Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Peace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peace (1075 Views)

Ex-muslim Ishaku Exposes Buhari's Plan To Islamize Nigeria / Why Muslims Have A Right To Islamize Nigeria – Catholic Bishop, Badejo / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peace by Nobody: 8:53am On May 05, 2019
No

1 Like

Re: Peace by Nobody: 9:24am On May 05, 2019
You are not wrong but they don't seem to get it right: it cannot work in Nigeria.
Re: Peace by Nwaikuku2(m): 10:54am On May 05, 2019
That day Nigeria will break into 2

1 Like

Re: Peace by orisa37: 4:07pm On May 05, 2019
In Kaduna, Christian Communities are given Electricity and Water 30 minutes in every 12 hours.

1 Like

Re: Peace by Ajibolatao(m): 7:36pm On May 05, 2019
Lemme do you the favour of commenting on this thread.
Your conspiracy theories will only end on the screens of our phones. Who is forcing who to put on hijab? Was the Arabic writing on the flag just added? And besides, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Arabic writing on the flag. There are English letters on everything that has to do with Nigeria despite the fact that those who brought Christianity to Nigeria were Englishmen.
Once again, your effort is DOA.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 05, 2019
Udo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peace by payosehtor(m): 9:35pm On May 05, 2019
thank God you said the " near future" which means it has not started in real life
Re: Peace by Ajibolatao(m): 9:59pm On May 05, 2019
OnyeOmenala:

You're an ignoramus,
You Yoruba Muslims are quick to defend the evil done by the North,
How can you say there is nothing wrong with Arabic on Nigeria army flag, like I said more than 95% of Nigerian don't know what's written on the flag and you say it's okay.

Who told you that English people brought Christianity to Southern Nigeria?.
Nigeria is Anglophone, our National Language is English, British colonized Nigeria,
You Muslims reason like goats

Yes, I am an ignoramus but at least, I'm not ignorant to the level of ending my sentences with commas.

I see myself as a Muslim and not "Yoruba Muslim". I believe there are evils done in the North all in the name of Islam, but what I addressed were not part of them.

Mr. "Genius", kindly provide any proof to back up your claim of more than 95% of the population not knowing the meaning of the writings. If you can't, then we know who is actually ignorant.

Your last statement makes no sense. The missionaries brought Christianity to Nigeria and they were English speakers.

Lastly, your choice of words only shows the quality of your trainings.

1 Like

Re: Peace by grandstar(m): 10:12pm On May 05, 2019
OnyeOmenala:

You're an ignoramus,
How can you say there is nothing wrong with Arabic on Nigeria army flag, like I said more than 95% of Nigerian don't know what's written on the flag and you say it's okay.

Nigeria is Anglophone, our National Language is English, British colonized Nigeria,

Yoruba is Yoruba. There's nothing like Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba Christian.

Most Yoruba Muslims are secular. The guy that took care of my mum was an Alfa but he loves hot drinks

Wizkids father is Muslim and the mum Christian , same with Fashola. Yourubas are not divided by religion.

2 Likes

Re: Peace by grandstar(m): 9:45am On May 06, 2019
Ajibolatao:

Yes, I am an ignoramus but at least, I'm not ignorant to the level of ending my sentences with commas.

I see myself as a Muslim and not "Yoruba Muslim". I believe there are evils done in the North all in the name of Islam, but what I addressed were not part of them.

Mr. "Genius", kindly provide any proof to back up your claim of more than 95% of the population not knowing the meaning of the writings. If you can't, then we know who is actually ignorant.

Your last statement makes no sense. The missionaries brought Christianity to Nigeria and they were English speakers.

Lastly, your choice of words only shows the quality of your trainings.

I keep telling these guys that religion does not divide Yoruba's. There's nothing like Yoruba Muslim but they never listen

2 Likes

Re: Peace by omohayek: 9:55am On May 06, 2019
grandstar:

I keep telling these guys that religion does not divide Yoruba's. There's nothing like Yoruba Muslim but they never listen
I think the real significance of the phrase is how it betrays the sheer extent of the bigotry of those who spout it: in their eyes, being "Yoruba" and "Muslim" are both intrinsically bad things, therefore being both at once must somehow be an abomination. To religiously intolerant, rampaging tribalists who see no contradiction in routinely playing the blameless victim while unceasingly bragging about their (purely imaginary) superiority to everyone else, it is simply inconceivable that Yoruba people should have no problem getting along while professing different religions, as such restraint and tolerance for differing opinions is unknown to said bigots.

It is no accident that the PDP has become akin to a religion in certain parts of the country, to be supported unthinkingly whatever the performance of its politicians, as this attitude stems from the same psychological wellsprings as that which continuously imagines a non-existent religious conflict between Yorubas. Blind PDP support has simply joined faux-"Christianity" as yet another marker of tribal affiliation, divorced from all thought about any deeper significance.

3 Likes

Re: Peace by ABCthings: 1:00pm On May 06, 2019
0ppa:
You are not wrong but they don't seem to get it right: it cannot work in Nigeria.
IT CAN!
Re: Peace by ABCthings: 1:04pm On May 06, 2019
Ajibolatao:
Your conspiracy theories will only end on the screens of our phones. Who is forcing who to put on hijab? Was the Arabic writing on the flag just added? And besides, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Arabic writing on the flag. There are English letters on everything that has to do with Nigeria despite the fact that those who brought Christianity to Nigeria were Englishmen.
An iota of sense would have saved you from txping this nonesense cry
Re: Peace by Ajibolatao(m): 2:35pm On May 06, 2019
ABCthings:
An iota of sense would have saved you from txping this nonesense cry

Thank you for that. I could also use foul words to reply you but conversely, I had a good home training.
Re: Peace by Uyi168: 3:21pm On May 06, 2019
Nigeria being islamized gradually..
What's Yahweh and Co doing about it

1 Like

Re: Peace by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 06, 2019
Ajibolatao:

English is our recognized language in Nigeria, Arabic isnt
Re: Peace by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 06, 2019
grandstar:

There are yoruba Muslims
Re: Peace by Ajibolatao(m): 6:31pm On May 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

English is our recognized language in Nigeria, Arabic isnt

I agree with you bro. The Arabic writing on the flag is obviously for the representation of Muslims and Islam. I was only replying to the post of the OP.

The writings on the flag whether it is in Arabic or English doesn't change a thing. After all, it's being there since a long time ago and nothing has happened.

What I'm more concerned about is the accusations of the OP. There are cases especially in the Southwest where students can't attend government schools on hijab. This is despite high courts ruling against such act and the schools being financed by the taxes paid by citizens which include Muslim parents. Yet, nobody is putting out claims that Nigeria is being "Christianized". Until recently, nobody would be called to bar on hijab. Yet, there is no claim of "christianizing" Nigeria.

We need to be ready to accommodate ourselves. In 4 to 5 years from now, the OP would just look back at some of his posts and realize that the religion intolerance game that he wants to play doesn't interest the educated folks.

1 Like

Re: Peace by grandstar(m): 6:43pm On May 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

There are yoruba Muslims

Yes, there are Yoruba Muslims but not in the context outsiders who don't know Yoruba's use them

Yoruba's whether Muslim or Christian see themselves as one. Yoruba's Muslim vote as Yoruba's and not as Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Peace by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 06, 2019
Ajibolatao:

I agree with you bro. The Arabic writing on the flag is obviously for the representation of Muslims and Islam. I was only replying to the post of the OP.

The writings on the flag whether it is in Arabic or English doesn't change a thing. After all, it's being there since a long time ago and nothing has happened.

What I'm more concerned about is the accusations of the OP. There are cases especially in the Southwest where students can't attend government schools on hijab. This is despite high courts ruling against such act and the schools being financed by the taxes paid by citizens which include Muslim parents. Yet, nobody is putting out claims that Nigeria is being "Christianized". Until recently, nobody would be called to bar on hijab. Yet, there is no claim of "christianizing" Nigeria.

We need to be ready to accommodate ourselves. In 4 to 5 years from now, the OP would just look back at some of his posts and realize that the religion intolerance game that he wants to play doesn't interest the educated folks.

Our military should not represent Muslims and Islam.
Re: Peace by ABCthings: 6:33pm On May 07, 2019
Ajibolatao:

Thank you for that. I could also use foul words to reply you but conversely, I had a good home training.
Are you really ignorant or you just trying hard to deny glaring truths?.
Re: Peace by Ajibolatao(m): 8:56pm On May 07, 2019
[s]
ABCthings:
Are you really ignorant or you just trying hard to deny glaring truths?.
[/s]
Mtchw
Re: Peace by budaatum: 9:04pm On May 07, 2019
Ajibolatao:
Those English letters are clear evidence that Nigeria is being Christianised, at least going by ops reasoning. In fact, anyone who writes in English is already a Christian even if they don't realise they are.

I swear, someone should open a brain factory and a shop to sell them. It's just not fair that some are so brainless!

1 Like

Re: Peace by budaatum: 9:11pm On May 07, 2019
OnyeOmenala:

You're an ignoramus,

You, actually, are the ignoramus brainless goat to think those who are not stupid like you are must be Muslim and Yoruba! Can anyone force religion on Nigerians? Will Christians just all roll over and shout Allah Akbar because there is Arabic on the army's flag?

1 Like

Re: Peace by ABCthings: 10:11pm On May 07, 2019
Ajibolatao:

Mtchw
See? your action proves it! you trying to deny the truth Mtcheew! angry

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus / Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible / What I Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.