Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion (26046 Views)

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / The 2 Immutable Laws Of Being A First Class Student / Total Scholarship Application 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by topacs: 12:26pm On May 04, 2019
Please can i get a sample or format of a good motivational letter or statement of purpose from you...I pm'd u thanks.

vickertony:
@whyteteeth

If you want to get a scholarship easily for 2.2 grade,
Your best bet is University scholarship.

Focus on usa, write GRE & Toefl, get Good scores, Get good recommendation letters from your lecturers,try & write a perfect motivational letter or statement of purpose both are same thing.

In all, I wish you the very best of luck & have a nice life mate, Gracia!
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by writeprof(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2019
OkoyeA1:
Lol... I had a 2.1 + IELTS + very young age.

So?
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by darkelf: 7:19pm On May 04, 2019
DeejaywonDJ1:
Brother, I'll advice you to visit Quora. You are already familiar with Nigeria attitudes/behaviours, they're first class and millionaire online but non degree holder/pass categorised or extremely poor offline. They mentally derange, unintelligent, dull and expert at discouraging, insulting, fake, negative set of people. Just visit Quora, that place is full of highly intellectual gurus they'll find soluble solutions to your problems without insults and abuses. Especially those India guys, though they're not that good with English but they're problem solvers, but Nigerians will be busy picking out your grammatical blunders and mistakes by insulting, criticizing & abusing you without any meaningful contribution here. And some Finnish guys there are IT gurus.

God bless you for your comment.

There's just something wrong with the psychology of the average Nigerian. I don't know if their brains have been required by poverty and suffering.

They can neither give simple advice or keep shut (if they have none). They will insult and abuse you to make you feel stupid.

People defend them by saying it's a social forum and thus is not immune to such childish behaviours but why do people on quota not behave the same way?

Its sickening really

2 Likes

Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by vickertony(m): 10:02pm On May 04, 2019
KubwaBoy:
can I pm you for more info?
Sure.
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by whyteteeth: 10:03pm On May 04, 2019
vickertony:

Sure.

I did pm you bro. Can u respond?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by vickertony(m): 10:06pm On May 04, 2019
topacs:
Please can i get a sample or format of a good motivational letter or statement of purpose from you...I pm'd u thanks.

I don't have a sample but you Can use the search bar & search on travel section, for example type "Statement of purpose sample" you will find something helpful I think.
Add me on whatsapp with the number on my signature.

1 Like

Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by vickertony(m): 10:09pm On May 04, 2019
whyteteeth:

I did pm you bro. Can u respond?
Add me on whatsapp with the number on my signature.
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by Nobody: 3:17am On May 05, 2019
dantajay:
Guy don't mind this people apply for scholarship in Russia, Russian government is giving Africans especially Nigerians scholarship. I am processing mine. no agent no fee. Though I have 2.1 but they accept 2.2 also. Don't b discourage.

Please can you give me more information?
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by pinkygurl(f): 4:50pm On May 15, 2019
stanliwise:
Have you ever applied for a masters program?
I am a masters student .how is that abig deal ?

1 Like

Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by BrokenBarbie: 6:03pm On May 15, 2019
dantajay:

You r so funny. It never occurred to you that their are some certain factors that militates or stand as a barrier to study. It depend on the school u went to anyway. But if it was to be a very competitive school you will see challenges. From lecturers, to economic factors, to even family problems and health issues. Don't just judge people any how. I was suppose to finish as the over all best in my school, I had health issues that lingard for over a year and I made 2.1. So don't judge ppl you don't kW what happened. And can never be in their shoes. Cos it only a barren woman that can tell the story of childlessness.

With your 2.1. you're still writing "lingard" wink

1 Like

Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by stanliwise(m): 6:51pm On May 15, 2019
pinkygurl:

I am a masters student .how is that abig deal ?
hmmm I smell rats, so your CGPA wasn't a requirement abi?
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by TheManofTomorrow(m): 7:08pm On May 15, 2019
czarina:
Oh, tell that to the gods. When you were being "unserious" with your first degree because you "hated" it, you should have considered that someday, maybe someday, you'll find it useful.

You didn't and now you want the bar lowered for your sake? Who are you?
Are you not the same lady who blamed a UTME scholar this morning about how his score is a waste of time and efforts.
How schooling is a waste of time blah, blah, blah.
But here you are on this thread spitting venom on a guy who made 2.2 and gave his reasons.
Now I have course to believe you re utterly confused or just looking for cheap likes on Nairaland

Now to the Op, I think they have chosen that method to narrow the applications and highten the criterias

2 Likes

Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by czarina(f): 7:13pm On May 15, 2019
TheManofTomorrow:

Are you not the same lady who blamed a UTME scholar this morning about how his score is a waste of time and efforts.
How schooling is a waste of time blah, blah, blah.
But here you are on this thread spitting venom on a guy who made 2.2 and gave his reasons.
Now I have course to believe you re utterly confused or just looking for cheap likes on Nairaland

Now to the Op, I think they have chosen that method to narrow the applications and highten the criterias. Everybody cant am win scholarsips
Just walk away from my mention till you regain your comprehension abilities.

Good evening

1 Like

Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by TheManofTomorrow(m): 7:15pm On May 15, 2019
czarina:
Just walk away from my mention till you regain your comprehension abilities.

Good evening

Get the Bleep out of my mention too.
Attention seeker

1 Like

Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by pinkygurl(f): 9:04pm On May 15, 2019
stanliwise:
hmmm I smell rats, so your CGPA wasn't a requirement abi?
Oga what are we even discussing here?remind mi again of the topic of discussion
But in case u nid to know.all graduates with honours are eligible for masters .except pass that can't go for service.& a good cgpa or a bad cgpa is compulsory for admission.the issue here is not admission for masters but the issue of free masters /scholarships for 2'2 graduates .especially in the international scene. Its more realistic for the op to be talking of self sponsorship for masters instead of talking of scholarships for his 2nd class lower.when we all know scholarships are very very competitive .Even some 2'1 & 1st class graduates despite their good standing are travelling out for masters on self sponsorship abroad as they can't all get scholarships talkless of second class lower that has bleak chances as there are no scholarship schemes celebrating mediocrity
Free masters ni!free masters ko! untop 2'2 that even some employers of labour don't want to grant any jobs to
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by ChevKing(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2019
You must have read about the name either on the internet or whenever you search for the word 'scholarship', or if you use your email service regularly like gmail, yahoomail etc, there is this pop up of UNICAF UNIVERSITY and you are wondering what is it all about? Probably you have been saying this is another scam from some bad African guys in UK or US, trying to take your hard earned money!
Relax! I will give you an up to date info on what it is and how it works and I will also let you know how I got the scholarship for my MBA which I'm currently running, started last year with other colleagues. The programme fee is 12,000 pounds at University of South Wales, but offered at less than 4000 pounds by UNICAF. Briefly this is what UNICAF is;
UNICAF is a registered organisation in UK, US, Cyprus, some countries in Africa and also in Nigeria, the parent company is in Cyprus
It's aim is to bring quality world class education to poor region through SCHOLARSHIPS.
It is first a school and also has a platform for learning
It operates according to global standard for online education.
It is in Africa as an on campus in Zambia and Malawi
It has a standard VLE for learning i.e Virtual Learning Environment, which simulates the class room process
Its operates online for students from any parts of the world and their programmes are self paced.
UNICAF partners with some Universites to recruit students on their behalf and also deliver the learning to the student while the partner schools determine the quality (QAQC) which is set by the schools, the programmes are online and payment is very flexible
Unicaf Univerities in Malawi and Zambia programmes are both online and oncampus.
UNICAF has partnered with these Universities in the past;
Marymount California University USA
University of Nicosia, Cyprus
University of SouthWales, Uk
All the above schools offered their programmes online on UNICAF, through UNICAF's VLE Virtual Learning Environment(VLE)
Depending on ones speed programme can last a year or more since its self paced(Learn at your speed).
Currently, the scholarship for the above listed schools has closed with ONLY University of South Wales, UK Still on AND UNICAF Universities in Zambia and malawi. Please note that USW offer the follwing
MBA – Master of Business Administration
MA – Master in Education (Innovation in Learning and Teaching)
MSc – Psychology
MSc – Public Health
LLM (Master of Laws)
BA (HONS) – Business Studies (Top-up degree)
The author of this post is currently enrolled in MBA programme with Univeristy of South Wales(USW), UK and started last year and would be ready to answer any question from enrollment to how grading is done and also final project. Proof of studentship will be shown in camera if required and may be confirmed from UNICAF and USW UK.
Thank You.
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by stanliwise(m): 7:33am On May 16, 2019
pinkygurl:

Oga what are we even discussing here?remind mi again of the topic of discussion
But in case u nid to know.all graduates with honours are eligible for masters .except pass that can't go for service.& a good cgpa or a bad cgpa is compulsory for admission.the issue here is not admission for masters but the issue of free masters /scholarships for 2'2 graduates .especially in the international scene. Its more realistic for the op to be talking of self sponsorship for masters instead of talking of scholarships for his 2nd class lower.when we all know scholarships are very very competitive .Even some 2'1 & 1st class graduates despite their good standing are travelling out for masters on self sponsorship abroad as they can't all get scholarships talkless of second class lower that has bleak chances as there are no scholarship schemes celebrating mediocrity
Free masters ni!free masters ko! untop 2'2 that even some employers of labour don't want to grant any jobs to
I yaff hear you ma.
I like your blunt response but reality says the beauty of the future belongs to those who believe in it. if there is any chance that this 2.2 guys will get a scholarship then it is by giving it a try. which is what he is doing, although you have reason why he may not be considered yet it isn't a a final say on his situation, haven't your heard "too late to make it but not too late to try!"
Anyway Cheers.
if I can ask What course area do you specialize.
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by pinkygurl(f): 9:19am On May 16, 2019
stanliwise:
I yaff hear you ma.
I like your blunt response but reality says the beauty of the future belongs to those who believe in it. if there is any chance that this 2.2 guys will get a scholarship then it is by giving it a try. which is what he is doing, although you have reason why he may not be considered yet it isn't a a final say on his situation, haven't your heard "too late to make it but not too late to try!"
Anyway Cheers.
if I can ask What course area do you specialize.

All agreed .he can still try his luck.goodluck to the op yo. I specialize in elect/comp engineering btw.k bye!
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by stanliwise(m): 2:18pm On May 16, 2019
pinkygurl:

All agreed .he can still try his luck.goodluck to the op yo. I specialize in elect/comp engineering btw.k bye!
Engineering babe, I dey fear una o. Now I see where those guts came from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by johnsnows: 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2019
pls who has materials for nddc scholarship email : Tofet.femi@gmail.com...if u v a 2.2 it is not the end of the world...look for your passion and when u find it work on them 100hrs a week or more, you will definitely come out tops. I had a 2.1 but the course I studied isn't my passion, never be accept defeat
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by jackpot(f): 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
vickertony:
@whyteteeth

Focus on usa, write GRE & Toefl, get Good scores, Get good recommendation letters from your lecturers,try & write a perfect motivational letter or statement of purpose both are same thing.

Find schools for your particular course,Apply to top schools, average schools, above average atleast 4 schools, mix it,I will advice you tho to apply to average & above average schools.

Write to the schools graduate program, tell them your Qualifications, Write to your department graduate program coordinator, ask them about funding & scholarships, demand strictly for funding.

Apply to research universities, Funding, Assistantships are easy to get within such schools, look for the USA student thread follow it, you will learn a lot, look for the GRE thread on Education section, follow it as well, you will learn a lot.

I'm 2.2 graduate as well, I'm preparing for my MSc in usa too, hopefully , fall 2020!

COVID-19 is saying "HI" ��
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by STILESGANG: 9:49am On Sep 29, 2022
vickertony:
@whyteteeth

Find schools for your particular course,Apply to top schools, average schools, above average atleast 4 schools, mix it,I will advice you tho to apply to average & above average schools.

Write to the schools graduate program, tell them your Qualifications, Write to your department graduate program coordinator, ask them about funding & scholarships, demand strictly for funding.

Apply to research universities, Funding, Assistantships are easy to get within such schools, look for the USA student thread follow it, you will learn a lot, look for the GRE thread on Education section, follow it as well, you will learn a lot.

I'm 2.2 graduate as well, I'm preparing for my MSc in usa too, hopefully , fall 2020!

Wow! You Got a full scholarship to the usa with a 2.2?i would love you to mentor me on some things sir,if you dont mind.
Kindly awaiting your reply.
Re: Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion by Biola67: 5:39pm On Jul 22, 2023
Ok. So how much your 2.1 Dey give you for this BALUBA era grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ugoji Chinenyenwa Pamela: Best Graduating Student UNN's Pharmacy Department / ASUU Calls Off Strike Today! / IPPIS: ASUU Mobilises Members For Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.