Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

God Do Not Answer Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Do Not Answer Prayer (847 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does / Can God Answer Prayer Through Gospel Musics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Do Not Answer Prayer by paxonel(m): 8:55am On May 05, 2019
Yes, God do not answer prayers, this explains why a lot of people think that God do not exist.

He created the world for free will and allows
Determination to rule only when necessary.

Do you go to church or pray in order to have your prayers answered?
That is not necessary
Infact a lot of atheists do not pray, but they have fortune in life even more than christians who pray.

We all read in the bible how God answered prayers in the old but does that mean he is in the business of answering prayers till this modern day?

If you think that way then you are being scammed.
Scammed by your pastors ,
Scammed by the church.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent

What time was this ignorance?
The time of bible days we read about great miracles from God (,especially old testament times)
What time is the time of knowledge?
The time of knowledge is today.

Now look it this way,
Two soccer teems played a football match, the better teem wins even though the one that loose gathered and pray,That tells you that God do not answer prayer

A student who dont read his books but keep praying will fail, because God do not answer prayers.

Nigerians go to church but their economy is bad and they keep suffering ,because God do not answer prayers
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by Oshin56(m): 9:29am On May 05, 2019
James 4:3

3 Likes

Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by Chepos1(m): 9:36am On May 05, 2019
Oshin56:

Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by Devilpen(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2019
Oshin56:
legit
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by MrPRevailer(m): 4:42pm On May 05, 2019
And it says "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts."
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by power50: 4:58pm On May 05, 2019
Do you own a church? List your church on Nigerian church directory https://www.naijachurches.com.ng/
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by paxonel(m): 1:45am On May 09, 2019
Yes,
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by Martinez39(m): 5:48am On May 09, 2019
The armchair christian is back again. Hurray!

3 Likes

Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by Nobody: 9:49am On May 09, 2019
paxonel:
Yes, God do not answer prayers, this explains why a lot of people think that God do not exist.

He created the world for free will and allows
Determination to rule only when necessary.

Do you go to church or pray in order to have your prayers answered?
That is not necessary
Infact a lot of atheists do not pray, but they have fortune in life even more than christians who pray.

We all read in the bible how God answered prayers in the old but does that mean he is in the business of answering prayers till this modern day?

If you think that way then you are being scammed.
Scammed by your pastors ,
Scammed by the church.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent

What time was this ignorance?
The time of bible days we read about great miracles from God (,especially old testament times)
What time is the time of knowledge?
The time of knowledge is today.

Now look it this way,
Two soccer teems played a football match, the better teem wins even though the one that loose gathered and pray,That tells you that God do not answer prayer

A student who dont read his books but keep praying will fail, because God do not answer prayers.

Nigerians go to church but their economy is bad and they keep suffering ,because God do not answer prayers
Prayer is functionally useless. Am glad even you admits that.

However i take issue with the bolded. What is your understanding of the word "Predestination?"

3 Likes

Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:48am On May 09, 2019
God does not respect free will. Most Christian's are insulting their god when they say so.
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by paxonel(m): 6:36pm On May 09, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Prayer is functionally useless. Am glad even you admits that.
do you agree that when you wish or even desired a thing, you have prayed?

However i take issue with the bolded. What is your understanding of the word "Predestination?"
the believe that anything that will happen has already been decided by fate or God
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 09, 2019
paxonel:
do you agree that when you wish or even desired a thing, you have prayed?
NO

As i understand it, praying involves the acknowledgement of a deity

the believe that anything that will happen has already been decided by fate or God
So where does Free Will come in?
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by paxonel(m): 9:04pm On May 09, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

NO

As i understand it, praying involves the acknowledgement of a deity
merriam webster english dictionary put one of it definition this way : An ernest request or wish. So, prayer does not necessarily involve acknowledgement of deity.
Also, in a court of law, when the judge demands a person to say his prayer, he does not need your deity.

So where does Free Will come in?
it says the believe that..
Which means its a school of thought, not necessary a theist thing
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by Nobody: 11:43am On May 10, 2019
paxonel:
merriam webster english dictionary put one of it definition this way : An ernest request or wish. So, prayer does not necessarily involve acknowledgement of deity.
Well, the bolded shows that the term "prayer" has many definitions and i'm sorry to say, but the general understanding by the public of the word "prayer" is not the same as that of your post. A simple Google search will reveal that most definitions of the word include the recognition of a deity.

Hope you aren't planning on descending to special pleading here...

And i'm assuming you're a theist, so what do you think is the theists' general consensus on Free Will?
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by paxonel(m): 5:01pm On May 10, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Well, the bolded shows that the term "prayer" has many definitions and i'm sorry to say, but the general understanding by the public of the word "prayer" is not the same as that of your post.
very true!

A simple Google search will reveal that most definitions of the word include the recognition of a deity.
that is because the lay man is yet to see the possibility that it may include an ernest request or wish againt the thought that it is mere the recognition and making requests from deity.

Hope you aren't planning on descending to special pleading here...
there is nothing special in discovering new things

And i'm assuming you're a theist, so what do you think is the theists' general consensus on Free Will?
the question is,what should be the theists general consensus on free will?
I am sure that many theists are yet to get this whole thing right, hence you atheists can beat them to their argument for now, pending on when they will start to accept reality
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 10, 2019
paxonel:
very true!
that is because the lay man is yet to see the possibility that it may include an ernest request or wish againt the thought that it is mere the recognition and making requests from deity.
Ahh, i see what you're saying here...

Nevermind

there is nothing special in discovering new things
LOL. You didn't understand what i meant.

But its ok now. Nevermind

the question is,what should be the theists general consensus on free will?
I am sure that many theists are yet to get this whole thing right, hence you atheists can beat them to their argument for now, pending on when they will start to accept reality
And how do you respond to the bolded?
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by paxonel(m): 9:47am On May 11, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

LOL. You didn't understand what i meant.

But its ok now. Nevermind
ok

And how do you respond to the bolded?
God only create everything we see. After which, he is not in control or predestined over anything except a situation arises when there is need for him to do so.

Any such situation are not common this modern day, therefore freewill supercedes .
Therefore the believe that everything have already been decided by God is false.
Re: God Do Not Answer Prayer by Heathen777(m): 4:34pm On May 11, 2019
Yeah.... I also simply refuse to believe in Santa because he doesn't give me presents.

(1) (Reply)

Why Former Atheist C.S. Lewis Became A Christian / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Rubbish Claims Of 5G, COVID-19 & Anti Christ With Facts / Submission: Who Is Wrong Between Bishop Oyedepo And Daddy Freeze?- Bisi Adewale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.