Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari (9548 Views)

Biafra Ijaw Name: Asari Dokubo Embarrassed By Reuben Abati[video] / Biafra: Ijaw Youths Stop Asari Dokubo From Holding Meeting In Bayelsa. / Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by gidgiddy: 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
wirinet:

Fraud map.
Painting an area of a map and printing Biafra on it means nothing. You need actually show proof that a people or civilization called Biafra actually existed, ie geography, politics, architecture, language, literature, arts, relationship with neighbours, etc. The Benin empire that existed 600 years ago that was supposed to be neighbours had no recollections whatsoever of a people or empire called Biafra. Non of the coastal dwellers at that time had any recollection of a people called Biafrans. Even southern Cameroon which lied wholly in the fabled Biafra map had no recollection of their people being labelled Biafrans.

Well if you understand the above then you should understand why Nigeria is a bigger fraud. There was no map of anything called Nigeria either. Nigeria is the fraudulent creation of the white man in West Africa. But where the Biafran agitators are better than Nigerians is that they want a referendum. This time it wont be up to Lord Lugard or Ojukwu to decide who is Nigerian or Biafran but the people themselves. But the Nigerian is insisting that everybody must be the product Lugard.

Apart from a sub group of igbos mainly IPOB, MASSO and Biafran Zionists, how many people buy the Biafra idea? You guys always purport to speak for all of SS when you do not even speak for all igbos.

That is what referendum is for

2 Likes

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by oyatz(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
How sir?
Please explain how the missionaries helped the Igbos to become the majority in the area that became the Old Eastern region

MetaPhysical:

It had nothing to do with dominance, Ijaw was the dominant force in the East. Missionaries played a significant role in the end result that produced Ibo as a majority.
Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by oyatz(m): 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
Why not conduct the referendum your instead of waiting for the Zoo to do?

If it's going to be conducted by the Zoo, which voter's register will be used or anybody living in the SE will be allowed to vote? Will the millions of Igbos living in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan etc be voting in the referendum or they will vote wherever they are?

Will there be options (a) to join Biafra (b) form your own separate country (c) remain as part of Nigeria?

Will INEC conduct the referendum?

Who will pay for the cost of conducting the election (referendum)?

GavelSlam:

Obviously the questionnaire would be built along various tracks.

It may take 3 sets of referendums to get a clear path to separation, if ever.

4 Likes

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by fx45(m): 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
wirinet:

You know understand my question. If Ijaws and aniomas in delta vote yes, Urhobos and itsekiris and Ikas vote no, what happens? Will Biafra be isolated communities or tribes within other tribes in Nigeria?
Urhobo and Itsekiri lands have NEVER been part of Biafra. The Ikas are at liberty to join or continue in Nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Csami(m): 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
Did the ijaws bleed in the name of Biafra?
Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by GavelSlam: 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
oyatz:
Why not conduct the referendum your instead of waiting for the Zoo to do?

If it's going to be conducted by the Zoo, which voter's register will be used or anybody living in the SE will be allowed to vote? Will the millions of Igbos living in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan etc be voting in the referendum or they will vote wherever they are?

Will there be options (a) to join Biafra (b) form your own separate country (c) remain as part of Nigeria?

Will INEC conduct the referendum?

Who will pay for the cost of conducting the election (referendum)?

It's not happening in your generation , so stop asking silly questions.

You have sold Biafra to Atiku via Nnamdi Kanu.

You are all dwellers of the zoo.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by updatechange(m): 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2019
Thank God It's now Biafra vs Ijaw now, No more Lagos, Yoruba or Benin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Follygunners: 4:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
Na Yorubas get am... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by oyatz(m): 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
I am not from the proposed Biafra but from the S/West and I am proud of my Yoruba heritage.

However, there is no way Biafra will be created without affecting other Nigerians ,hence my concerns.

I see no reasons why Biafra can't exist side by side with Nigeria. The two countries (just as Texas merged with the United States and
the German kingdoms of Prussiaa and Bavaria merged to form Germany or Tripolitania, Benghazi and Fezzan merged to form Modern Libya) can even merge later on if they so wish.

GavelSlam:

It's not happening in your generation , so stop asking silly questions.

You have sold Biafra to Atiku via Nnamdi Kanu.

You are all dwellers of the zoo.

1 Like

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by manchy7531: 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

It had nothing to do with dominance, Ijaw was the dominant force in the East. Missionaries played a significant role in the end result that produced Ibo as a majority.

Stop talking garbage from your mouth.

The some part of ijaw, ibibio, Efik and ogoni visited Arochukwu for pilgrimage

2 Likes

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Warship: 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2019
pazienza:
Any Biafra struggle that is not Igbonized to be a strictly Igbo speaking republic consisting of only Igbo speaking clans in SE and SS, is a waste of time.
I realized that IPOB are not serious when they refused to accept the fact that a heterogeneous Biafra is bound to fail like South Sudan. It would simply be another Nigeria with rival ethnic groups fighting each other. Imagine, the Biafra has not been yet achieved,and Ipob are already at loggerhead with Dokubo who reps the Ijaw in the organization.

What a waste of time. IPOB failing to learn from Biafra 1.0 out of shortsightedness. Some of them are still busy licking minorities ass, bunch of unity beggars, they.
Good luck to them.

Be smart.

Once they divide the Ijaws and the Igbos, the same cabal will try to separate SS Igbos from SE Igbos and after that, they will go for Abia Igbos from Imo Igbos.

Keep the enemies at bay by discouraging their divide and conquer tactics.

Use your brain and not your anus/mouth.
Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Pidallyking: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
Arthurity1:
The mad fool is at it again!
5 states make up Igboland, the ijaws do not even have one and he is arguing. A minority tribe that live in the creeks and not even more than 8 percent of the population of Nigeria and he's busy running his mouth about.
Mr man..pls don't jst rush to comment..asari is right in wat is saying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by wirinet(m): 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
fx45:
Urhobo and Itsekiri lands have NEVER been part of Biafra. The Ikas are at liberty to join or continue in Nigeria
You completely avoided the question and went off on a tirade.
How will the referendum work? Will biafrans be interspersed between Nigerian tribes?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by wirinet(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
Warship:

Be smart.

Once they divide the Ijaws and the Igbos, the same cabal will try to separate SS Igbos from SE Igbos and after that, they will go for Abia Igbos from Imo Igbos.

Can you please tell me the "they" who is dividing Asari Dokubo and Kanu?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Yyeske(m): 6:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Sometimes if u don't know what to say just read pass that's maturity...

I have never been fan of kanu but what u wrote is out of order.......not even a natural course....

You can Waka pass a post if you don't understand it next time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by wirinet(m): 7:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
oyatz:
I am not from the proposed Biafra but from the S/West and I am proud of my Yoruba heritage.

However, there is no way Biafra will be created without affecting other Nigerians ,hence my concerns.

I see no reasons why Biafra can't exist side by side with Nigeria. The two countries (just as Texas merged with the United States and
the German kingdoms of Prussiaa and Bavaria merged to form Germany or Tripolitania, Benghazi and Fezzan merged to form Modern Libya) can even merge later on if they so wish.

But you still have ethnic Germans in Austria and Switzerland.
The idea of incorporating every Igbo speaking group from delta, edo bayelsa, rivers, and benue into a new country is just not feasible.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by pazienza(m): 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2019
Warship:

Be smart.

Nothing smart about the fantasy of a heterogeneous Biafra.
Charity begins at home.

First work on uniting various Igbo speaking clans, especially those at the borders currently threatened by Bini and Ijaw expansionism agenda.
When you had fortified your home front, which is Igboland and united it strongly. You can then seek for alliance with other non Igbo groups.

What IPOB is doing is putting the cart before the horse, and it's definitely going to blow up in your faces.
Stay there and be licking minorities asses. People only unite with powerful sources. You are yet to fortify Igboland and you are busy chasing shadows, how do you expect to earn respect from those minorities? Look at how Asari is insulting Igbo nation because of your misadventures. IYC is In Ndokiland trying to annex a strategic part of Igboland to Ijawland, while IPOB plays the ostrich because it doesnt want to ruffle Ijaw feathers, IPOB has its mouth deep down Ijaw anus to even smell the coffee. I dare say that Ipob is useless to Ndiigbo as it stands as Ipob had refused to protect Igbo interests, soon Igboland might as well be unsafe for Ipob.

Be chasing rats while your house is on fire. Last time NK came to Rivers state, he restricted his activities mainly to the only Igbo part of Rivers state called Obigbo because as naive as he looks, he still knows the Ikwerre and Ijaw controllers of PH Anti Igbo stance on issues, so he stayed off main PH city. Next time he will be back and he goes to Obigbo, the Ndoki/Asa people there who have now turned to Ijaw will through the IYC mobilize the military and chase him out! He who doesn't secure homeland first and foremost, while campaigning for alliance with other groups is confuse and senseless.

Common sense you lots will not have. Fortify your base which is Igboland first and foremost, chase off the vultures eating at its borders and slowly expand by building a consensus with those neighbors. You leave your home front weak and vulnerable, allow vultures eat it off because you are shameless unity beggars and want to pander to the vultures.

I swear,Ipob is turning out to be the worst thing to happen to Ndiigbo in this era, I can't wait for you lots to give way for better organizations who understand how high the stakes are. You want to fight the FG when you don't even have any form of control over Igboland? Madness!

Go and listen to Zik address to Igbo union in Aba in 1949.
Before Zik could even think of forming alliance with other Nigerian groups to fight the British for independence, Zik united Igboland first and foremost. Ipob deride Zik, yet as naive as Zik was, he was much better strategic thinker. He was first and foremost an Igbo nationalist, before he became a Nigerian Nationalist.
https://www.blackpast.org/major_speeches/1949-nnamdi-azikiwe-address-ibo-people/

Ipob today don't even want to hear about Igbo interests if such interests is in conflict with the minorities they are ass licking. If it's possible, Ipob will sacrifice Ndiigbo just to please their minorities they are serving.

6 Likes

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by pazienza(m): 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
wirinet:

The idea of incorporating every Igbo speaking group from delta, edo bayelsa, rivers, and benue into a new country is just not feasible.

It is very feasible, if worked on. It will need a group who are clear headed and strategic to do underground grassroots mobilization.

The Igbo situation is not same as Germans.

We have ethnic Germans in Italy as well.

2 Likes

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by laribari(m): 7:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
Guestlander:
Civil war even before Biafra is actualized.

Bros, honestly i am responding to what you said before i have already said it before.

There will always be a problem with biafra, it will not become the land of promise of peace or even prosperity the people are claiming it will be.

These were my reasons..

1. The Capital of biafra will be Enugu and surely it will be the focus in terms of allocation and transformation which will not go down well with the Ijaws in the future.

2. The Ijaws will say they are the Oil producers, so they contribute more in terms of money to biafra and should be getting more.

3. The Ijaws and Igbos do not speak same language, so nepotism will never stop.

4. Asari dokubo was just using the Igbos to push for biafra, only for him to one day emerge as a president of the Ijaws. Now it is evident that BIAFRA HAS FAILED OR CAN NEVER WORK OUT, so he his coming after the same people he tried to form forces with so that the Ijaws can come out of Nigeria. The fight is all about crude Oil.. Period!

I already said onve braifra work out, there will be another referendum within biafra because the Ijaws will revolt. The Igbos will be left with nothing. I watched a video where Nnamdi Kalu was saying ....we have crude Oil, we have gas.. etc, when he was speaking with an ambassador from turkey. I repeat, it's all about crude Oil. Money!! Money!! Money!! They are just using poor innocent igbo youth.

Those who died for IPOB, wetin dem gain? I knew it was foolishness to die because there is no hero in this part of the world oo.

Same Ojukwu people saw as a hero, they later called him a coward. Let Nnamdi Kalu surface one day, they will call him coward too.

Igbos need to seek something else rather than referendum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Arda1000(m): 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
kayfra:
Ndigbo, time we dump Biafra and chase Nri Republic or even Alaigbo Republic sef. Leave us Delta Igbos alone too o cool
Jesus! It's no longer we south South.
It's now we Delta Igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by pazienza(m): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
laribari:

Bros, honestly i am responding to what you said before i have already said it before.

There will always be a problem with biafra, it will not become the land of promise of peace or even prosperity the people are claiming it will be.

These were my reasons..

1. The Capital of biafra will be Enugu and surely it will be the focus in terms of allocation and transformation which will not go down well with the Ijaws in the future.

2. The Ijaws will say they are the Oil producers, so they contribute more in terms of money to biafra and should be getting more.

3. The Ijaws and Igbos do not speak same language, so nepotism will never stop.

4. Asari dokubo was just using the Igbos to push for biafra, only for him to one day emerge as a president of the Ijaws. Now it is evident that BIAFRA HAS FAILED OR CAN NEVER WORK OUT, so he his coming after the same people he tried to form forces with so that the Ijaws can come out of Nigeria. The fight is all about crude Oil.. Period!

I already said onve braifra work out, there will be another referendum within biafra because the Ijaws will revolt. The Igbos will be left with nothing. I watched a video where Nnamdi Kalu was saying ....we have crude Oil, we have gas.. etc, when he was speaking with an ambassador from turkey. I repeat, it's all about crude Oil. Money!! Money!! Money!! They are just using poor innocent igbo youth.

Those who died for IPOB, wetin dem gain? I knew it was foolishness to die because there is no hero in this part of the world oo.

Same Ojukwu people saw as a hero, they later called him a coward. Let Nnamdi Kalu surface one day, they will call him coward too.

Igbos need to seek something else rather than referendum.

What do you mean by the Igbos will be left with nothing if Ijaws revolt?
Nothing can be farther from the truth. Saddly, it's this lazy mentality that ruined and ensured Nigeria will remain a failure.
What develops a nation is human capital and unity of purpose which can only be achieved when the people are of same cultural background united by common descent and Language.

Rwanda is landlocked and is doing quite well without crude oil, likewise Ethiopia, which lost her sea access to Eritrea. If ipob leaders are counting on crude oil to run Biafra, then they are jokers, as I don't see how much the crude oil in Bayelsa has benefitted the people. Crude oil is good, but it's not the ultimate, as Rwanda is showing the world

IPOB set themselves up for failure when they decided to ignore Igbo unification project and are more interested in wild goose chase of pandering to minorities all over SS and even shockingly NC shocked
Biafra is not IPOB or Ojukwu. Biafra is the Igbo spirit. And as long as the Igbo exists on this green planet earth, the Biafra dream will live on, a better group will rise one day, who would learn from the mistakes of the predecessors and get it right. Until then, Biafra will live on in Igbo hearts.
Igboland was balkanized immediately after the civil war with seeds of hate and distrust sowed between us and our Igbo /Igboid speaking brothers in SS. Any body who intends to get us biafra would first have to unite Igboland again, thereafter , we can decide to go at it alone as independent Igboland or try to form a confederate with neighboring non Igbo speaking groups.
But what ipob is doing is try to play the ostrich, by pretending it can bypass the first process, which is Igbo unification.

By the way, no Igbo person well breast fed who isn't looking for contracts from Nigeria or jobs from Nigerian friends would ever open mouth and call Ojukwu a coward.
Ojukwu is the only one and true Igbo leader and he was and is still well respected all over Igboland. So you might need to get your points right. If you think Ojukwu was a coward, you are entitled to your own opinions, but don't you dare try to pass off your Igbophobic opinions as a consensus amongst Ndiigbo.
Ojukwu earned the title of Eze Igbo gburugburu, we don't give such to people we think are cowards.

5 Likes

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
kayfra:
Ndigbo, time we dump Biafra and chase Nri Republic or even Alaigbo Republic sef. Leave us Delta Igbos alone too o cool

What is the meaning of Biafra in ijaw language?
Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by kayfra: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

What is the meaning of Biafra in ijaw language?

It has no Igbo meaning too. The Portuguese used it on maps indicating somewhere on Cameroon and Adamawa state and we all adopted it coz they called the tributaries Bight of Biafra

1 Like

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
kayfra:

It has no Igbo meaning too. The Portuguese used it on maps indicating somewhere on Cameroon and Adamawa state and we all adopted it coz they called the tributaries Bight of Biafra

I didn't ask you the Igbo meaning. Since you know it has no Ijaw meaning, then it was never for the Ijaws as claimed by Asari.
Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2019
Biafra mean Bia Ofara (Igbo) = We decline to come (English)
Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
Yyeske:
You can Waka pass a post if you don't understand it next time.

learn to be silent in certain issues....is golden...

there is nothing to understand in ur unguarded outburst with no trajectory.
Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by kayfra: 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

I didn't ask you the Igbo meaning. Since you know it has no Ijaw meaning, then it was never for the Ijaws as claimed by Asari.
The "too" in my statement addresses that
Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2019
3 pages arguing on top nothing.
Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by oyatz(m): 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
You are absolutely correct.

An ethnic group and a country may NOT necessarily coincide.

All Greek peoples are not indigenous to one country. Greek peoples in varying percentages can be found in Greece, Macedonia, Turkey and Cyprus.
The Coptic peoples are indigenous to Egypt, Libya and Sudan
The Yorubas are indigenous to Nigeria, Benin Republic and Togo.

Ethnic Germans are in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Czech Republic.

In fact, it was the attempt by Adolf Hitler to annex other Countries with sizeable German populations that led to the Second World War.

wirinet:

1 Like

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by MyGeneration(m): 10:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
Very stupid argument. The name Biafra has been there before the creation of Nigeria. If you look at old maps during the 1800 we had bight of Benin and bight of Biafra.
Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Yyeske(m): 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
Osagyefo98:

learn to be silent in certain issues....is golden...

there is nothing to understand in ur unguarded outburst with no trajectory.
Asari has said it all, you can go hang yourself.
Your trajectory or projectile has no meaning to me since I've always been on the lane with his recent outburst about Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB Biafra.
The guy had schooled you enough to understand what is known as diplomacy and I hope you learn from him since it's obvious he's smarter than you and your god and saviour Nnamdi Kanu.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari by Emilokoiyawon: 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2019
I am not Igbo even though I understand the language. But how someone like Dokubo will be rubbishing Igbos like dis is very concerning? In terms of relevance (both historical and current) can Ijaws hold a candle to Ndigbo? Lets be honest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Restricts Military Participation In Bayelsa, Kogi Gov Elections To Patrol / Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals / Soot, Fire Outbreaks: RSG Seeks Citizens Synergy To End Illegal Refineries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.