Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible (1066 Views)

Does "Hell" Really Exist Or It Was Invented By Religion? / Does Hell Exist? / Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 9:01am On Jan 24, 2021
Is hell fire descrbed in the bible

What are the scriptural references
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by Deborah98(f): 9:15am On Jan 24, 2021
I sometimes come across words like these,a lake burning with fire and brimstone,Hell, deep pit and so on. @Righteousness2 explain better please
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 9:20am On Jan 24, 2021
The question here is hell as a place of eternal torment for those who do not accept Jesus

Is this described in the bible
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by Righteousness2(m): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

Mark 9: 43-48
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 20:1-15
Matthew 13:42
Psalm 9:17
2Peter 2:4
Matthew 18:8-9

So Many to mention

1 Like

Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by illicit(m): 9:30am On Jan 24, 2021
Who cares
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 9:31am On Jan 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

Mark 9: 43-48
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 20:1-15
Matthew 13:42
Psalm 9:17
2Peter 2:4
Matthew 18:8-9

So Many to mention

It is important to remember that that The Bible was not written in English but in Hebrew and Greek

So one needs to know the original Hebrew and Greek words and their meanings

The Hebrew word is Sheol.

So is there a Jewish or Hebrew concept of Hell fire as a place of eternal damnation ? Is that what Sheol means?
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by OruExpress: 9:34am On Jan 24, 2021
if you dont have nerves why would it matter? and if you do have nerves and it lasts forever you'll eventually get use to it
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by Righteousness2(m): 9:35am On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

It is important to remember that that The Bible was not written in English but in Hebrew and Greek

So one needs to know the original Hebrew and Greek words and their meanings

The Hebrew word is Sheol.

So is there a Jewish or Hebrew concept of Hell fire as a place of eternal damnation ? Is that what Sheol means?

I have quoted the Kjv bible for you.

If you are looking for Hebrew go to Isreal.
I don't have that time for Grammar here and there

1 Like

Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 9:39am On Jan 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

Well I started the thread if you don't have time Naff off I never invited you did I?

The King's Jame's Version was commissioned in the 17th century .around 1604

The words are
Sheol and Hades

not hellfire
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by BREYZ: 9:43am On Jan 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

You self will not make heaven. You don't reply like a Christian ought to. All you do is copy and paste Bible portions here and there. grin
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 10:24am On Jan 24, 2021
Do Jews or the Jewish religion believe in Hell?
Or is it a new doctrine
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 10:26am On Jan 24, 2021
What does Gehenna mean?

How does this link to the Catholic concept of purgatory
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by obonujoker(m): 10:56am On Jan 24, 2021
There's lake of fire in the Bible bro

The word "hell" is used to show the severity and intensity of the torments in the lake.

1 Like

Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 11:02am On Jan 24, 2021
obonujoker:
There's lake of fire in the Bible bro

The word "hell" is used to show the severity and intensity of the torments in the lake.

Lake of fire

Well it is always important to research and be well informed

The starting point is that the bible many Nigerians read is in English.

Which is a translation.
The bible was not written in English

Next the concept of a Lake of fire existed in many traditions e.g the ancient Egyptians and many others in the region

What is important here is in the bible what does it say about the Lake of Fire exactly

Is is a place of eternal torment from which there is no release?
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by sonmvayina(m): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
Do Jews or the Jewish religion believe in Hell?
Or is it a new doctrine

It is a christian creation. The jews believe in reincarnation...
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2021
sonmvayina:

It is a christian creation. The jews believe in reincarnation...
So there are many contradictions because we know that Jehofa does not change
We know that Jesus was a Jew

The Jewish idea of Gehenna is a fire that cleanses the soul
There is no Jewish concept of eternal damnation

1 Like

Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 11:54am On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

The promise of eternity spent either in Heaven or Hell was introduced by Jesus Christ as part of His New Covenant. undecided

The old covenant agreement did not include a life after death for the descendants of Israel, but instead long life in the land of banana as promised to Abraham. undecided

Heaven is the English word for the eternal reward that awaits those who obey His Commandments while Hell is the English word that refers to the eternal damnation that awaits those who refuse to obey His commandment.
Matthew 25 vs 31- 46 is where a straightforward explanation of what is to come can be found written. undecided
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The promise of eternity spent either in Heaven or Hell was introduced by Jesus Christ as part of His New Covenant. undecided

Heaven is the English word for the eternal reward that awaits those who obey His Commandments while Hell is the English word that refers to the eternal damnation that awaits those who refuse to obey His commandment.
Matthew 25 vs 31- 46 is where a straightforward explanation of what is to come can be found written. undecided
Introduced by Jesus?

How ?
When? where?

That is just an elaboration or interpretation

Jesus is not quoted anywhere as promising an eternity spent in Hell from which there is no redemption
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 11:59am On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

Introduced by Jesus?
How ?
When? where?

That is just an elaboration or interpretation

Jesus is not quoted anywhere as promising an eternity spent in Hell from which there is no redemption
You have to actually read the book to understand/ comprehend what it in fact says. undecided

According to the story, Jesus Christ in fact promises Eternal life to all who believe with some of them to end up in Heaven and others in Hell, depending on whether or not they money His commandments . undecided
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You have to actually read the book to understand/ comprehend what it in fact says. undecided

According to the story, Jesus Christ in fact promises Eternal life to all who believe with some of them to end up in Heaven and others in Hell, depending on whether or not they money His commandments . undecided
Please don't give me that "its a secret and you have to be in the spirit etc mularkey"
Just buttress the point YOU made here on this thread with a reference

Reference please??

The opposite of life is death not eternal burning in hell
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by obonujoker(m): 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

Lake of fire

Well it is always important to research and be well informed

The starting point is that the bible many Nigerians read is in English.

Which is a translation.

Next the concept of a Lake of fire existed in many traditions e.g the ancient Egyptians and many others in the region

What is important here is in the bible what does it say about the Lake of Fire exactly

Is is a place of eternal torment from which there is no release?

Let's understand that "Lake" is used to describe what the place shall be...

And yes according to God's word, it's forever and ever
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2021
obonujoker:

Let's understand that "Lake" is used to describe what the place shall be...

And yes according to God's word, it's forever and ever
This is your perspective which is very valid in your mind
You have not provided any evidence why I should accept YOUR opinion

Lake is an English word

That concept existed in the religion of the ancient Egyptians even before Moses was there
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by obonujoker(m): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

This is your perspective which is very valid in your mind
You have not provided any evidence why I should accept YOUR opinion

Lake is an English word

That concept existed in the religion of the ancient Egyptians even before Moses was there

Like I said Sir... Another translation could have use "earth", "pit" , "Sea" "Dungeon" "planet" etc.... The "Lake" is used to describe the place.

The Bible has said there is a place of eternal fire and torment....
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

Please don't give me that "its a secret and you have to be in the spirit etc mularkey"
Just buttress the point YOU made here on this thread with a reference

Reference please??

The opposite of life is death not eternal burning in hell
Secret? What secret? The books are written in human language to be processed using basic human language comprehension skills, but you have to in fact READ IT to comprehend it. What of that is secret or spiritual to you? undecided
A Reference to the Books of the Bible? Are you joking? undecided

And what in the world has "opposite" to do with anything? Opposite of life is death.... Is that your understanding of what Jesus Christ said? You really believe He was that much a simpleton? undecided
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Secret? What secret? The books are written in human language to be processed using basic human language comprehension skills, but you have to in fact READ IT to comprehend it. What of that is secret or spiritual to you? undecided
A Reference to the Books of the Bible? Are you joking? undecided
Can you provide a reference to buttress your claim and spare us the cryptic talk
I could say the same thing in opposite
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
obonujoker:

Like I said Sir... Another translation could have use "earth", "pit" , "Sea" "Dungeon" "planet" etc.... The "Lake" is used to describe the place.

The Bible has said there is a place of eternal fire and torment....
Where did the bible say this?
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by sonmvayina(m): 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
So there are many contradictions because we know that Jehofa does not change
We know that Jesus was a Jew

The Jewish idea of Gehenna is a fire that cleanses the soul
There is no Jewish concept of eternal damnation

If jesus was a jew , he would have known that Gods laws are ethanal. And would have lived under it. He would also have known that there was never a time God said his son was coming to change or fulfil it like the christians confuse themselves. He would have also known the punishment for adding or changing it....and the curses attached to them..

So o am tempted that the writters of the jesus story are not jews. And by extension might be foreign to judaism....
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by obonujoker(m): 2:19pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
Where did the bible say this?

'But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death".

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14-15
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Matthew 25:41, 46
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2021
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, can i also contribute to the ongoing discussion? smiley

aribisala0:

Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
obonujoker:

'But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death".

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14-15
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Matthew 25:41, 46
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Yimu

Second death

If you have second death how can you be suffering eternally
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, can i also contribute to the ongoing discussion? smiley

Why not
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by obonujoker(m): 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

Yimu

Second death

If you have second death how can you be suffering eternally

Second death means you'd cease to exist before God and other living things at the time... Those in the 2nd death with be suffering and tormented forever and ever.

The death there means to be forgotten forever and forever.... Only those whose names aren't in the lamb's book of Life will be thrown there Sir...

So no need to fear

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Dream About A Vaccine / Prophet Odumeje Beats And Torture A Native Doctor In Owerri / Brazil Exhibits Demons & Storm Hits The Next Day: Is Brazil Facing Judgment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.