Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day (6127 Views)

North Leaders: tinubu, Ajimobi Isiaka,saraki And Buhari Are Fulani / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. / President Mounts Pressure On North’s Leaders, Emirs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by chyz(m): 6:20am On Sep 20, 2010
[size=18pt] Delta North leaders laud Uduaghan, fix Sept 29 as Igbo Day[/size]

Monday, 20 September 2010 00:00 From Hendrix Oliomogbe, Asaba News - National

LEADERS of the largely Igbo-speaking people of Delta State have commended Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan for his developmental strides and canvassed support for him to complete his projects and programmes.

Led by the Onyisi Ndi Igbo, Ezeudo (Sir) Peter Chukwu, with whom were other leaders, including Chief Agbagha Ogbuanu, President, Ohaneze Ndigbo; Chief Walter Onyema, Onowu Ndi Igbo; Chief Augustine Asimole, Onwa Ndi Igbo and Comrade Festus Ukeje, they pledged to reciprocate Uduaghan’s kind gesture of developing Delta North Senatorial District with a commitment to mobilise and work for his second term bid.

The Igbo leaders, who spoke on a visit to the Uduaghan 2011 Campaign Headquarters, Asaba yesterday told the Director General, Prof. Godini G. Darah, that they were mobilising for the governor because of his support for the Igbo in Delta South and Central senatorial districts when they faced some challenges.
Chukwu said that the Igbo were greatly touched by Uduaghan’s benevolence, and that they see the coming elections as an opportunity to reciprocate the good things he did for them.

He said: "Uduaghan intervened in the little problem the Igbo had in Delta Central and Delta South. On two, three occasions, he called us and tried to resolve our problem."
He emphasized that his people would use the September 29, 2010 celebration of Igbo Day at Warri Township Stadium to declare to the world that they are for Uduaghan.

Also, elder statesman, Senator Nosike Ikpo, and House of Assembly aspirant, Mr. Oho Uyemevi Louis (PDP, Iyede-Ameh, Ndokwa East), have said that the governor was doing well in governance and should therefore be given a second tenure to enable him to consolidate on his development programmes.
Besides, Ikpo said that allowing Uduaghan to govern for another term would be in consonance with the zoning principle of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which governs the state.

The second republic senator spoke on the governorship race in the state in an interview in Ibusa, Delta North.
He stated that he had already coordinated wide consultations with political leaders and groups in the senatorial district and disclosed that they had agreed that no governorship aspirant from the area would be encouraged.

Ikpo said that he had also consulted with leaders in the Central senatorial district (Urhoboland) on the need to respect the zoning arrangement and to support Uduaghan for another tenure, adding: “After his tenure, we in the North district will take our turn in 2015 and I know that he and his people will support us.”

Oho, who also canvassed support for President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s decision to contest the 2011 election on the PDP’s platform, enjoined politicians to “be God-fearing, so that we can lift our people and country from poverty, misery and shame.”

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23627:delta-north-leaders-laud-uduaghan-fix-sept-29-as-igbo-day&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by slap1(m): 8:16am On Sep 20, 2010
. . .The True Extent of Alaigbo.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by udezue(m): 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2010
The true extent
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by AndreUweh(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2010
I hope they use the Igbo day as a means to campaign for an Igbo governor in 2011.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Becomrich0: 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2010
You see, The problem we have in nigeria is the media, and the igbo media men are twisting the truth. But thank God for google earth satellite pictures the truth is coming out.

Look, the so call anioma is but anioma.  In the north of delta state. There are different group.

Igbanke ( who are also found in Edo state in Orhionwon Local Government)
Agbor people
owa people
Igala people
Igbo immigrate
Olukumi people (mix yoruba)

If you look at the satellite pictures you would see clearly that the igbos are immigrate. You can see that the names of the villages are named after South east towns where the origin settler comes from. It is like Agu fulani in Oyo state. 
It is just like those of us abroad, in future, we would claim some part of other people countries if history is not told correctly.  Most of the place the igbos are claiming is call Owa kingdom. Please do a check on this. 

Even if you look at the satellite picture very carefully, the igbo immigrate are minority in those areas. So there is No way, you can create a state in that place and now call it anioma state. It would never happen. The only possible state may be Owa state or Agbor state. Which this majority of the people have nothing to do with igbos.

This people bear names like Otumudon,Onwugha,Igbedigi, Ewodo , Ewuare,  Ozolue , Orhogbue, Efeizomor. Do those name sound igbo to you. 

look you Hon. Justice (Chief) S.A. Ehiwario (Rtd.) is the Okiroro of Owa kingdom, those his name sound igbo to you.
Chief Mrs. Mary Oshiegbu is the Oriowe of Owa kingdom ,
Mr. Paul Osemele  is   the  Igirigi Enweiwe of Owa kingdom.
Mr. Stanley Ehianuta is the  Odafe Arakeze of Owa kingdom.

Look at the satellite pictures, it is obvious the igbos just came to farm. And many like those of us living abroad decided to stay, i know nigerian who have lived in canada for 40 years.

That is the area kaduna Nzegwu claim he comes from, it is obvious to see, they immigrated from igboland that why thier villages bear name to tell where they come from. Onitsha.

Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by AndreUweh(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2010
Ibru, Ibori and Uduaghan are all non-Igbo. It is high time the Igbo with their 9 LGA's in Delta state produce a governor of the state.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Nwaka77: 10:25pm On Sep 20, 2010
Agh Becomrich! You have come again with your maps Can you not get your point across without maps huh? cheesy
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Becomrich0: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2010
Uduaghan is courting the wrong people. You see, I dont know how they igbo get all the appointment. But looking at the satellite pictures. This other groups are more than the igbo immigrate. Look , most people from asaba are not igbo.

But this other people are far more than the igbo immigrate in North delta state. I am looking at the satellite pictures what game are the igbos playing.

What nonsense 9 local govt have igbos. This is what I am saying, the people who names the local govt were igbos, they just gave them igbo names. Just like they want an Igbo name called Anioma. But the real majority of the area are Owa , agbor and Igbanke people. check the picture.

The igbos villages tell you, they are Onitsha people. So you have been appointing Onitsha people into position all the time.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by AndreUweh(m): 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2010
Nwaka77:

Agh Becomrich! You have come again with your maps Can you not get your point across without maps huh? cheesy
The guy is always filled with alcohol before he logs on to Nairaland.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by AndreUweh(m): 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2010
Long live Anioma people and the entire Igbo people.

Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Becomrich0: 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2010
How can you create a state call anioma, when majority of the people are not igbo. You can create Owa state or Agbor state, that is the only thing possible. It is not possible to create Anioma state because majority of the people are not Ibo.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by mensdept: 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2010
Becomrich0:

Uduaghan is courting the wrong people. You see, I dont know how they igbo get all the appointment. But looking at the satellite pictures. This other groups are more than the igbo immigrate. Look , most people from asaba are not igbo.

But this other people are far more than the igbo immigrate in North delta state. I am looking at the satellite pictures what game are the igbos playing.

What nonsense 9 local govt have igbos. This is what I am saying, the people who names the local govt were igbos, they just gave them igbo names. Just like they want an Igbo name called Anioma. But the real majority of the area are Owa , agbor and Igbanke people. check the picture.

The igbos villages tell you, they are Onitsha people. So you have been appointing Onitsha people into position all the time.

Wetin catch u grin

Who's looking at "SATELLITE" with you

Every time, "satellite", "satellite". Na[b]WOW[/b]

Shebi you reach 20 years at least?
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by mensdept: 11:05pm On Sep 20, 2010
chyz:

[size=18pt] Delta North leaders laud Uduaghan, fix Sept 29 as Igbo Day[/size]

Monday, 20 September 2010 00:00 From Hendrix Oliomogbe, Asaba News - National

Ikpo said that he had also consulted with leaders in the Central senatorial district (Urhoboland) on the need to respect the zoning arrangement and to support Uduaghan for another tenure, adding: “After his tenure, we in the North district will take our turn in 2015 and I know that he and his people will support us.”

Oho, who also canvassed support for President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s decision to contest the 2011 election on the PDP’s platform, enjoined politicians to “be God-fearing, so that we can lift our people and country from poverty, misery and shame.”

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23627:delta-north-leaders-laud-uduaghan-fix-sept-29-as-igbo-day&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

BTW, why are they talking like cowards again? "After his tenure, we go take am in 2015, and they go support us sheh"

Wakeup contractors,
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by AndreUweh(m): 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
Why wait till 2015 to climb into Asaba state house. Why not this 2011.
2015, if at all Delta Igbo will still be in Delta State.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by udezue(m): 11:47pm On Sep 20, 2010
Becomerich please go see a shrink.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by AndreUweh(m): 12:02am On Sep 21, 2010
udezue:

Becomerich please go see a shrink.
Thank you.
Anything Igbo scares the hell out of his life.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Becomrich0: 2:55am On Sep 21, 2010
Why would anyone scare me. You see, if you go to bida or Nupe towns and you go and speak Yoruba, they nupe in Niger state would reply you in yoruba. Are the Nupe people Yoruba people. No.  It is the same story with this people of the north delta state area.

Look before a Nupe man would understand hausa, he first learns his Yoruba. Look I have been to niger state several times. Go there and ask them if they do not understand Yoruba, they would reply you in Yoruba.

That why most people assume IBB was Yoruba, because of his name Badamosi babaginda. Does that name not look Yoruba too you.   even a Yoruba man can bear the name badamosi babaginda.  but are the Nupe people Yoruba, NO. they are not, they are Nupe people. Are Agbor or owa  people Igbos. NO.

Look if they destroy the  niger bridge and igbo people can not cross again. Go there in 100 years, they would not understand Igbo. If they destroy the Jebba bridge in Kwara , the Nupe people would not understand Yoruba. The reason why the people of this area understand igbo is because they need understand Igbo to trade with igbo traveller who use the road , same thing for the nupe people. They need Yoruba to do business. If I am correct more than 50% of the nupe people speak Yoruba. Go to bida or mokwa. most of them have never cross the river before.   So do we now claim Nupe people are Yorubas too. NO.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by chyz(m): 3:02am On Sep 21, 2010
Becomrich0:

Why would anyone scare me. You see, if you go to bida or Nupe towns and you go and speak Yoruba, they nupe in Niger state would reply you in yoruba. Are the Nupe people Yoruba people. No.  It is the same story with this people of the north delta state area.

Look before a Nupe man would understand hausa, he first learns his Yoruba. Look I have been to niger state several times. Go there and ask them if they do not understand Yoruba, they would reply you in Yoruba.

That why most people assume IBB was Yoruba, because of his name Badamosi babaginda. Does that name not look Yoruba too you.   even a Yoruba man can bear the name badamosi babaginda.  but are the Nupe people Yoruba, NO. they are not, they are Nupe people. Are Agbor or owa  people Igbos. NO.

Look if they destroy the  niger bridge and igbo people can not cross again. Go there in 100 years, they would not understand Igbo. If they destroy the Jebba bridge in Kwara , the Nupe people would not understand Yoruba. The reason why the people of this area understand igbo is because they need Igbo to trader with igbo travel who use the road , same thing for the nupe people. They need Yoruba to do business. If I am correct more than 50% of the nupe people speak Yoruba. Go to bida or mokwa. most of them have never cross the river before.   So do we now claim Nupe people are Yorubas too. NO.

I guess you can say the same about the ekitis. ijebus, and ilajes if that is the case.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Kobojunkie: 3:09am On Sep 21, 2010
Ibo day? What the crud?? ROFLMAO!
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by chyz(m): 3:12am On Sep 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Not ibo day but Igbo Day. it would be crud if it were called "ibo day" tho. ROFLMAO!
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by GAR3TH(m): 3:21am On Sep 21, 2010
I dont get it? Igbo day? for what? why do nigerians always love to go off-topic. what about electricity, water, infrastructure. but no0o, we're creating holidays for tribes. really!?!

and why will someone want to create another state? like that will solve anything.

politics SMH
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Becomrich0: 3:24am On Sep 21, 2010
Now look at North delta, I am telling you all this because my friend father was the secretary of ika people in lagos state for many years before he past on. I know his children name.

now you have seen the Igbo portion of North delta state above in the picture, Now look at the one for the Igbanke , agbor and owa people.  Can you see they are far more than the igbo. Even agbor is as big as asaba, but asaba you have to note, have 50% population of Uhrobo, ijaw, itsekiri etc.  So , owa people are more than igbo people.

igbo refuges of the biafra civil war were camp in some of this places.

Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Becomrich0: 3:25am On Sep 21, 2010
see

Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Becomrich0: 3:26am On Sep 21, 2010
see

Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by chyz(m): 3:29am On Sep 21, 2010
GAR3TH:

I dont get it? Igbo day? for what? why do nigerians always love to go off-topic. what about electricity, water, infrastructure. but no0o, we're creating holidays for tribes. really!?!

and why will someone want to create another state? like that will solve anything.

politics SMH

If you don't like it then do something about it. grin
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Becomrich0: 3:31am On Sep 21, 2010
Igbedigi, Ewodo , Ewuare,  Ozolue , Orhogbue, Efeizomor are names of the former kings of some of this areas. They are not igbo name. It is just igbo people playing smart on them.

So how can a thin places alway pick up the senatorial seat, minister seat and other, and the big Owa , agbor and Igbanke people are given nothing.

Please judge the pictures for yourself.

Look if Igbo sell anything in the market for you, and the price is $10. we all know that igbo man would tell you, it is $900. Am i telling a lie. It is the same thing with satellite pictures with igboland. No igboman would be shock. Igbo normally believe they are smarter than anyone and can out smart anyone. so igbos would not be shock by the satellite pictures.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by GAR3TH(m): 3:39am On Sep 21, 2010
chyz:

If you don't like it then do something about it. grin

I will, I'll make my own holiday, A better holiday on that same day. lol  grin free money day wink
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by chyz(m): 3:41am On Sep 21, 2010
GAR3TH:

I will, I'll make my own holiday, A better holiday on that same day. lol  grin free money day wink

I like the ambition.
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 21, 2010
I prefer "Biafran Day" or "Nigerian civil war day". I thought Biafra wasnt just about the Igbos? Abi, why the Igbo day?

And I want my Ekiti Day too.

Kobojunkie:

KoboJ, bawo ni nau?
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by chyz(m): 3:51am On Sep 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I prefer "Biafran Day" or "Nigerian civil war day". I thought Biafra wasnt just about the Igbos? Abi, why the Igbo day?

KoboJ, bawo ni nau?

Hey na God make'am Igbo Day grin

Now im starting to see why other yorubas envy y'all, none of your people love themsellves more than the ekitis grin
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 21, 2010
chyz:

Hey na God make'am Igbo Day grin

Now im starting to see why other yorubas envy y'all, none of your people love themsellves more than the ekitis grin

What's there not to love about ourselves? WE. ARE. TOO. MUCH lol
Re: Delta North Leaders Laud Uduaghan, Fix Sept 29 As Igbo Day by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Sep 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

KoboJ, bawo ni nau?

I dey oo . .  trying to get back into routine here after my trip. Don't even think it is over, I must make my Nigerian millions in 2011!!!

No be only Ekiti Dey, add Ileke day put  . . .  !!!

ROFLMAO!!!

Maybe we should have Pidgeon English day ooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pdp Never Zoned Presidency -jonathan / EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants / See Photo Of "Sick" Muhammadu Buhari Walking On The Streets Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.