Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,867 members, 7,862,886 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu (5483 Views)

Could This Be True About Ojukwu In Abidjan / Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) / Describe Ojukwu In One Word. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2010
I WANT TO ASK MY IGBO NAIRALANDERS A QUESTION. WHAT IF JONATHAN WINS THE PDP TICKET AND THEN THE 2011 ELECTIONS. WILL IT BE POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO HANDOVER TO AN IGBO PRESIDENT IN 2015 OR 2019?.

IN MY OPINION, I THINK THE IGBOS SHOULD RESPECT THE PDP ZONING ARRANGEMENT NOW AND BE ASSURED OF THE PRESIDENCY IN 2015 OR 2019. IF JONATHAN USES UP THE CHANCE NOW. IT MAY BECOME DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE BY THEN.

ANYWAY, I'M NOT A SUPPORTER OF IBB. BUT I WANT THE IGBOS TO THINK AHEAD.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2010
ALMUSTAQIM:

I WANT TO ASK MY IGBO NAIRALANDERS A QUESTION. WHAT IF JONATHAN WINS THE PDP TICKET AND THEN THE 2011 ELECTIONS. WILL IT BE POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO HANDOVER TO AN IGBO PRESIDENT IN 2015 OR 2019?.

IN MY OPINION, I THINK THE IGBOS SHOULD RESPECT THE PDP ZONING ARRANGEMENT NOW AND BE ASSURED OF THE PRESIDENCY IN 2015 OR 2019. IF JONATHAN USES UP THE CHANCE NOW. IT MAY BECOME DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE BY THEN.

Any aspirant that tells you he will hand over after one term is lying through his teeth.

True, Igbos can forget about 2015 not really because of Jonathan getting the southern slot, but mainly because they don't have what it takes!

All they have are regional power-brokers & rent-seekers, they haven't got one politician of national stature/credibility who can duke it out on the national stage, come 2015. So they should just forget about 2015 & go put their house in order.

Ken Nnamani that had some measure of credibility has just soiled his hands on the IBB-comeback project. Who else is there? Orji Kalu? Tufiakwa! Sullivan Chime? The Igbos are bereft of credible leadership/statesmen, let's face the bitter truth!
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by igboboy1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
ziddy:

Any aspirant that tells you he will hand over after one term is lying through his teeth.

True, Igbos can forget about 2015 not really because of Jonathan getting the southern slot, but mainly because they don't have what it takes!

All they have are regional power-brokers & rent-seekers, they haven't got one politician of national stature/credibility who can duke it out on the national stage, come 2015. So they should just forget about 2015 & go put their house in order.

Ken Nnamani that had some measure of credibility has just soiled his hands on the IBB-comeback project. Who else is there? Orji Kalu? Tufiakwa! Sullivan Chime? The Igbos are bereft of credible leadership/statesmen, let's face the bitter truth!

I agree with you on the bolded senetence, But so who come get credible statesman? Na Obj or Akala or Bankole? Stop being myopic in your conclusions, The truth is that credibility has nothing to do with presidency as far as NIGERIA is concerned, Cos if na so then its a fact yoruba leaders don steal the most money (Only OBJ has stolen more money than IBB and Abacha Combined),
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by ud4u: 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2010
Election time! Tour time
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2010

So what if he wins? have you ever asked, what if he wins and does a great job ?, are we gonna jettison him and bring an igbo man in spite of the great job ?, is Nigeria looking for a regional leader or a leader who is gonna take us out of this eldorado we find ourselves, you see that's the situation the north is finding itself in, its screaming ( some worthless elites ) blue murder over this zoning issue and still can't present a credible candidate, If the igbos can't put their house in order and bring out a credible candidate too, then they don't have a chance ruling, i would prefer a anyone regardless of his tribe who is gonna take Nigeria out of the woods than my brother who is gonna take us backwards.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2010
Did I just hear a Yoruba man say we do not have a credible leader?

Amaechi is my governor and he is doing wonders for Rivers State. And unlike Fashola, he is part of the ruling PDP.

Amaechi would make a wonderful Igbo president of Niger Deltan extraction.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by oludashmi(f): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2010
MaziUche0:

Did I just hear a Yoruba man say we do not have a credible leader?

Amaechi is my governor and he is doing wonders for Rivers State. And unlike Fashola, he is part of the ruling PDP.

Amaechi would make a wonderful Igbo president of Niger Deltan extraction.
You are definitely talking thru your anus, use your head next time.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2010
oludashmi:

You are definitely talking thru your anus, use your head next time.

Look through your dammmn tribal bias. Amaechi is doing wonders in Rivers State. Do not come to my territory with that nonsense.

Tell me what Fashola has done that Amaechi hasn't. I know you Yorubas are ignorant of the rest of the country. You all only know Yoruba leaders so shut up EWU.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by naso2(m): 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2010
ALMUSTAQIM:

Had UMYA done his two terms , would PDP have left GEJ out to go pick someone from SE as its candidate? answer this first.

Any way you look at it , GEJ getting the 2011 hastens the emergence of an Igbo president, but that definitely will not happen in 2015 , dont let IBB dribble an entire tribe ones again.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2010
Look through your dammmn tribal bias. Amaechi is doing wonders in Rivers State. Do not come to my territory with that nonsense.

Tell me what Fashola has done that Amaechi hasn't. I know you Yorubas are ignorant of the rest of the country. You all only know Yoruba leaders so shut up EWU.

hmmm Ameachi yes he is trying but seriously he should concentrate on his priorities, he came out education, promised building 250 schools but to be sincere most of those schools are just empty, most of them look abandoned apart from a few that have been completed and i don't understand the rational of building schools on play fields after that where would the kids play or have their inter houses games though i would commend him for emphasizing on that sector but more monitoring should be done not awarding the contracts for that to your friends to please them  , destroying UPTH was a wrong move rather it should have been rehabilitated and the novel hospital he wants to build sited somewhere else in the new greater phc master plan, that would have creeped in development in that area of the master plan, another silly thing was pulling down the obi-wali cultural center for a cinema, dumbest move i have ever seen, even him has noticed that his road contractors aren't living up to expectations with the slow pace and pot holes coming up after construction of the roads, his much talked about road rehabilitaion stuff, its just a hype, i would score him high in security and sanity of port harcourt, yes on that note he deserves kudos and only on that note only.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by amingafar(m): 1:23pm On Sep 20, 2010
MaziUche0:

most people in the north and middle belt dont know anything about amechi or riverstate, How many hausa or fulanis or gwaris nupes live in riverstate. Thats the problem none that I know of.
As for Lagos Everyone knows Lagos and has been their both christian muslim north and south. One of the things I commend fashola on is that their isnt religous wars in Lagos. I dont think Amechi can govern a state where half of the population is muslim.

Most of Nigeria doesnt know about govenors in the East or Niger delta. sorry
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2010
babasoty:

hmmm Ameachi yes he is trying but seriously he should concentrate on his priorities, he came out education, promised building 250 schools but to be sincere most of those schools are just empty, most of them look abandoned apart from a few that have been completed and i don't understand the rational of building schools on play fields after that where would the kids play or have their inter houses games though i would commend him for emphasizing on that sector but more monitoring should be done not awarding the contracts for that to your friends to please them  , destroying UPTH was a wrong move rather it should have been rehabilitated and the novel hospital he wants to build sited somewhere else in the new greater phc master plan, that would have creeped in development in that area of the master plan, another silly thing was pulling down the obi-wali cultural center for a cinema, dumbest move i have ever seen, even him has noticed that his road contractors aren't living up to expectations with the slow pace and pot holes coming up after construction of the roads, his much talked about road rehabilitaion stuff, its just a hype, i would score him high in security and sanity of port harcourt, yes on that note he deserves kudos and only on that note only.

You act as if Amaechi is not trying to do these things. It is disingenuous of you to say such things, not knowing the complexity of Port Harcourt. In addition, among all the politicians in Nigeria, I have seen dramatic changes in Port Harcourt that cannot be denied. I know Fashola has not kept some of his promises, but you do not see people harassing him as much as they Amaechi. Amaechi is a good governor. Everyone knows Nigerian contractors use cheap material and are not very efficient. That is why Amaechi said he is going to use foreign contractors who are more expensive, but they get the job done. It is funny that you blame the pot holes on him though, because you act like he is responsible for that mess. Roads are bad in Lagos, does Fashola get blamed. Go to Abia and see the mess that state is in and people are just flocking to Rivers State.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by amingafar(m): 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2010
Ezeuche mr brother we dont hear about rivers state govenors work. I think igbos should do more to accept non igbos in the East like more mosques appointment of northerners and westerners in their government.

If we are one Nigeria then ndigbo should do more so more northerners can migrate to the East.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2010
amingafar,

Who are you fooling? We already know that you are not a northerner. You are simply a Yoruba who is trying to portray himself as a Northerner. Probably a regular poster, so you are not fooling anyone. So do us a favor and sign into your regular name.

Northerners are not as ignorant of the country as the Yoruba. There are plenty of Northerners in the East. Especially in Port Harcourt, Aba and Onitsha. And they understand who is control in the East. Why would they not know since oil is found in the region.

I see more Hausa in Port Harcourt when I was growing up instead of Yorubas.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by MaziUche0(m): 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2010
amingafar:

Ezeuche mr brother we dont hear about rivers state govenors work. I think igbos should do more to accept non igbos in the East like more mosques appointment of northerners and westerners in their government.

If we are one Nigeria then ndigbo should do more so more northerners can migrate to the East.

You are a fool and you are not any northerner. Like I said previously, I see more Hausa in the East than Yorubas. That speaks volumes.

In Aba, the Hausa community has been in that area for generations. They intermarry and speak Igbo as good as any Igbo man. T.A. Orji also built a mosque for these Muslims as well in Umuahia. So do not speak about something you do not know. . .

Like I said, a TRUE northerner would not say this, only an ignorant Yoruba who does not leave his region would say such nonsense. You probably have never been to the North either. grin
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by amingafar(m): 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2010
MaziUche0:

amingafar,

Who are you fooling? We already know that you are not a northerner. You are simply a Yoruba who is trying to portray himself as a Northerner. Probably a regular poster, so you are not fooling anyone. So do us a favor and sign into your regular name.

Northerners are not as ignorant of the country as the Yoruba. There are plenty of Northerners in the East. Especially in Port Harcourt, Aba and Onitsha. And they understand who is control in the East. Why would they not know since oil is found in the region.

I see more Hausa in Port Harcourt when I was growing up instead of Yorubas.

Ive said im igala from Kogi raised in bida. I will just ignore the rest of your argument. If there are northerners in the East then why isnt a northerner appointed to many position in the east. What about mosque and hajj?
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by amingafar(m): 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2010
If hausas intermarry with igbo frequently as you said, then the hausas or fulani should vote for amechi but the problem is that has never crossed the mind of hausas or fulanis.

truth be told If hausas and igbo interact so frequently then why havent the fulanis- hausas voted for an igbo president, the thought doesnt even cross most peoples mind.

and I told you im from Kogi but prartically raised in Bida.

IM NOT HAUSA
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2010
wow. . .i never knew there is strong inter-marriage relationship between hausa and ibo !!!
where did eze get that from ?
MaziUche0:

You are a fool and you are not any northerner. Like I said previously, I see more Hausa in the East than Yorubas. That speaks volumes.

In Aba, the Hausa community has been in that area for generations. They intermarry and speak Igbo as good as any Igbo man. T.A. Orji also built a mosque for these Muslims as well in Umuahia. So do not speak about something you do not know. . .

Like I said, a TRUE northerner would not say this, only an ignorant Yoruba who does not leave his region would say such nonsense. You probably have never been to the North either. grin
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by amingafar(m): 1:48pm On Sep 20, 2010
Igbos should vote for IBB

But as a muslim and a proper muslim I will not vote for an igbo unless he is muslim.

Why would I vote for an christian when i am muslim. How many christian govenors have you seen in Niger state? and 40% of niger state is christisn and we still have sharia.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
You act as if Amaechi is not trying to do these things. It is disingenuous of you to say such things, not knowing the complexity of Port Harcourt. In addition, among all the politicians in Nigeria, I have seen dramatic changes in Port Harcourt that cannot be denied. I know Fashola has not kept some of his promises, but you do not see people harassing him as much as they Amaechi. Amaechi is a good governor. Everyone knows Nigerian contractors use cheap material and are not very efficient. That is why Amaechi said he is going to use foreign contractors who are more expensive, but they get the job done. It is funny that you blame the pot holes on him though, because you act like he is responsible for that mess. Roads are bad in Lagos, does Fashola get blamed. Go to Abia and see the mess that state is in and people are just flocking to Rivers State.

My brother i think you should re-read my post again, i never said Ameachi shouldn't be commended for his efforts, i'm a real rivers man, the name soty should tell you that, i supported and fought for in my own way for the validation of Amaechi's stolen mandate, I was amongst those who shouted and booed OBJ when he said Ameachi's candidacy has K-leg at the staduim, I attended his court cases twice with my own money, i was never sponsored on that trip, I am a member of his "I believe" family in my local gov't so i should sing his praises more than you, but should my loyalty blind my eyes to what's on ground, if you give out a contract for the construction of roads definitely you have a monitoring team to monitor these folks, the populace won't blame the contractor if the road goes bad, the government would be held liable for giving out taxpayers monies to ill-equipped and incompetent contractors, He should be blamed for the pot-holes cus he gave the contract out, if he doesn't monitor these contractors are the populace supposed to do that, are they the ones who gave the jobs out to shoddy contractors and what's the complexity of executing a project, i don't see how complex that is, My bros governance is about responsibility, its about accountability, so i don't understand why i shouldn't blame him.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2010

But as a muslim and a proper muslim I will not vote for an igbo unless he is muslim.

Why would I vote for an christian when i am muslim. How many christian govenors have you seen in Niger state? and 40% of niger state is christisn and we still have sharia

ANOTHER SENSELESS TIRADE
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Echidime(m): 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2010
Why didn't IBB visit Ojukwu all these years he was out of power? why Now? he is very silly,whatever he say or does with Ojukwu is between both of them, as for us Jonathan is already in ASO ROCK VILLA Nothing will stop it.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by Npoto: 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2010
Like I once heard,politics is the madness of many for the benefit of the few.Am not surprised at those fighting themselves over Jonathan, IBB, Atiku et al because this is their game, you are the pawns and they play you around for their fun and joy.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by seanet02: 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2010
It takes two to tango, IBB and Ojukwu are satanic colleagues so leave them alone
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by jason12345: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2010
amingafar:

Why would I vote for an christian when i am muslim. How many christian govenors have you seen in Niger state? and 40% of niger state is christisn and we still have sharia.

am itsekiri, but i consider myself as yoruba. Y would u not vote for a christian? does that even make sense? so, muslims are meant to be the ruling elite?. well, as for ojukwu, i can't say anything cause he knows what he is doing, i mean ibb did not visit him all this years but before an election he does?? . the REAL igbos know what to do ( with all due respect).
seanet02:

It takes two to tango, IBB and Ojukwu are satanic colleagues so leave them alone

lol. but i want a credible igbo president at least in once within the next 10 yrs ( not ojukwu). moreover, y cant the igbos produce a candidate since according to pdp's rotation it is the south's turn? . the reason for this question is if there is no igbo president in the next election. there wouldnt be any until 2019 not 2015.

p.s: nairaland is not nigeria!!!!!
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by jason12345: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2010
and am sure the north would want the presidency 2019.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by sizzlers(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2010
why should igbos vote for IBB
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by T9ksy(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2010
Posted by: sizzlers
why should igbos vote for IBB
'cause he promised them the presidency after spending just one term, in 2015.
That's, if one can believe anything that comes out of that mothaxxxxxxs' mouth.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by supereagle(m): 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2010
IBB shud stop wasting his time and money looking for votes in SW. Ibo are solidly behind JEGA. Go to the news stands and hear what they are saying abt JEGA. 10millions of IBB cant defeat JEGA in 2011 election.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by metalGo0g: 10:13pm On Sep 20, 2010
supereagle:

IBB shud stop wasting his time and money looking for votes in SW. Ibo are solidly behind JEGA. Go to the news stands and hear what they are saying abt JEGA. 10millions of IBB cant defeat JEGA in 2011 election.

Who are you to speak for Ndigbo?  . . . . Also before seeking the support of Ndigbo, learn how to spell the name.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by chyz(m): 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2010
metalGo0g:

Who are you to speak for Ndigbo? . . . .

Hate to admit it but it's truth as far as the average Igbo civilian is concerned.
Re: Ibb Visits Ojukwu In Enugu by metalGo0g: 12:21am On Sep 21, 2010
chyz:

Hate to admit it but[b] it's truth as far as the average Igbo civilian is concerned.[/b]

I didnt get you. . . . What is the truth?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Now Richest In Africa(richer Than Chelsea's Abrahamovich) / Unity And Integration Of Nigeria / Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.