo and behold, i had to start making calls before i was paid 15k on Thursday (with so many excuses) preceding week 1. I should have seen the handwriting on the wall here but i thot it will be better. Week 2, week 3, nothing was paid and when i started calling, the guy started giving so many excuses, ranging from LASTMA issues cos the driver went to pass thru BRT lane, and so on. I had to forcefully request for my car and repudiated the contract. My brother when I got to where to pick my car, I almost cried. My car was in a very terrible shape. All the wheels were making noise, the exhaust almost touching the ground (and also making a hell of noise), the driver side mirror was shaking and to crown it all, i just decided to check the radiator b4 starting the engine and guess what, there was no single drop of water in both the radiator and coolant. I almost broke down in tears but i just controlled myself. I spent almost 100k to but my car back in shape. Those guys are terrible, they will wreck you car for there own personal benefit. I later registered the car myself with Taxify and I use it on weekends (most times on Sundays alone) and I make between 14k - 18k gross but revenue has been declining lately.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Blamelesscompas(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2019
happydays1:
its no longer booming, guys are dropping keys to their owners, its not like before, invest your money in a productive sector. go for snail, Honey farming, thanks me later

Please are you on whatsapp please mesaage me 08033732597

Ive some questions to ask about honey business
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Hismajesty028: 10:09am On Apr 30, 2019
anyone driving taxify in ibadan ? how lucrative is it compare to lagos
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by MRLANNISTER(m): 10:10am On Apr 30, 2019
omonla10:
It's is not o. Drove my car on taxify alone jan-june last year(soft work o) and grossed nothing less than 1.5m .

It's still manageable if u're driving ur car. anything else na war. Early last year till may/June, drivers were delivering it 35/40k. Now to meet 25k na war.
. Due to high influx of cars, crashing of fares, bad roads etc. Grossing 15k daily now seems an achievement unlike last year when I grossed around 20k daily with 12 hours on taxify alone.

Waoo. FTC.. Wishing every one here a day filled with blessings and achievements

This is very true. If you need financing for your UBER car contact me.
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Detolanny(m): 10:11am On Apr 30, 2019
Mr Oga, I will advise you use that money for another business if you haven't purchased the car already but if your still want the Uber/Taxify thing, then be ready to be the driver/User. Please I beg you in the name of God, don't you ever consider giving it to a driver or any of these Fleet Management craps for weekly returns. They will never keep to the agreement (i.e. weekly returns) and your car will be used like danfo. I am telling you this cos I've been there. I have a Corolla 03 I barely use (except on weekends to take my family out) because i always join staff bus to work on the Island but stay on the mainland. Around September 2018, because the car is always idle all thru the week, i toyed with the idea of doing what you are about doing (just in a bid to earn an extra income on the side) and I almost regretted my actions. I met a so-called Fleet management coy around Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja. We agreed 30k/wk returns (on every Monday) but lo and behold, i had to start making calls before i was paid 15k on Thursday (with so many excuses) preceding week 1. I should have seen the handwriting on the wall here but i thot it will be better. Week 2, week 3, nothing was paid and when i started calling, the guy started giving so many excuses, ranging from LASTMA issues cos the driver went to pass thru BRT lane, and so on. I had to forcefully request for my car and repudiated the contract. My brother when I got to where to pick my car, I almost cried. My car was in a very terrible shape. All the wheels were making noise, the exhaust almost touching the ground (and also making a hell of noise), the driver side mirror was shaking and to crown it all, i just decided to check the radiator b4 starting the engine and guess what, there was no single drop of water in both the radiator and coolant. I almost broke down in tears but i just controlled myself. I spent almost 100k to but my car back in shape. Those guys are terrible, they will wreck you car for there own personal benefit. I later registered the car myself with Taxify and I use it on weekends (most times on Sundays alone) and I make between 14k - 18k gross but revenue has been declining lately.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by DONADAMS(m): 10:23am On Apr 30, 2019
ednut1:
I swear...see as dem full mini importation..Nigerians and over doing things are like 5$6. na why to share idea dey fear me..b4 you know, the idea don cast.
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by Dolapo873: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2019
please can I used Gulf4 to do Uber and taxify
Re: Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. by mkoabiola: 10:33am On Apr 30, 2019
Detolanny:
Mr Oga, I will advise you use that money for another business if you haven't purchased the car already but if your still want the Uber/Taxify thing, then be ready to be the driver/User. Please I beg you in the name of God, don't you ever consider giving it to a driver or any of these Fleet Management craps for weekly returns. They will never keep to the agreement (i.e. weekly returns) and your car will be used like danfo. I am telling you this cos I've been there. I have a Corolla 03 I barely use (except on weekends to take my family out) because i always join staff bus to work on the Island but stay on the mainland. Around September 2018, because the car is always idle all thru the week, i toyed with the idea of doing what you are about doing (just in a bid to earn an extra income on the side) and I almost regretted my actions. I met a so-called Fleet management coy around Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja. We agreed 30k/wk returns (on every Monday) but lo and behold, i had to start making calls before i was paid 15k on Thursday (with so many excuses) preceding week 1. I should have seen the handwriting on the wall here but i thot it will be better. Week 2, week 3, nothing was paid and when i started calling, the guy started giving so many excuses, ranging from LASTMA issues cos the driver went to pass thru BRT lane, and so on. I had to forcefully request for my car and repudiated the contract. My brother when I got to where to pick my car, I almost cried. My car was in a very terrible shape. All the wheels were making noise, the exhaust almost touching the ground (and also making a hell of noise), the driver side mirror was shaking and to crown it all, i just decided to check the radiator b4 starting the engine and guess what, there was no single drop of water in both the radiator and coolant. I almost broke down in tears but i just controlled myself. I spent almost 100k to but my car back in shape. Those guys are terrible, they will wreck you car for there own personal benefit. I later registered the car myself with Taxify and I use it on weekends (most times on Sundays alone) and I make between 14k - 18k gross but revenue has been declining lately.
D best comment so far

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit / Has Osinbajo Tamed The Dollar? / Richest Royal Family Of Saudi Is Worth 4 Times More Than Musk, Gates Combined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.