Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better (16396 Views)

My Experience at The Infinix S4 Hangout In Abuja / My Experience and Unboxing of The Infinix S4 / Which One Should I Go For Infinix Note 5 Or Redmi Note 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:14am On May 02, 2019
Oem18:

Dude don't talk about what you don't know . The note 5 is an extremely powerful device , it comes with stock Android.

Leave them neophytes alone. They just don't know what they are saying.

I initially didn't want to comment, but after seeing too many ignorant comments I just had to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Oem18(m): 9:18am On May 02, 2019
Nigg3369:

Infinix note 5 battery is 4000mah same as s4 and you seem to not have read my comment s4 is 6gb ram higher processor and higher mega pixels and and a higher screen resolution and it has the current Android version 9.0 while note 5 uses 8.0 even the body of the phone is better
Wrong about the os. it uses Stock Android so it's upgradable to Android pie . And more ram means more power burn and less battery use . So unless the s4 uses AI power saver then it's crazy to have 6gb of ram on a phone ,I mean what are you using it for . Not even apple would do something like that without something like AI controlling the power usage . To the op go for whatever uses AI power control or has at least 4500 mAh with 4gb ram . There is no app not even fortnite that requires even 4gb from a mobile device talk less of 6gb. If you are thinking about gaming check out a device with a powerful CPU and GPU
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by dreamangel: 9:21am On May 02, 2019
So sorry about your difficult experience. Thank God for sparing your life.
Xiaomi note 7 3/32 or 4/64 or nokia x6 4/64 is good indeed. For the Xiaomi @ifedith or Macbeyland can get it to you. For Jumia @ Bamac is helpful.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:22am On May 02, 2019
Oem18:

Wrong about the os. it uses Stock Android so it's upgradable to Android pie . And more ram means more power burn and less battery use . So unless the s4 uses AI power saver then it's crazy to have 6gb of ram on a phone ,I mean what are you using it for . Not even apple would do something like that without something like AI controlling the power usage . To the op go for whatever uses AI power control or has at least 4500 mAh with 4gb ram . There is no app not even fortnite that requires even 4gb from a mobile device talk less of 6gb. If you are thinking about gaming check out a device with a powerful CPU and GPU

May you live long!
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by rossovu: 9:28am On May 02, 2019
Savage29:
Was robbed on Tuesday, so I need an android phone... I'm sceptical about buying an infinix S4 or note5. Please house which is better?
Bros just buy Nokia...its far better.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by sapientia(m): 9:37am On May 02, 2019
Who is better between Buhari and Atiku?

2 wrong choices abi?

There goes your answer.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:37am On May 02, 2019
Oem18:

But it has AI power saver, and note 5 is 4000mah
And note beats it in screen resolution I agree
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:49am On May 02, 2019
Savage29:
my budget is 55k... was robbed(iPhone cool on Tuesday...just needed a phone that I will be using for my business

I pre-ordered the S4 and got mine two weeks ago. It's an awesome phone. N49,500 can get you the base version which comes with 32GB Ram and 3GB Rom. The version I got came with 64GB Ram and 6GB Rom and I got it for N64,500. I also got an Infinix school bag and a reading lamp as complimentary gifts.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by MrDoGood(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2019
princeade86:
[s]and if it spoil, where will he get it part[/s]?

start thinking outta the box and update to the 21st century,
Cheers grin
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Ifedith(m): 10:02am On May 02, 2019
dreamangel:
So sorry about your difficult experience. Thank God for sparing your life.
Xiaomi note 7 3/32 or 4/64 or nokia x6 4/64 is good indeed. For the Xiaomi @ifedith or Macbeyland can get it to you. For Jumia @ Bamac is helpful.

All the best.
Thanks for the recommendation
.. who needs device or expert recommendation,
070three108zero287
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by WHITELIGHTER: 10:05am On May 02, 2019
nazicartel:
how much are these phones?

Within your budget.... 70-80k
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by kennygabe(m): 10:18am On May 02, 2019
ImageDoctor:
Go for S4 and thank me later.......From own personal analysis even Note 4 is more better than Note 5....the current Note 5 is more like regular Infinix hot.....go and find out, the current products of Infinix notes from 5 up lack note specification and features , it's not bold Like notes we use to know, couple with their 1,2g ram wahala.....

Get your facts right there is no 2gb note 5 and it have all the features of the note series except it operates on Android one
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Telvin7(m): 11:01am On May 02, 2019
Go for Nokia x5 ...very fast ,helio p60 ..or
Redmi note 7 ,the beast at the cheapest price.......
Infinix or tecno is trash now........phone feels like tame.....empty ....
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 11:01am On May 02, 2019
Savage29:
Was robbed on Tuesday, so I need an android phone... I'm sceptical about buying an infinix S4 or note5. Please house which is better?

To me S4 is better. But Xiaomi redmi note 7 will give you the best experience compare to the two. Have been using Xiaomi products for two years now and the experience have been wonderful so far. Infact, I can never use infinix and Tecno again in my life.

4 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by ACE1010: 11:03am On May 02, 2019
koolvin12:

Get Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and thank me later

Guy I need your help. Where can I find it to buy? Jumia price is outrageous shocked shocked shocked
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 11:03am On May 02, 2019
Telvin7:
Go for Nokia x5 ...very fast ,helio p60 ..or
Redmi note 7 ,the beast at the cheapest price.......
Infinix or tecno is trash now........phone feels like tame.....empty ....

You are right bro. I feel empty whenever I hold those infinix and techno phones.

For those worrying about how to get the part of Xiaomi....Lagos is there for you o.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by ACE1010: 11:05am On May 02, 2019
Bayur01:

To me S4 is better. But Xiaomi redmi note 7 will give you the best experience compare to the two. Have been using Xiaomi products for two years now and the experience have been wonderful so far. Infact, I can never use infinix and Tecno again in my life.

Guy I need your help... Where can I find it to buy. Jumia price is outrageous shocked shocked
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by optimist93(m): 11:05am On May 02, 2019
Note 4 is here for sale, if u are interested bro
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by ACE1010: 11:07am On May 02, 2019
Bayur01:

You are right bro. I feel empty whenever I hold those infinix and techno phones.

For those worrying about how to get the part of Xiaomi....Lagos is there for you o.

Please tell me where to buy Xiaomi Redmi note 7. I need it. Thanks
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by ACE1010: 11:09am On May 02, 2019
eleojo23:
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 for 58k on Jumia
Please send me the link to. I can't find it on jumia site again
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Wilson4real(m): 11:22am On May 02, 2019
Am enjoying my Note4 >: grin
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by nairaland0753: 11:42am On May 02, 2019
I don't know about S4 but let me tell u about my experience using the new Note 5 with 4,500mah battery.

There's INFINIX NOTE 5 and there is also INFINIX NOTE 5 STYLUS though no much difference.

Mine was Infinix note 5, 3gb/32gb

I got it on the 4th of March 2019 and a week later, these were the things i observed using the phone:-
Note:- Get ready to read an epistle cos no matter how i try breaking it down for u to understand, i would not want to leave out any part of my experienc.

1) The phone went off on its own. I got really worried cos i had saved to get a better phone. I got the phone for 60k.

2) i noticed my 1gb data finished in the space of 15minutes the second day of using the phone without doing anything on d phone. I wanted taking a picture then i received a text. I opened to check and surprisingly it was a msg from airtel saying i have insufficient browsing balance. i got really angry but kept my cool till after a week when the phone suddenly went off. the day i got the phone, i was advised to get a 4g sim card, airtel to b precised cos 4g is what is recommended to work better with the phone. You can switch to 3g or 2g though but u will regret ever buying the phone cos ur network will b as slow as a snail or even slower.

Back to the phone going off by itself:-
So i prepared myself, the next day. I didn't even go to work which was more important cos of how worried i was. I first went to airtel office to lay a complain. the manager saw how angry i was and as God would have it, he uses the same phone INFINIX NOTE 5. So he smiled and said he knows what the issue is. He told me how my subscription got exhausted in d space of 15minutes or even less. According to him, the phone RUNS AN UPGRADE" using 1.1gb or there about (my own data) on its own and that i needed to b very patient in d next 3months, subscribe more than the usual 1.8gb or i could take it to infinix office for them to stop the upgrade or set the phone in such a way that i could stop the upgrade myself and that the fault wasn't from airtel. So i got to infinix office, i felt really bad. Then i got to know that the INFINX NOTE 5 was been test runned (I don't know what that means). So what they did was to upgrade it using their wifi (lol). As for the phone going completely off without coming on, it was worked on but bfore then i noticed like 4-6 people ranting at infinix office. They complained bitterly of how the phone goes off on Its own and that they needed a swap. No one listened to us. They fixed our phones instead. Just imagine, mine was just a week old.

3) The phone lacks a lot of features. I mean alot. It's a pure Android phone. I would even say, it's another version of an iPhone. Really very selfish asin u download everything and it rarely accept stuffs like apps or pictures from other phones. When u check for an app on playstore ur friend has, u might not find it. It would rather give u something entirely different. You might like it cos it's internet based. Your pictures, music player everything uses the internet which of course has its own advantages and disadvantages but for me, it was an issue cos i had to download everything from gallery, to music, sound recorder, call recorder, and alot more.

4) What i njoyed using the phone is its camera and battery (4,500mah) Wow......... These are superb. I give hands to infinix for these. My battery could stay without charging for 3 days straight asin 3 days no matter what i do on it (very impressive)
As for the front camera of 16mp, wow..... It's excellent.

5) the "base" that comes with d phone's earpiece is another good one and u would njoy listening to music with it. In essence, the sound quality is good (might not b good to some people but i loved it)

6) important documents are saved in cloud.

7) I could go on and on but i will stop here cos i need to get back to work. Sadly, after 3 weeks of using the phone it went off again and this time i had to go for a swap for an easier phone (without headaches) cos i just couldn't deal with the issues it had/has.
At infinix office, they refused doing a swap for me all they continued doing was to fix the fault. Uhmmm. I went to d market myself to get an "INFINIX HOT 7 PRO"(cheaper though but I'm okay with it) and sinz i got it, i have been njoying it. It comes with the features i wanted.

That been said, the choice is left for you to make afterall, one man's foid is another man's poison and what didn't work for me might work for you......
Have a nice day
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by nairaland0753: 11:54am On May 02, 2019
Nigg3369:

Infinix note 5 battery is 4000mah same as s4 and you seem to not have read my comment s4 is 6gb ram higher processor and higher mega pixels and and a higher screen resolution and it has the current Android version 9.0 while note 5 uses 8.0 even the body of the phone is better

Point of correction:- INFINIX NOTE 5 is 4,500mah while INFINIX NOTE 5 STYLUS (the one with the pen) is 4,000mah . I used INIFINIX NOTE 5 and the battery is very impressive.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 02, 2019
nairaland0753:
I don't know about S4 but let me tell u about my experience using the new Note 5 with 4,500mah battery.

There's INFINIX NOTE 5 and there is also INFINIX NOTE 5 STYLUS though no much difference.

Mine was Infinix note 5

I got it on the 4th of March 2019 and a week later, these were the things i observed using the phone:-
Note:- Get ready to read an epistle cos no matter how i try breaking it down for u to understand, i would not want to leave out any part of my experienc.

1) The phone went off on its own. I got really worried cos i had saved to get a better phone. I got the phone for 60k.

2) i noticed my 1gb data finished in the space of 15minutes the second day of using the phone without doing anything on d phone. I wanted taking a picture then i received a text. I opened to check and surprisingly it was a msg from airtel saying i have insufficient browsing balance. i got really angry but kept my cool till after a week when the phone suddenly went off. the day i got the phone, i was advised to get a 4g sim card, airtel to b precised cos 4g is what is recommended to work better with the phone. You can switch to 3g or 2g though but u will regret ever buying the phone cos ur network will b as slow as a snail or even slower.

So i prepared myself, the next day. I didn't even go to work which was more important cos of how worried i was. I first went to airtel office to lay a complain. the manager saw how angry i was and as God would have it, he uses the same phone INFINIX NOTE 5. So he smiled and said he knows what the issue is. He told me how my subscription got exhausted in d space of 15minutes or even less. According to him, the phone RUNS AN UPGRADE" using 1.1gb or there about (my own data) on its own and that i needed to b very patient in d next 3months, subscribe more than the usual 1.8gb or i could take it to infinix office for them to stop the upgrade or set the phone in such a way that i could stop the upgrade myself and that the fault wasn't from airtel. So i got to infinix office, i felt really bad. Then i got to know that the INFINX NOTE 5 was been test runned (I don't know what that means). So what they did was to upgrade it using their wifi (lol). As for the phone going completely off without coming on, it was worked on but bfore then i noticed like 4-6 people ranting at infinix office. They complained bitterly of how the phone goes off on Its own and that they needed a swap. No one listened to us. They fixed our phones instead. Just imagine, mine was just a week old.

3) The phone lacks a lot of features. I mean alot. It's a pure Android phone. I would even say, it's another version of an iPhone. Really very selfish asin u download everything and it rarely accept stuffs like apps or pictures from other phones. When u check for an app on playstore ur friend has, u might not find it. It would rather give u something entirely different. You might like it cos it's internet based. Your pictures, music player everything uses the internet which of course has its own advantages and disadvantages but for me, it was an issue cos i had to download everything from gallery, to music, sound recorder, call recorder, and alot more.

4) What i njoyed using the phone is its camera and battery (4,500mah) Wow......... These are superb. I give hands to infinix for these. My battery could stay without charging for 3 days straight asin 3 days no matter what i do on it (very impressive)

5) the "base" that comes with d phone's earpiece is another good one and u would njoy listening to music with it. In essence, the sound quality is good (might not b good to some people but i loved it)

7) I could go on and on but i will stop here cos i need to get back to work. Sadly, after 3 weeks of using the phone it went off again and this time i had to go for a swap for an easier phone (without headaches) cos i just couldn't deal with the issues it had/has.
At infinix office, they refused doing a swap for me all they continued doing was to fix the fault. Uhmmm. I went to d market myself to get an "INFINIX HOT 7 PRO"(cheaper though but I'm okay with it) and sinz i got it, i have been njoying it. It comes with the features i wanted.

That been said, the choice is left for you to make afterall, one man's foid is another man's poison and what didn't work for me might work for you......
Have a nice day

Sorry you bought a faulty device.
Bought 2 infinix note 5 for my siblings and they've been happy with it for more than 4 months now no issue.
For me the most important aspect I like about the phone is the battery life. That phone can go without charge plus intensive use for at least 2 days.
I'm thinking of getting the infinix note 6 whenever it comes out as a backup for my galaxy note 9.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 02, 2019
Bayur01:

So you'll tell someone staying in Adamawa to travel to Lagos because he/she want to repair his/her phone?

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by nairaland0753: 12:29pm On May 02, 2019
Ekinematics:

Sorry you bought a faulty device.
Bought 2 infinix note 5 for my siblings and they've been happy with it for more than 4 months now no issue.
For me the most important aspect I like about the phone is the battery life. That phone can go without charge plus intensive use for at least 2 days.
I'm thinking of getting the infinix note 6 whenever it comes out as a backup for my galaxy note 9.

Eya..... I seee
So the 6 people i met at infinix office also bought a faulty device? Issorite but like i said, what didn't work for me might be the best for you. We all have preferences.
Thank you
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Ejanla07: 1:03pm On May 02, 2019
Censorme:
won't mind if you can get yourself Camon 11 pro... The phone is a blast

camon 11 pro is 71k
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 02, 2019
nairaland0753:

Eya..... I seee
So the 6 people i met at infinix office also bought a faulty device? Issorite but like i said, what didn't work for me might be the best for you. We all have preferences.
Thank you

Well no device is 100% without faulty ones out of the factory.
The downside I can really tell about the note 5 is the crappy speaker. Someone mentioned the autobrightness getting too bright or too dark, which is true. Not forgetting the crappy earphones that comes with it.
Besides these the phone is very good for a midrange/low budget device.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by lordemi(m): 1:29pm On May 02, 2019
Savage29:

Don’t limit yourself to just infinix smartphones. There’s a variety of budget smartphones that you can buy right now. Don’t just look at the specs but also look at user reviews. The infinix Note 5 and infinix S4 are both good budget smartphones but you’re the one that has to decide which one is best suited for you. I did a research and wrote an article on my website about the top 10 best budget smartphones in Nigeria right now. I hope it helps you narrow down your choices.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better by unimagin: 1:56pm On May 02, 2019
nairaland0753:

Mine was Infinix note 5, 3gb/32gb

Have a nice day

It's either factory fault or village people fault. No be the same Note5 I hold for hand here? I repeat, my Note5 have no complain at all. It may not be a Galaxy Note or iPhone but for the price it's an excellent phone.
@op since most people here have recommended Xiaomi Redmi Note7 though I don't know the phone but I advise u consider buying it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solution To Nokia S40 3rd Edition Error Using Opera mini to Browse / How To Resume All Download Failed Files On UC Browser. / The Various Kind Of People You Will Find On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.