Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1169359 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Jesterfly: 6:49am On May 30, 2020
Codyella:
I have done my review. Amdman, you can keep the money. I'm done going back and forth with you on this issue cos I have clearly stated my point. You ripped me off in this car purchase but I believe that karma is real. We all pay for our actions one way or the other. I have learned a big lesson from all this and life goes on. Like I said to those that contacted me, buy at your own risk but hopefully he might improve after all this. I've attached the picture of the filter. It is rusted not dirty.

Madam thank your stars, yours was battery and a recommended mechanic that didn't do what he was paid for, probably he dropped off the work for his boys who did a shaddy job on your car.
Some of us here had it bad, but decided to keep our cool-the guy code thing.
I paid for my Pontiac may/June last year, the car arrived August, it came clean both interior and exterior, admired by everyone who saw her on the road, but na only me wey wear the shoe know where e dey pinch me.
Amdman claimed the car has no rust, in his own words "no rust at all", needs only a kick starter to start, no other issues. Omo, the issues wey that car get ehn, even devil go run leave am,had leaks from the moon roof, na so water go full inside the passenger & driver side whenever it rains or I wash it.
I bought and took a kick starter (9k from ladipo auto market) with me to the port, got a mechanic there to fix it for 4k, alas the car didn't start after fixing it,obviously the kick starter wasn't the issue, had to tow it with 25k to my house cos allowing it to sleep in the port would incur more cost on me. I later got some auto electricians to make it start for 40k.
That was the first phase of trying to bring the car to life, the next phase was fixing the rust underneath the vehicle, I've never seen so much rust on a car in my entire life. Fixed that too to an extend, before the car could stand to an appreciable standard for me.
Every other month from August, I spend nothing less than 50k fixing one issue or the other on the car, the car was a nightmare to me. At a point I even changed top Gasket, cos it got burnt.
I got tired of the car and sold it off at a give away price, when I called Amdman and told him I've sold my Pontiac, his first response was to laugh. I asked him to get me another (knowing fully well what I want & how to go about it this time around), he showed me 2 pix, but ignored me when I told him I want total inspection (underneath videos & pix, suspension, etc).
So madam Codyella, fix what needs fixing and move on, you don't owe anybody a breakdown of what you've fixed or spent on the car, ignore that dingbat who was asking you to explain how you spent the 100k or shut up for life.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by flexyrule(m): 6:57am On May 30, 2020
Now this is getting more interesting.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 7:04am On May 30, 2020
Codyella:
The fact that you don't see anything wrong with what Amdman did is not surprising though. And once again you missed the part where I talked about "nothing to fix except for servicing". I bought the car, do you know what I wanted to do with it the next year? Ofcourse, "crucify her and don't see things from her point of view".

And so flippantly asking me "return the car and take the refund" after keeping my plans stalled for 3 months and the time and resources wasted is actually tasteless. Thanks for your input but no thanks.

You must have missed where I called them on blanket statements about women. Or where I and several others acknowledged his communication lapses.

What is tasteless is not doing your homework

What is tasteless is buying a used car and expecting it to be like new when op has repeated over and over he owns none of these cars and simply helps the purchase process at rock bottom prices

What is tasteless is making unsubstantiated claims and hyperbole

What is tasteless is whining endlessly when you obviously don't want a solution to your problem

What is tasteless is YOU

Thanks for your input but no thanks. Offer rescinded. No need to engage in further communication with me.

14 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by uchman(m): 7:06am On May 30, 2020
Newbreed2018:
As I still dey enjoy my baby one irrelevant woman is talking in the nonsense?

Who takes such Vile woman serious.

Amdman keep doing ur thing jare.

To all we Amdman fans:

Abeg na Hero I want...
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Codyella: 7:13am On May 30, 2020
Thank you for being honest.

Jesterfly:

Madam thank your stars, yours was battery and a recommended mechanic that didn't do what he was paid for, probably he dropped off the work for his boys who did a shaddy job on your car.
I paid for my Pontiac may/June last year, the car arrived August, it came clean both interior and exterior, admired by everyone who saw her on the road, but na only me wey wear the shoe know where e dey pinch me.
Amdman claimed the car has no rust, in his own words "no rust at all", needs only a kick starter to start, no other issues. Omo, the issues wey that car get ehn, even devil go run leave am,had leaks from the moon roof, na so water go full inside the passenger & driver side whenever it rains or I wash it.
I bought and took a kick starter (9k from ladipo auto market) with me to the port, got a mechanic there to fix it for 4k, alas the car didn't start after fixing it,obviously the kick starter wasn't the issue, had to tow it with 25k to my house cos allowing it to sleep in the port would incur more cost on me. I later got some auto electricians to make it start for 40k.
That was the first phase of trying to bring the car to life, the next phase was fixing the rust underneath the vehicle, I've never seen so much rust on a car in my entire life. Fixed that too to an extend, before the car could stand to an appreciable standard for me.
Every other month from August, I spend nothing less than 50k fixing one issue or the other on the car, the car was a nightmare to me. At a point I even changed top Gasket, cos it got burnt.
I got tired of the car and sold it off at a give away price, when I called Amdman and told him I've sold my Pontiac, his first response was to laugh. I asked him to get me another (knowing fully well what I want & how to go about it this time around), he showed me 2 pix, but ignored me when I told him I want total inspection (underneath videos & pix, suspension, etc).
So madam Codyella, fix what needs fixing and move on, you don't owe anybody a breakdown of what you've fixed or spent on the car, ignore that dingbat who was asking you to explain how you spent the 100k or shut up for life.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by uchman(m): 7:19am On May 30, 2020
kuss:
How come no one is seeing things from codylla point of view
100k ontop of tokubo car is not a joke
Besides she is a woman she needs help
For those crucifying her can your wife or Sister order for a car herself?
Telling her to take a refund for a car she has waited for for more than 3 months
Who will pay for the time wasted
If na your wife nko
Wicked men without souls

I wrote somewhere that nobody is to be blamed.

The said car is a Belgium car and not new,
why many is taking side with Amdman is that we all know that he will never sell a lemon car to her.

Everybody go vex in such a situation and Codyella is never to be blamed for complaining...

This matter na small matter to settle and we all dey here since yesterday to settle am...

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by replete(m): 7:22am On May 30, 2020
Lush100:
For over 10 months, he's "probably" working on it.
I sought alternatives because of these poor communication, which I mentioned long enough b4 taking the decision to look elsewhere and here we are , still working on it,
Please stop being sentimental here,
A lot of people will be having negative imagination having over 1Million naira in someone's else's hand and the person does not response to message even under 2 hours.
That's a sign of unseriousness in business and he feels he is doing the person a favour.
Why not it this way, amdman delivers the car to you and waits for his money,
Let's see how gentle his "assistant" will be if no response in 2 days.
Thank you, a lot of people here acting like amdman is doing them a favour.

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by hebuli: 7:25am On May 30, 2020
Jesterfly:

amdman come and explain this.

2 bad reviews already. 3 more on nairaland will probably torpedo your biz here.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by replete(m): 7:26am On May 30, 2020
Jesterfly:

Now this is a man, what do you all assistant Amdman have to say. Is he still making things up? Amdman is just another business man I assure you.

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by izzou(m): 7:27am On May 30, 2020
It took more than 5 pages for people to bash and insult Codyella

What's her offense? An aggrieved customer that dropped a bad review....A woman for that matter angry

Well, we have another one up there. So it will definitely take the next five pages for the forensic fellows to scrutinize and evaluate his review.

Even NGO's Coca-Cola, Google, Michael Jackson all had bad reviews. But it's a Taboo for anyone to complain or say peeem about the Op

Some of you are just pathetic, and you all need to work on your patience and self control

Codyella and Jesterfly owe Nobody here any explanation. If they are aggrieved, let the service provider attend to his customers

You all should learn to type less and listen more

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Lush100(m): 7:30am On May 30, 2020
Ma'am I would have to disagree with you (partially) on this.
And it seem you are overreacting too.

@radautoworks, you are very knowledgeable about cars and anything automobile.
Others have their own field where they are an expert.
You cannot compare her level of knowledge of cars to yours.
Her first home work (though it's actually not the first : the first should be the most reliable brand for Nigerian road and economy) which she got right was to go with buying car from a RELIABLE and trustworthy car dealer. That's why I said partially above.
Amdman as far as I am concerned based in nairaland is.
Even if car is sold at a price u feel.is rock-bottom, you still need to consider the end-user effect and provide solution.
He may not own the cars but as far as business is concerned , he owns the process, he own the brand, he possesses the cars.
As far as business is, it's amdman cars.
Maybe the lady customer expectations were too high, (don't be surprised a lot of people have same expectations but some can manage it, others can't.
A different/better approach could have been used to handle matter.
Ma'am I strongly believe that if it were your own business, you probably wouldn't let it get to this point but u would have charged her more.

Please for the sake of Goodwill , please keep your offer open at least till end of today. Please.

radautoworks:

You must have missed where I called them on blanket statements about women. Or where I and several others acknowledged his communication lapses.

What is tasteless is not doing your homework

What is tasteless is buying a used car and expecting it to be like new when op has repeated over and over he owns none of these cars and simply helps the purchase process at rock bottom prices

What is tasteless is making unsubstantiated claims and hyperbole

What is tasteless is whining endlessly when you obviously don't want a solution to your problem

What is tasteless is YOU

Thanks for your input but no thanks. Offer rescinded. No need to engage in former communication with me.

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by uchman(m): 7:31am On May 30, 2020
easytig:
its either the silly bitch is being sponsored to soil amdman reputation or she is just plain stupid , jeez battry of how much lol.hope the mumu bitch didnt patronise roadside kazeem that want to build house onher head after seeing fresh toks.there will start tampering with variousengine parts. amdman i believe u r very honest no, shaking i stand GIDIGBA withu

Stop calling her a bitch for complaining about the car she just bought...
Mechanism can park up at anytime, nothing in this life is 100% even the life we live,
a day old baby dies even if God himself made us all.

Amdman can not in anyway know all the faults in a car unless driving for a long time...

Do you know that scanners dont show all faults in a car especially those related to Mechanism and not electrical faults.

Calling her a bitch does not sound better, someone that can afford a car of that level will never be a bitch but a hustler...

I apologise to both parties because non of them is to be blamed but the Kazeem mechanic wey set office for Codyella head knowing fully well that she is a lady and know less about car repairs...

Even me wey be Mechanical Engr,
sometimes kazeems still dey chop me office...

Make we leave this matter for Mathias abeg...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by replete(m): 7:39am On May 30, 2020
Jesterfly:
Congratulations on your ride. Na so I happy last August when my Pontiac Torrent arrive.
So Jesterfly you were being sarcastic here right?

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Jesterfly: 7:52am On May 30, 2020
replete:

So Jesterfly you were being sarcastic here right?
No sir. I was only celebrating with you, I didn't give you my full experience. I was also happy at the port, until I started spending like I was cursed with the car.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by julieme: 7:54am On May 30, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Amono: 7:57am On May 30, 2020
Jesterfly:

Guy code? Interesting.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by replete(m): 7:57am On May 30, 2020
Jesterfly:

No sir. I was only celebrating with you, I didn't give you my full experience. I was also happy at the port, until I started spending like I was cursed with the car.
Okay at this point am sure so many other guys have a bad review and have just refused to come up. Please do that to help amdman improve and also help other people about to buy through him.
I always see this whole thing like MMM, good at the beginning to get plenty people but later become a nightmare after getting enough publicity.

10 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by uchman(m): 8:00am On May 30, 2020
Codyella:
Reading through the comments of the hungry and broke mysogynists that are pissed by the fact that a woman has her own voice and refused to be silenced on issues concerning her own money, I simply laugh instead on the reek of insecurities oozing from them. You're pissed cos your wife or sister can't even afford to buy a keke or you can't even afford to buy a tire so my comment intimidated you? Nah, I'm not gonna rub your deflated ego.

You people asked for evidence of the stuffs I bought, I listed it. You people said I'm lying about the car service, I posted a filter. But you guys conveniently ignored those and refused to talk about them and yet asked for receipts and screenshot of my chat with Amdman. Doesn't this show that you are not interested in justifying what happened, instead you just wanted to crucify me cos I'm a woman?!

Telling me it's ordinary battery and stuff is just silly cos clearly you don't understand that changing a Ford Edge battery is not easy and not something you can do at home. Go ahead and browse it. Anyone in onitsha knows that you hardly see Ford mechanics. My only condition with Amdman before buying this car is that "the car should be in good condition" cos I'm not looking for something to fix. If this were a Japanese car, I won't even have any issues cos the mechanics are everywhere. If he had told me the car had issues, I won't have gone for it cos it will not only cost me more to fix it but it will be difficult for me to find a good Ford specialist.

Now, the car won't start and so far, I've only seen one person that knows stuff about the car. How then will I know if he's been truthful or not?! I told Amdman my issues with Ford, still he assured me that I won't work on anything for at least a year except for servicing. Only for him to send the car and it's been one thing or the other and I've not even driven the car for once! To top it off, when I complained to him, he seemed non-chalant about it.

Well, I have written a review on my personal experience, you loyalists can continue saying stuffs about me, I honestly don't care cos you might be in one cubicle typing rubbish and I'm supposed to take offence with your keypad prowess? Lol... Y'all miss me on that bullshit.

I totally understand you because I imports use auto parts and i also sell in Mgbuka Onitsha.

Ford is not Onitsha friendly because onitsha road spoils underneath and the only thing you will constantly be working on in your car is Underneath as long as you are living in Onitsha(Shocks, Hubs, discs, bolt joints, linkages, thyrods, beams, steering knuckles and others)

We only have 2 well known people that deals on Ford parts in the whole Mgbuka Onitsha, Ucheford and no known mechanic that deal on Ford that I know.

If you are living in Onitsha and wants to buy a car, jejely go for Japanese if you dont want headache and most Onitsha Ford users end up selling their cars very cheap because of the headache.

I live in GRA area of Onitsha and I have friends that drives Ford, anytime their cars have problem, the car will remain there and the will keep calling Ucheford and the guy may come and attend to them maybe after 2 days or so because Ucheford needs to attend to customers in his shop first before coming all the way from Mgbuka Obosi to GRA onitsha and that alone is a headache of it own.

If you want to buy Nigerian used cheap Ford cars...

Check Onitsha...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by peeps4u: 8:06am On May 30, 2020
izzou:
It took more than 5 pages for people to bash and insult Codyella

What's her offense? An aggrieved customer that dropped a bad review....A woman for that matter angry

Well, we have another one up there. So it will definitely take the next five pages for the forensic fellows to scrutinize and evaluate his review.

Even NGO's Coca-Cola, Google, Michael Jackson all had bad reviews. But it's a Taboo for anyone to complain or say peeem about the Op

Some of you are just pathetic, and you all need to work on your patience and self control

Codyella and Jesterfly owe Nobody here any explanation. If they are aggrieved, let the service provider attend to his customers

You all should learn to type less and listen more

Codyella should accept the refund offer and not think about the 3 months wasted.
Since she feels the car is a bad market, it will obviously be frequently problematic. No reason holding on to a 'bad' car when she can get refunded now and minimize her loss.

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Amono: 8:07am On May 30, 2020
replete:

Okay at this point am sure so many other guys have a bad review and have just refused to come up. Please do that to help amdman improve and also help other people about to buy through him.
I always see this whole thing like MMM, good at the beginning to get plenty people but later become a nightmare after getting enough publicity.

Are u sponsored by other car dealers?

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by hastane: 8:09am On May 30, 2020
another dealer sponsored smear campaign on the beat.abba kyari will work till he dies again today.

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by uchman(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2020
dicksonadams:
Madam please permit Amdam to post your chat with him... Or you can post yours... We will know who is lying.

We dont need to know who is lying or not,
I understand Codyella because I live in Onitsha too and also Understand Amdman...

Kazeem ripped her off because no known kazeem that work on Ford in Onitsha and if you need their service consigning Ford cars, you will need to ask a question.

How many days did this car run from lagos to Onitsha because if the car has transmission problem, along the way when the car is heated up, the transmission problem would have surfaced which will take the driver some more days to fix, before arriving onitsha...
Maybe the transmission fluid is the culprit here, you know this Mechanics, if you are not around, they will not do what you ask them to do.
You may give them money for 23k transmission fluid and they will end up putting 5k own for you and the rest will be history, that's why they ended up condemning NISSAN MURANO in Nigeria because of transmission fluid which other countries still drive Murano.

Codyella
Did the driver requested for extra money while delivering to fix anything along the way like Transmission?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by replete(m): 8:18am On May 30, 2020
Amono:

Are u sponsored by other car dealers?
Believe me am just a potential customer and honestly it's fraudulent to tell someone a car has no rust and then you discover rust.
At this point I also want to believe amdman have some people here paid to support him.

12 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 8:22am On May 30, 2020
Jesterfly:

A few of the things you mentioned give me an idea who you are and the car you are referring to, and I will respond to you accordingly, as I recall severally calling you to order in respect of the monies you were throwing around.

1. Rust - The car you bought was a 2006 vehicle. There is no way I will tell you that the car has no rust at all. Rather, I would usually indicate whether or not it is something that can be fixed. In your case, I followed through with you to ensure that it was fixed. You went to a bodyshop that billed you N50k to do a shoddy job and even paid them a deposit. Instead, I got you a place (same place I initially referred you to) that did a better job of fixing the rust issues for N15k. Till date, you did not come back to me to complain that you had any other issues with rust.

2. Leaking moonroof - This is the first am hearing of this. Your car arrived in the raining season and leaking moonroof should ordinarily be one of the first things that would be noticeable, yet you never mentioned it until today, even though we continued to chat for almost 6months after your car arrived.

3. Kickstarter - I specifically told you not to buy a kickstarter before the car arrives. That an electrician should check it first so that the proper thing will be done. However, you preferred to follow your own counsel. You later mentioned that you got an electrician to start the car and paid him N30k for labour only. You also mentioned that your electrician checked the car and said it passed all his diagnostic tests and said the car is 100/100.

4. The trouble with your car started when you fell into the hands of Kazeem scammers along Lagos-Benin Expressway when they flagged you down that smoke was coming out of your tyres. They pulled everything apart and scammed you of a tidy sum. By the time you got to Makurdi, you said the engine was overheating and that you went to a mechanic and removed the thermostat and also got an electrician to run the fan direct. My counsel to you to use coolant in your car instead of water was also not followed.

5. Laughing at you - You reached out to me in September that you wanted same car, and I laughed to the effect that you must be enjoying yours. Between then and when we last spoke in March 2020, you received several car options from me (more than 2), and you did not mention that you had sold yours. Infact, up till November, you were still asking me to help you source maintenance parts.

Whilst we always appreciate candid feedback so that we can improve, it is important that it should be factual. If any of my remarks above are untrue, please permit me to buttress them with screenshots of our chat.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by uchman(m): 8:22am On May 30, 2020
Jesterfly:

Totally understood,
Amdman have also delivered much cars that have no issue...

I have been saying this that this is a Mechanism and no one will understand it 100%, there must be mistakes along the line...
Sorry about your review...

Amdman,
I dont know you personally and what a man displays online may not be the actual lifestyle real life...

Bro your customers have started complaining, dont feel relaxed.

Many guys started like you here on Nairaland even some where doing much better but one day monkey go market, e no fit come back...

Nairaland is like one big family.
A cry for one is a cry for all...

Do something fast man...

NA THE MATTER WE DEY SETTLE SINCE YESTERDAY...

14 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by hebuli: 8:24am On May 30, 2020
uchman:

We dont need to know who is lying or not,
I understand Codyella because I live in Onitsha too and also Understand Amdman...

Kazeem ripped her off because no known kazeem that work on Ford in Onitsha and if you need their service consigning Ford cars, you will need to ask a question.

How many days did this car run from lagos to Onitsha because if the car has transmission problem, along the way when the car is heated up, the transmission problem would have surfaced which will take the driver some more days to fix, before arriving onitsha...
Maybe the transmission fluid is the culprit here, you know this Mechanics, if you are not around, they will not do what you ask them to do.
You may give them money for 23k transmission fluid and they will end up putting 5k own for you and the rest will be history, that's why they ended up condemning NISSAN MURANO in Nigeria because of transmission fluid which other countries still drive Murano.

Codyella
Did the driver requested for extra money while delivering to fix anything along the way like Transmission?

I like your objectivity sir. You are wise.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by izzou(m): 8:27am On May 30, 2020
peeps4u:

Codyella should accept the refund offer and not think about the 3 months wasted.
Since she feels the car is a bad market, it will obviously be frequently problematic. No reason holding on to a 'bad' car when she can get refunded now and minimize her loss.

The woman is not asking us to help her recover her money or assist her in any way at all

She dropped a bad review. That's it

Everybody is just helping Amdman do his work, which is not supposed to be so.

We were not there when the chatted, paid and communicated. But here, people are acting like they know all that transpired.

It's so sad that she was insulted by people she had no Business with

15 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 8:28am On May 30, 2020
uchman:

I totally understand you because I imports use auto parts and i also sell in Mgbuka Onitsha.

Ford is not Onitsha friendly because onitsha road spoils underneath and the only thing you will constantly be working on in your car is Underneath as long as you are living in Onitsha(Shocks, Hubs, discs, bolt joints, linkages, thyrods, beams, steering knuckles and others)

We only have 2 well known people that deals on Ford parts in the whole Mgbuka Onitsha, Ucheford and no known mechanic that deal on Ford that I know.

If you are living in Onitsha and wants to buy a car, jejely go for Japanese if you dont want headache and most Onitsha Ford users end up selling their cars very cheap because of the headache.

I live in GRA area of Onitsha and I have friends that drives Ford, anytime their cars have problem, the car will remain there and the will keep calling Ucheford and the guy may come and attend to them maybe after 2 days or so because Ucheford needs to attend to customers in his shop first before coming all the way from Mgbuka Obosi to GRA onitsha and that alone is a headache of it own.

If you want to buy Nigerian used cheap Ford cars...

Check Onitsha...
In other words, you are the ucheford cheesy. Nice advert

18 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by replete(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2020
amdman:

A few of the things you mentioned give me an idea who you are and the car you are referring to, and I will respond to you accordingly, as I recall severally calling you to order in respect of the monies you were throwing around.

1. Rust - The car you bought was a 2006 vehicle. There is no way I will tell you that the car has no rust at all. Rather, I would usually indicate whether or not it is something that can be fixed. In your case, I followed through with you to ensure that it was fixed. You went to a bodyshop that billed you N50k to do a shoddy job and even paid them a deposit. Instead, I got you a place (same place I initially referred you to) that did a better job of fixing the rust issues for N15k. Till date, you did not come back to me to complain that you had any other issues with rust.

2. Leaking moonroof - This is the first am hearing of this. Your car arrived in the raining season and leaking moonroof should ordinarily be one of the first things that would be noticeable, yet you never mentioned it until today, even though we continued to chat for almost 6months after your car arrived.

3. Kickstarter - I specifically told you not to buy a kickstarter before the car arrives. That an electrician should check it first so that the proper thing will be done. However, you preferred to follow your own counsel. You later mentioned that you got an electrician to start the car and paid him N30k for labour only. You also mentioned that your electrician checked the car and said it passed all his diagnostic tests and said the car is 100/100.

4. The trouble with your car started when you fell into the hands of Kazeem scammers along Lagos-Benin Expressway when they flagged you down that smoke was coming out of your tyres. They pulled everything apart and scammed you of a tidy sum. By the time you got to Makurdi, you said the engine was overheating and that you went to a mechanic and removed the thermostat and also got an electrician to run the fan direct. My counsel to you to use coolant in your car instead of water was also not followed.

5. Laughing at you - You reached out to me in September that you wanted same car, and I laughed to the effect that you must be enjoying yours. Between then and when we last spoke in March 2020, you received several car options from me (more than 2), and you did not mention that you had sold yours. Infact, up till November, you were still asking me to help you source maintenance parts.

Whilst we always appreciate candid feedback so that we can improve, it is important that it should be factual. If any of my remarks above are untrue, please permit me to buttress them with screenshots of our chat.

Okay this is good. Amdman discharged and acquited in the case of Jesterfly.
I have also experienced such scam along Benin ore road. I was flagged down for smoke and later buy a shaft head for 15k with abeg something I later bought for 4k in ikoku, port Harcourt.

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by hebuli: 8:33am On May 30, 2020
Interesting days ahead.

I think amdman should post the screenshots of the communication between him and his clients. Damn whatever non-diclosure you are standing by. Your integrity and business is on the line.

Jesterfly , he want your permission to post the screenshots of your chats. Please grant it to him.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by hebuli: 8:35am On May 30, 2020
replete:

Okay this is good. Amdman discharged and acquited in the case of Jesterfly.
I have also experienced such scam along Benin ore road. I was flagged down for smoke and later buy a shaft head for 15k with abeg something I later bought for 4k in ikoku, port Harcourt.

Not so quickly. Not discharged and acquited yet.

Let Jesterfly reply him 1st.

Auto section of Nairaland have seen many cases over the years.

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by blissbliss: 8:44am On May 30, 2020
For those cheering on for private chats to be made public without permissions do not understand it’s a breach of confidentiality.

It takes a matured mind to understand this

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (349) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jideaffo(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.