Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos (48723 Views)

Lockdown: What Computer Village Lagos Looks Like Due To Coronavirus (Video) / Meet Abisola Azeez Raolat, The New Iyaloja Of Computer Village, Lagos / Tinubu-ojo Installs Iyaloja, Babaloja In Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Westsida: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
mmsen:

They don't want useless traditions that serve no purpose.

Who will fund these two posts and what purpose will they serve? What problem will they resolve that is not already being taken care of?

Them ask your papa for money bah?

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Laidebrain(m): 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
Seriously bruh! It's just a matter of mentality and perception. If you feel all heads are criminals and mode of extortion, then good for you.. Am not too sure I can change your mindset. Enjoy the rest of your evening bro
plaetton:

Lol.

Same way that a Mafia Extortion Racket promises to protect their victims from crime , right ?
Nigeria can never be a nation because people like you rationalize and normalize and institutionalize criminality.

Call a spade a spade.
The Iyaloja and Babaloja is nothing but Criminal EXTORTION racket, hiding under the camouflage of tradition.
In Italy and other countries, this type of extortion system is called the mafia, and the participants are usually busted for running a criminal enterprise.
Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Westsida: 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mimicle101:

"Our land"
"Yoruba land"

Is Yoruba not in Nigeria?

By the time fools like you learn to state your opinion without using above quoted words when discussing about matters that concern every Nigerian Citizen then people like me will start taking you serious... kak

Yes it is, so is the Yiibo land. If you no like the offer, kindly make way.

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Westsida: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2019
Beremx:
Not computer village. you can champion your Market header campaign at Oshodi or mushin. cheesy

People wey don dey warm up already. Dey there dey play yourself!

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by plaetton: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2019
Laidebrain:
Seriously bruh! It's just a matter of mentality and perception. If you feel all heads are criminals and mode of extortion, then good for you.. Am not too sure I can change your mindset. Enjoy the rest of your evening bro

Likewise, if you feel that a family or set of families have the right to reap from the sweat of other hardworking people, and you call that your culture and tradition, then live with it.
But stop trying to rationalize the forceful subjugation of unwilling victims of your EXTORTION culture.
We live , or should I say, we are pretending to live a modern democracy, where the rule of law and constitution guarantees individual liberty and freedom of assembly.

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by MyGeneration(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
May the best man win.

But we are all watching. Let's hope it doesn't back fire soon.

But I think it might help organize the market, considering how much atrocities happen in the market and we keep on reporting every time on social media. The only thing is the Nigerian problem of corruption but I know Lagos can do better.

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by mannatech: 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
Westsida:

Just like a Captain. Scam that’s existing in CV no be joke. Lots of scammers posing as business people. People fall victims everyday. How about pick-pocket people? So if there’s no Captain/controller, there can never be a change!
And you believe the iyaloja and babaloja will effect this change?
Who appoints them self.

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by AbaLion: 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
Beremx Weremx:
That dude is one of those who brought tribalism to nairaland. It was even rumoured back then he was FFK. Go to facebook and see how sensible Yorubas are condemning this nonsense
A tradition that preceded the existence of your forefathers can never be nonsense.
Never again, in your trashy, hollow and insignificant life, should such inanity as denigrating against Yoruba tradition slip off your slimy tongue.
The deliberate task of restricting the Lagos worms and inconsequential economic refugees within bounds, is a mission that must be accomplished. If you don't like it, bounce!

-Lion

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Cargoed: 5:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
How has the market functioned without such what of the local government. Also after Nigeria's independence such things cannot hold water in any court. I can understand markets that existed before independence to have such up till now.

Talkless in a democratic dispensation where every leader must be elected democratically.

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Princedapace(m): 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
Laidebrain:
And what do you think this is about, Am sorry but sometimes you need to wake the cognitive part of your brain to see beyond the current situation.

damn tribalism.. everything is not igbo vs yoruba!

Habaaa... can u first see this as business people fighting for what they believe in rather than see igbos in it?

At least, I saw yoruba shop owners too complaining. Must u tag it a tribal something?

we are first humans before our tribes. Hope u arent among those who complain when whites are racists?

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Princedapace(m): 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
Timekeeper:

Damn liar, see his mouth. So no Igbo man stood against Abi. Talking rubbish

Egun oshi, saying it was only Yoruba that stood against.

My brother, i am not here to drag anything with u.. my point is can u just see this as humans who are fighting over their business?

And hope u have never abused whites when they racially abuse us blacks? If u do and u are this tribalistic, u are a big f**l

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by mannatech: 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
It's a shame that a state like Lagos which has become a pace setter is still wallowing in backwardness.

What stops the government from creating an agency to control and manage all state owned markets.
Professionals that are skilled and experienced.

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Basher8583: 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
Optionalx:

Dumb Ethnic champion...
You and your bigot type can’t do NOTHING
It’s one Nigeria...
you either compete, succeed and achieve... or die hating

BW
Igbos are going nowhere anytime some...

Good for you then. Prepare to adher to Lagos rules and regulation or LAGOON straight!
Igbos kuku did not vote for APC so you really dont have any bargaining chip. I pity your losing tribe in Lagos oh. You will do what you are asked to do or else na hunger go hit you. Igbos are so irrelevant in Lagos and just thriving on the thin thread of tolleration given by yorubas which they are about to finally break.
When e finally happen... Na 911 you go enta straight to South East go start all over.

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Optionalx: 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
Basher8583:

Good for you then. Prepare to adher to Lagos rules and regulation or LAGOON straight!
Loser/mumu talk...
I no fit engage... abeg pack...

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by AbaLion: 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
[size=8pt][/size]
Athena4:
Egbon. The iyaloja/babaloja thing will affect all the traders WHO HAPPEN TO COME FROM OVER 178 TRIBES IN NIGERIA negatively. This is not a Igbo , Yoruba fight. Stop making issues there are none.This tribal thing is stale. shey if you fall sick 2morrow na Igbo do you? if ur money loss na igbo.? If ur joystick refuse stand na Igbo? O boy get a life . You sound insane in all your posts Igbo this , Yoruba that. This thing will kukuma kill you in sleep.
How many of the other several tribes constitutes as much nuisance as the igboos?
Being Lagos worms/leeches might be a little tolerated but being a law unto yourselves is never permissible in no circumstances.

-Lion

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Timekeeper: 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
Princedapace:

My brother, i am not here to drag anything with u.. my point is can u just see this as humans who are fighting over their business?

And hope u have never abused whites when they racially abuse us blacks? If u do and u are this tribalistic, u are a big f**l

Ur Papa big f**l
Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Beremx(f): 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
AbaLion:

A tradition that preceded the existence of your forefathers can never be nonsense.
Never again, in your trashy, hollow and insignificant life, should such inanity as denigrating against Yoruba tradition slip off your slimy tongue.
The deliberate task of restricting the Lagos worms and inconsequential economic refugees within bounds, is a mission that must be accomplished. If you don't like it, bounce!

-Lion
who is this one? All these ethnic bigots on a faceless forum sef. Lol

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Basher8583: 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
Optionalx:

Loser/mumu talk...
I no fit engage... abeg pack...

Have you forgoten that its the same yoruba people buying your goods. If you think otherwise why not move your business back to the east and let your non yorubas come over to buy your goods there. Nonsense..And ontop that you will still be insulting them.
I pity you and you nonsense business

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Beremx(f): 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
Akanbiedu:

I see. Computer village is in the East.
My dear, there are big markets in the east that sell computers, phones and electronic devices. There are no traditional market heads. Kindly visit facebook and see how Sensible yorubas are condemning this

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Optionalx: 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
Basher8583:

Igbos kuku did not vote for APC so you really dont have any bargaining chip. I pity your losing tribe in Lagos oh. You will do what you are asked to do or else na hunger go hit you. Igbos are so irrelevant in Lagos and just thriving on the thin thread of tolleration given by yorubas which they are about to finally break.
When e finally happen... Na 911 you go enta straight to South East go start all over.
Mumu talk from dumb ethnic champions
Improve yourself and achieve...
Your ‘brothers’ are ruling yet you’ve NOTHING...
People whose ‘brothers’ are not ruling are achieving- building mansions, riding fancy car...
Can you see how dumb you are?
Continue hating... till you kpekus

Again this’s one Nigeria...
Igbos are going nowhere anytime soon... deal with facts

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by MChaze25(m): 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Princedapace:

How on earth did u come to the conclusion that this is igbo vs yoruba things? Mehn, do ur type sleep and wake up in tribalism?

In the other report about this issue, it was Yoruba traders who stood against this but here, u have already made it Igbo vs Yoruba thing?
Shame! May u not raise ur children like u are.. Shame
Can you trust an Afonja?
Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by joshuaidibia(m): 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
T9ksy:
Last, last you guys will still have to obey the "Law of the land" - Afonja's rule and regulations else you are perfectly welcome to carry your products on your flat heads and relocate back to your hamlets.

As long as you lot chose to trade in our land, you are bound by our rules else you can naff off. No biggie

No difference between your and racists you watch about on tv

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Optionalx: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
Basher8583:

Have you forgoten that its the same yoruba people buying your goods. If you think otherwise why not move your business back to the east and let your non yorubas come over to buy your goods there. Nonsense..And ontop that you will still be insulting them.
Lol,
Why you no buy from your ‘brothers’
You’re pathological dumb... no depth...
You’ll soon die hating...
Bye

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Housing(m): 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
It is about money royalty being paid by the tech companies are in hundreds of million Naira. Microsoft, Dell, HP, Apple, Sony, Samsung, Techno others are paying royalties. That was the owner of Balotech TBliss father (Tiwa Savage ex father-in law) was removed as the head back then.
Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by AbaLion: 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
plaetton:

Lol.

Same way that a Mafia Extortion Racket promises to protect their victims from crime , right ?
Nigeria can never be a nation because people like you rationalize , normalize and institutionalize criminality.

Call a spade a spade.
The Iyaloja and Babaloja is nothing but Criminal EXTORTION racket, hiding under the camouflage of tradition.
In Italy and other countries, this type of extortion system is called the mafia, and the participants are usually busted for running a criminal enterprise.
Mumu talk.
If the domestic laws in Italy are as basic as much as you claim you know, you can gently relocate your kiosks to italy and sell your wares as conveniently as you want.
As inconsequential as you are, If installing market heads is criminal to you, who then are the idiots in charge of task force in SE?

-Lion

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Princedapace(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
Timekeeper:

Ur Papa big f**l

my father can not lament about whites being discriminating while he is doing same in his country..

I repeat, if u have ever insulted whites and called them racial beings, and u are here displaying tribal sentiment, u are a big f**l

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Athena4: 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
AbaLion:
[size=8pt][/size]
How many of the other several tribes constitutes as much nuisance as the igboos?
Being Lagos worms/leeches might be a little tolerated but being a law unto yourselves is never permissible in no circumstances.

-Lion
Who be this one? Nairaland enabling mentally incapacitated freaks to form an opinion.If Igbos are your problem, renounce your citizenship nah, cos they will always thrive no matter how much you hatefully chop shît because of them.They will even dash you more shît to chop if yours is not enough.

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by AbaLion: 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
plaetton:

Likewise, if you feel that a family or set of families have the right to reap from the sweat of other hardworking people, and you call that your culture and tradition, then live with it.
But stop trying to rationalize the forceful subjugation of unwilling victims of your EXTORTION culture.
We live , or should I say, we are pretending to live a modern democracy, where the rule of law and constitution guarantees individual liberty and freedom of assembly.
Mumu talk.
The constitution allows for states to domesticate laws as it affects them.
Go to Kano and stop Hisbah police. Rubbish!

-Lion

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by buchai: 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2019
tinubu is occupying the federal seat not bubu make una reason nah and we do not have law makers in the country both lower chamber and upper chambers are in a very deep slumber
Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Athena4: 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
Basher8583:

Shut up.If you like, you and your entire Generation can stop buying stuff from Igbos ,no one cares .Other people that have better things to do with their time will buy and go their way.Igbos will keep being enterprising and industrious and their legacy will out last Lazy ass nîggers like you.U think u r defending Yorubas? I believe they can speak for themselves. Anyway don't you have somewhere to bomb and behead people so you can go and meet 70 virgins?

Re: Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos by Basher8583: 6:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
Optionalx:

Lol,
Why you no buy from your ‘brothers’
You’re pathological dumb... no depth...
You’ll soon die hating...
Bye

Igbos with thier cunning man die cunning man bury am syndrome.
You cannot do biz with each other since you know your trade. Its dificult to hike the price to make unfair profits

Thieves

Omofemiwa Ramat Ibrahim Is Dead! Fire Kills Jimoh Ibrahim’s Mother / Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / What Business Can I Start With N70,000?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49