Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . (41165 Views)

Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff / Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament / You Have Equal Rights In Katsina– Gov. Masari Tells Katsina Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by Austineva(m): 11:58am On May 02, 2019
Fairqueen:
Please someone should help me oo, I'm confused in this forum, I don't no how to reply peoples comment and how to view peoples profile picture in fact I don't know how to do anything on this forum. The only thing I know how to do is to read, please someone should volunteer to teach nah
come to my house make I teach u
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by abbey621(m): 12:01pm On May 02, 2019
travelwaka:
We live in a hypocritical world where
A guy that visits prostitutes is the first to slam these women
We live in a world where politicians that patronises prostitutes are still the ones making laws to Ban it
Also law enforcement officers that are meant to preserve the laws are asking for sex in exchange for release.
Where someone dating a married man would slam another woman that marries a married man
Where a woman that sleeps around with many men or a man that's sleeps around with many women will still come and slam these women

In the end nobody holy pass. If you are without sin cast the first stone. Who am I to judge them? I don't know their story, I don't know how they got there , I don't have a job for them.

I am not promoting prostitution but sometimes we just need to remove our judge coat and see humanity that needs help. If you read Maslow's Hierarchy of needs you will understand that these business will always thrive.

Who am I to judge ? I am just a tourist , I have had the opportunity to visit 95 percent of tourist site in Lagos and also had rare opportunity to interact with some of these women , behind the name we call them some of them are good people better than those who we don't label prostitutes

Prostitution, running a brothel or clubs where illicit sex is practiced are technically illegal under the Nigerian Constitution and criminal codes. So anyone patronizing prostitutes can be arrested by the authorities. It's less about judgment and more about legality. We condemn armed robbers and kidnappers, we condemn ritualist and even someone that steals food just to feed his or her family yet we should be comfortable with a woman serving her body as a meal to the general populace? If the authorities simply did their jobs and enforced the law there would be no need for this discussion because just like buying drugs or humans.....Do so at your own peril, no one would judge you until you are caught.
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by victorazyvictor(m): 12:10pm On May 02, 2019
ariketalks:
What do you mean by "Equal rights"? Did anyone stop you from sitting at home on the public holiday?

Meaning you didn't get it.
1 May is Workers Day, they used it to showcase their overbearing pains and the government to recognize them as workers that their occupation is legit not felony against the nation and prostitution to be legalized not to be hunting them like criminals because they never forced or collected someone's cash in false pretense or wielding a dangerous weapon to force money out of your pocket.
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by travelwaka: 12:12pm On May 02, 2019
abbey621:

Prostitution, running a brothel or clubs where illicit sex is practiced are technically illegal under the Nigerian Constitution and criminal codes. So anyone patronizing prostitutes can be arrested by the authorities. It's less about judgment and more about legality. We condemn armed robbers and kidnappers, we condemn ritualist and even someone that steals food just to feed his or her family yet we should be comfortable with a woman serving her body as a meal to the general populace? If the authorities simply did their jobs and enforced the law there would be no need for this discussion because just like buying drugs or humans.....Do so at your own peril, no one would judge you until you are caught.

You are right, but I am more talking about the illegality of it , we all know. It's illegal, I am just trying to address a general run down in morality and high level of hypocrisy where everyone is doing it yet calling out scape goat that were caught in the act .

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by Badonasty(m): 12:24pm On May 02, 2019
[quote author=GidifeedNews post=78032863]In celebration of 2019 May Day, Lagos sex workers came represented as they marched at the Agege Stadium, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

Under the umbrella of Ohotu Diamond Women Initiative, the fearless sex workers marched for equal rights without any fear they could be arrested.

The group carried a big banner, with the inscription:
. “Sex workers need rights, not rescue.”

This is the way the Lagos sex workers have decided to take part in the 2019 Workers’ Day commemoration.

Sex workers in have been facing some major arrests and molestation in recent times and this move may come as a show of courage.

In a bid to reduce the number of sex workers, about 70 female night club goers arrested and allegedly molested in Abuja following a raid by officers of the Nigerian Police.

Source: http://www.ngg.ng/2019/05/02/lagos-sex-workers-demand-equal-rights-in-celebration-of-workers-day/
[/quot

they'll start demanding for minimum wage too
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by Touchforfree(m): 12:34pm On May 02, 2019
noblealuu:
This is a sleight on real workers to whom the May day is billed.

Shades of iberiberism...

Can't believe these are the sets of people that now celebrate "Workers' Day".

Where are those Government workers with their white tennis and banners at the stadium then ?.

The likes of "NURTW", "HAIRDRESSERS", "FASHION DESIGNERS"................. lastly "KWANA N GIDA" are those on parade these days.

We are moving truly.
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by OyinbowithaTan(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2019
Oldest profession in the world, should be legal.
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by nonhuman(m): 12:56pm On May 02, 2019
sex work is illigal in nigeria i wonder why the police is not arresting and prosecuting lazy idiots
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by IfeJokotola: 1:39pm On May 02, 2019

Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by kikelomojessy(f): 1:47pm On May 02, 2019
travelwaka:
We live in a world where politicians that patronises prostitutes are still the ones making laws to Ban it
Also law enforcement officers that are meant to preserve the laws are asking for sex in exchange for release.
Where someone dating a married man would slam another woman that marries a married man
Where a woman that sleeps around with many men or
a man that's sleeps around with many women will still come and slam these women

In the end nobody holy pass. If you are without sin cast the first stone. Who am I to judge them? I don't know their story, I don't know how they got there , I don't have a job for them.

I am not promoting prostitution but sometimes we just need to remove our judge coat and see humanity that needs help. If you read Maslow's Hierarchy of needs you will understand that these business will always thrive.

Who am I to judge ? I am just a tourist , I have had the opportunity to visit 95 percent of tourist site in Lagos and also had rare opportunity to interact with some of these women , behind the name we call them some of them are good people better than those who we don't label prostitutes

Great talk.
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by Ozkar: 1:49pm On May 02, 2019
We are hypocrites in this country sha.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by tj2018: 1:49pm On May 02, 2019
handsomeyinka:
How this make front page OP...A bi you self they go obalende?

How you take know say na for Obalande them the stay..Olosho Man

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by albaniy1: 1:56pm On May 02, 2019
ALL MY THOUGH WAS THAT I HAVE SEEN IT ALL ON TILL TODAY

NOW HOW CAN I UNSEE THIS

Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by gozie112(m): 2:40pm On May 02, 2019
handsomeyinka:
How this make front page OP...A bi you self they go obalende?

My man...so u self dey reach obalende road side?? grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by Mruwa1(m): 2:58pm On May 02, 2019
ariketalks:
What do you mean by "Equal rights"? Did anyone stop you from sitting at home on the public holiday?
God bless u ..mayb dey need 30k min wage
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by mechanics(m): 3:07pm On May 02, 2019
They should be arrested for talking.
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by handsomeyinka(m): 3:20pm On May 02, 2019
gozie112:

My man...so u self dey reach obalende road side?? grin
Lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by stanliwise(m): 3:37pm On May 02, 2019
travelwaka:
Where a woman that sleeps around with many men or a man that's sleeps around with many women will still come and slam these women

lame write up. promising at some point but failed altogether.
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by Duru009(m): 4:36pm On May 02, 2019
See boldness
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 02, 2019
oya make una check weda una girlfriend or wife dey among

Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by MrgudK(m): 7:35pm On May 02, 2019
3rdavefarms:
Honestly, I’ve seen it all grin

Let he who without sin cast the first stone

God please forgive us our sins
not yet brah there are still a whole lot you've not seen yet, Wat about kidnappers, armed rubbers, and yahoo plus, they will soon join the party demanding for their own rights too, so nwanne hang in there.
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by john650(m): 8:03pm On May 02, 2019
Make I see their face up close. I want sabi whether na mama Iyabo wey live for my street or Nkechi wey they form big girl.
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by kushme: 8:30pm On May 02, 2019
Daeylar:
Exactly, they need rights.
If the police really don't want prostitutes. face the men who pay for prostitutes.
If there is no business, No one will need to tell these ladies to stop. No demand, no supply
Stop harassing and assaulting women under the excuse of stopping prostitution.

But misogyny will not allow this country to function well.

You hate men, yet you want them(men) to make things happen for you and other hateful women like you... You report to a man in charge(a gender you hate) when you wanna fvck another man up.. How strong or empowered can you be without the help of the next man, "manipulative gash"..

Any thing una see or read, go begin shout misogyny... Them use am swear for you..
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by pushups44: 2:09pm On Jan 05, 2020
The problem is when the men who use the services of these women become politicians or preachers and denounce them. In the United States, it happens more often than one would think. I think consensual sex should be legal everywhere.
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by Johans1991: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
next is the armed robbers,they also need right
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by MetaPhysical: 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
quincyshakur:
Olosho Association of Nigeria (OAN) Afonja branch una well done cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin
Ohu Otu is Ibo women association.

Even if they no announce their ethnicity sef looking at their disfigured shape alone i already know these are SE women. grin grin
Re: Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . by BambiBliss(f): 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
Johans1991:
next is the armed robbers,they also need right
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

33-year-old Elebele Bridge In Ogbia Collapses In Bayelsa (Photos) / Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million / Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.