Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

Novel-shades Of Bitter Revenge - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Novel-shades Of Bitter Revenge (374 Views)

REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / Shades Of Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Novel-shades Of Bitter Revenge by Barbiegirl58: 8:38am On May 05, 2019
Chapter 4
Kyle realised he was extremely nervous as he walked into the Summer's compound. He tried to look as simple as possible wearing a tie-less white shirt that he left first two buttons open with a navy blue jacket . He greeted one or two people he had met around as he tried to scan the area for Christina. A waiter stopped to offer him a glass of champagne which he declined . But while he turned down the offer his eyes landed on someone talking in a group.

Christina.
Since she wasn't looking, Kyle let his eyes linger for a moment. Admittedly he didn't know alot about women's fashion, but he assumed that her blue dress sported some fancy designer label. And whatever she'd spent, it was worth every damn penny.  The dress cut asymmetrically across her legs and one ruffled sleeve draped teasingly off her right shoulder with a combination of red high heels she had on. The look was both classy, hot and sexy as hell.
  She kept her hand on the right side of her hips as she talked to a couple who looked old enough to be her parents. The couple were engrossed in what she was saying. As if sensing Kyle's gaze, she looked over and caught his eye.
  There was something about her eyes. The glitter in it seemed to change in the twinkle of an eye. One moment there was this glitter of happiness and spark of joy bit in the twinkle of an eye it was all gone. He tried his best to care, he had just one mission to complete and slip away as easily as he slipped into town. She smiled at him and quickly turned to continue get discussion
  For the next half hour, he did the rounds introducing himself to those who cared to listen, making polite conversations. Then there was a clinking of glasses as a man he guessed as Christina's father moved to the center of the terrace to make a toast. The people who'd been mingling out on the lawn came closer. There seemed to be alot of people at the party.
  "Caroline and I want to thank all of you for coming out tonight," He began, with the air of confidence of a man used to speaking in front of others. " it's wonderful and amazing that so many of you could join me and my family on this occasion, I feel like I've gathered the whole town"
  The crowd broke out in laughter.
  "When I was first given the Burrety case, after Burrety was caught, the man who haunted our dreams for so many years. " he paused,  them continued, " I hesitated because his son was one of the best lawyer in town but on a second thought this town deserved some justice after what he had put people through," He took a deep breath, " we won the case and Burrety as been put behind bars"
  The whole crowd started clapping and he continued after the crowd had quieted, "so for that I want thank you all for your support. Drink til you are drunk, there's enough room in my house for y'all.
The crowd laughed again, "I hope there are also pretty ladies for us too,."Somebody shouted from the crowd.
The crowd laughed again.
Jack lifted his glass,"So with that I'd like to toast to success".
  "To success " Everyone shouted as they clinked their glasses of champagne.
The crowd broke off into various groups, chatting and mingling. Seeing that he had no one else to talk to, he decided to check out the gardens. He headed for the stairs and as luck will have it, he met the lady he'd been dying to have a conversation with all night.
         Christina!!.

(1) (Reply)

Excerpts From The Daily Stoic / Give Me My Child / Suicide Is An Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.