Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,451 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1166451 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by DonnyE(m): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
erictoonice:
My experience,
I know some people would have had a good experience with amdman but mine was terrible.
I have bought several cars but the one he bought for me was just a scrap.
The body was dead, panel beater had to work on the car, it's like a car worked on by a bad body work man with two tones of same color with the front being another color and back another color. the engine bay is all rusted. had to spray. I had to change the back shocks and the legs were squeaky.
AC not working I spent over 240k on a tokumbo car.
Driver he recommended drove the car from lagos go my location after changing oil, when the car got here, I checked the engine oil the next morning and discovered the oil short and was at the minimum dot, then I filled it up.
I actually got the car for my wife. Fast forward one week I had to travel for three weeks and in two weeks time they called me engine knocked against my wife on the road, when the mechanic checked it, not a drop of oil was in the engine, how possible is that for a new car. I regretted my life.
The said car is a 2008 mitsubishi outlander.
I'll advise anyone buying a car like this it's not worth it, the wait (I waited 5months after payment) and expense, even the price difference isn't much it's even same on many cars here in Nigeria.
If I had bought this car in person with my own inspection I'll never make such mistake.
Learn from my plight!!!
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ifebazz(m): 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2020
Is this still available?

amdman:
2010 Ford Edge Limited

No faults reported

125k miles

N2.8m

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by fergieboy: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
But una they try sha

I go pay money come still wait for like 5 month before I see car haa.. las las e con be scrab .. double wahala

19 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ifebazz:
Is this still available?

No it is sold.

You can reach us on 4372215476 for something similar

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by jamoyakz: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
amdman:

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate that you chose us to help with your car purchase. We put in a lot of work to ensure that the car we get for you meets your purpose, and it is very distressing for us when issues such as these arise.

However, is it correct that the body was dead? We don't think so. Below is the Youtube link to your car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDs3PEbtlZw

While it is possible that scratches may occur during shipment (as the vehicle was shipped in a container), we do not think that happened in your case as your car was the last car in the container and reasonably protected. Nevertheless, the car is not brand new, so fair wear and tear is expected.

We apologize for the experience and will continue to provide support to resolve the issues you are having.

bro you have worked hard to build your image over the past months and over a year. I think your explanation is not enough, the complainant didn't only complain only of scratches in the car rather also the engine, ac and other components of the car.
I honestly hope that there was a mistake somewhere and it should be rectified soonest because I remember sticking my head out for you when that lady from Anambra gave a very bad review of the car she got from you.
also it will make a whole lot of sense to see pictures of the car when it arrived Nigeria shores.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Luak(m): 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2020
[i][/i]
amdman:

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate that you chose us to help with your car purchase. We put in a lot of work to ensure that the car we get for you meets your purpose, and it is very distressing for us when issues such as these arise.

However, is it correct that the body was dead? We don't think so. Below is the Youtube link to your car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDs3PEbtlZw

While it is possible that scratches may occur during shipment (as the vehicle was shipped in a container), we do not think that happened in your case as your car was the last car in the container and reasonably protected. Nevertheless, the car is not brand new, so fair wear and tear is expected.
[b][/b]
We apologize for the experience and will continue to provide support to resolve the issues you are having.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2020
Chai. Tbh. I rather pay extra 200k for a car than to wait for 5 months.
Which kind wahala be this one?

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by erictoonice: 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
Here is the picture of the car when it arrived I didn't bother to take a clear picture I had already deleted these I had to recover it, I didn't see it as a big deal at first but he knew I complained to him when I saw the car at first. If I see a clean car I will not complain. I didn't even see all these as much problems the thing that made me really angry is the engine.
The fenders had lots of dents, and bumper was so rough with lots of showing rivets and it didn't lap, I had to spray the whole car. And the car looked like it had a really bad paint job, so bad, the front of the car had a fading color and the back had a little better color it was as if the sprayed half of the car with a different bad color.

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Getrich47(m): 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2020
AreahCode:
When i tell ppl,buy car by yourself,enter auction export or copart. No they will be defending thjs idiotic bastard greedy fool called amdman. Hahahahahaha. Now see the result,u 4just close eye buy one clean naija used grade A car,no fault. No no,it must be feom abroad and must be from amdman. Hahahahahaha. Congrats on wasting your hard earned money trying to fix another salvaged totally salvaged no hope scrab. Heya 240k wasted minus other expenses. Heya

Soo much bitterness in one post, you just found the perfect trigger to shalaye

19 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Dantedasz(m): 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2020
erictoonice:
My experience,
I know some people would have had a good experience with amdman but mine was terrible.
I have bought several cars but the one he bought for me was just a scrap.
The body was dead, panel beater had to work on the car, it's like a car worked on by a bad body work man with two tones of same color with the front being another color and back another color. the engine bay is all rusted. had to spray. I had to change the back shocks and the legs were squeaky.
AC not working I spent over 240k on a tokumbo car.
Driver he recommended drove the car from lagos go my location after changing oil, when the car got here, I checked the engine oil the next morning and discovered the oil short and was at the minimum dot, then I filled it up.
I actually got the car for my wife. Fast forward one week I had to travel for three weeks and in two weeks time they called me engine knocked against my wife on the road, when the mechanic checked it, not a drop of oil was in the engine, how possible is that for a new car. I regretted my life.
The said car is a 2008 mitsubishi outlander.
I'll advise anyone buying a car like this it's not worth it, the wait (I waited 5months after payment) and expense, even the price difference isn't much it's even same on many cars here in Nigeria.
If I had bought this car in person with my own inspection I'll never make such mistake.
Learn from my plight!!!

Hmmm!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by CheerfulGiver: 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2020
Bros, Wetin this Pikin do you to deserve this kain casting? Chei

22 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dicksonadams(m): 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2020
Please edit the pikin pix out

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by TheStranger: 12:09am On Dec 17, 2020
I pray mine will be a tale of happiness

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 3:03am On Dec 17, 2020
jamoyakz:

bro you have worked hard to build your image over the past months and over a year. I think your explanation is not enough, the complainant didn't only complain only of scratches in the car rather also the engine, ac and other components of the car.
I honestly hope that there was a mistake somewhere and it should be rectified soonest because I remember sticking my head out for you when that lady from Anambra gave a very bad review of the car she got from you.
also it will make a whole lot of sense to see pictures of the car when it arrived Nigeria shores.

We appreciate your support.

The truth is that there are lots of things that could have happened between Lagos and the client’s location deep in the South South as the car has been on the road in Nigeria for over a month.

However, our complaint resolution process does not include blame passing or trying to win an argument with the customer. Our objective is to work with him to resolve the issue at hand. We were already discussing this privately before he came here and are still discussing it, and we expect that the issues will be resolved.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Postingnonsense: 11:21am On Dec 17, 2020
amdman:

We appreciate your support.

The truth is that there are lots of things that could have happened between Lagos and the client’s location deep in the South South as the car has been on the road in Nigeria for over a month.

However, our complaint resolution process does not include blame passing or trying to win an argument with the customer. Our objective is to work with him to resolve the issue at hand. We were already discussing this privately before he came here and are still discussing it, and we expect that the issues will be resolved.

Done with so much humility.

22 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by opyzy(m): 11:24am On Dec 17, 2020
erictoonice:
Here is the picture of the car when it arrived I didn't bother to take a clear picture I had already deleted these I had to recover it, I didn't see it as a big deal at first but he knew I complained to him when I saw the car at first. If I see a clean car I will not complain. I didn't even see all these as much problems the thing that made me really angry is the engine.
The fenders had lots of dents, and bumper was so rough with lots of showing rivets and it didn't lap, I had to spray the whole car. And the car looked like it had a really bad paint job, so bad, the front of the car had a fading color and the back had a little better color it was as if the sprayed half of the car with a different bad color.
I saw this car when I went to Tincan to pick my own vehicle, it was the first car that was offloaded from the container and I saw a clean vehicle, the car must have gotten the dents and rough bumper at the yard, I saw with my eyes how those guys that offload vehicles treat cars there, despite my supervision, they still scratched my bonnet.. But it's only natural to face Amdman, no person will see his vehicle after a long wait in such condition and be happy.
I'll advise anyone here that have purchased vehicle to supervise the offloading, those yard boys no get joy o

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ogbadibo80: 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2020
Wow

Where is the energy from past posts?Pages where customer's complaints were dissected,analysed and dismissed by fiery supporters?Is the favourite car seller on his own now?So soon?

Where people have offered to buy the said cars off complainants.Where mechanics have come out to give detailed explanations of why oil will suddenly disappear and how it will have been impossible for the said tokunbo car to have the engine knock due to it being a bad buy because ofcourse,buyer might never have owned a car before and therefore will not know how to even use the dipstick?

Energy please.....energy

Energy where it was stated that it is impossible to buy a tokunbo car and not spend some money on it,therefore we are supposed to shout down buyer for complaining that he spent ordinary 240k for AC as if he is the only one that have spent money....energy

Fact is,nobody seems to have done the sort of job amdman is doing on this forum albeit with open handedness,finesse,calm,honesty and whatever adjective there is

He has set the bar so far high that it might be very impossible for other car dealers to meet up.He is the messiah,who has made it possible for people to have clean cars that probably would have been pieces of junk if sourced locally.His passion is not in doubt,and ofcourse he can only get better. But while we collectively praise him to high heavens,let's collectively console those that have got bad deals,while imploring importer to own up to his mistakes too.We have all returned to our shell,waiting to see "closed deals" so we can add likes and also comment "I told you so"....We are not helping our guy

Some of us cannot wrap our heads around AC and engine complaints that had video of body as response...It is not our business per se,but then,haba??the sequel of reminding buyer that anything could have happened to a car between Lagos and the deep ravines of the south south,despite you providing the driver is a slap on the collective intelligence of we your ardent followers.How a car got to owner from Lagos and there was little or no oil at the point of receipt is a huge low.After waiting five months?

If we cannot offer landing support that includes container offloading mishaps,let's start doing it now to forestall the talk of multiple colours on different sides of newly imported tokunbo cars

it's a blip.It will only leave a mark and not a dent on the image of amdman.But we shouldn't just sweep it under the carpet.

May God bless us all

21 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by pussiboner: 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2020
Ogbadibo80:
Wow

Where is the energy from past posts?Pages where customer's complaints were dissected,analysed and dismissed by fiery supporters?Is the favourite car seller on his own now?So soon?

Where people have offered to buy the said cars off complainants.Where mechanics have come out to give detailed explanations of why oil will suddenly disappear and how it will have been impossible for the said tokunbo car to have the engine knock due to it being a bad buy because ofcourse,buyer might never have owned a car before and therefore will not know how to even use the dipstick?

Energy please.....energy

Energy where it was stated that it is impossible to buy a tokunbo car and not spend some money on it,therefore we are supposed to shout down buyer for complaining that he spent ordinary 240k for AC as if he is the only one that have spent money....energy

Fact is,nobody seems to have done the sort of job amdman is doing on this forum albeit with open handedness,finesse,calm,honesty and whatever adjective there is

He has set the bar so far high that it might be very impossible for other car dealers to meet up.He is the messiah,who has made it possible for people to have clean cars that probably would have been pieces of junk if sourced locally.His passion is not in doubt,and ofcourse he can only get better. But while we collectively praise him to high heavens,let's collectively console those that have got bad deals,while imploring importer to own up to his mistakes too.We have all returned to our shell,waiting to see "closed deals" so we can add likes and also comment "I told you so"....We are not helping our guy

Some of us cannot wrap our heads around AC and engine complaints that had video of body as response...It is not our business per se,but then,haba??the sequel of reminding buyer that anything could have happened to a car between Lagos and the deep ravines of the south south,despite you providing the driver is a slap on the collective intelligence of we your ardent followers.How a car got to owner from Lagos and there was little or no oil at the point of receipt is a huge low.After waiting five months?

If we cannot offer landing support that includes container offloading mishaps,let's start doing it now to forestall the talk of multiple colours on different sides of newly imported tokunbo cars

it's a blip.It will only leave a mark and not a dent on the image of amdman.But we shouldn't just sweep it under the carpet.

May God bless us all

True words...

Good businesses thrives on good customer support and rapport.

He clearly doesn't care, more like he is doing you a favor. His responses to issues are below par and devoid of empathy.

I wonder what business man doesn't want to have more clients and high recommendation. People complain of no response or delayed response on WhatsApp, while his gullible "sheeples" would say only serious buyers...

I don't think he is a serious business man. With what he has in ground, he is capable of having employees and having a sound and stable business.

Well... His choice though undecided

19 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by tropaz(m): 10:09am On Dec 19, 2020
pussiboner:

True words...

Good businesses thrives on good customer support and rapport.

He clearly doesn't care, more like he is doing you a favor. His responses to issues are below par and devoid of empathy.

I wonder what business man doesn't want to have more clients and high recommendation. People complain of no response or delayed response on WhatsApp, while his gullible "sheeples" would say only serious buyers...

I don't think he is a serious business man. With what he has in ground, he is capable of having employees and having a sound and stable business.

Well... His choice though undecided

Let us be calming down please.
Don't conclude he's nonchalant. I think he's trying his best. Customer's satisfaction is the toughest part of any sales transaction.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by erictoonice: 10:41am On Dec 19, 2020
Ogbadibo80:
Wow

Energy please.....energy

May God bless us all
I'm not a car novice I've owned more than 10 cars, I've had issues with newly bought cars even this year I bought a tokumbo car and the engine started making knocking sound after a week that was the only problem after changing the engine the car was perfect. I complained to the seller and without even telling him he sent me half the money for an engine that I bought almost 800k. I'm not satisfied with how amdam does business immediately I saw the car I complained to him and he knows. Let's be sincere will you buy a tokumbo car withy AC even a Nigerian used car will hardly sell without AC.
I'm very angry with this car cos it's a total waste of money the engine has been changed now there are several problems with the car the gear doesn't change more than gear 3 the car is still with the mechanic trying to fish those issues.
When the mechanic removed the bad engine from the car he complained as hell that why will I buy that kind of scab as tokumbo ever thing in the hood was rusted, even the shock, most of the bolt broke off cos of rust. A panel beater had to find a way to loosen all the bolts I bought new set of bolts everything in that car is frustrating I swear I'm very ashamed of that car imagine you buying a car for your wife and it came out to be scrab I'm really angry and ashamed.

17 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by 2cribz: 10:54am On Dec 19, 2020
Pls my guy i beg you in the name of my client,pls stop work on that car ,close eye and sell it off maybe 700k. Just see it as investment gone bad. Next time find one clean Hyundai or accord evilspirit buy give your wife than this trash .rust na the worst damage that can happen to a car,even accidented car wey no reach engine damage get value pass rusted car .p
erictoonice:

I'm not a car novice I've owned more than 10 cars, I've had issues with newly bought cars even this year I bought a tokumbo car and the engine started making knocking sound after a week that was the only problem after changing the engine the car was perfect. I complained to the seller and without even telling him he sent me half the money for an engine that I bought almost 800k. I'm not satisfied with how amdam does business immediately I saw the car I complained to him and he knows. Let's be sincere will you buy a tokumbo car withy AC even a Nigerian used car will hardly sell without AC.
I'm very angry with this car cos it's a total waste of money the engine has been changed now there are several problems with the car the gear doesn't change more than gear 3 the car is still with the mechanic trying to fish those issues.
When the mechanic removed the bad engine from the car he complained as hell that why will I buy that kind of scab as tokumbo ever thing in the hood was rusted, even the shock, most of the bolt broke off cos of rust. A panel beater had to find a way to loosen all the bolts I bought new set of bolts everything in that car is frustrating I swear I'm very ashamed of that car imagine you buying a car for your wife and it came out to be scrab I'm really angry and ashamed.

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dicksonadams(m): 10:57am On Dec 19, 2020
Sorry boss things like this do happen sometime,
I once had an issue with an accord I bought from amdman December last year, the guys that offloaded it from the container messed up the body parts, saw some unexpected rust, car overheated on way home , I reached out to him and we worked out something, got a solution and moved on,
I hope you guys found a middle ground and move on. God bless you both
erictoonice:

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ahmadjr(m): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
Good day Amdman

how much can you get a Camry 2012/2010 (push start ignition) please?

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2020
dicksonadams:
Sorry boss things like this do happen sometime,
I once had an issue with an accord I bought from amdman December last year, the guys that offloaded it from the container messed up the body parts, saw some unexpected rust, car overheated on way home , I reached out to him and we worked out something, got a solution and moved on,
I hope you guys found a middle ground and move on. God bless you both
I didn't know you bought! Congrats man cheesy

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by pussiboner: 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
tropaz:

Let us be calming down please.
Don't conclude he's nonchalant. I think he's trying his best. Customer's satisfaction is the toughest part of any sales transaction.

Have u bought a car from amdman before?

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Freciprocal: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
2cribz:
Pls my guy i beg you in the name of my client,pls stop work on that car ,close eye and sell it off maybe 700k. Just see it as investment gone bad. Next time find one clean Hyundai or accord evilspirit buy give your wife than this trash .rust na the worst damage that can happen to a car,even accidented car wey no reach engine damage get value pass rusted car .p

@ erictoonice... Kindly take the above advice, as u would never find satisfaction with the car. It's quite unfortunate it happened to you as every other person had testified to his cars being ok.

God would provide the means to get another car that would give you Joy.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by tropaz(m): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
pussiboner:

Have u bought a car from amdman before?

I intend procuring a ford edge via his service by January. He has offered me a Pontiac Torrent and Audi Q7 in the past but I couldn't meet up with the payment before some other people picked up the two SUVs.
Moreover, I'm not saying he's perfect, but to be realistic, he's trying his best to make amends where necessary.
I hope we are cool sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by pussiboner: 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2020
tropaz:

I intend procuring a ford edge via his service by January. He has offered me a Pontiac Torrent and Audi Q7 in the past but I couldn't meet up with the payment before some other people picked up the two SUVs.
Moreover, I'm not saying he's perfect, but to be realistic, he's trying his best to make amends where necessary.
I hope we are cool sir.

Just a piece of advice...

I don't know if he still does video inspection, its best you pay for that first before any commitments.

That way, you get to see exactly what you are paying for. The engine, under body, and the rest.

This way you would be comfortable with your purchase with respect to price.

Good luck Bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by tropaz(m): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2020
pussiboner:

I don't know if he still does video inspection, its best you pay for that first before any commitments.

That way, you get to see exactly what you are paying for. The engine, under body, and the rest.

Good luck Bro

God no go shame us all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
pussiboner:

Good luck Bro

Best response in a while.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.