Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency (588 Views)

Suicidal 67-Year-Old Man Jumped Into Kwara River, Rescued By Sympathizers (Photo / Omohtee Speaks After Botched Cosmetic Surgery Left Her Suicidal / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by Moneyfem: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2019
Depression is usually caused by love break-up, loss of a loved one, financial crisis, family issues, accident-induced disability, life-threatening injury/sickness, psychological disorder or what have you. Funnily, some people sometimes just feel bad and depressed without occurrence of any of the circumstances stated above.

Come what may, you can prevent symptoms and full-blown manifestations of depression and suicide by these ways below:

1. God: Only God gives strength to the weak. You can do all things through God that gives you strength. The joy of God is the source of strength. Things like food, materials or achievements give happiness but Joy is part of the Fruit produced in man by the Spirit of God. Happiness is already part of God's Joy package. Move closer to God. Study and use the Word of God, pray to Him and don't forsake fellowship of fellow believers. Depression and suicidal thoughts will be far from you even in the face of a challenge.

2. Ensure you add a lot of fruits and vegetables to your food. Excess carbohydrates trigger bad hormones that enhance depression. Fruits and vegetables are natural body coolants.

3. Do regular physical exercise. If you don't have special time for exercise, ensure you have a long trek per day. Human body is programmed by God to move every day, ceteris paribus. A good brisk walk is naturally exercising. If you keep taking bikes and cabs for every short distance, you risk depression because the feel-good hormones that should neutralise the bad ones in your body will not be released. Even in the face of troubles, the glow and happiness you derive from exercise-induced hormones will not let you go depressed let alone considering suicide.

4. Try to be around people and socialize. Staying indoors all the time is harmful to your body system. Some don't talk with people around them because of ego while some because of their introverted nature. Nevertheless, come out from your shell and mingle with people so that no bad thought can occupy your mind. If you're alone for too long, it will lead to psychological disorders such as extreme/aggressive soliloquy, repeated and unnecessary thoughts, e. t. c. If care is not taken, you will not know when the idea to kill yourself will be registered in your mind. So, to avoid this, mix and mingle with people.

5. Find a job or business to be busy with. Some people's unhappiness and depression emanate from being too jobless and idle for too long. If you can't find a job yet, try a small business with the little savings you have. If business is not working, go and learn a relevant modern trade or skill. The most important thing is to be actively engaged in something positive.

Play your roles.

OWOFEM.

1 Like

Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by popsy2(m): 9:49am On Apr 30, 2019
Good one
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by kajoula(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2019
D
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by Mariangeles(f): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2019
Do those really work ??
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by Moneyfem: 10:09am On Apr 30, 2019
They work except if the depression is spiritually inflicted.
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by power50: 10:28am On Apr 30, 2019
It depends on what caused the depression in the first place. If someone is suffering of depression, there is a missing gap in that person's life. The only solution is to help the person to fill in that gap and the person would be fine.

List your business on https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by Moneyfem: 11:28am On Apr 30, 2019
[quote author=power50 post=77978735]It depends on what caused the depression in the first place. If someone is suffering of depression, there is a missing gap in that person's life. The only solution is to help the person to fill in that gap and the person would be fine.

But there's hardly no time there's no gap to fill in one's life especially in this Africa. The most important thing is to sometimes move on.
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by Moneyfem: 11:51am On May 18, 2019
The situation in Nigeria shouldn't be the reason for suicide because there are economically worse countries than Nigeria in the world and they are not killing themselves anyhow. Cheer up!
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by jbblues24(m): 2:09pm On May 26, 2019
I want to learn this kind of shot! Teach me.
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by jbblues24(m): 9:18am On May 27, 2019
This icons has navigated right into my heart.
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by Moneyfem: 6:52am On May 28, 2019
Good.
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by Moneyfem: 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2021
Which kind of shot are you referring to?
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by Moneyfem: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
Don't give room for depression.
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by Moneyfem: 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
Valid points.
Re: 5 Key Ways To Prevent Anxiety, Depression & Suicidal Tendency by manishpercoyo: 6:11am On Jun 29, 2022
If you feel short of oxygen you can get one https://sagarhealthseva.com/oxygen-concentrator-bangalore/oxygen concentrator machine

(1) (Reply)

Hurt My Big Toe. / Pls Help Me On How I Can Cure My Stammer / Natural Extracts For Your Long, Natural​ Hair.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.