Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? (7515 Views)

The Mystery Of The 1966 Loaf Of Bread..north Distortion Of Facts / Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo / Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AkinEgba: 8:14pm On Sep 19, 2010
''Another group of soldiers was at that same time being led by a Major Donatus Okafor, to arrest or kill, if necessary, the country’s most senior Army officer, Major General Aguiyi Ironsi. This group failed to get the officer. The General was reportedly not found in his official residence. Neither was he to be found in his office.

The three groups and several others, were working in concert, coordinated by a Major Wale Ademoyega. The groups were communicating with and updating Ademoyega by radio. A few days earlier, Ademoyega himself had sent out a single message.

The Message said " Major Ademoyega will leave Lagos for a forty one days holiday and will arrive in Kaduna after fifty one days." It was a terse radio message, made seemingly so innocuous as to arouse no suspicions.

Indeed it went on the operations signaling radio of the Nigerian Army. Yet it was a call to mutiny by soldiers. It was actually a signal announcing the D-Day of Nigeria’s first military coup.

Major Wale Ademoyega, one of the three leaders of Nigeria’s first coup, sent from Lagos to their leader, Major Kaduna Nzeogwu, incidentally Nigeria’s first trained military intelligence officer announcing the readiness of Lagos for the coup.''

Full gist here http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/sunday-magazine/cover/13626.html
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AkinEgba: 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2010
Was the cover up about Tafawa Balewa's cause of death a ploy to achieve a set end?

''The body of Tafawa Balewa I saw about 7pm on Friday January 21, 1966 was a fresh body'''. Segun Osoba, veteran journalist and governor of Ogun state who saw the body of the late prime minister.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/sunday-magazine/cover/13626.html
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by koruji(m): 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2010
Major Wale Ademoyega, [size=14pt]one of the three leaders of Nigeria’s first coup[/size] , sent from Lagos [size=14pt] to their leader, Major Kaduna Nzeogwu, incidentally Nigeria’s first trained military intelligence officer [/size]

Akin-Egba:

''Another group of soldiers was at that same time being led by a Major Donatus Okafor, to arrest or kill, if necessary, the country’s most senior Army officer, Major General Aguiyi Ironsi. This group failed to get the officer. The General was reportedly not found in his official residence. Neither was he to be found in his office.

The three groups and several others, were working in concert, coordinated by a Major Wale Ademoyega. The groups were communicating with and updating Ademoyega by radio. A few days earlier, Ademoyega himself had sent out a single message.

The Message said " Major Ademoyega will leave Lagos for a forty one days holiday and will arrive in Kaduna after fifty one days." It was a terse radio message, made seemingly so innocuous as to arouse no suspicions.

Indeed it went on the operations signaling radio of the Nigerian Army. Yet it was a call to mutiny by soldiers. It was actually a signal announcing the D-Day of Nigeria’s first military coup.
Major Wale Ademoyega, [size=14pt]one of the three leaders of Nigeria’s first coup[/size] , sent from Lagos [size=14pt] to their leader, Major Kaduna Nzeogwu, incidentally Nigeria’s first trained military intelligence officer [/size]   announcing the readiness of Lagos for the coup.''

Full gist here http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/sunday-magazine/cover/13626.html
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AkinEgba: 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2010
Danjuma and Gowon should come clean. They claim to be christians.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AkinEgba: 12:08am On Sep 20, 2010
Osoba should also come out clearer on this matter than he has done.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by maxsiollun: 1:03am On Oct 11, 2010
Ademoyega was put in charge of strategic aspects like disrupting communication lines and taking over the police HQ. He also assisted Major Anuforo in leading Okotie-Eboh into the bush to be killed. Ademoyega and Anuoforo pushedOkotie-Eboh into the bush even though he was pleading and begging for his life. Anuforo then shot him.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by TewMuch: 3:24am On Oct 11, 2010
bullshit, stupid Akin-Egba. What are you trying to do? Revise history as usual. Seems there is some guilt coming up from somewhere. Ademoyega was stupid and was used. He was not in charge of nothing. The Igbo soldiers were in charge of the coup. Stop your nonsense by trying to say Yoruba's did it. Stupid retard. Everyone knows the history of the coup and it is what it is. There is no need to start to raise up idiotic and nonsense allegations. If it was a Yoruba thing, more Yoruba's would have been involved. Does Ironsi sound Yoruba to you? Omo ale.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by dayokanu(m): 3:36am On Oct 11, 2010
Coincidentally Ademoyega deliberately co-ordinated it so that all Igbo politicians escaped assasination and other regional leaders were killed.

Funny. What havent we heard about this coup, Some time back someone said Awolowo was the one coordinating the coup from Jail in Calabar and the coup plotters arrested Balewa to take him to Calabar to hand over to Awolowo.

Ridiculous the extent people would go to revise history

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 11, 2010
chieeee dayo, jorr, ma wa si politics le kookan. kiss
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AloyEmeka5: 3:42am On Oct 11, 2010
So who coordinated Abuja bombing?
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 11, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

So who coordinated Abuja bombing?
Awolowo.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AndreUweh(m): 9:42am On Oct 11, 2010
TewMuch:

bullshit, silly Akin-Egba. What are you trying to do? Revise history as usual. Seems there is some guilt coming up from somewhere. Ademoyega was silly and was used. He was not in charge of nothing. The Igbo soldiers were in charge of the coup. Stop your nonsense by trying to say Yoruba's did it. silly retard. Everyone knows the history of the coup and it is what it is. There is no need to start to raise up idiotic and nonsense allegations. If it was a Yoruba thing, more Yoruba's would have been involved. Does Ironsi sound Yoruba to you? Omo ale.
Baboon, go back to the zoo or be civil. Why do you have to insult the poster in such a manner. You simply agree or disagree than run your stinking mouth wide in the public. Some morons do not even create a thread but only to insult thread starters. Shameless maggot. Even the Ironsi you mentioned was not involved in the coup.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AkinEgba: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2010
TewMuch:

bullshit, silly Akin-Egba. What are you trying to do? Revise history as usual. Seems there is some guilt coming up from somewhere. Ademoyega was silly and was used. He was not in charge of nothing. The Igbo soldiers were in charge of the coup. Stop your nonsense by trying to say Yoruba's did it. silly retard. Everyone knows the history of the coup and it is what it is. There is no need to start to raise up idiotic and nonsense allegations. If it was a Yoruba thing, more Yoruba's would have been involved. Does Ironsi sound Yoruba to you? Omo ale.

Ogbonge ignoramus. Please read Ademoyega's book Why We Struck. The book was titled why we struck and not why they struck.

http://www.shvoong.com/books/256078-struck-story-nigerian-coup/
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Katsumoto: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Ogbonge ignoramus. Please read Ademoyega's book Why We Struck. The book was titled why we struck and not why they struck.

http://www.shvoong.com/books/256078-struck-story-nigerian-coup/

Mekusxxx Akin-egba

What is the point of this thread? It has been re-hashed over and over on these boards.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Katsumoto: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2010
maxsiollun:

Ademoyega was put in charge of strategic aspects like disrupting communication lines and taking over the police HQ. He also assisted Major Anuforo in leading Okotie-Eboh into the bush to be killed. Ademoyega and Anuoforo pushedOkotie-Eboh into the bush even though he was pleading and begging for his life. Anuforo then shot him.

But Ademoyega did not kill anyone

1 Like

Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Remii(m): 10:52am On Oct 11, 2010
Katsumoto:

But Ademoyega did not kill anyone

Ademoyega did not deny being part of the 5 Majors. Read his book, Why We Struck.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Katsumoto: 11:09am On Oct 11, 2010
Remii:

Ademoyega did not deny being part of the 5 Majors. Read his book, Why We Struck.

Did I state that Ademoyega denied being part of the coup? please re-read if necessary. BTW, I have read his book.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AkinEgba: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2010
Katsumoto:

Mekusxxx Akin-egba

What is the point of this thread? It has been re-hashed over and over on these boards.
Omo were bluetooth Katsumoto . You may not personally be in denial but ignorant brothers like Tewmuch and Dayokanu are. Yes we are all Yoruba but we must be seen to be upholding the truth. Whether you killed anyone or not, as long as you are among robbers caught with guns, you are part of the armed robbery.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by dayokanu(m): 4:04pm On Oct 11, 2010
So which truth has Tewmuch and Dayokanu denied?

It was Ademoyega who killed Sardauna

It was Awolowo who killed Okotie Eboh

It was Fajuyi who killed Balewa

It was Benjamin Adekunle who killed Akintola

It was Yorubas who declared Biafra and came to kill Igbos. It was Awolowo and Ademoyega who did everything

Are you now satisfied?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Katsumoto: 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You crack me up, always. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Katsumoto: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Omo were bluetooth Katsumoto . You may not personally be in denial but ignorant brothers like Tewmuch and Dayokanu are. [b]Yes we are all Yoruba [/b]but we must be seen to be upholding the truth. Whether you killed anyone or not, as long as you are among robbers caught with guns, you are part of the armed robbery.

No you are not Yoruba; you are definitely Mekusxxx no matter how much you try to deny it.

Also, only a fool would think that Bluetooth and I are one and the same.

Read Maxsiollun's post and you will understand why I made the comment about Ademoyega. Learn to take an holistic approach to issues and you will not be found wanting. wink
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by olafolarin(m): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Awolowo.

Exactly-------------
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AkinEgba: 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2010
Katsumoto:

No you are not Yoruba; you are definitely Mekusxxx no matter how much you try to deny it.

Also, only a fool would think that Bluetooth and I are one and the same.

Read Maxsiollun's post and you will understand why I made the comment about Ademoyega. Learn to take an holistic approach to issues and you will not be found wanting.  wink

Not only are you definitely Bluetooth, you are also BKbabe. You use different methods and identities to convey your message. Your game is up with your hatred. I was born to love all peoples no matter their creed. Everyone knows that Ademoyega was pushing Okotie Eboh alongside Anuforo and Anuforo pulled the trigger at some point. The police report was clear about that. So the blood of Okotie Eboh is on the head of Anuforo and Ademoyega. I am Yoruba and if you do not like it, you know what to do: jump off the cliff. I have no frigging idea who mekusxxx is.Ok?
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by chosen04(f): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Not only are you definitely Bluetooth, you are also BKbabe. You use different methods and identities to convey your message. Your game is up with your hatred. I was born to love all peoples no matter their creed. Everyone knows that Ademoyega was pushing Okotie Eboh alongside Anuforo and Anuforo pulled the trigger at some point. The police report was clear about that. So the blood of Okotie Eboh is on the head of Anuforo and Ademoyega. I am Yoruba and if you do not like it, you know what to do: jump off the cliff. I have no frigging idea who mekusxxx is.Ok?

I love the bolded:: Its a great advice::
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by T9ksy(m): 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2010
Posted by: Akin-Egba
So the blood of Okotie Eboh is on the head of Anuforo and Ademoyega
WRONG! The police report stated that:

The Minister was then forced to go into the bush, pushed along by Major Anuforo and Major Ademoyega and followed by 2/Lt Igweze and Sgt. Ndukaife to the spot where the bodies of the 4 senior officers had been deposited. Arriving there, without hesitation, Major Anuforo killed Okotie-Eboh with a short burst from his SMG.

So the blood of okotie Eboh is on the heads of all 4 accomplices!!! grin grin

And oh yeah, the Special Branch Police Report was very clear that too!!! grin grin
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AkinEgba: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2010
T9ksy:

Posted by: Akin-Egba WRONG! The police report stated that:

So the blood of okotie Eboh is on the heads of all 4 accomplices!!! grin grin

And oh yeah, the Special Branch Police Report was very clear that too!!! grin grin

Yes you are right. On the head of the four of them who supervised the killing. None is exempt.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Not only are you definitely Bluetooth, you are also BKbabe.[b] You use different methods and identities to convey your message. [/b]Your game is up with your hatred. I was born to love all peoples no matter their creed. Everyone knows that Ademoyega was pushing Okotie Eboh alongside Anuforo and Anuforo pulled the trigger at some point. The police report was clear about that. So the blood of Okotie Eboh is on the head of Anuforo and Ademoyega. I am Yoruba and if you do not like it, you know what to do: jump off the cliff. I have no frigging idea who mekusxxx is.Ok?
So you think everybody is like you with multiple id ? I have told to stop making stup!d claims,you are not yoruba.
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AkinEgba: 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2010
~Bluetooth:

So you think everybody is like you with multiple id ? I have told to stop making stup!d claims,you are not yoruba.

Show me where I have posted with multiple IDs. Jump off the cliff if you think am not Yoruba. If you do not want to jump off the cliff and die, then accept the fact that am Yoruba and probably more Yoruba than you. Wetin be Bluetooth? That na Yoruba name? Oloshi. grin grin grin
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Show me where I have posted with multiple IDs. Jump off the cliff if you think am not Yoruba. If you do not want to jump off the cliff and die, then accept the fact that am Yoruba and probably more Yoruba than you. Wetin be Bluetooth? That na Yoruba name? Oloshi. grin grin grin
abi nkan se ori e ni ? O te te losi ile awon alarun opolo abi ko losi boarder ko wa awon to n se e lo.ode !
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by AkinEgba: 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2010
~Bluetooth:

abi nkan se ori e ni ? O te te losi ile awon alarun opolo abi ko losi boarder ko wa awon to n se e lo.ode !
Ori'e ti daru ni? Omo ijogbon. Ma je kin fo eti'e grin grin grin
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Ori'e ti daru ni? Omo ijogbon. Ma je kin fo eti'e grin grin grin
O ma fo eti mi ? Mo se se mo pe ara e o ya ni.O need agbo ile tutu
Re: Ademoyega Was The Cordinator Of The 1966 Ibo Coup? by Dede1(m): 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2010
Remii:

The grandiose denial of the fact that January 15, 1966 cut across the ethnic divide within Nigeria has degenerated to sorry state of who killed who. A person does not need to kill or own the responsibility of killing a targeted interest to become a leader or coordinator of a coup.

Whether Ademoyega killed a target or not, the fact remains Ademoyega was one of the architects of January 15, 1966 coup.

Yet people forgot it was Captain Waribor who shot Ahmadu Bello.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Beautiful photos of Lagos you will mistake for london / Sanwo-Olu Swears In 18 New Permanent Secretaries / Is Obi Cubana Supporting ESN? See The Sophisticated Guns Found At His Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.