Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1169354 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by tmanis(m): 11:29pm On May 29, 2020
kuss:
The way things are going no one will give a bad review about Adman cars again for fear of being labeled enemy of progress

People just wanted her to justify the 100k she said she spent, and to make her know that having a battery run down after 3 months being unused is not fraudulent on the part of the dealer..

14 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by seyithug(m): 11:37pm On May 29, 2020
thebigkendo:
Them tell you say motor get rust.. But e dey okay & you still gree buy am.. Come dey complain about "patching" grin grin grin

Some people say car dealers sponsor her grin grin grin grin

You don spend 100k, Oya bring list on how you spend 100k.. We no see..

E no go beta for that mechanic weh dey drink beer with your money grin grin

To settle this matter go tey small sha..
cheesy grin grin wink LMAO.

Actually, the mechanic has a family to feed and house rent to pay nah. As the woman no kukuma 'farabale', and she dey vibrate on top 'just a battery issue', na so the 'Kazeem' take that one 'enter her'. He use mouth spoil the Belgium car wella, and madam decided to service it all over again, and patch.

If you sef be mechanic, and you see this kain opportunity, at this corona lockdown period, you no go like chop small? grin

I agree with @jeromedee. 'Some women' can be really hard to please or communicate with. Especially 'some women' wey get money. Not the 'born into money' type, but those ones that came into money later in life, either through personal hardwork/hustle, marrying rich or getting rich with hubby, or via inheritance, or a hardworking single mom doing pretty well for herself and handling her ish well. Chaii. cheesy grin, they must carry shoulder, and rub-in their 'I did it all by myself', 'Na my money, no be man give me', or 'nouveau rich' attitude, into everything.
If they're patronizing your business, you must, practically, worship them, check on them like an interested 'toaster'. grin
If they see you online or you see them, you must greet them o, otherwise they'll say you're avoiding them or you're proud. grin. They want daily, constant communication, like you're in a relationship with them. cheesy. The most important part is that, they are the only ones allowed to leave you on 'Read', not you.

Some women are actually insecure and have low self esteem issues, they actually want you to 'show interest' in them, just so they feel 'wanted' and attractive enough, and be the one to rebuff your 'supposed' advances, just to feel good about themselves. Always looking for validation. If you're all-professional and don't have time for every of their conversation outside the main biz, she'd, most likely, just knock you/your hustle for even the most flimsy of complaints, when the biz is done, instead of praising you and gently criticizing you.

Hanti is not returning the car for a refund, because the car is actually very beautiful. I even complimented her on the camera/phone she used, because the car looks very 'sweet'.
Amdman was, probably, being professional, and courteous but blunt with her. But, she wanted some patronizing words and actions.

Note: Amdman, boss, you do need to work on your communication. Indeed, only you can handle this, because you know all about the cars and do the inspection, and are always in the best position to give details about the car, and updates on shipping, and servicing and delivery are handled by your team here. Always do screenshots too, so that you can easily counter negative reviews, especially when you are being accused wrongly. Otherwise, just admit your mistakes and resolve the issues offline.
We know many people who don't even have 500k to buy a powerbike are also, constantly, in your inbox, to request for prices and pictures of N3 million naira cars. Blame some of our motivational speakers and pastors. 'Dream big' people. grin

Personally, I'm a patient person. When I do patronize you, you, most likely, won't hear from me, the entire 2-3 months within which the car is in transit and cleared. But, before I make car choices and payment arrangements, and after the timeframe given to receive the car lapses, if I cough in your WhatsApp inbox, you must send me bottled water and cup, on a tray, from Canada o. grin cheesy. Just kidding. But, please, do better, especially with your 'prioritized' communications.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by MrFinbarr(m): 11:39pm On May 29, 2020
kuss:
The way things are going no one will give a bad review about Adman cars again for fear of being labeled enemy of progress

You've not made any reasonable comment over this issue yet.
He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

No one is against her review, but her choice of words, inability to backup her claims with substantial eevidence and her being hasty to tag Amdman a fraudster ruined her review and portrayed her a dishonest person instead.

In no history of the world have we ever heard that a fraudster wants to refund the money after transaction.

Be reasonable and unbiased in your statement. This is someone's business, sweat and efforts overtime and you can't possibly ruin it with such poorly coordinated and unverifiable review.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mimicue(f): 12:07am On May 30, 2020
Hello madam ,
Let me share my experience with you . Though I didn’t get my car from amdam

When I got my car , it was during the lock down and it took a long time to clear it
So the battery was dead
Inshort about three cars in the container came in with a bad battery
When buying a Tokunbo please budget for fixing
You will service the car and fill AC gas
You will clean it up to your taste because it’s not a new car and you’re the new user . When I got mine I even changed the shocks . I spent well over 150k on a Tokubo car , At the end of the day it’s me that will still enjoy the car . Been driving the car for a month now and it’s going well

Fix whatever issues you have with your car , if you bought it in Nigeria it’s what the dealers would have done for you and you will just pick it up at the garage .
It’s not just about buying car , car comes with bills

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 12:25am On May 30, 2020
mimicue:
Hello madam ,

When I got my car , it was during the lock down and it took a long time to clear it
So the battery was dead
You will clean it up to your taste because it’s not a new car and you’re the new user . When I got mine I even changed the shocks . I spent well over 150k on a Tokubo car , At the end of the day it’s me that will still enjoy the car . Been driving the car for a month now and it’s going well

Fix whatever issues you have with your car , if you bought it in Nigeria it’s what the dealers would have done for you and you will just pick it up at the garage .
you said it all... Obviously she have never owned a car before....

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Richdee1(m): 12:37am On May 30, 2020
seyithug:

cheesy grin grin wink LMAO.

Actually, the mechanic has a family to feed and house rent to pay nah. As the woman no kukuma 'farabale', and she dey vibrate on top 'just a battery issue', na so the 'Kazeem' take that one 'enter her'. He use mouth spoil the Belgium car wella, and madam decided to service it all over again, and patch.

If you sef be mechanic, and you see this kain opportunity, at this corona lockdown period, you no go like chop small? grin

I agree with @jeromedee. 'Some women' can be really hard to please or communicate with. Especially 'some women' wey get money. Not the 'born into money' type, but those ones that came into money later in life, either through personal hardwork/hustle, marrying rich or getting rich with hubby, or via inheritance, or a hardworking single mom doing pretty well for herself and handling her ish well. Chaii. cheesy grin, they must carry shoulder, and rub-in their 'I did it all by myself', 'Na my money, no be man give me', or 'nouveau rich' attitude, into everything.
If they're patronizing your business, you must, practically, worship them, check on them like an interested 'toaster'. grin
If they see you online or you see them, you must greet them o, otherwise they'll say you're avoiding them or you're proud. grin. They want daily, constant communication, like you're in a relationship with them. cheesy. The most important part is that, they are the only ones allowed to leave you on 'Read', not you.

Some women are actually insecure and have low self esteem issues, they actually want you to 'show interest' in them, just so they feel 'wanted' and attractive enough, and be the one to rebuff your 'supposed' advances, just to feel good about themselves. Always looking for validation. If you're all-professional and don't have time for every of their conversation outside the main biz, she'd, most likely, just knock you/your hustle for even the most flimsy of complaints, when the biz is done, instead of praising you and gently criticizing you.

Hanti is not returning the car for a refund, because the car is actually very beautiful. I even complimented her on the camera/phone she used, because the car looks very 'sweet'.
Amdman was, probably, being professional, and courteous but blunt with her. But, she wanted some patronizing words and actions.

Note: Amdman, boss, you do need to work on your communication. Indeed, only you can handle this, because you know all about the cars and do the inspection, and are always in the best position to give details about the car, and updates on shipping, and servicing and delivery are handled by your team here. Always do screenshots too, so that you can easily counter negative reviews, especially when you are being accused wrongly. Otherwise, just admit your mistakes and resolve the issues offline.
We know many people who don't even have 500k to buy a powerbike are also, constantly, in your inbox, to request for prices and pictures of N3 million naira cars. Blame some of our motivational speakers and pastors. 'Dream big' people. grin

Personally, I'm a patient person. When I do patronize you, you, most likely, won't hear from me, the entire 2-3 months within which the car is in transit and cleared. But, before I make car choices and payment arrangements, and after the timeframe given to receive the car lapses, if I cough in your WhatsApp inbox, you must send me bottled water and cup, on a tray, from Canada o. grin cheesy. Just kidding. But, please, do better, especially with your 'prioritized' communications.

Are you related to the moniker Felicity001?
Your post is just too long

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by nymphomaniac(m): 1:13am On May 30, 2020
easytig:
its either the silly bitch is being sponsored to soil amdman reputation or she is just plain stupid , jeez battry of how much lol.hope the mumu bitch didnt patronise roadside kazeem that want to build house onher head after seeing fresh toks.there will start tampering with variousengine parts. amdman i believe u r very honest no, shaking i stand GIDIGBA withu
kindly take down this post and when you do I will do as well. It is highly insulting and unfair to the party involved particularly and women generally. Comprende?

14 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by fastseo: 1:17am On May 30, 2020
Hoodbilonia:
When i said amd man was a baztard greedy fool.sheybi una dey insult me.
1.2m cars and below
And now e don enter 3m
Greedy bastard
Na dis greed go kill u for dat canada
Importing lemon cars with high mileage and rust
Hahahahahaha
Una never see anytin
Fools

Id rather buy naija used toks grade
Dan dis nonsense
All of dem na used car
Be it naija use or toks
Na used car
Not brand new
Fools
You can take a work to the nearest dealership and ask for the price of cars... Then come here and read what you wrote down if its in order.

Why most buy from him is because of the profile.. No one want to buy an accidented car whose original parts has been replaced with cheap parts

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by inspiredbelieve: 1:58am On May 30, 2020
Be objective! Stop using poor choice of words! Why say that people's objective reviews mean that they have no souls? She used the exact same words that got people mad!

As intellectuals, people asked her to substantiate everything she said but she couldn't!

The only common issue that has been corroborated by everyone is Amdman's late response and it seems true. He's probably working on it.

But the grouse people have with her her inability to SUBSTANTIATE EVERYTHING SHE SAID!

100k with no receipts of payment as proof!
Her expectation of a tokunbo car as new!
Her unwillingness to spend to fix one thing or two on a tokunbo car that's on sea for two months!

Oga, please always be objective when you make comments! Don't take sides!

kuss:
How come no one is seeing things from codylla point of view
100k ontop of tokubo car is not a joke
Besides she is a woman she needs help
For those crucifying her can your wife or Sister order for a car herself?
Telling her to take a refund for a car she has waited for for more than 3 months
Who will pay for the time wasted
If na your wife nko
Wicked men without souls

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by seyithug(m): 2:17am On May 30, 2020
Richdee1:

Are you related to the moniker Felicity001?
Your post is just too long
No, I'm not.
No vex, say e dey too long. grin

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Lush100(m): 3:42am On May 30, 2020
gaussian:

Codyella, My advise to you next time is to think properly next time before calling someone a fraudster. I have bought a tokumbo car from cotonou and was driving to Enugu and car refused to start because my battery died on d express....I didn't even bother to call who I bought it from, I just bought a new battery and continued to my destination.
The fact you received the same vehicle you paid for is enough for you to be grateful. Some of us have sent money to relations abroad to buy vehicles but never received any car.
You owe Amdman an apology for calling him fraudulent. The car in question is not a brand new car so a little expenses are expected.
The amount he bought the car for you is far less what it is being sold in Nigeria.
You have refused a refund which means you are happy with the purchase but you are hell-bent on denting his reputation here.
Amdman has a weekends to replying messages which we are all aware of and I am not holding brief for him because he hasn't even replied my message since Monday but I will still buy a vehicle from him.
You really need to Apologise because this silence is not golden.

"Wrong line of thought"

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by GreyBlood: 4:03am On May 30, 2020
I think we are not being fair with the whole judgment, people react to issues differently and the lady might have gone overboard by making claims she can't substantiate but I can still see from her side of view that things didn't exactly go the way she anticipated and hence the outburst. The whole sexist comments because it's a lady is dumb and demeaning.

The fact that there are short supply of honest Nigerians in the world doesn't make the few honest ones gods that no one questions without being labeled 'an enemy'. I've over a million with the OP and he hasn't replied my chats for days or make me feel he's got me and my request is being attended to. It's always the silent treatment. I got really pissed praying to get a reply while committing that amount to someone I met online and requested a refund (make I still hol my money dey watch until I see a deal I like here). He is yet to read my chat or make any refund.

18 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Lush100(m): 4:26am On May 30, 2020
Dear folks, I have read all through and here is my submission.

The car should be fine but you need to understand your customers better and I clearly see 3 majors issues and 2 other ones from that episode.
1. Poor communication.
I mentioned much earlier than now that for a business, timely and proper communication is very key. This was ignored and truth is with the advent of social media customers will take their complaint "globally" and will tell others about how " bad "your business is
If there was proper communication via your agreed channels (in the case of amdman being WHATSAPP), this matter may not have come here on nairaland.
2. Poor choice of words.
Still on communication, while you have a business to protect, your business is a business because of the customer's you have,
The " tone" of your communication to that lady customer has an undertone that you really don't care about her complain.
Apologizing is usually the first step which I didn't CLEARLY see in your response.
You must see business as an exchange,
Exchange of money for a service or a product. It is not a favor.
No service or product will give 100% satisfaction EVERYTIME but when that occurs you should provide ways to resolve it. It shouldn't come from a third party
It is important to understand that today she is your customer seeking a service from you, tomorrow is may be your turn to seek service/product from her or someone closely related to her.(I would narrate a story on this latter).
3. Understanding your customer.
You are going to have different types of customer. You need to find a way to understand them. The moment that lady customer was willing to part with 22k to have her car serviced, it should tell you that you are dealing with a customer who dies not like to do after sales work or adjustment.
You should have taken care (extra care) that the servicing was done to utmost satisfaction even if u would charge more.
You could offer to get those other things sorted for a fee.( Based on the type of customer you are dealing with.

4. Terms and conditions ( reasonable ones) should be spelt out but this does not mean you should ignore your customer because of these.
You will loose business on the long run if you do.
If customer have waited so long to get their car with extra delay due to covid-19 virus and lengthened port processing time, you cannot expect a reasonable person to take a total refund as a way to manage a complaint. Repairs for a fee are still your best option and apologize to the customer even after it has been fixed.
It takes nothing away from you.

5. Business model operations modification.
Have a general checklist forms of things that are okay with the car, things that are bad and things that need some care and submit well ahead to the customer before the car arrives.
With this you would have communicated with the customer that some repairs would be needed at some point. (It's a tokunbo car not brand new, nothing wrong in this being displayed).

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 4:34am On May 30, 2020
tmas:
Hmm..I pray I don't experience any of these oo..been 1 week now since I saw welcome to Nigeria on my car but still don't have my car ..car still at the port ..was told because of network issue..he said hopefully tomorrow it would be out..just pray I get what I paid for because the delay and excuses are getting too much..Thank you..the Gs300 is my car.
Congrats on getting your new ride Sir...
If you don't mind, we have a very nice car diffuser oil to make the car 'scent-sentional', so while people admire the outward appearance, those who get in also admire and get 'blown away by the scent inside the car

Kindly see the thread on my signature for testimonies from Nairalanders who have patronized us,

Thanks a lot
Remain Blessed
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 4:34am On May 30, 2020
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Codyella: 4:36am On May 30, 2020
Reading through the comments of the hungry and broke mysogynists that are pissed by the fact that a woman has her own voice and refused to be silenced on issues concerning her own money, I simply laugh instead on the reek of insecurities oozing from them. You're pissed cos your wife or sister can't even afford to buy a keke or you can't even afford to buy a tire so my comment intimidated you? Nah, I'm not gonna rub your deflated ego.

You people asked for evidence of the stuffs I bought, I listed it. You people said I'm lying about the car service, I posted a filter. But you guys conveniently ignored those and refused to talk about them and yet asked for receipts and screenshot of my chat with Amdman. Doesn't this show that you are not interested in justifying what happened, instead you just wanted to crucify me cos I'm a woman?!

Telling me it's ordinary battery and stuff is just silly cos clearly you don't understand that changing a Ford Edge battery is not easy and not something you can do at home. Go ahead and browse it. Anyone in onitsha knows that you hardly see Ford mechanics. My only condition with Amdman before buying this car is that "the car should be in good condition" cos I'm not looking for something to fix. If this were a Japanese car, I won't even have any issues cos the mechanics are everywhere. If he had told me the car had issues, I won't have gone for it cos it will not only cost me more to fix it but it will be difficult for me to find a good Ford specialist.

Now, the car won't start and so far, I've only seen one person that knows stuff about the car. How then will I know if he's been truthful or not?! I told Amdman my issues with Ford, still he assured me that I won't work on anything for at least a year except for servicing. Only for him to send the car and it's been one thing or the other and I've not even driven the car for once! To top it off, when I complained to him, he seemed non-chalant about it.

Well, I have written a review on my personal experience, you loyalists can continue saying stuffs about me, I honestly don't care cos you might be in one cubicle typing rubbish and I'm supposed to take offence with your keypad prowess? Lol... Y'all miss me on that bullshit.

24 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 5:13am On May 30, 2020
mimicue:
Hello madam ,

So the battery was dead

Very well said

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 5:24am On May 30, 2020
Codyella:
Reading through the comments of the hungry and broke mysogynists that are pissed by the fact that a woman has her own voice and refused to be silenced on issues concerning her own money, I simply laugh instead on the reek of insecurities oozing from them. You're pissed cos your wife or sister can't even afford to buy a keke or you can't even afford to buy a tire so my comment intimidated you? Nah, I'm not gonna rub your deflated ego.

You people asked for evidence of the stuffs I bought, I listed it. You people said I'm lying about the car service, I posted a filter. But you guys conveniently ignored those and refused to talk about them and yet asked for receipts and screenshot of my chat with Amdman. Doesn't this show that you are not interested in justifying what happened, instead you just wanted to crucify me cos I'm a woman?!

Telling me it's ordinary battery and stuff is just silly cos clearly you don't understand that changing a Ford Edge battery is not easy and not something you can do at home. Go ahead and browse it. Anyone in onitsha knows that you hardly see Ford mechanics. My only condition with Amdman before buying this car is that "the car should be in good condition" cos I'm not looking for something to fix. If this were a Japanese car, I won't even have any issues cos the mechanics are everywhere. If he had told me the car had issues, I won't have gone for it cos it will not only cost me more to fix it but it will be difficult for me to find a good Ford specialist.

Now, the car won't start and so far, I've only seen one person that knows stuff about the car. How then will I know if he's been truthful or not?! I told Amdman my issues with Ford, still he assured me that I won't work on anything for at least a year except for servicing. Only for him to send the car and it's been one thing or the other and I've not even driven the car for once! To top it off, when I complained to him, he seemed non-chalant about it.

Well, I have written a review on my personal experience, you loyalists can continue saying stuffs about me, I honestly don't care cos you might be in one cubicle typing rubbish and I'm supposed to take offence with your keypad prowess? Lol... Y'all miss me on that bullshit.

Respectfully you should return the car if you have no way to maintain it. You should have never bought it in the first place from what you just posted. Even if it had arrived and given you one year without needing anything (which is impossible because even with synthetic it would have needed another oil change in six months), what was the plan to take care of it after the year?

Also, you don't want to hear it but those of us with experience are telling you you got taken by your mechanic. That's why you are being asked for the replaced parts and/or receipts so you can be advised on your next move.

If you want to be made whole options have been given to you. Lesson learned.

29 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by inspiredbelieve: 5:43am On May 30, 2020
"hungry and broke mysogynists"

You keep using very strong words! Extremely bad choice of words!

I can't even count the number of BARBED REMARKS that you have typed here! Would all this help you? NO!

Ti a ban sukun, a ma riran! If we dey cry, we still dey see road!

Take a refund, you no gree!

What a world! What a person! Nawao!

Codyella:

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by hebuli: 5:51am On May 30, 2020
Codyella:

Yeah ma'am. You listed what you bought, but you didn't substantiate it with pictures. You were asked the pics of either what you bought or what was removed if the bought items are already fixed and can't be snap again. Anybody, including those who never buy a car yet, can lists repairs done and items bought.

A car you never drove once and all that repairs..? How were the faults diagnosed..? By your mechanic probably, who for all intent, saw another way to make a killing.

Finally, amdman asked for your permission to post the communication between you two but you didn't reply to that. Pls do ma'am.

11 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Codyella: 5:56am On May 30, 2020
The fact that you don't see anything wrong with what Amdman did is not surprising though. And once again you missed the part where I talked about "nothing to fix except for servicing". I bought the car, do you know what I wanted to do with it the next year? Ofcourse, "crucify her and don't see things from her point of view".

And so flippantly asking me "return the car and take the refund" after keeping my plans stalled for 3 months and the time and resources wasted is actually tasteless. Thanks for your input but no thanks.

radautoworks:

Respectfully you should return the car if you have no way to maintain it. You should have never bought it on the first place from what you just posted. Even if it had arrived and given you one year without needing anything (which is impossible because even with synthetic it would have needed another oil change in six months), what was the plan to take care of it after the year?

Also, you don't want to hear it but those of us with experience are telling you you got taken by your mechanic. That's why you are being asked for the replaced parts and/or receipts so you can be advised on your next move.

If you want to be made whole options have been given to you. Lesson learned.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Lush100(m): 6:03am On May 30, 2020
inspiredbelieve:
Be objective! Stop using poor choice of words! Why say that people's objective reviews mean that they have no souls? She used the exact same words that got people mad!

As intellectuals, people asked her to substantiate everything she said but she couldn't!

The only common issue that has been corroborated by everyone is Amdman's late response and it seems true. He's probably working on it.

But the grouse people have with her her inability to SUBSTANTIATE EVERYTHING SHE SAID!

100k with no receipts of payment as proof!
Her expectation of a tokunbo car as new!
Her unwillingness to spend to fix one thing or two on a tokunbo car that's on sea for two months!

Oga, please always be objective when you make comments! Don't take sides!

For over 10 months, he's "probably" working on it.
I sought alternatives because of these poor communication, which I mentioned long enough b4 taking the decision to look elsewhere and here we are , still working on it,
Please stop being sentimental here,
A lot of people will be having negative imagination having over 1Million naira in someone's else's hand and the person does not response to message even under 2 hours.
That's a sign of unseriousness in business and he feels he is doing the person a favour.
Why not it this way, amdman delivers the car to you and then waits for his money,
Let's see how gentle his "assistant" will be if no response in 2 days.

26 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Codyella: 6:05am On May 30, 2020
Did you react to the one I posted or the picture I posted? Of course not cos you're seeing all these as a form of entertainment. I wrote a review on my personal experience not a reading sensation for you.

And if this is the only thing you understood from my write-up, then I have no business replying you further.

hebuli:

Yeah ma'am. You listed what you bought, but you didn't substantiate it with pictures. You were asked the pics of either what you bought or what was removed if the bought items are already fixed and can't be snap again. Anybody, including those who never buy a car yet, can lists repairs done and items bought.

A car you never drove once and all that repairs..? How were the faults diagnosed..? By your mechanic probably, who for all intent, saw another way to make a killing.

Finally, amdman asked for your permission to post the communication between you two but you didn't reply to that. Pls do ma'am.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Codyella: 6:09am On May 30, 2020
Finally, someone that gets it. Thank you Sir for your candour.

Lush100:

The car should be fine but you need to understand your customers better and I clearly see 3 majors issues and 2 other ones from that episode.
1. Poor communication.
I mentioned much earlier than now that for a business, timely and proper communication is very key. This was ignored and truth is with the advent of social media customers will take their complaint "globally" and will tell others about how " bad "your business is
If there was proper communication via your agreed channels (in the case of amdman being WHATSAPP), this matter may not have come here on nairaland.
2. Poor choice of words.
Still on communication, while you have a business to protect, your business is a business because of the customer's you have,
The " tone" of your communication to that lady customer has an undertone that you really don't care about her complain.
Apologizing is usually the first step which I didn't CLEARLY see in your response.
No service or product will give 100% satisfaction EVERYTIME but when that occurs you should provide ways to resolve it. It shouldn't come from a third party
It is important to understand that today she is your customer seeking a service from you, tomorrow is may be your turn to seek service/product from her or someone closely related to her.(I would narrate a story on this latter).
You are going to have different types of customer. You need to find a way to understand them. The moment that lady customer was willing to part with 22k to have her car serviced, it should tell you that you are dealing with a customer who dies not like to do after sales work or adjustment.
You should have taken care (extra care) that the servicing was done to utmost satisfaction even if u would charge more.
You could offer to get those other things sorted for a fee.( Based on the type of customer you are dealing with.

4. Terms and conditions ( reasonable ones) should be spelt out but this does not mean you should ignore your customer because of these.
If customer have waited so long to get their car with extra delay due to covid-19 virus and lengthened port processing time, you cannot expect a reasonable person to take a total refund as a way to manage a complaint. Repairs for a fee are still your best option and apologize to the customer even after it has been fixed.

Have a general checklist forms of things that are okay with the car, things that are bad and things that need some care and submit well ahead to the customer before the car arrives.
With this you would have communicated with the customer that some repairs would be needed at some point. (It's a tokunbo car not brand new, nothing wrong in this being displayed).

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dicksonadams(m): 6:16am On May 30, 2020
Madam why not just accept the offer to return the car and get refunded ? Remember the car was driven from Lagos to the east and wasn't towed. Though I am happy you have now given the car to a Ford specialist, cause all this kazeem wey don already dey say make you change compressor, repair transmission etc omo me no trust them oh.

It is sad to see you have this sort of buyer's remorse. Please take the refund offer.

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by hebuli: 6:19am On May 30, 2020
Codyella:
Did you react to the one I posted or the picture I posted? Of course not cos you're seeing all these as a form of entertainment. I wrote a review on my personal experience not a reading sensation for you.

And if this is the only thing you understood from my write-up, then I have no business replying you further.

I actually empatize you regarding the car being below your expectations, but at this point I can say you've been saying only half-truths all this while.

You posted a pic of a filter which still proves nothing. I was silent on that because you and amdman were sort of in agreement on that and he said will get back to you on it.

At least substantiate your 100k repairs. Still no.

codyella
: The video I sent you shows a mechanic working on the car in my garage. So don't play dumb.

You know what, I'm done. You can say whatever you want but the truth prevails. Thank you for everything.

amdman
: This again is inaccurate. There is no such video showing any mechanic working on your car.

Please permit us to publish our communication today.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by xreal: 6:21am On May 30, 2020
Lush100:

1. Poor communication.
2. Poor choice of words.
Apologizing is usually the first step
which I didn't CLEARLY see in your response.

[img]https://media1./images/2583b34d7ebbd4eaf33d2bb2da84dda8/tenor.gif?itemid=7725680[/img]
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dicksonadams(m): 6:22am On May 30, 2020
Madam please permit Amdam to post your chat with him... Or you can post yours... We will know who is lying.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by hebuli: 6:25am On May 30, 2020
dicksonadams:
Madam please permit Amdam to post your chat with him... Or you can post yours... We will know who is lying.

She wouldn't answer.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Trillyonaire: 6:39am On May 30, 2020
A car came from Lagos to onitsha and now won't start after a mechanic touched it.

Doesn't that say something?

I've had a mechanic in front of me remove the fuel pump fuse from someone's car so he can bill the person for a new fuel pump assembly.

You're angry and I know we are all hungry and broke misogynists who hate you because "you're a woman" but I see red flags all over your mechanic.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by 1stola: 6:48am On May 30, 2020
amdman:
2009 Mazda 6

250k km

No reported issues

N980k to Naija
I like this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.