Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" (663 Views)

You Have 14 Days To Apologize - Celestial Prophet To David Ibiyeomie / That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet / Mike Davids: I Received Instructions From God To Apologize To Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by Jerryembassy91(m): 8:39am On May 01, 2019
Rugby star Samu Kerevi was called out for "offending" his fans with his Easter post in which he wrote, "I love Jesus".

The 25-year-old Queensland Reds captain caused controversy when he shared a Bible verse on his Instagram account on Easter Thursday.

Sharing a photo of himself taken at a recent match, he wrote: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

He added: "Thank You Jesus for dying on the cross for me. I love you Jesus."

Kerevi's post received mixed reactions. Some fans supported him while some questioned whether he would publicly declare his support for gay Australians in the same way.

One fan wrote: "I know a lot of gay kids and adults in our sport would love to hear a rugby leader like you say you love and respect them for who they are - are you willing to endorse that message?"
In a sarcastic post, Kerevi later ''apologized'' to his fans for upsetting them with his Easter post.

In the post, the Fijian-born sport star wrote " I apologize to anyone that I have offended in giving praise to our God on a weekend that we take off to celebrate his sacrifice for you and I".

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2019/4/rugby-star-forced-to-apologize-to-fans-for-saying-i-love-jesus-and-quoting-the-bible-at-easter-2.html

1 Like

Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by Nobody: 8:43am On May 01, 2019
Oyibo get problem i swear.

1 Like

Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by brodalikeme(m): 8:43am On May 01, 2019
People can easily get offended at the mention of the name Jesus sha.
Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by Jerryembassy91(m): 8:45am On May 01, 2019
Scam!!!....upgrade to nextlevel ,this is method is old
[quote authorKalvin1372 post=78003959][color=#770077][/color]see below[/quote]
Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by Jerryembassy91(m): 8:45am On May 01, 2019
Serious wahala
R2bees:
Oyibo get problem i swear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by Jerryembassy91(m): 8:46am On May 01, 2019
You Can imagine that
brodalikeme:
People can easily get offended at the mention of the name Jesus sha.

1 Like

Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by onyedi247(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2019
are the not Christians?? if no, must the interfere to some ones religion
Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by TVSA: 8:54am On May 01, 2019
the babe is all I see

Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by JubrinElSudan: 8:55am On May 01, 2019
Is he gay? Why are they blackmailing him with the gay talk?

1 Like

Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by Nobody: 9:05am On May 01, 2019
That's an apology of an apology, Lol! cheesy

Endorsing the abominable demonic gay sex message his foot he says indirectly!
Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by brodalikeme(m): 11:27am On May 01, 2019
Jerryembassy91:

You Can imagine that

Yes Oo and the silent reason behind that is "so you think you are better than us"
Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by brodalikeme(m): 11:30am On May 01, 2019
Can this lady survive a certain Nigeria former governor and now party chief at all?
Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by BlackfireX: 6:18pm On May 01, 2019
Sorry..
Re: Rugby Star Forced To 'apologize' To Fans For Saying "I Love Jesus" by Badbunny: 6:23pm On May 01, 2019

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Happy Children's Day_raising A Child Of Destiny Worship With Us _csmc / The Secrets Behind RUGA Exposed By Adamu Mohammed. / The Spirit Of God Is Not The Spirit Of The Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.