Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1167741 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Jessewizy(m): 4:25pm On May 29, 2020
radautoworks:

I will not derail sha
No offense but for one’s peace of mind. Men handle issues like this better.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 4:25pm On May 29, 2020
Codyella:
The video I sent you shows a mechanic working on the car in my garage. So don't play dumb.

You know what, I'm done. You can say whatever you want but the truth prevails. Thank you for everything.

This again is inaccurate. There is no such video showing any mechanic working on your car.

Please permit us to publish our communication today.

18 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 4:25pm On May 29, 2020
Jessewizy:

No offense but for one’s peace of mind. Men handle issues like this better.

But only men have physically attacked my workers na. Make we leave matter.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 29, 2020
Codyella:
I'm taking it to the pit tomorrow to check if the patch work is OK. Hopefully, I'm not going to work on anything else. At a point I had to ask myself, "did you buy direct Belgium abi naija used car?" it's well.

Whether Belgium or Naija all na used car. As we dey cut corners with Tokunbo and chinco parts na so oyinbo people too dey buy used and aftermarket parts so it's not unusual spending money fixing things on Tokunbo cars.

Most people in my opinion have too much expectations from Tokunbo cars and I think its coming from a subconscious that tells them they are buying new cars.

Irrespective of whatever inspection you, the dealer or a mechanic carried out on a used car before purchase, always have it at the back of your mind that there may be fixes here and there to be done.

20 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Jessewizy(m): 4:26pm On May 29, 2020
radautoworks:

But only men have physically attacked my workers na. Make we leave matter.
Lol, abeg no vex

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Eteka1(m): 4:26pm On May 29, 2020
Codyella:
Thank you for your concern. So far, you seem to understand my predicament. I worked on the transmission, compressor, bought a new battery, the tire stabilizer keeps hanging out of the car. I patched somewhere under the car that had rust, power steering too had issue. Amongst others cos I paid for them at once so these are the ones I remembered. I bought a new oil, Castro synthetic blend, quite pricey not your regular oil though cos thats what the car uses. Mind you, I already paid 22k to Amdman for his mechanic to add it to the car. But he didn't.

I'm cutting my losses and moving on. I was running away from extra cost by avoiding naija dealers. Never knew I'm entering from frying pan to fire.
And now, after I've spent money working on the car, Amdman is texting me, asking me if I want to collect refund and sell.

I simply laughed. Man got no soul.

All in all. It's well.

But I have read a comment here where you are being offered a full refund for the car na.

I strongly believe a mechanic played you.

17 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 4:27pm On May 29, 2020
amdman:

This again is inaccurate. There is no such video showing any mechanic working on your car.

Please permit us to publish our communication today.

You don't need permission since she already brought this to a public forum and made it admissible.

Don't waste time with that. Simply collect the car back, refund her, when she provides a receipt for the repairs I'll refund her those and you can sell the car to someone else who will appreciate it.

26 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Jessewizy(m): 4:27pm On May 29, 2020
Eteka1:
But I have read a comment here where you are being offered a full refund for the car na.

I strongly believe a mechanic played you.
Thank you. Something doesn’t add up. She is out to tarnish his image.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Jessewizy(m): 4:28pm On May 29, 2020
radautoworks:

You don't need permission some she already brought this to a public forum and made it admissible.

Don't waste time with that. Simply collect the car back, refund her, when she comes a receipt for the repairs I'll refund her those and you can sell the car to someone else who will appreciate it.
She won’t accept the refund.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by naturepride008(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2020
Codyella:
The video I sent you shows a mechanic working on the car in my garage. So don't play dumb.

You know what, I'm done. You can say whatever you want but the truth prevails. Thank you for everything.

Madam hope u remember to collect those COMPRESSOR and other part removed by your mechanic?

32 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by replete(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2020
Jessewizy:

I’m thinking someone sponsored this woman. Take your money return the car, she no gree. Devil
I don't think so, for someone that initially showed appreciation.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by MystiqueTaurus(m): 4:32pm On May 29, 2020
I have personally gotten 3 cars from Amdman and a close friend that we share the same apartment has gotten 2 rides from him. It’s safe to say I’ve been directly or indirectly involved in 5 cars. A Volvo XC90, Acura TSX, Volvo S60, Infiniti FX45 and a Ford Edge. It’s laughable when you come here to label Amdman fraudulent for one car. For crying out loud; no one buys a used car and doesn’t budget for fixes- when no be new car. On two occasions I have had to deal with battery issues and I moved on without noise. The battery in question is not a dry cell and it could be charged for 2k or less. Please take a chill pill. People have indicated that they are ready to pay you off and take the car. If you’re that pained then grab the offer.

For Amdman, God willing na 4 cars(one container) me and my guy go buy next. Solidly behind you jare. One love.

85 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by yehmy(m): 4:33pm On May 29, 2020
Amdman still dey ask for permission, this man is too gentle kilode

24 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by tayosmatts(f): 4:34pm On May 29, 2020
Codyella:
Oh really? Now you want to type? After you were reading my messages and ignoring them?

You told me that the battery is new. The car had rust on it and I did not want to go for it but because you assured me that the car had no issues and the battery was new, I went for it. Stating that I knew of the state of the battery is unethical cos its not possible for you to tell me that a car with rust had a dead battery and I will go for it. I'm not a spend thrift!

Car was delivered even without a drop of brake fluid and the oil was even at the tip of the stick with a rusted filter. Tell me, who does car service without putting those?!

You're clearly a fraud! I can't believe there was a time I defended you! I guess I got a taste of my own medicine and I hereby apologise to those guys I doubted.

Sorry for your experience. I feel amdman may need to query some of his staff about some things here.

Yes, a battery is something we all replace in cars, and I have a feeling it was good when amdman drove it over there or else he would have said something. However, I feel one of the Lagos mechanic or the driver who drove it down should have noticed the bad battery and said something.

Also, if the engine oil was low, it means you may have a bigger issue on the car, either a leak or the engine burning oil. Again one of those guys should have said something. No way a car will burn almost 4 litres of oil travelling from Lagos to the East. That is if the engine oil was truly changed.

As for the low level of brake oil, it could be another leak or the brake pads are worn. I will advise you have someone inspect all the brake pads and possibly check for brake oil leaks.

Meanwhile, if you can work out a return and refund, please take the option since you already have bad vibes about the whole thing. For the sake of peace of mind.

I think everyone have something to take out of the whole unfortunate situation.

To all of you using style to abuse women, God will forgive you.

18 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by HarunaWest(m): 4:36pm On May 29, 2020
yehmy:
He is a responsible business man that puts integrity first.
Some customers purchase a second hand vehicle and want it to be like brand new. Not possible. Some things are inherent that even the sales man isnt aware of.
Ladies have a lot of troubles dealing with. Its what I encounter everyday.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Jessewizy(m): 4:38pm On May 29, 2020
HarunaWest:

He is a responsible business man thag pits integrity first.
Some customer buy a car tokunbo and want it to be new. Not possible. Some things are inherent that even the sales man isnt aware of.
Ladies have a lot of troubles dealing with. Its what I encounter everyday.
They are never satisfied

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by naturepride008(m): 4:40pm On May 29, 2020
MystiqueTaurus:
I have personally gotten 3 cars from Amdman and a close friend that we share the same apartment has gotten 2 rides from him. It’s safe to say I’ve been directly or indirectly involved in 5 cars. A Volvo XC90, Acura TSX, Volvo S60, Infiniti FX45 and a Ford Edge. It’s laughable when you come here to label Amdman fraudulent for one car. For crying out loud; no one buys a used car and doesn’t budget for fixes- when no be new car. On two occasions I have had to deal with battery issues and I moved on without noise. The battery in question is not a dry cell and it could be charged for 2k or less. Please take a chill pill. People have indicated that they are ready to pay you off and take the car. If you’re that pained then grab the offer.

For Amdman, God willing na 4 cars(one container) me and my guy go buy next. Solidly behind you jare. One love.

Codyella..... Can u see good review

15 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by DonnyE(m): 4:45pm On May 29, 2020
bukkysam:
My friend mention what you have spent your 100k on or remain silent for life. Thank you
I am a Man, but from what you wrote, you are a big disgrace to womanhood. I feel her pain.

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by peeps4u: 4:49pm On May 29, 2020
Hello madam Codyella, you have never mentioned those things stolen from the car.

Sorry for the experience.

Accept the refund offer if you feel amdman truly sold you a bad car. Madam radautoworks is also ready to settle any additional expenses incurred in repairing the car.

This is a good enough offer.

But I think bad battery is something trivial to rob you the joy of your new car. This issue shouldn't have gotten to this

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by bukkysam(f): 4:53pm On May 29, 2020
May God judge between you people.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by noble71(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2020
amicdan:
Aunty go buy tear rubber from Henry Ford. smiley smiley You deserve brand new car �

Bro. Fear who no fear women!!! Their reasoning is below average. Tokumbo car oh! Battery of 25k she is disturbing our peace here. Oya collect your money back she say NO! What do she want again?

23 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Daum: 4:55pm On May 29, 2020
Make una come oooo
Make we settle dis matter abeg

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by uchman(m): 4:59pm On May 29, 2020
makjo900:
It's funny how people are running off because of one client. Just ONE CUSTOMER PERE and op has delivered loads of containers for different clients in the space of a year but one client is making some people run. Very funny people grin

Nothing is 100% perfect, yes such a thing can happen because it's mechanism...
Nobody is to blame because I am sure that Amdman will not intentionally sell a faulty car to Codyella but in every business there must be a mistake...

To Amdman,
just look for a way to calm her down and if you can help her in any way, that will be fine too...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 29, 2020
Daum:
Make una come oooo Make we settle dis matter abeg
lolzzzzz funny
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by ojesymsym: 5:01pm On May 29, 2020
A car that was driven from Lagos arrived at your house, entered your garage and even though you have not driven it since then, you say the transmission (gear system)is bad? The compressor also is bad?
Are you saying the driver did not drive with AC in the course of the journey?

Is the driver that delivered it on Nairaland so that we can ask him his experience on the road and with the car.

Codyella:
Oh really? Now you want to type? After you were reading my messages and ignoring them?

You told me that the battery is new. The car had rust on it and I did not want to go for it but because you assured me that the car had no issues and the battery was new, I went for it. Stating that I knew of the state of the battery is unethical cos its not possible for you to tell me that a car with rust had a dead battery and I will go for it. I'm not a spend thrift!

Car was delivered even without a drop of brake fluid and the oil was even at the tip of the stick with a rusted filter. Tell me, who does car service without putting those?!

You're clearly a fraud! I can't believe there was a time I defended you! I guess I got a taste of my own medicine and I hereby apologise to those guys I doubted.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by noble71(m): 5:02pm On May 29, 2020
yehmy:

Baba is too gentle to handle Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by nymphomaniac(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2020
Truly...man is a very forgetful being. A thousand good deeds may be done but one misdeed wipes it all.

Andman, it is the first time I am commenting on your thread but it won’t be the last. Learn from the lessons and criticisms of this transaction and move on.

Codyella, I am sure you will find wisdom in the statement below;

“Oh Lord, help me to accept the things i can’t change, to change the things I cannot accept and the wisdom to know the difference”

15 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by uchman(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2020
Daum:

Exactly bross
You know some of them na
They will run down that car with their mouth just to see money

Yes they know it's a Belgium car...

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by SamuelLoch: 5:10pm On May 29, 2020
Codyella:
I don't want to take this any further but I owe it to most of you on this thread asking me about the car I bought to warn you. Amdman sold me a car with a dead battery after assuring me of the durability of the car. I kept on asking him about the battery and he lied to me that its a new battery. His crew took stuffs from the car. I even paid them 22k for car service and the oil and filter wasn't changed. I reported all this to him and he told me expressively that it is not his problem. His crew just boosted the vehicle and brought it back. The car came in 4 days ago and its been parked at my garage cos its basically empty with alot of stuffs missing and it can't even start.
So, buy at your own risk. Cos I'm NEVER doing any other business with this guy.

@Codyella, about the item(s) stolen, is it any of these?
Radio, AC knobs, jack, wheel-spanner, logo of the car or the rim cover.
I've actually heard about this issue before.
Help Amdman address this and improve his business.
I'm awaiting your response.

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 29, 2020
Amdman wow you are to humble, after going through the issue pls do post your chats with her it necessary it will counter what she said if it true.....
And also saw were you offered refund her money and collect the car be she won't..

Infact nobody have done it shows that you are a good man...

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by effty(m): 5:17pm On May 29, 2020
delawal:

i gues dts d car u re conplainin abt, is d car really dead or just d battery is dead, i feel ur pain, bt incase u dont like,it and will like to sell it,off let me know, am also in, onitsha
Sharp guy.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dicksonadams(m): 5:23pm On May 29, 2020
Amdman is an hero like superman...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.