Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism (38302 Views)

Lady Drops Suicidal Thoughts On Facebook Over Her Complicated Relationship. / Nigerian Prostitute Who Lied About Schooling In UK Exposed By Ghana Police / Nigerian Man "Toluwani" Schooling In Canada Declared Missing By Family. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by HeyCorleone(m): 12:57am On May 05, 2019
maybachmusic:
Tribalism in Nigeria

Is worse than racism

If I dey lie. Dream of working in some places in Nigeria and you will know its almost impossible

God bless you for this. May your days be long.

Even here on Nairaland, you see so much hate among tribes. This one calls that one Igbo. The other replies with Afonja. And I'm supposed to be irritated by someone calling me nigger? Hell no.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by igmacco(m): 5:37am On May 05, 2019
gypsey:
NO, you have never come Across Anyone like me, You are too Uncivilised and Ignorant to be able do that. I can bet my ass you don't live in Australia, grin I was Born in the eighties England i grew up Amongst white people, I went to school in East london with white children, i was married to 2 white women, divorced twice. my children are mixed black/white.

Tell me something i don't know about racism or Discrimination.. grin

I have played the racism and Discrimination card Countless times.

I am married to white, have a mixed child as well... I won’t differ from my previous comment.

You have a way of dealing white yours and i have mine.

If u were born there doesn’t mean u know it all. African Americans have being dealing with racism before u were born till today.

I have lived in Japan3 years, Malaysia 5 Australia 5 years. I no be journey just come.

Park well jooh.. we don meet ur type tire

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by igmacco(m): 5:47am On May 05, 2019
kayjay69:
And you have said it all, exactly the way it needs to be said.

See the truth of the matter is it is a white man's world. They invented Nepotism and Racism. It is a tool they have used over the years to their advantage and to the disadvantage of other coloured folks.

Now I wish that coloured people (Africans, Indians and other nationals) could unite on the basis of this. But then you see us jostling to get ahead in line of who will be the white man's b***h. Forgive me to say but this is common with lighter skinned blacks and Indians, some of whom feel the colour of their skin makes them more like the white man and less like the black man. So they gravitate ignorantly toward their master whilst casting aspersions on others who they consider to be inferior. This is probably the basis of the heavily reviled caste system in India and South Africa. The whiter your skin colour, the better your chances in life.

But away from all of that, in my opinion the key solution to stopping racism is to develop our own and love our own. I know it's difficult to do cause on one hand we have African leadership who are basically advanced slaves, rich through stolen wealth but still slaves, they think they are wise but really they are slaves. Cos a slave always has a master and they take their orders from the powers that be, the ones who installed them or keeps them installed and helps them launder and keep their ill-gotten wealth. On the other hand, the masses who are slaves, some by choice and others by condition. The onus falls to all of us in society who do not fall into these two categories, who know better through exposure, who have been victims of racism but would like something better for our people.

To go into how we can do about the aforementioned will be lengthy and I do not wish to take away anything from the person I am quoting but the bottom line is we must love ourselves and this will take on various forms. It's a hard thing to do really but I think it starts from there. We won't get it right in a generation, maybe not in three but if we are determined we will get it right in the end. Unfortunately the evidence on ground suggests the opposite cos for us to even have a chance at getting things right we ought to be headed in the right direction, that isn't even happening.
So such cases as the lady in the video and many more will happen, I guess it will just have to be a case of putting up with whatever comes. Canada is still better compared to a whole lot of other countries. It's not also confined to blacks vs whites. For example, the Japanese are heavily racist toward the Koreans and Chinese how do you explain that. Germans toward other Europeans they refer to as inferior. And no matter what, there will still continue to exist pockets of racist behaviour here and there. My advice to my peeps in diaspora is to hold your head up, realise it's a white man's world and just keep doing what you do. Good thing is not all white people are racist, I guess one just has to hope to across the good ones.

Thanks for this wonderful comment. Unlike username gypsy mr know it all. If blacks that have been in America for 100 years is still crying over racism. Na we Africans dem go pitty

We have nice white fellas, i can’t deny that. I have come across wonderful friends, work colleagues and my sweet boss.

They once ask me, how do i handle racism. I rebuffed the question with a smile.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Nobody: 8:46am On May 05, 2019
igmacco:

I am married to white, have a mixed child as well... I won’t differ from my previous comment.

You have a way of dealing white yours and i have mine.

If u were born there doesn’t mean u know it all. African Americans have being dealing with racism before u were born till today.

I have lived in Japan3 years, Malaysia 5 Australia 5 years. I no be journey just come.

Park well jooh.. we don meet ur type tire
You are still Ignorant and uncivilised. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Nobody: 8:49am On May 05, 2019
kposcas2:

Just saying, did he mention that Africa is brilliant or u just jea......
Is this Rubbish supposed to make sense?
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by LINTUNE(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2019
otipoju:
The key to dealing with white folks is never to defer to them from the very beginning.

I lived in the same house with them for 6 months...my land lady had to tell me one day that " you do carry yourself with some pride " I tell am straight..." You dont know what you are missing by not being from Africa and you'll never know."

wow cool
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by igmacco(m): 8:57am On May 05, 2019
gypsey:
You are still Ignorant and uncivilised. cheesy

We are in a forum, where everyone voice there opinions... oga na by force say i go agree with ur comment.

I reckon u are the ignorant one here.

Anyway wetin i know sef
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by kikuyu1(m): 9:39am On May 05, 2019
law001:
English people are the most subtle racists!

They have this default smile that will make you think they're being friendly.

Move to them and see the sudden change of facial expression.

This! This! This! They're just polite and passive aggressive and not knowing their nature you'd never know how triple faced Johnny Brit is in all ways.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Nobody: 11:51am On May 05, 2019
@igmacco. Are you still in Cairns? Check your mail pls. Cheers
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Amujale(m): 12:10pm On May 05, 2019
HeyCorleone:

God bless you for this. May your days be long.

Even here on Nairaland, you see so much hate among tribes. This one calls that one Igbo. The other replies with Afonja. And I'm supposed to be irritated by someone calling me nigger? Hell no.

Because you're obvioisly ignorant and uninformed.

I dont care if you're white, yellow, purple or green you cannot call me a N***er and leave my domot looking happy. Probably a right-cross to the earlobe will put such a person in their place.

Put the effort into studying African history and you will see things from the real and true perspective.

Tribalism is a Eurocentric terminology, what you probably are refering to is "discrimination".

Discrimination is a vile evil.

Discrimination is discrimination stop calling it tribalism.

Africans dont have tribes. Europe has tribes.

Africa has ethnicities or what some refer to as ethnic brothers and sisters.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Amujale(m): 12:15pm On May 05, 2019
Africans are allowing Asians and Europeans to define who we are.

Nonsense!

Africans are meant to define ourselves.

Put all you have learnt about African history according to foreigners rhetoric and or scholarship into the intellectual bin.

And strive to research the true African history in accordance with African scholarship.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Amujale(m): 12:19pm On May 05, 2019
Africa is the oldest and richest continent on the planet.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Amujale(m): 12:19pm On May 05, 2019
Humanity began in Africa.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Amujale(m): 12:21pm On May 05, 2019
Civilisation started in Africa.

African people are the first in the world to have experienced civilisation.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Amujale(m): 12:25pm On May 05, 2019
Stop fighting over trivial stuff.

Theres some much all us Africans can fight for, trivial stuff isnt one of them.

All African should unite and pull in the same progressive direction.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Amujale(m): 12:30pm On May 05, 2019
Most humans today are blinded from the truth about African history.

Africans cannot be blinded to the truth about African history, because our progression is highly dependant it.

In all fairness, after all said and done, Africans will eventually re-affirm our place in the world as the global leaders that we truly are.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by HeyCorleone(m): 2:53pm On May 05, 2019
Amujale:

Because you're obvioisly ignorant and uninformed.

I dont care if you're white, yellow, purple or green you cannot call me a N***er and leave my domot looking happy. Probably a right-cross to the earlobe will put such a person in their place.

Put the effort into studying African history and you will see things from the real and true perspective.

Tribalism is a Eurocentric terminology, what you probably are refering to is "discrimination".

Discrimination is a vile evil.

Discrimination is discrimination stop calling it tribalism.

Africans dont have tribes. Europe has tribes.

Africa has ethnicities or what some refer to as ethnic brothers and sisters.

So tribalism is discrimination. Wha about racism?

And do you dare deny the existence of tribes in Africa? Do you even have any idea what tribe means?

And it's so unfortunate that my point literally went over your head. Everyday in Nigeria here, we suffer one form of discrimination or the other. Even within the continent. Look at the South African case. In Angola last week, a Nigerian was stoned to death for being more successful than other Angolans.

So why should I be worried about how I'd be perceived by whites when even those with the same skin colour like mine would readily hang me for speaking a different language or sharing a different religion?
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Amujale(m): 3:14pm On May 05, 2019
cry
HeyCorleone:

So tribalism is discrimination. Wha about racism?

And do you dare deny the existence of tribes in Africa? Do you even have any idea what tribe means?

And it's so unfortunate that my point literally went over your head. Everyday in Nigeria here, we suffer one form of discrimination or the other. Even within the continent. Look at the South African case. In Angola last week, a Nigerian was stoned to death for being more successful than other Angolans.

So why should I be worried about how I'd be perceived by whites when even those with the same skin colour like mine would readily hang me for speaking a different language or sharing a different religion?

I sympathize with the points you raise here, i realy does. I am a Nigerian also and get you loud and clear. And i apologise for overlooking the bigger picture of your initial article.

I agree with you that there is discrimination everywhere in the world today, including Nigeria.
Anywhere in the world today, there is discrimination in our workplace, on the street, in places of learning e.t c

Although some actions are innocent banter, however most people that engage in the type of activities you emphasize to the extreem are called bigots.

I hate bigots with a unique kind of passion. And i continuously battle against bigots and their ideologies.

Most bigots are bullies, so you deal with them in the same way you would deal with a bully.

(a) hold your ground.
(b) involve an elderly person
(c) involve the police
(d) study law

However, always call a spade, a spade. Call an ace, an ace.

Call out descrimination anywhere it rears its ugly head. Call it out by name DISCRIMINATION, dont mask it with fancy terminology.

These fancy terminologies that have been imposed into the way we speak, are allegories and those type of terms have been intentionally created with the sole purpose of making greater damage to the sociological framework of their intended audience.

Therefore, the term "racism" is incorrectly used to mean discrimination, as is the term "tribalism".

Both are infact weaponised terminologies; allegories.

These terms are NOT to be used anymore, are to be forgotten and thrown into the lexicon's shreder for recycling.

What is an allegory? An allegory is a terminology that
can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning. typically a political one. i.e the term "race" used to describe peoples from different backgrounds is a socio-scientific construct that has NO real meaning outside of the social sciences
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by kposcas2: 9:29pm On May 05, 2019
gypsey:
Is this Rubbish supposed to make sense?

Clap for yourself �
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Gudiza(m): 9:43pm On May 05, 2019
Amujale:
Africans are allowing Asians and Europeans to define who we are.
Nonsense!
Africans are meant to define ourselves.
Put all you have learnt about African history according to foreigners rhetoric and or scholarship into the intellectual bin.
And strive to research the true African history in accordance with African scholarship.

are u for real? so, we as nigerians should define ourselves as what? Muslims, Christians, Hause/fulani, Northerner? What exactly? how about the not-so-hidden 'jihadist' agenda..... going by your analogy, I will consider 'jihad' an allegory which is to say a fancy word for brutal and mindless slaughter.

anyway, maybe if we can separate 'true' africans from brainwashed religious dogs. only then can we get that sense of definition.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Amujale(m): 10:05pm On May 05, 2019
Gudiza:

anyway, maybe if we can separate 'true' africans from brainwashed religious dogs. only then can we get that sense of definition.

Exactly, that will go a long way to help realise our true African credentials, Identity.

We need to move in the same direction, but with manufactured religions on the loose, that makes things that much harder.

Africanism is what we all need to rally around.
Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Tunagee(m): 3:11am On May 06, 2019
otipoju:
The key to dealing with white folks is never to defer to them from the very beginning.

I lived in the same house with them for 6 months...my land lady had to tell me one day that " you do carry yourself with some pride " I tell am straight..." You dont know what you are missing by not being from Africa and you'll never know."

Wow! Love this comment!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Schooling In Canada, Cries Out Over Alleged Suicidal Level Racism by Tunagee(m): 3:13am On May 06, 2019
otipoju:

Great feedback!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How They Were Tricked/Robbed During A 40k "Runs" Trip To Uyo (Vid) / Customs Officer Killed After Raiding Smugglers’ Hideout In Ogun. Photos / “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.