Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,589 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep (23241 Views)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:16am On May 04, 2019
Logobenz:
holy shit!!
I always go out to race every Saturday morning.
So I picked the Benz and headed for obirikwere road only for a 2013 sienna to teach me a lesson I will never forget.
And a damn girl was behind the wheel.powered up to 160kph,for where?this girl just dey give me gap angry
We do sotay reach that police checkpoint,she looked at me and smiled undecided
Fine soft girl sha with kids at the back laughing ffs angry
I later reached airport junction,turned and raced back violently to town cool.
Succeeded to hit 170kph or so.
Baba,me like speed.
Can't wait to do 300kph in a Merc sedan.

Nah ordinary 160 woman do you Shege cheesy

6 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by 9icetoo(m): 10:17am On May 04, 2019
nurey:

Majority of roads in Nigeria are tarred with rough surface which aren't drift friendly not to talk of the roads not wide or secured enough to accept drifting. Your C230k or the ES350 were not made out of the factory for that neither did you mod them to.

can you actually drift in a corner with your Benz probably yes with speed but the road to do that in isn't available at your disposal.

I have told you several times when you smoke that shit just hit the sack instead of coming online and feeding us with superstory.

You can fool some of the people some of the time
You can fool some of the people all the time
But you can't fool all the people all the time.

Signed and stamped

chief commander RuffRyders
NUREY

Haven't seen him drift though but he sure loves to speed. Seen him a few times and wifey complained about his speeding antics grin

So he may be saying the truth. Will catch him one day though.
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by nurey(m): 10:18am On May 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Did lagos abuja, at night, saw only 1 customs check Point near okene-abuja rd.

But lagos to S.E benin and head bridge always on alert.

do they collect egunje from tokunbo vehicles even if the docs are genuine?
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by mejai(m): 10:23am On May 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Did lagos abuja, at night, saw only 1 customs check Point near okene-abuja rd.

But lagos to S.E benin and head bridge always on alert.
those 2 check points at benin by customs dey vex me
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by 9icetoo(m): 10:31am On May 04, 2019
nurey:

Yes. Always. Unless you are a regular courier. Them fit park you just for parking sake and by the time they are done wasting your time, you'd wish you paid the 4k asked and moved on.

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by seanfer(m): 10:32am On May 04, 2019
Logobenz:
holy shit!!
So I picked the Benz and headed for obirikwere road only for a 2013 sienna to teach me a lesson I will never forget.
And a damn girl was behind the wheel.powered up to 160kph,for where?this girl just dey give me gap angry
Baba,me like speed.

That is the best road to race in the whole Phaga and Obio-Akpor.. But Bros take it easy on that Obirikwerre road oooo... ... Because some Useless drivers always take one way especially when you're close to OPM church.... I nearly ran into one last week Saturday and i was on 100KPH 2004 Sienna... Thank God for little space on the right side that saved me....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by aninweze(m): 10:39am On May 04, 2019
nurey:

Is the Pope white?

3 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by nurey(m): 10:49am On May 04, 2019
aninweze:

Is the Pope white?
sometimes yes, when he powders his face tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by aninweze(m): 10:52am On May 04, 2019
nurey:

sometimes yes, when he powders his face tongue
Hahaha

They have prices for genuine paper, semi-genuine paper & no paper at all. grin.

3 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by nurey(m): 10:58am On May 04, 2019
aninweze:

Hahaha

okay thanks for the info, people like me when never go east no know anything.
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by thebigkendo(m): 11:24am On May 04, 2019
aninweze:

Hahaha

grin grin grin if you know you know

2 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:26am On May 04, 2019
nurey:

better to pay your office on duty (1k) and move on.

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:32pm On May 04, 2019
nurey:

I spent 15k on the road. Would have been a lot more if I didn't travel at night.
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by nurey(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I spent 15k on the road. Would have been a lot more if I didn't travel at night.

You were powering 306hp and you still dey press brake, next time be overzealous, stubborn, reckless like logobenz our in-house role model tongue

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 04, 2019
This is great... Think of ordering mine before month end.

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by seanfer(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2019
nurey:

You were powering 306hp and you still dey press brake, next time be overzealous, stubborn, reckless like logobenz our in-house role model tongue

The customs on SS/SE road is not like Lag/Ibd customs ooo.... All they will do is call the next team ahead of you and before you get there they will cause traffic before you know it those team you left behind is knocking on your window.... They will now charge you for making them waste fuel.. Those guys are more corrupt than our Politicians .

2 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by nurey(m): 1:26pm On May 04, 2019
seanfer:

The customs on SS/SE road is not like Lag/Ibd customs ooo.... All they will do is call the next team ahead of you and before you get there they will cause traffic before you know it those team you left behind is knocking on your window.... They will now charge you for making them waste fuel.. Those guys are more corrupt than our Politicians .

Story, when 306hp zoom pass the only guess from custom officer is "the wind for this night is much" they no dey see say car don pass. wink

6 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by banky3w(m): 1:26pm On May 04, 2019
9icetoo:

Yes. Always. Unless you are a regular courier. Them fit park you just for parking sake and by the time they are done wasting your time, you'd wish you paid the 4k asked and moved on.
1k is the official price oh though I never drive any unregistered during this next level sha......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by banky3w(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

ES engine costs 400k.
IS250 costs 100k or so.
IS350 costs 1.5m
03-06 G35 costs 180k.
07-08 G35 costs 350k.

The steering wheel and door trims are peeling off. It's a known issue with the cars. I'll respray them myself.

161k miles on the Odo. Very well maintained.
I'm in love with that Guage cluster kiss. Congrats on your new ride Bro.

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by seanfer(m): 2:05pm On May 04, 2019
nurey:

Story, when 306hp zoom pass the only guess from custom officer is "the wind for this night is much" they no dey see say car don pass. wink

Bros that can Only happen in the night.... During day time 306hp can't escape all the customs check points from Lagos to Benin...

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by nurey(m): 2:09pm On May 04, 2019
seanfer:

Bros that can Only happen in the night.... During day time 306hp can't escape all the customs check points from Lagos to Benin...

Sure, he travelled all through midnight and paid 15k, but my reply was just a joke though.

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by dannybrasky(m): 2:44pm On May 04, 2019
grin Lagos to Abuja b4 ibilo u go jam army check point with heavy road block and road bumps with barrels loaded with sand. While u are at that trying to manoeuvre from the bumps,and sand loaded barrel. You will have to stop and relate with the soldiers. 5 meters custom don already bring out their necks like ostrich cocck guns they await u grin if you still do agidi to try escape 20 meters from customs where one curve dey b4 u go jam another army checkpoint in case u choose to do James bond grin

If u are lucky and there is no soldier at this check point,100 meters from the last soldier u will see some hunger looking police men who would have been informed by the soldiers and customs say u don out run them grin

If they eventually get hold of u just make sure say your pocket full or you get better contact grin grin grin

Meaning in a span of 150 meters u have 2 army checkpoints,customs and our police is your friend grin

nurey:

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by nurey(m): 3:07pm On May 04, 2019
dannybrasky:
grin Lagos to Abuja b4 ibilo u go jam army check point with heavy road block and road bumps with barrels loaded with sand. While u are at that trying to manoeuvre from the bumps,and sand loaded barrel. You will have to stop and relate with the soldiers. 5 meters custom don already bring out their necks like ostrich cocck guns they await u grin if you still do agidi to try escape 20 meters from customs where one curve dey b4 u go jam another army checkpoint in case u choose to do James bond grin

If u are lucky and there is no soldier at this check point,100 meters from the last soldier u will see some hunger looking police men who would have been informed by the soldiers and customs say u don out run them grin

If they eventually get hold of u just make sure say your pocket full or you get better contact grin grin grin

Meaning in a span of 150 meters u have 2 army checkpoints,customs and our police is your friend grin

Forget all that talk bro, I go power slide, then enter corner through the side, I will then downshift to gear 2 @ 180km/h and Wala I have been force majeure through all the road blocks grin I learn from the best

5 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by banky3w(m): 3:18pm On May 04, 2019
nurey:

Forget all that talk bro, I go power slide, then enter corner through the side, I will then downshift to gear 2 @ 180km/h and Wala I have been force majeure through all the road blocks grin I learn from the best
grin grin grin grin grin grinSavage powerslider

4 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by dannybrasky(m): 3:50pm On May 04, 2019
U are wicked grin if u know u know grin

nurey:

1 Like

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 04, 2019
Logobenz:
holy shit!!
Baba,me like speed.
Na woman show you pepper like this...

2 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by 9icetoo(m): 5:58pm On May 04, 2019
banky3w:

1k is the official price oh though I never drive any unregistered during this next level sha......
Not for those Benin boys. Them no dey gree 1k. Others take 1k as standard. Maybe cos I delayed sha. Don't know
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by snipesdam(m): 6:11pm On May 04, 2019
@Heavenlybang is the ride RWD or AWD?
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by kingreign(m): 6:27pm On May 04, 2019
Logobenz:
holy shit!!
Baba,me like speed.
Can't wait to do 300kph in a Merc sedan

When you approach your 30s with kids and wife and lots of loved ones looking up to you, even 120km/h go be serious speeds.

10 Likes

Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:51pm On May 04, 2019
banky3w:

I'm in love with that Guage cluster kiss. Congrats on your new ride Bro.
Thanks, bro.
9icetoo:

Don't fry your differentials oo.

It's an Intelligent AWD system. Disconnecting the fuse just stops it from kicking in, which allows me to do burnouts and shit like that.

snipesdam:
@Heavenlybang is the ride RWD or AWD?

AWD.

9icetoo:

Not for those Benin boys. Them no dey gree 1k. Others take 1k as standard. Maybe cos I delayed sha. Don't know

They took 2k. Bastards. Come dey say the car dey undervalued.
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 04, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
And for the part most of you are concerned about. What are my thoughts on the Infiniti G35?

It's a brilliant car. Honestly.

Interior
The fit and finish is better than on my ES. Keep in mind that my ES was a fully loaded model. The sound system fuckin bangs, and the entire cockpit is just so well designed.

Handling
The car's steering is fuckin heavy! Stop whatever you're doing and go drive one. Heavy as hell. I'm a skinny dude and I feel like my biceps are going to grow if I drive this for three more months. Heavy and precise. There's a reason why the G knocked the BMW 3-series out of the way for a while. These cars are designed to make you enjoy driving.

Power
I have 306 horses under my hood, I'm not sure what you expect. The car moves. Fast. Wickedly fast. And AWD ensures I never lose traction at takeoff. Let me put this into perspective: Bar the E550, CLK550, and S550, there are no non-AMG Mercs faster than this car. None. And it will hang with those three cars until 80 MPH or so before they pull on it due to their 80 HP advantage. Let that sink in: It takes an extra 80 HP for a naturally aspirated V8 to be able to keep up.

That said, this thing is a gas guzzler! I have a heavy foot, so I'm probably at fault too. But, God, it drinks fuel.
Let me put this into perspective: I bought 40 L of fuel yesterday. I've driven about 50 miles, and I have just 50 miles of range left. The previous owner averaged about 14 MPG combined. I'll be happy to get 12.

That said, a full tank of gas took us back home from Lagos, which is about 290 miles (465 km), and I had about 15 litres left. I should be able to get 20-21 MPG if I keep the car at 2000 RPM, doing 80-100 KM/H. Basically the ideal speed for fuel economy.

Anyway, smiles per gallon are more important. Not a big deal. And anytime I step on the throttle--which is often--I'll be reminded of why I pay so much for fuel.

That is all.

Much thanks to everyone who helped.

- Nurey, Kingreign, thebigkendo, obekediamondfuto, banky3w, diportivo and the host of demeanors for their advice when I was picking the car to buy.
- DelTel for running the show.
- Gazzuzz and Oluwaseunla for their hospitality.
- OPUSDEI1 for everything.
- CarguidNG for the report
- And Pattybf for my documents that she's supposed to send today. tongue

All pictures were shot on my Huawei Mate 10 Pro, then screenshotted and cropped to meet Nairaland's size requirements.

E go be.

See nice whip. I have my eyes on the 4th Gen Acura TL SHAWD as my next car. I love Lexus IS350 but the cabin is just too small for my likeness. But I'm liking this Infiniti G35 and just might go for it. Me too want to experience over 300hp. Nobody should tell me Benz or nothing because the c class of this generation is a no no, maybe e class but not ready for that one now.
Re: My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep by ak22(m): 9:13pm On May 04, 2019
greenhulk:

See nice whip. I have my eyes on the 4th Gen Acura TL SHAWD as my next car. I love Lexus IS350 but the cabin is just too small for my likeness. But I'm liking this Infiniti m35 and just might go for it. Me too want to experience over 300hp. Nobody should tell me Benz or nothing because the c class of this generation is a no no, maybe e class but not ready for that one now.

M35 or G35?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car / Tesla Pickup Truck Is On The Way / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.