Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album (46397 Views)

Busola Dakolo Celebrates Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti, Two Others On Women’s Day (Pix) / Fela, Falana And Dr Ransome-kuti In Court (Throwback Photo) / Funmilayo Ransome-kuti's 117th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by JeffSiberstein: 1:58pm On May 02, 2019
The Ransome-Kuti's have many first in Nigeria

Reverend Israel Oludotun Ransome-Kuti, the first president of the Nigeria Union of Teachers.

Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti, first woman to drive a car in Nigeria.

Wole Soyinka nephew of Funmilayo first African to win the Nobel Prize in Literature (1986).

Add more ....

5 Likes

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by HajiMT: 1:58pm On May 02, 2019
Thanks for this piece of history

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by LazyGold(m): 1:59pm On May 02, 2019
Herrymax:
Plz can someone transfer 2million to my account, i want to compare the sound of the alart to that of 1k

Tell your Herbalist that the charm did not work cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by shegra58: 1:59pm On May 02, 2019
Yoruba Amaka grin We always set the pace for others to follow

3 Likes

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by Godfullsam(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2019
Herrymax:
Plz can someone transfer 2million to my account, i want to compare the sound of the alart to that of 1k

What is your full name and bank name. Leme transfer 2million to ur akant ASAP.

I want to compare the sound of my debit alert to that of 1k.

4 Likes

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by Jaynom(m): 2:05pm On May 02, 2019
oboy81:

Lmao I love this Site grin
This is Comedy Gold!
I come here everyday to read comments. It's therapeutic! grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by Blackgoat(m): 2:07pm On May 02, 2019
Indi ofe nmanu-afonja �‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️
Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by bleepmate(m): 2:07pm On May 02, 2019
Spartanville:
Wish me well guys, it's my birthday

Happy birthday,
Grow in grace, more money in ur acct
More girls to your life but none should be like tonto

1 Like

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by Praktikals(m): 2:07pm On May 02, 2019
Herrymax:

Bank name, pls.

1 Like

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by owila4luv(m): 2:07pm On May 02, 2019
mikejj:
1925...so we'll all die one day...
grin
mikejj:
Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 02, 2019
I wish you well
Spartanville:
Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by sweetmusic12: 2:13pm On May 02, 2019
Praktikals:

Bank name, pls.

Stanbic

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by Starz825(m): 2:14pm On May 02, 2019
mikejj:
The thinking dey do me somehow too oo..so one day person go commot for this world..na wa ooo
Make person Sha dey love God and him neighbor na him better
Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by luluman: 2:14pm On May 02, 2019
The claimers of good things will say na their pikin now & say na dem develope the song.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by wink2015(m): 2:15pm On May 02, 2019
Mophasa:
Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti is the First Nigerian to ever release a record album.

He recorded Yoruba hymns in gramophone & released them in 1925 under Zonophone Records, known today as Warner Music Group.

His album is in the British Museum. He is the grandfather of afrobeat legend fela Anikulakpo Kuti.

https://www.viewsnaija.com/2019/05/meet-first-nigerian-to-ever-record.html?m=1

The Ransome Kuti family have a well packaged and documented history.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by mikejj(m): 2:16pm On May 02, 2019
omoadeleye:

Am in sifia pain ryt now because of that
grin baba wat pain now..live a righteous life that's all..its not easy sha

1 Like

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by Felix6: 2:18pm On May 02, 2019
[ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin]Plz can someone transfer 2million to my account, i want to compare the sound of the alart to that of 1k

0234594971[/quote]
Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by mikejj(m): 2:19pm On May 02, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

You will live forever
lol..just wondering ni ..is this how Nigerian will remain till we will die and leave it

1 Like

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by natznext(m): 2:20pm On May 02, 2019
There's something about this Family, Wole Soyinka sef na their pikin

2 Likes

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by mikejj(m): 2:22pm On May 02, 2019
Starz825:

The thinking dey do me somehow too oo..so one day person go commot for this world..na wa ooo
Make person Sha dey love God and him neighbor na him better
las llas make hustle end for heaven

1 Like

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by lawani: 2:23pm On May 02, 2019
The singing minister
Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by DonGtoG1(m): 2:24pm On May 02, 2019
mikejj:

It's "INEVITABLE".
Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by CioAngels(f): 2:25pm On May 02, 2019
Spartanville:
Happy beautiful birthday. May all your days on earth be filled with good health, happiness, joy and progress. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by Udoskybest: 2:31pm On May 02, 2019
Spartanville:
HBD bro, bring ur cake to the forum and share
Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by Mizwisdom(f): 2:34pm On May 02, 2019
haaryobhami:
the kuti family have always been great

Reincarnation things
Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 02, 2019
Great family

1 Like

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by mikejj(m): 2:37pm On May 02, 2019
MrBONE2:

May Great One enabled us to complete our Life Cycle grin

Re: Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album by mikejj(m): 2:38pm On May 02, 2019
Orpe7:

Before
Till then, we look death in the face and say, NOT TODAY!
abi ooo... May we die in good old age

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

M.I Abaga Shades P-square / Mr Macaroni Gifts 500K To Family Of Jumoke Oyeleke Killed At Yoruba Nation Rally / Photos Of Olamide With Beautiful Hot Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.