Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered (37224 Views)

8 Cars Recovered As EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) / Four Yahoo Boys Arrested By EFCC In Abuja, Phones, Laptops And 2 Cars Recovered / Yahoo Boy Arrested By EFCC In Ekiti – See Cars Recovered From Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by EzegeNG: 10:56pm On May 02, 2019
The South-east Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 arrested 37 suspected internet fraudsters in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

The arrest followed a raid on some targetedresidences in Okwu Urata, Aladinma and Egbu areas. The Commission’s actionfollowed intelligence report which pointed that the suspects were living lavish lifestyles without any known means of livelihood, alleging further that they specialize in defrauding unsuspecting victims, through the internet.

In the course of executing the search warrants, items which included laptop computers, 25 five exotic cars, which include several brands of Mercedez-Benz, Lexus,Toyota and expensive mobile phones, were recovered.

Speaking on the development, the ZonalHead, Usman Imam, who said the exercise was in line with the Commission’s mandate decried the high rate of cybercrime in the zone which he blamed on the erosion and breakdown  of  country’s values.

“It is true that no society has been able to totally eradicate crime, but we are ready at least to reduce it to the barest minimum and it appears that this cybercrime is one of the challenges of our time, which the EFCC is willing to face drastically,” Imam said.

Questioning the lifestyle of the suspects, Iman said; “What is the business of a university student, a new graduate or youth corper looking for money to buy a car of N10 million? Obviously, this is rushing life and a collapse of our positive value system where people rarely want to start from a humble beginning,” Imamadded.

Usman lamented that if nothing was done, the country’s leadership could be jeopardized as many youths involved in cybercrimes are expected to take up leadership positions in the future.

The suspects who volunteered their statements under caution will be charged to court as soon investigations into the matter are concluded.

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/efcc-nabs-37-suspected-yahoo-boys-in-owerri-photos-video-2/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by EzegeNG: 10:57pm On May 02, 2019
Watch The Video HERE

4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by kachi19: 11:31pm On May 02, 2019
they're always so easily identifiable and it's really annoying. grin
anyways #BringBackOurYahooBoiz

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by oteneaaron(m): 2:14am On May 03, 2019
These are really wise words. . .read it again carefully.

EzegeNG:

Speaking on the development, the ZonalHead, Usman Imam, who said the exercise was in line with the Commission’s mandate decried the high rate of cybercrime in the zone which he blamed on the erosion and breakdown  of  country’s values.

“It is true that no society has been able to totally eradicate crime, but we are ready at least to reduce it to the barest minimum and it appears that this cybercrime is one of the challenges of our time, which the EFCC is willing to face drastically,” Imam said.

Questioning the lifestyle of the suspects, Iman said; “What is the business of a university student, a new graduate or youth corper looking for money to buy a car of N10 million? Obviously, this is rushing life and a collapse of our positive value system where people rarely want to start from a humble beginning,” Imamadded.

Usman lamented that if nothing was done, the country’s leadership could be jeopardized as many youths involved in cybercrimes are expected to take up leadership positions in the future.

I wonder the kind of country we'll leave for our children .

A country where 60% of the mothers have their nudes on social media. . .

A country where 50% of the men are affiliated to a secret cult?

A country where divorce is a norm and children are left without homes?

A country where our children become internet fraudsters. . .because "that is daddies legacy"?

We as youths really need to have a rethink and plan for the future we want for the children we'll have.

History is a wicked mistress, she doesn't forget.

Else, the generation of the future will not forgive us. . .

We should be scared because the coming generation have zero chill. . .

They WILL do to us what we never had the balls to do to these men who sold our future since we were babies. . .

Stay woke ----

We overestimate what we can accomplish in One year, and underestimate what we can accomplish in Ten years.

129 Likes 18 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by chan9ja: 2:49am On May 03, 2019
Na wah
Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by CyberEBOLA(m): 3:04am On May 03, 2019
This is really bad. 37 in a single area! NIGERIA IS FINISHED

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by Nobody: 4:08am On May 03, 2019
One phone call and my niggis I'll be free as air..

2 of my guys were caught in pH city and 2.5 mil did the job..

In Jeezy voice....ain't nothing stopping this money,guess that's all am saying..

47 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by markidoo(m): 4:53am On May 03, 2019
Shuu!!! this one na Car stand be that??

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by Hoodbilonia: 5:32am On May 03, 2019
Daz y i ha8 big cars
Im a mature man
I cant hit 5m and use 3.8m to buy benz
I invest bro
Or i no spend am at all
Im waitin till dey nabb my guys wey dey insult me.
Im not in a hurry,in the next 2yrs i go stop G
Fly out,buy house for yankee
No coming back

Fake niggis,touch niggis,benz niggis,trams/cocaine niggis
You see a maye/client could be any complexion
Black
Caucasian
Like in the air
Eye to eye
Lights out
Sars culdnt save him
Homos had to give him mouth to mouth

I miss fabolous raps
Bleep

103 Likes 13 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by EzegeNG: 8:45am On May 03, 2019
cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by LowerPriceData0(m): 12:20pm On May 03, 2019
Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by hisexcellency34: 12:21pm On May 03, 2019
Thief arresting fraudsters

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by Imoh555(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2019
Instead of to invest wisely them dey buy cars and iphones brainless scammers

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by sauceEEP(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2019
Benz everywhere, i thought they switched to Lexus es350... undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by Chinashopping84: 12:22pm On May 03, 2019
ok good one.Hope they are not innocent
Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by Chukwurah003: 12:22pm On May 03, 2019
Atiku supporters following their role-model

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by myresearch: 12:22pm On May 03, 2019
grin
Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by Praisesongz: 12:23pm On May 03, 2019
I wonder how 37 niggas go Dey the same area Dey do this thing Dey flash sef

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by Peacemaker5129(f): 12:23pm On May 03, 2019
Criminals amaka

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by genabc(m): 12:23pm On May 03, 2019
Questioning the lifestyle of the suspects, Iman said; “What is the business of a university student, a new graduate or youth corper looking for money to buy a car of N10 million? Obviously, this is rushing life and a collapse of our positive value system where people rarely want to start from a humble beginning,” Imamadded.

Well said sir

21 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by Tripitaka: 12:24pm On May 03, 2019
Good job EFCC!!!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by beajjay(m): 12:24pm On May 03, 2019
Must you drive Benz? sad angry

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by godwinkessi: 12:25pm On May 03, 2019
my beautiful Owerri

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by Panick003: 12:25pm On May 03, 2019
all these one's are ritualists abeg.
After them Don pound person do black soap for ritualistic purposes they will blow finish come dey claim yahoo boy undecided

My guy if dey use black soap bath all because of this hustle, you are nothing more than a ritualist.
Cause I'm very sure you are aware of all the human parts that went into preparing all that disgusting stuff you use.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by TroubleMaker47(m): 12:25pm On May 03, 2019
Good job!
Tryin to imagine the pains these thieves have caused hard working ppl!

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered by Panick003: 12:25pm On May 03, 2019
Nnj

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Kidnap Juwairiyya, Murtala Musa Kore's Daughter / Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos / Stray Bullets Kill UNILAG Final Year Student And Staff In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.