Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? (15827 Views)

Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent / Ruling On Using Toothpaste Whilst Fasting / Ramadan: Muslims In Nigeria To Commence Fasting Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by AbuTwins: 9:55am On May 02, 2019
Today is Yawm Al-Khamees [Thursday] 26 Sha'ban 1440 Hijriyyah. 26 - 08 -1440AH #CountingOfTheSultan = May 2 2019 obtained from AbuUbayy1

On Yawm Al-A'had [Sunday] 29 Sha'ban 1440 Hijriyyah= May 5 2019 Muslims search for the crescent of the moon which signals the beginning of the new month of Ramadan. About 2 billion Muslims all over the world abstain from eating, drinking and coitus from daybreak to sunset as a devotional ritual for a whole month of 29/30 days.

If the moon is sighted this Sunday night, then Ramadan Fasting starts on Monday.

But if the moon is not sighted this Sunday night, then Fasting starts on Tuesday as Monday will then be 30 Sha'ban 1440.

Ibn Umar reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not fast the month of Ramadan until you see the crescent moon, and do not break your fast until you see it. If the sky is cloudy for you, then estimate it.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “If the sky is cloudy for you, then complete the term as thirty days.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1807, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1080

Hadith on Ramadan: Every locale follows their own moon sighting

Kurayb repoted: I came to Syria and tended to my needs. The crescent of Ramadan appeared over me while I was in Syria and I saw it on Friday, then I came to Medina at the end of the month. Abdullah ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, asked me about it and I mentioned the crescent. Ibn Abbas said, “When did you see it?” I said, “We saw it on Friday night.” Ibn Abbas said, “You saw it?” I said, “Yes, people saw it and they fasted, as did Mu’awiyah.” Ibn Abbas said, “But we saw it on Saturday night, so we will continue fasting until we complete thirty days or we see it.” I said, “Is it not enough that Mu’awiyah saw it and he fasted?” Ibn Abbas said, “No, such was the command of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1087

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

Al-Tirmidhi said, “The people of knowledge act upon this tradition, that the people of every land have their own moon sighting.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 693

Hadith Source

As soon as you hear the news of the moon being sighted any where in your locality (Nigeria) then make a resolve to fast the next day! There is no "intention" to be recited aloud.

Also remember that there is no special number of prayer legislated for us after Taraawih.

We pray and fast as the Prophet did. Shun innovations! Embrace the way of the Prophet.

No one is to fix the start of Ramadan except what is proven from the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa salam) above.

May Allah accept it from us.

Quick Reads

1. Fasting is not accepted if one doesn’t pray
https://www.nairaland.com/5152810/fasting-not-accepted-one-doesnt

2. Striving Hard, Competing For Good Deeds In Ramadaan
https://www.nairaland.com/5152687/striving-hard-competing-good-deeds

3. Some Sunnahs of Fasting
https://www.nairaland.com/5153091/some-sunnahs-fasting

4. The Significance of Fasting
https://www.nairaland.com/5152930/significance-fasting

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53am On May 03, 2019
If you study the Talmud, you please God even more than you do by praying or fasting.
Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by mubby4real(m): 9:54am On May 03, 2019
Tahnk you
Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by kolafolabi(m): 9:55am On May 03, 2019
Allahumma inni laka sumtu wa bika aamantu wa alayka tawakkaltu wa ala rizq-ika-aftartu

O Allah! I fasted for You and I believe in You and I put my trust in You and I break my fast with Your sustenance..

May Almighty God accept it as an act of Ibadah

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by ttshems(m): 9:55am On May 03, 2019
Jumat Kareem

May the Almighty Make this Ramadan A blissful one n accept it as an act of Ibadah for Us All Ameen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Idrisk19(m): 9:55am On May 03, 2019
Ramadan Kareem To All Muslims Around The Globe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Softcash(m): 9:56am On May 03, 2019
Masha Allah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by geolabious(m): 10:05am On May 03, 2019
Ramadan Kareem To All My Muslim Brother.

I pray God will make this Ramadan period an avenue to have mercy upon us.

Please let's not forget our dear country whenever we praying. It can only be better.

Ramadan Kareem From Elijah

Mah Sallam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Lukgaf(m): 10:06am On May 03, 2019
Maa sha Allah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:06am On May 03, 2019
May Allah count us among those who will witness and observed this and many months of Ramadan in good faith, Aameen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Zeinymira(f): 10:07am On May 03, 2019
Alhamdulillah, Ramadan is here again.
May Allah be pleased with us and accept it has an act of ibadah

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Nyamuriflathead: 10:10am On May 03, 2019
I hope we all attain the purification of the soul upon commemorating or celebrating the Holy month of Ramadan. Wishing you a blessed and Happy Ramadan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Bustincole(m): 10:11am On May 03, 2019
Ramadan loading

1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Teeboi56: 10:15am On May 03, 2019
Ya Allah count us among those who we fasting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:16am On May 03, 2019
Hausa-Fulani/Sokoto Caliphate have not yet seen the Moon and we Yoruba Muslims can't do without them

9 Likes

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by rattlesnake(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2019
Without we seeing any change in heart and character....
Smh

3 Likes

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by OvaSabi1(f): 10:19am On May 03, 2019
geolabious:
Ramadan Kareem To All My Muslim Brother.

I pray God will make this Ramadan period an avenue to have mercy upon us.

Please let's not forget our dear country whenever we praying. It can only be better.

Ramadan Kareem From Elijah

Mah Sallam

You set your alarm to make front page. Just to insult. I sure say you never brush. You never baff too. See your life outside.
Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by handsomeyinka(m): 10:25am On May 03, 2019
For this buhari era?

All Nigerians Dey fast everyday cos the economy is very harsh bro.

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Nyamuriflathead: 10:33am On May 03, 2019
Kelemath:
Hausa-Fulani/Sokoto Caliphate have not yet seen the Moon and we Yoruba Muslims can't do without them

You're only drawing cause to kom from nothing. The sultan of sokoto is the spiritual leader of all Muslims in Nigeria just like the Ooni is the spiritual leader of all yoruba pagans. You can't carry out certain festivals without the oonis approval. Can you?

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by hadjipapiey(m): 10:43am On May 03, 2019
JazakumuLLAH khoyran

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Esji80(m): 10:44am On May 03, 2019
Ma sha Allah.
Jazakumullahu khaira to the OP and all other contributors here.
May Allah spare our lives to witness this Ramadan in good health.
May He also accept our acts of ibadat and grant us Aljannatul Firdaus ameeen
Help the poor and the needy in your various communities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Kokoebapluse(m): 10:46am On May 03, 2019
Kelemath:

Hater, you are not a Muslim so koshi, moon will appear everywhere not in only northern, and who told you that we can't do without them?.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:52am On May 03, 2019
Nyamuriflathead:

You're only drawing cause to kom from nothing. The sultan of sokoto is the spiritual leader of all Muslims in Nigeria just like the Ooni is the spiritual leader of all yoruba pagans. You can't carry out certain festivals without the oonis approval. Can you?
when did all Muslims/tribe agreed to make the sultan of sokoto the spiritual leaders of all Muslims in Nigeria? please speak for yourself alone.

The sultan of sokoto is the spiritual leader of all Hausa Fulani and maybe Yoruba's Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Heffe: 10:55am On May 03, 2019
BabaOwen:
when did all Muslims/tribe agreed to make the sultan of sokoto the spiritual leaders of all Muslims in Nigeria? please speak for yourself alone.

The sultan of sokoto is the spiritual leader of all Hausa Fulani and maybe Yoruba's Muslim.
Jon snow u know nothing!
Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56am On May 03, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

Hater, you are not a Muslim so koshi, moon will appear everywhere not in only northern, and who told you that we can't do without them?.

Can our fellow Yoruba Muslim sight the Moon and start the fasting without the Sokoto Caliphate?

You must be the greatest lair of our time, bro don't always use the Taqiyya, let's be serious. the are some time the Moon are hard to see so oder only comes from the Sokoto Caliphate

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: When Will Fasting Start In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:00am On May 03, 2019
Heffe:

Jon snow u know nothing!
alaye answer my question and stop all this rubbish talk.

Sultan of sokoto is the spiritual leader of all Hausa, Fulani and maybe Yoruba(I'm not sure) Muslims. That's where it end.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer For Cobweb Attack / Sex Dolls Or Our Women (An Islamic Perspective) -Hashimyussufamao. / What Does The Quran Say About Killing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.