Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,911 members, 7,863,127 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu (5484 Views)

Could This Be True About Ojukwu In Abidjan / Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) / Describe Ojukwu In One Word. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

This one is in a national newspaper. The other one was figment of your imagination which never made it to any daily newspapers.
You lied. . .the news was reported by compass newspaper.i can now see why you were denying it cuz you never bothered to read and confirm the source.soon as you saw ojukwu's name,you went haywire.na wao
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 11:43pm On Sep 19, 2010
sbeezy8:

Number 1 igbo are not and have never been better than any other tribe in Nigeria, Its crazy to say igbo bested anyone, Minority groups in particular were under the hegemoney of the east north and west. What do you expect them to revert East West North? and only vote for any of the three big tribes.

Or maybe you expect ayorubas to go to that awolowo stage- me against the world. NO not happening- we are on our own.

Igbos held higher position before at the detriment of others. in a north 1st and east 2nd  coalition- which is fine

As for the conspiracy take that up with those who feel that way because I like many westerners dont-  THE ONLY THING WE HAVE ARE VOTES and we do nothing but vote like most westerners

They should vote for IBB to correct than then-

Do you honestly believe that the only thing you have in Nigeria is votes?
Is that how Yoruba controlled Nigeria's presidency for 8 years?
Is Obasanjo or Falae, Abiola?

Did Obasanjo win the elections that was annulled?  

If it is only your votes, do you think a Yoruba would have ruled Nigeria?

Did Jonathan, for instance, become VP through votes?

I can go on, but then I know you and your people. Your selfishness is astounding.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

You lied. . .the news was reported by compass newspaper.i can now see why you were denying it cuz you never bothered to read and confirm the source.soon as you saw ojukwu's name,you went haywire.na wao

And was corroborated by which other news media -online and print? By the end of today, you will see this same news in other newspapers. Which other news paper carried the idiotic Ojukwu-to- Jonathan visit news?

Can you think at all?
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by T9ksy(m): 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2010
You know what? I hope the Igbos vote IBB in as he's promised them the presidency in 2015.
Then we wait and see. Its like all the problems of nigeria will be solved once we have an igbo president.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 11:51pm On Sep 19, 2010
Just as I thought:
[size=16pt]IBB visits Ojukwu[/size]

From PETRUS OBI Enugu
Monday, September 20 , 2010
•Ojukwu
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Former military head of state, Ibrahim Babangida, at the weekend, visited former Biafran warlord, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu-Ojukwu at his Enugu residence in what is seen as an attempt to woo the Igbo leader ahead of the presidential election.

Babangida whose private jet marked 5N-BLI arrived Akanu Ibiam Airport, Enugu, on Sunday afternoon thus became the first presidential aspirant to visit the Igbo leader.
Several other presidential hopefuls had, in the past weeks made effort to see Ojukwu but failed to pull it off as the Ikemba was said to be away on a medical trip abroad.

Babangida was accompanied by former Senate President Ken Nnamani, his campaign coordinator, Raymond Dokpesi, former Minister of Health, Prof. ABC Nwosu former governorship aspirant in Anambra State and Obinna Uzor. Also at Ojukwu’s home were Chief Austin Ndigwe and Hon. Ken Onoh. Although reporters were not allowed into the closed-door meeting, it was gathered that the visit was in connection with IBB’s presidential ambition.

Although details of the discussion were not made public, Daily Sun gathered that after initial exchange of pleasantries, IBB, Ojukwu and his wife, Bianca, went into closed-door session.
However, feelers from the meeting said the former military president tried to convince Ojukwu that his dream of seeing an Igbo man become executive president of Nigeria in his lifetime was still feasible if he could come on board the IBB train, where it has been guaranteed that an Igbo son would take over after four years.

Although there were no details as to whether Ojukwu agreed to that proposal, the Ikemba Nnewi was said to have assured Babangida that the support which he (Ojukwu) had earlier thrown behind the ex-head of state was genuine. He said the support was based on the fact that he was not in doubt that IBB had the capacity to serve Nigeria well as civilian president.

Babangida, who spoke to newsmen at the airport, however, said he was on courtesy call to Ojukwu as his senior in the Military and an elder statesman. He said, “It was just a courtesy visit. Don’t forget that we were all together in the military and as a very senior officer, I owe him that respect. I respect him because he is also an elder statesman.”

Babangida also said he was in love with Ndigbo, stressing that it was the singular factor that had made him keep friendship with majority of them. He said he would continue to love the Igbo race, adding that his attraction to Igbo people was based on his track record while in office. He noted that the records would continue to speak for him in all his dealings.

Commenting on the large crowd that graced the declaration of President Goodluck Jonathan at the weekend, he said he was not perturbed, stressing, however, that he applauded them. He said he was working with Atiku Abubakar, Aliyu Gusau and Bukola Saraki to present a consensus candidate for the presidency from the north next year, stressing that the accord would materialize soon for the good of the country.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/sept/20/national-20-09-2010-001.htm

Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

And was corroborated by which other news media -online and print? By the end of today, you will see this same news in other newspapers. Which other news paper carried the idiotic Ojukwu-to- Jonathan visit news?

Can you think at all?
You lied again. . . .what will you say about Saharareporters that are privy to informations that no other media house could not get.the case of yaradua's sickness and picture of abul mutallab are still fresh in my memories.so what if compass was the only media that was privy to this information and all these while,neither ojukwu nor Obi himsel have denied the visit.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 11:54pm On Sep 19, 2010
If you want the Igbo vote, you have to go through Ojukwu and Ohanaeze.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 19, 2010
This boy called Bluetooth, I don't know what his obsession with Ojukwu is.

Ojukwu is not your President, nor you Governor nor you Senator. So I really don't know why you are so obsessed with criticising him. Before you go on to attempt to re-write Ojukwu's history try to see if you can ever be the CEO of any organisation let alone the Governor of a State.

Ojukwu studied history in oxford, Rose to a colnel in Nigerian Army and eventually a General in the Biafran Army.

So before you get yourself so worked up trying to re-write the history of an octogenarian that is almost at the end of his labours in this life, make sure you have a chance of achieving anything in this life.

And I am sorry to say at your level of reasoning and the amount of bigotory you display here you have a long way to go.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2010

Babangida whose private jet marked 5N-BLI arrived Akanu Ibiam Airport, Enugu, on Sunday afternoon thus became the first presidential aspirant to visit the Igbo leader.
[b]Several other presidential hopefuls had, in the past weeks made effort to see Ojukwu but failed to pull it off [/b]as the Ikemba was said to be away on a medical trip abroad.

Fact from REAL NEWS.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 11:57pm On Sep 19, 2010
mikeansy:

He is just jealous, because he come insignificant family and the insignificance of his own life. The boy will never amount to anything. That is why he is not only jealous of Ojukwu, he is jealous of the Ndi Igbo. We need to pity the small boy known as Bluetooth.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by sbeezy8: 11:59pm On Sep 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

Do you honestly believe that the only thing you have in Nigeria is votes?
Is that how Yoruba controlled Nigeria's presidency for 8 years?
Is Obasanjo or Falae, Abiola?
Did Obasanjo win the elections that was annulled?  
If it is only your votes, do you think a Yoruba would have ruled Nigeria?
Did Jonathan, for instance, become VP through votes?
I can go on, but then I know you and your people. Your selfishness is astounding.

common sense will tell you people cast votes IF obj was handpicked that should be brought up by IBB- he obviously wanted Obj as president and not Mko abiola who people voted for. If Jonathan was hand picked, Obj obviously wanted him to be president - ITS BAD but its already there.
speaking in the near future I like most yoruba people want free and fair elections even if a northerner emerges time and time again as long as the people including southerners voted for him

maybe IBB can rig eletion for an igboman to win in the north, I doubt the emirs imams would allow him tho. you can try to vote IBB
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 20, 2010
mikeansy:

Ojukwu is not your President, nor you Governor nor you Senator. So I really don't know why you are so obsessed with criticising him. Before you go on to attempt to re-write Ojukwu's history try to see if you can ever be the CEO of any organisation let alone the Governor of a State.

Ojukwu studied history in oxford, Rose to a colnel in Nigerian Army and eventually a General in the Biafran Army.

So before you get yourself so worked up trying to re-write the history of an octogenarian that is almost at the end of his labours in this life, make sure you have a chance of achieving anything in this life.

And I am sorry to say at your level of reasoning and the amount of bigotory you display here you have a long way to go.
What history are you talking about ? That he fought an unnecessary war that drag us years back; that he ran away in the thickness of the night in a skirt and blouse or what ? Abeg,forget that history thing.
MaziUche0:

He is just jealous, because he come insignificant family and the insignificance of his own life. The boy will never amount to anything. That is why he is not only jealous of Ojukwu, he is jealous of the Ndi Igbo. We need to pity the small boy known as Bluetooth.
What legacy is left in ojukwu ? NOTHING !!!.so i know who to look up to as my hero,definitely not a she-girl like Ikemba.I follow the footpaths of real men not cowards.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 12:06am On Sep 20, 2010
sbeezy8:

common sense will tell you people cast votes[b] IF obj was handpicked that should be brought up by IBB- he obviously wanted Obj as president and not Mko abiola. If Jonathan was hand picked by Obj obviously wanted him to be president - ITS BAD but its already there.[/b]
speaking in the near future I like most yoruba people want free and fair elections even if a northerner emerges time and time again as long as the people including southerners voted for him

maybe IBB can rig eletion for an igboman to win in the north, I doubt the emirs would allow him tho. you can try to vote IBB

You seem to be incapable of following even YOUR own logic. So, you want IBB to come and say something like "Oh, I dusted off OBJ and gave him  his balls back after Abacha took them, and single handedly put him on the throne" Is that what you want to hear?
I don't care how he does it, we need an Igbo man as president of Nigeria before we can buy anything else from Nigeria. That is where a lot of you people make mistakes. Nigeria has fundamental issues that must be resolved before we start talking about a free and fair elections.

That is the same reasons why we won't have a free and fair elections next year, at least at the presidential levels.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by AkinEgba: 12:06am On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

You lied again. . . .what will you say about Saharareporters that are privy to informations that no other media house could not get.the case of yaradua's sickness and picture of abul mutallab are still fresh in my memories.so what if compass was the only media that was privy to this information and all these while,neither ojukwu nor Obi himsel have denied the visit.

How can they deny what they have not read? How many people know about Compass Newspaper in Nigeria, let alone in Anambra state?
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by kosovo(m): 12:07am On Sep 20, 2010
A step in the right direction!
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 12:07am On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

What legacy is left in ojukwu ? NOTHING !!!.so i know who to look up to as my hero,definitely not a she-girl like Ikemba.I follow the footpaths of real men not cowards.

Look fool, jealous is no good. . .

He did more than what you would do or your people would do in such a situation.

You follow the path of Awolowo. . . Need I say more?
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by sbeezy8: 12:12am On Sep 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

You seem to be incapable of following even YOUR own logic. So, you want IBB to come and say something like "Oh, I dusted off OBJ and gave him  his balls back after Abacha took them, and single handedly put him on the throne". Is that what you want to hear?
I don't care how he does it, we need an Igbo man as president of Nigeria before we can buy anything else from Nigeria. That is where a lot of you people make mistakes. Nigeria has fundamental issues that must be resolved before we start talking about a free and fair elections.

That is the same reasons why we won't have a free and fair elections next year, at least at the presidential levels.

I wouldnt say It was IBB alone the northern Emirs definately had ALOT to do with putting OBJ there. IBB alone doesnt have th power to put anyone as president IF YOU CAN GUARANTEE THAT THE NORTH WILL GUARANTEE A IGBO PRESIDENT- go head but I doubt that cause nothing guaranteed in Nigeria.

as for 2011 I thinks its going to be more free and fair then the past. There is no popular southern candidate running the north will split itself against Jonathan. so hes winning anyway
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 20, 2010
MaziUche0:

Look fool, jealous is no good. . .

He did more than what you would do or your people would do in such a situation.

You follow the path of Awolowo. . . Need I say more?
He did everything out of greeed,failed and ran away !! Is really worth calling a leader ? And you still wonder why Edwin clarke despised him so much
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 12:17am On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

He did everything out of greeed,failed and ran away !! Is really worth calling a leader ? And you still wonder why Edwin clarke despised him so much

Why does that concern you? Igbos still love Ojukwu. Do not get upset that your people do not have a leader who is strong enough to unite your people.

Worry about your own people. Igbos have no problem with Ojukwu

And why would I care about Edwik Clarke who is not even native to the East?
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 12:17am On Sep 20, 2010
sbeezy8:

I wouldnt say It was IBB alone the northern Emirs definately had ALOT to do with putting OBJ there. IBB alone doesnt have th power to put anyone as president IF YOU CAN GUARANTEE THAT THE NORTH WILL GUARANTEE A IGBO PRESIDENT- go head but I doubt that cause nothing guaranteed in Nigeria.

as for 2011 I thinks its going to be more free and fair then the past. There is no popular southern candidate running the north will split itself against Jonathan. so hes winning anyway

This game is still at the level of infancy. The road ahead is still very far.  Like I've said several times before, my soft heart is with Jonathan because I share in his struggles as an easterner, but I can't count on his leadership abilities to make major changes in Nigeria. Ironically, a northerner like IBB has the balls to make such changes. It is crazy, but true.
Check Nigeria's history, IBB has impacted federal bureaucracy more than any other Nigerian president.
The federal government as we know it today was built up to 70% by IBB. FACT.

As for more southern candidates showing up, more of them will show up as VPs to northern candidates because they know about the zoning issue. It is unspoken, but there.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by sbeezy8: 12:20am On Sep 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

This game is still at the level of infancy. The road ahead is still very far. Like I've said several times before, my soft heart is with Jonathan because I share in his struggles as an easterner, but I can't count on his leadership abilities to make major changes in Nigeria. Ironically, a northerner like IBB has the balls to make such changes. It is crazy, but true.
Check Nigeria's history, IBB has impacted federal bureaucracy more than any other Nigerian president.
The federal government as we know it today was built up to 70% by IBB. FACT.

As for more southern candidates showing up, more of them will show up as VPs to northern candidates because they know about the zoning issue. It is unspoken, but there.

vote IBB then.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 12:22am On Sep 20, 2010
sbeezy8:

vote IBB then.

If he makes it to the presidential polls proper, I will.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 20, 2010
MaziUche0:

Why does that concern you? Igbos still love Ojukwu. Do not get upset that your people do not have a leader who is strong enough to unite your people.

Worry about your own people. Igbos have no problem with Ojukwu

And why would I care about Edwik Clarke who is not even native to the East?
Get upset for what ? The only thing that upset me is the unnecessary war he declared on nigeria or maybe you want me to care less for the lives of ibo that died cuz i do care about the lives of non-ibo that died in the war.I just hope one day,he would pay for all those deaths.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by HighChief4(m): 12:27am On Sep 20, 2010
Igbos have been unjustly marginalised, but at this age i really do not blame anybody on that other than our(igbo) greedy politicians. Look at what happened in 1999 when Jim Nwobodo betrayed Ekwueme in PDP primaries and they used him to split the eastern votes. I think we should blame our politicians more because they can sell their own just to secure their political position. We cannot be a major force when all our leaders(igbo) do is betray themselves. How many of them have sincerely called for an igbo president? During OBJ's term, we were given the seat of Senate President and we all know how many senate presidents the tenure produced, OBJ was tossin them around, but he could not remove Umar N'abba that was a pain in the a.ss for him because of the Nothern solidarity. LIFE CANNOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING EXCEPT YOU DEMAND FOR IT
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by sbeezy8: 12:29am On Sep 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

If he makes it to the presidential polls proper, I will.

lol he wont make it to the polls I guarantee it. GEJ as the support of 10 northern states, 6 south south states,and 4 SW states even if IBB gets support from the 4 SE states- wont be enough to make it to the poll.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by koruji(m): 12:32am On Sep 20, 2010
While this conspiracy is hard to deny you have to note that it is actually within the circle of elites that have stolen and pillaged Nigeria for the last 50 years. That is what you have to realize -this is a conflict among thieves, of which IBB is one big klepto. The solution then is not to help them resolve their differences in the name of "promises" they make - you should know by now that it amounts to nothing, absolutely nothing!

You keep holding on to your own false conclusion that IBB single-handedly put OBJ on the throne in 1993 - that is what IBB himself would like to believe, but it is not true. His craziness doesn't allow him to see that while people considered him an influential personality in Nigeria, and we all know his coup history, the emperor actually has no clothes. Ask yourself why he was unable to get the stool for himself in 2007 - the same reason he is not going to get it this time. The funny part is that this emperor that has no clothes either on his person or in storage is promising you the most beautiful cloth you desire and you are dancing through market - sorry o.

The number of Igbos is certainly a factor, but what is the population of the Nupe to which IBB belongs. My comparison what supposed to be absurd to point out that your isolation of Igbo in the south for presidency is just as absurd - what you are saying to the smallest groups in Nigeria is forget any chance of ever becoming president in Nigeria, but this is exactly what you are trying to reject. Note that I mentioned Ijebu-Jesha for good measure to make it really absurd - it is actually a town with a name formed from the name of the two yoruba groups.

What we need to do is take our government away from them and truly put in place a truly equitable system.

Onlytruth:
What people still don't understand is that Ndigbo feel that there is a post civil war conspiracy against them in Nigeria. That conspiracy has manifested several times, and some groups (who were bested by the Igbo in the 50s and 60s) openly boast that they would never allow an Igbo to become president. So, in light of that, do you think that Ndigbo will accept anything short of presidency of Nigeria?  Of course not.

@koruji  It is idiotic to compare us to Yoruba subgroups. We are a nation of between 30 to 50 million people.
It is like telling a Zulu that he can never be president of South Africa. Igbo could be the single largest ethnic group in Nigeria. We are talking about the presidency because of that fact.

Anything outside of that will signal to us that the civil war is still continuing. That is why folks like Ojukwu will remain relevant to Igbo psychology in Nigeria. He epitomizes our struggle, survival and independence.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 12:35am On Sep 20, 2010
High_Chief:

Igbos have been unjustly marginalised, but at this age i really do not blame anybody on that other than our(igbo) greedy politicians. Look at what happened in 1999 when Jim Nwobodo betrayed Ekwueme in PDP primaries and they used him to split the eastern votes. I think we should blame our politicians more because they can sell their own just to secure their political position. We cannot be a major force when all our leaders(igbo) do is betray themselves. How many of them have sincerely called for an igbo president? During OBJ's term, we were given the seat of Senate President and we all know how many senate presidents the tenure produced, OBJ was tossin them around, but he could not remove Umar N'abba that was a pain in the behind for him because of the Nothern solidarity. LIFE CANNOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING EXCEPT YOU DEMAND FOR IT

So what have YOU done to demand for it? Let me guess. Your mission is to tell us that we are hopeless. That is YOUR contribution to the demand.
Nwokem move over. undecided
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 12:35am On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Get upset for what ? The only thing that upset me is the unnecessary war he declared on nigeria or maybe you want me to care less for the lives of ibo that died cuz i do care about the lives of non-ibo that died in the war.I just hope one day,he would pay for all those deaths.

You illiterate buffoon. The war would never have happened if Nigeria protected the lives of Igbo citizens in the North. How hard is that for you to understand? Any person in his position would  have done that. And BTW, Nigeria declared war on the East, not the other way around.

I hope one day all the people who killed my people will die. And my biggest regret about that war or to the lead up to the war that we did not get rid of Awolowo and as many northern officers as we could. That was our biggest mistake.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by sbeezy8: 12:37am On Sep 20, 2010
High_Chief:

Igbos have been unjustly marginalised, but at this age i really do not blame anybody on that other than our(igbo) greedy politicians. Look at what happened in 1999 when Jim Nwobodo betrayed Ekwueme in PDP primaries and they used him to split the eastern votes. I think we should blame our politicians more because they can sell their own just to secure their political position. We cannot be a major force when all our leaders(igbo) do is betray themselves. How many of them have sincerely called for an igbo president? During OBJ's term, we were given the seat of Senate President and we all know how many senate presidents the tenure produced, OBJ was tossin them around, but he could not remove Umar N'abba that was a pain in the behind for him because of the Nothern solidarity. LIFE CANNOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING EXCEPT YOU DEMAND FOR IT

no tribe in nigeria has ever called for a president from their ethnicity- and got it.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 12:39am On Sep 20, 2010
sbeezy8:

no tribe in nigeria has ever called for a president from their ethnicity- and got it.

Yar'Adua? undecided
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Onlytruth(m): 12:42am On Sep 20, 2010
koruji:

While this conspiracy is hard to deny you have to note that it is actually within the circle of elites that have stolen and pillaged Nigeria for the last 50 years. That is what you have to realize -this is a conflict among thieves, of which IBB is one big klepto. The solution then is not to help them resolve their differences in the name of "promises" they make - you should know by now that it amounts to nothing, absolutely nothing!

You keep holding on to your own false conclusion that IBB single-handedly put OBJ on the throne in 1993 - that is what IBB himself would like to believe, but it is not true. His craziness doesn't allow him to see that while people considered him an influential personality in Nigeria, and we all know his coup history, the emperor actually has no clothes. Ask yourself why he was unable to get the stool for himself in 2007 - the same reason he is not going to get it this time. The funny part is that this emperor that has no clothes either on his person or in storage is promising you the most beautiful cloth you desire and you are dancing through market - sorry o.

The number of Igbos is certainly a factor, but what is the population of the Nupe to which IBB belongs. My comparison what supposed to be absurd to point out that[b] your isolation of Igbo in the south for presidency is just as absurd - what you are saying to the smallest groups in Nigeria is forget any chance of ever becoming president in Nigeria, but this is exactly what you are trying to reject.[/b] Note that I mentioned Ijebu-Jesha for good measure to make it really absurd - it is actually a town with a name formed from the name of the two yoruba groups.

What we need to do is take our government away from them and truly put in place a truly equitable system.

My friend stop already! undecided What is this nonsense talk about Ijebu this Ijebu that?

Let me go back to IBB.

YES he single handedly imposed Yoruba presidency, not just OBJ. He felt it was his duty to placate the Yoruba for Abiola's loss. It was fine with your people then.

The same IBB now talks about ending Igbo marginalization in Nigeria through Igbo presidency, suddenly, he can't deliver anymore.

Why not let us try him first to see. Something tells me that if IBB rules Nigeria again that all will not be the same.
He is like that. He has the balls to take on big things, like imposition of two Yoruba candidates on Nigeria in 1999.

Would you say it was democratic to do that?
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by T9ksy(m): 12:44am On Sep 20, 2010
Posted by: MaziUche0
I hope one day all the people who killed my people will die. And my biggest regret about that war or to the lead up to the war that we did not get rid of Awolowo and as many northern officers as we could. That was our biggest mistake.

Good thing you didn't else there sure wouldn't have been any nigeria, now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mohammed Fawehinmi: Exclusive Interview / The Fulani Crisis: Communal Violence & Radicalization, A Warning to Nigeria / 8,000 Whistle Blowers Recorded In One Year – Presidential Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.