Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary (18749 Views)

Lady Narrates How Lagos Bus Conductor Returned Her Purse And Even Sent An Email / The Life Of A Nigerian Doctor In The UK / Lady Narrates How Okada Man Saved Her From Embarrassment In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by Ferdinandu(m): 8:29am On May 06, 2019
When Ngige said that there is surplus, they started shouting up and down especially NMA. Is there scarcity but their colleagues have to be managing with meagre 40k that doesn't even come regularly. There is surplus abeg compared with employment opportunities available to them.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by Correctdude1234: 8:32am On May 06, 2019
modestbrowser:
He must be a Native Doctor
lolz grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by Kingkun69(m): 8:35am On May 06, 2019
SeniorZato:
Are they vet doctors? 40k I am not understanding
see you vets have money oga
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by Nobody: 8:36am On May 06, 2019
THIS IS VERY SERIOUS AND IT IS THE REALITY.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by urose93(f): 8:37am On May 06, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
Which kind of doctor pls?
Native doctor
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by angiography(m): 8:39am On May 06, 2019
jrusky:
Alright. Was is it not on this forum I was telling one bloody lair who claimed to be a fresh graduate claiming he his receiving 400k a monthly salary as a young doctor and he is seeking advise either to go for his Master or to keep working?

And I said to him I'm a employer And I know a bit about salary scale out there in Nigeria market I told him I'm a bit sceptical about his claim as a young gradyate getting 400k monthly wages it sound strange somehow as of Nigeria today but he kept insisting and and I let go but I was waiting for day like this so Mr 400k fake doctor I need you back here right now I know you will read my post so I need you back here.

loool...what do you know. When I have a fresh graduate nurse earning #550k per month...in Lagos. There are people that work for Lagos, there are people Lagos is working for.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by ozo13(m): 8:45am On May 06, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
Okay I just did my research and found out the doctor is a corper and 40k is an allowance.
smart one by u cos i was wondering how someone will be receiving 40k as a medical Doctor.even 80-100k/month post NYSC is a no no for many.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by TruthinAction: 8:49am On May 06, 2019
It's better to run a mini clinic even if you have to use your living home. It will only exclude some kind of services like surgery. If you are good, you can't make less than 200 k monthly.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by jrusky(m): 8:52am On May 06, 2019
angiography:

loool...what do you know. When I have a fresh graduate nurse earning #550k per month...in Lagos. There are people that work for Lagos, there are people Lagos is working for.

Your last statement answered it all. Now I understand where 400k or your 550k is coming from. A hand of applause for you.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by ozo13(m): 8:56am On May 06, 2019
angiography:

this money u mentioned am sure are isolated cases and likely those people owned the facility themselves. Average salary scale in lagos from private hospitals is like 160k/mnth for Medical Doctors .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by jrusky(m): 8:56am On May 06, 2019
wunmi590:

Bros not everybody are lieing, my cousins husband who is a medical doctor, who was being paid 250k in one of the federal Kano hospital, left for an NGO and he's being paid 400k upward.

What am saying is that some are lucky and some are not so lucky.

And you should also consider Nigeria man know man factor

Good, your second paragraph answered it as well. * some are *lucky * to earn that much* which statically it's not a peg status it's by chance.

Good day

NB.That is why when you are arguung a point clarify it and never generalised it. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by mrphysics(m): 8:57am On May 06, 2019
springtech:

Lol.
No doubt they are fresh doctors.
You never hear of lawyers collecting 15k.
They collect this amount for the first 1-3 yrs after graduation.

Just few of them are lucky to get opportunities in nice places paying good amount.
Sure, I have seen many. Lawyers with 6 years of training + law school who are being paid 20k/month by fellow lawyers in a law firm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by CorperKola: 9:09am On May 06, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
Okay I just did my research and found out the doctor is a corper and 40k is an allowance.
God will punish the guy
E no dey collect alawee abi
Doctors with their nonsense pride
Who does he think he is?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by KINGwax007(m): 9:20am On May 06, 2019
shadeyinka:

I do not disagree with you. I am only looking at it from the terrain called Nigeria. It takes a bit of luck to succeed with no classroom education in Nigeria unlike in some developed countries where ability is rated above certificates.

There is a minimum level of classroom education needed to leverage on skills and opportunities
I agree

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by Nobody: 9:52am On May 06, 2019
jrusky:
Alright. Was is it not on this forum I was telling one bloody lair who claimed to be a fresh graduate claiming he his receiving 400k a monthly salary as a young doctor and he is seeking advise either to go for his Master or to keep working?

And I said to him I'm a employer And I know a bit about salary scale out there in Nigeria market I told him I'm a bit sceptical about his claim as a young gradyate getting 400k monthly wages it sound strange somehow as of Nigeria today but he kept insisting and and I let go but I was waiting for day like this so Mr 400k fake doctor I need you back here right now I know you will read my post so I need you back here.

Mayb the dude uvtalking about works in Sokoto or other northern states where doctors are hard..or maybe he works for Schlumberger or ExxonMobil....my brother served in the north ..he was paid 110k as a corper, after service they begged him to stay for 370 but was told he won't be getting pension unless he marries one of their ladies and becomes a muslim...that's a fact happening in the north incase u wanna start doubting ..this was even back in 2008 ...my mum use the usual I breast fed u tactics as a baby to blackmail him so he would come back to Lagos.....
That dude up there is lieing...no doctor, state or federal level gets a total of 40k monthly since 1992

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by grandstar(m): 10:02am On May 06, 2019
mrphysics:
Lagos is a known city for cheap labour. Imagine a medical doctor being paid 40k/month.

After 7 years of school?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by jrusky(m): 10:17am On May 06, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Mayb the dude uvtalking about works in Sokoto or other northern states where doctors are hard..or maybe he works for Schlumberger or ExxonMobil....my brother served in the north ..he was paid 110k as a corper, after service they begged him to stay for 370 but was told he won't be getting pension unless he marries one of their ladies and becomes a muslim...that's a fact happening in the north incase u wanna start doubting ..this was even back in 2008 ...my mum use the usual I breast fed u tactics as a baby to blackmail him so he would come back to Lagos.....
That dude up there is lieing...no doctor, state or federal level gets a total of 40k monthly since 1992

Thanks bro. But you haven't get my point. I'm not saying it's not possible but on what ground and is that a statutory wage or a conditional wages. If i can understand you said someone close to you was offered 370k but conditions was attached to it. I'm not against doctor earning that much in fact it's too small compare to what they are going through but the Nigeria employment market it's so bad and so corrupt that before such amount can be peg as flat wage for young doctor a fresh graduate to be earning 400k or 550k would be by chance.

That was why I said when posting kindly clarify don't post as if that is what every body earn or know or belief. If every fresh graduate could earn 400k to 550k as flat wages then glory because I have loads of doctor around fresh graduate and old ones so I know their salary but I'm not here to discuss anyone privacy though few of them earned well but it's not as if all of them fresh graduate earned that much ok.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by mechanics(m): 10:26am On May 06, 2019
Nawa o, they should leave the work and go for better ones.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by Chidonc(m): 10:45am On May 06, 2019
jrusky:

90% of nigeria phd holders dont earn half of that amount talk more of a fresh graduate
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by jrusky(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2019
Chidonc:

90% of nigeria phd holders dont earn half of that amount talk more of a fresh graduate

Bro this is what I have be saying that these dudes are not getting my point.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by Chidonc(m): 11:10am On May 06, 2019
jrusky:

Bro this is what I have be saying that these dudes are not getting my point.
i laugh when i see posts like that, have done menial labour, and have been opportuned to employ labour, some of them are only day dreaming.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by tenmariner: 11:31am On May 06, 2019
jrusky:

You cannot just assume that he isnt telling the truth by mere fact that u are an employer. There are several international organization who pay very very well. A doctor working at shell/ chevron could be on such salary after adding others bonuses and allowance.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by jrusky(m): 11:36am On May 06, 2019
Chidonc:

i laugh when i see posts like that, have done menial labour, and have been opportuned to employ labour, some of them are only day dreaming.

You are right bro. It's a big surprise to me to see little kids coming here to just talk to feel relevant. That was how one came here this morning and said he know of a young nurse as in just finished from nursing school earning 550k per month in Lagos.

Very interesting indeed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by jrusky(m): 11:40am On May 06, 2019
tenmariner:

You cannot just assume that he isnt telling the truth by mere fact that u are an employer. There are several international organization who pay very very well. A doctor working at shell/ chevron could be on such salary after adding others bonuses and allowance.

Thanks. Now old topic bro.

Good day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by pacespot(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2019
Meel:
its law of demand and supply coming in play. I laugh out a lot when I attend inductions of medical graduate, that those (stupid) council members will saying we don't have sufficient health care workers.

Base on facilities on ground , I will say we partially have sufficient health workers. All states have just a FMC/teaching hospital. And there is a limit to number of staff they can accommodate. The government should build more facilities to accommodate new health graduate, allow health services available to every one, and lessen the burdens of existing ones. ( All these i know is impossible). And with the inception of medical schools by private university, come next 10 years , medics will be as undervalued as teachers.

but it is people's lives they are toying with. there are certain professions you need to accord respect and dignity no matter what the economic condition because they involve high risks: doctors, engineers, pilots, military, etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by ogawisdom(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2019
Bigcake:

I disagree with you. We rather don't have enough functional health facilities, hence it tends to look like the doctors are surplus. How many Primary Health Centers do you have around you locality?

Have you ever been to an hospital and see surplus doctors on duty? It is always a case of " doctor is not around ",.

We have only about 72,000 registered doctors in Nigeria, which are to service 200 million people. Divide 200 million by 72,000 then you will agree with me that the Nigerian faulty system makes blue look like pink.

Not every Nigerian needs a Nigerian doctor hope u kw DT, secondly every Nigerian won't be sick at the same time, factor that into your calculation n u see that 72k doctors are excessive. Some people are so healthy that they don't even see a doctor in 10 yrs like my self. Add the available Nurses, MLS and pharmacy shops n u see why most doctors are useless n not required.

Nigerian universities produce over 10k doctors yearly plus those trained abroad that are returning home not forgetting free medical advice available online 24/7.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by ogawisdom(m): 12:22pm On May 06, 2019
kattytamer:

So if engrs are paid 10k as nysc alawee by their PPA it means we have too much engrs right? Please delete wisdom from you moniker.

Don't quote me when u lack common sense, take your frustrations to your stupid father that failed to train u properly.

Doctors are excessive in Nigeria _ by Dr Chris Ngige
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 06, 2019
ogawisdom:

Don't quote me when u lack common sense, take your frustrations to your stupid father that failed to train u properly.

Doctors are excessive in Nigeria _ by Dr Chris Ngige
See how you disgrace your parents with your foolishness. While your folks are dying of simple curable diseases cos of poor health care services nationwide and you are busy quoting ngige and your dull brain still thinks the prob is demand and supply. When next you visit a govt hosp in an emergency and you are made to wait several hours for attention you should understand its because drs are too many. Dumbo
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by nelszx: 3:49pm On May 06, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
so wat of other people u think na only doctor dem go pay abi....
Oga when I was serving I was the highest paid corps member in my PPA. There are guidelines from NYSC that states how much you'd be paid so you negotiate with your employer and come to a reasonable amount. Since we can't be paid salary but allowances for what the document contains.
Others were paid 10k by the PPA but by virtue of the document I was paid half of the price on the document (73k). This is way back though. Health professionals (NYSC)have a different salary from the other members allowee aside.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by Section7: 4:10pm On May 06, 2019
Even native doctors earn more than that in a day.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary by angiography(m): 4:31pm On May 06, 2019
ozo13:
this money u mentioned am sure are isolated cases and likely those people owned the facility themselves. Average salary scale in lagos from private hospitals is like 160k/mnth for Medical Doctors .

yeah...average salary scale...keep on chasing the average. Adieu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GTBank Starting Salary? / Congratulations! You Have Been Selected For The FGN-ALAT Digital Skillnovation P / Access Bank 2021 Entry Level Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.