Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua (29852 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu's Son, Lloyd Weds Tiffany, Peter Obi, Saraki, Others Attend / TURAI: How Late President Yar’adua Died While I Went To Break Fast / Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 11 Years After His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by NSONASOLTD: 2:49pm On May 05, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:

AdolfHitlerxXx to his useless homosexual father and spermbank wh0re mother:

Why will i hate a dead man ? Better use your brains where you kept them if you have any.

Now calculate how being a Chairman of all those institutions bring 900 million into one's account. Didinrin.
If you like go insult your dad Na you sabi...because is only your father that is not corrupt as he has only 1 kobo in his account.

How much is Tony Elumelu worth how many companies is he their chairman.

If you want to know how being the chiaman of those companies gave him 900 million, go each of the companies and request for Yar'Adua Pay Slip.

Hatred will do you no good, and because your company is making 50 kobo doesn't mean other people's company will not make millions... Na your type because you didn't make it in life every other person who made it is a ritualist or criminals.

Change your ways and mind set...
Will not reply you again because I have no time for children like you... When you grow up you come
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by emmasege: 2:49pm On May 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

His overruling of Charles Soludo's Naira redenomination project was another terrible blunder which dragged Nigeria further backwards. The man is just being overhyped.
I can't agree with you less. He's also naturally slow in taking decisions just like his Katsina brother, maybe that's how Katsina people are.

Yaradua is definitely being overhyped. Or better still, his ill health was a good excuse for his failure.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by AdolfHitlerxXx: 2:53pm On May 05, 2019
NSONASOLTD:

Nsonasoltd to his useless homosexual father and spermbank wh0re mother:

If you like go insult your dad Na you sabi...because is only your father that is not corrupt as he has only 1 kobo in his account.

How much is Tony Elumelu worth how many companies is he their chairman.

If you want to know how being the chiaman of those companies gave him 900 million, go each of the companies and request for Yar'Adua Pay Slip.

Hatred will do you no good, and because your company is making 50 kobo doesn't mean other people's company will not make millions... Na your type because you didn't make it in life every other person who made it is a ritualist or criminals.

Change your ways and mind set...
Will not reply you again

Yes you had better run. I would give you the hometraining the useless fagg0t forgot to give you.

I have your medicine in abundance. Next time, you would see me and quietly run.

If the useless idiot didnt die a pauper, would you be hawking refurbished laptops up and down ? grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by NSONASOLTD: 2:54pm On May 05, 2019
emmasege:
I can't agree with you less. He's also naturally slow in taking decisions just like his Katsina brother, maybe that's how Katsina people are.

Yaradua is definitely being overhyped. Or better still, his ill health was a good excuse for his failure.
But he is not slow to reduce fuel price to 65 Naira
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by Btruth: 3:00pm On May 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Care listing some of such qualities?
.....his truthfulness in handling the Niger Delta crisis, his faithfulness on the fuel prices promising that it won't be higher than N65 per liter rather it will be reduced. On appointments of technocrats into the rightful position in his cabinets rather than all these mouthy ministers that we have littering around like leeches. Anyway, I think his 2+ in office is much better than others wasted years in office, including that of 8 years of Obasanjo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by Mullahalways2: 3:36pm On May 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

You mean the same Umaru Yaradua who ordered the massacre of over 3,000 women and children in Gbaramatu and the attendant razing down of the monarch's palace in the name of chasing militants was a great man?
The same Yaradua who surrounded himself with the likes of Ibori, Tony Anenih, etc had vision?
Sometimes when Nigerians speak of the dead one is left wondering if he or she wasn't the same person one knew while he was alive.
No, man is ever perfect. Yaradua recognized the Niger Delta as the golden goose. He implemented measures to pacify aggrieved people from the region. He repeatedly, made effort to make the N/Delta feel included in its own resources. Once, again, he's a human and must have made several mistakes. However, compared to the fools after and before him, he's a saint.
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by Mullahalways2: 3:47pm On May 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

His overruling of Charles Soludo's Naira redenomination project was another terrible blunder which dragged Nigeria further backwards. The man is just being overhyped.
I think you find it convenient to hate on Yaradua. No, Nigerian leader was loved across board as Late Yaradua. Gentle,slow, intelligent and most importantly, he has integrity. A real Muslim. He has my respect always
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by RexTramadol1: 4:24pm On May 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

You mean the same Umaru Yaradua who ordered the massacre of over 3,000 women and children in Gbaramatu and the attendant razing down of the monarch's palace in the name of chasing militants was a great man?
The same Yaradua who surrounded himself with the likes of Ibori, Tony Anenih, etc had vision?
Sometimes when Nigerians speak of the dead one is left wondering if he or she wasn't the same person one knew while he was alive.

Sorry ehn, I feel ur pain

Yar'Adua is not ethnocentric compared to the others Naija has been unfortunate to have

Sometimes to get peace, you must fight wars

If not for the Miltary's offensive, do you think the militants will give up arms?

It will make them feel too powerful

As we have the Boko Haram doing today cos we didn't take them serious at first, using police to counter them.
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by eneojoedu(m): 4:44pm On May 05, 2019
EVILFOREST:
....a DETRIBALISED NIGERIAN

Well EDUCATED and SOUND.
From a Well Educated Family, unlike the .....
bros hold the break well ooo... before people with INTERGRITY come for you.
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by eneojoedu(m): 4:58pm On May 05, 2019
Preca:
buhari should be following his steps
which BUHARI Abeg??
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by pheonixdld2(m): 5:02pm On May 05, 2019
You have forgotten he was the governor of Katsina state before becoming the president.....and he is also from a rich family with old money.
Check your history before you try to prove your point.
AdolfHitlerxXx:
angry

Keep quiet if you have nothing reasonable to say.

TELL magazine and The News carried the results of the asset declaration exercise of the Governors in 2003 if i remember rightly.

Yar'adua was the "poorest" with 900 Million naira worth.

Bukola Saraki was richest with...can't remember the exact figures.

Where did a non-corrupt lecturer get 900 million? Business? What sort of business?.
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by OpinionCounts(m): 5:05pm On May 05, 2019
Preca:
buhari should be following his steps

No be who get leg dey follow another person footsteps?? Buhari no get leg talkless to follow footstep..
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by RevBright(m): 5:35pm On May 05, 2019
And all this ole (thieves ) will now pretend as if they like him..........eyes service kill you all.
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by Deadlytruth(m): 5:39pm On May 05, 2019
RexTramadol1:

Sorry ehn, I feel ur pain

Yar'Adua is not ethnocentric compared to the others Naija has been unfortunate to have

Sometimes to get peace, you must fight wars

If not for the Miltary's offensive, do you think the militants will give up arms?

It will make them feel too powerful

As we have the Boko Haram doing today cos we didn't take them serious at first, using police to counter them.

Sorry. I feel your frustration. If it was Buhari that used such lethal force against Niger Delta militants, you would have termed him a demon.

A non-ethnocentric Yaradua could not do anything about his tribe occupational militia which menace started in his regime. I laugh in Swahili.

So you believe it was the military offensive that made ND militants give up arms? It is no longer the amnesty your likes credit Yaradua with?

Boko Haram became cancerous courtesy of Yaradua's order for the extrajudicial murder of the group's pioneer leader who was caught alive and supposed to have been drilled to reveal their source of sponsorship hence a better possibility to nip the whole thing in the bud early enough.
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by Deadlytruth(m): 5:45pm On May 05, 2019
Mullahalways2:
I think you find it convenient to hate on Yaradua. No, Nigerian leader was loved across board as Late Yaradua. Gentle,slow, intelligent and most importantly, he has integrity. A real Muslim. He has my respect always
You speak as if majority of Nigerians' opinions are guided by deep and objective analysis of issues. Didn't most Nigerians love Jonathan in 2010 for campaigning with having no shoes when in actual fact such was a very silly campaign point as it didn't address any of the raging national questions? Didn't most Nigerians love Obasanjo for promising to rule like Mandela since he too rose from prison to power despite what took him to prison was a selfish criminal act unlike Mandela's which was due to a selfless struggle for humanity?
I have given you hard unassailable facts why he doesn't qualify for the accolades showered on him. I was expecting you to prove me wrong with superior argument and evidences, but alas! The usual Nigerian sentiments took over.
His sickness imposed a gentle appearance on him. A truly intelligent president would never have overruled Charles Soludo's beautifully and intelligently thought out Naira Redenomination project, neither would he have rejected Uwais Electoral Reform Panel recommendation that the power to appoint INEC chairman be shifted from the executive to the judiciary to really confer independence on the electoral body. His reason that such would impinge on separation of powers remains the dumbest utterance ever made by a sitting Nigerian president.
And the biggest of all jokes is your claim that Yaradua was a good moslem. A good moslem who died of an alcohol consumption related disease? You are either a non-moslem or a very hypocritic one to have termed a chronic alcoholic a good moslem.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by Deadlytruth(m): 5:57pm On May 05, 2019
Mullahalways2:
No, man is ever perfect. Yaradua recognized the Niger Delta as the golden goose. He implemented measures to pacify aggrieved people from the region. He repeatedly, made effort to make the N/Delta feel included in its own resources. Once, again, he's a human and must have made several mistakes. However, compared to the fools after and before him, he's a saint.
If we are to base it on the parameters you listed above, then Jonathan was far better than him because he made more money available to the Niger Deltans in the form of gifts, pipeline protection contracts, etc which mirrored a greater commitment to seeing that Niger Deltans are included in their resources at least by your ugly standards.
As far as the inclusion of the Niger Deltans in their resources is concerned, the gold medal so far actually goes to Osinbajo whose idea it was to allow Niger Delta communities build modular refineries and own the proceeds while contributing to the availability of petroleum products which scarcity is otherwise a major national challenge. An "intelligent" Yaradua ironically used JTF to hound the operators of those modular refineries and destroy them. Facts over sentiments please.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by AdolfHitlerxXx: 5:58pm On May 05, 2019
pheonixdld2:
You have forgotten he was the governor of Katsina state before becoming the president.....and he is also from a rich family with old money.
Check your history before you try to prove your point.

Well you were polite so i would accord you the same courtesy.

It's still extremely hard to come up with 900 million of untainted Naira if you have not been into some shady stuff or you have a mega-sized business everyone can see.

Emphasis on the MEGA SIZED VISIBLE BUSINESS
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by pheonixdld2(m): 6:08pm On May 05, 2019
Thank you for being civil, a virtue alot of people lack here. I am sure you are aware this governors receive security votes monthly which is usually pocketed as a tradition and they are not queried to account for.
AdolfHitlerxXx:

Well you were polite so i would accord you the same courtesy.

It's still extremely hard to come up with 900 million of untainted Naira if you have not been into some shady stuff or you have a mega-sized business everyone can see.

Emphasis on the MEGA SIZED VISIBLE BUSINESS
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by AdolfHitlerxXx: 6:12pm On May 05, 2019
pheonixdld2:
Thank you for being civil, a virtue alot of people lack here. I am sure you are aware this governors receive security votes monthly which is usually pocketed as a tradition and they are not queried to account for.

Excellent argument, chief. Security votes are unaccounted for, easy ways of making money.

I don't necessarily agree 100% but i recognise this as a strong point to counter.

Cc NSONASOLTD. This is how i treat human beings who have hometraining. You have seen also how i treat animals.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by Deadlytruth(m): 7:20pm On May 05, 2019
Btruth:
.....his truthfulness in handling the Niger Delta crisis, his faithfulness on the fuel prices promising that it won't be higher than N65 per liter rather it will be reduced. On appointments of technocrats into the rightful position in his cabinets rather than all these mouthy ministers that we have littering around like leeches. Anyway, I think his 2+ in office is much better than others wasted years in office, including that of 8 years of Obasanjo.

As per the Niger Delta crisis; he wasn't any way truthful. He initially ordered JTF to invade the Niger Delta but only bought into amnesty as an afterthought when the militants retaliated by blowing up oil facilities to such an extent that within two weeks Nigeria's crude oil export capacity reduced by a whooping 75%. The only truthful handling of the Niger Delta issue forever remains an implementation of Ken Saro Wiwa's demand. Only Nigerians and specifically non-Niger Deltans who revel in contingency approach to national challenges would give Yaradua credit for amnesty offer which has increased laziness and sense of entitlement in the Niger Delta.

He only removed the N5 VAT which OBASANJO imposed on the eve of his departure. Any promise to reduce cost of fuel without a corresponding explanation of how local refining capacity will be boosted is just a fluke. Did Yaradua even make any declarative commitment to repair of refineries let alone implement same? Rather he even halted the planned privatization of the refineries...a move that would have made fuel scarcity history by now.

Obasanjo's administration had more technocrats than Yaradua's but that didn't make any fundamental impact as he himself as the head was rotten and stinking. So it is not about just having technocrats but allowing their counsels really guide your policies. Yaradua failed woefully on this. His overulling of Soludo's Redenomination proposal stands as a glaring example.

Judging by how beautifully Jonathan started, if circumstances had truncated his presidency after two years, we would have by now assumed he was the Messiah we missed.
Lastly, Yaradua signed Shariah into Law in Katsina State despite being fully aware of Nigeria's secularity as clearly spelt out in the constiution. That put him across as a religious bigot.Here is the link to that.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/860660.stm
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by MetaPhysical: 7:42pm On May 05, 2019
Deadlytruth, since 1999 that Ive followed political progress in Nigeria Yaradua's government is one that I didnt quite glue my interest to, partly because I was nursing some other interest at the time as well that I had become addicted to the Obasanjo political drama and the air of that enertaining period was sucked out when Yaradua became president. I am able to catch up reading your posts here now. Thanks for the refresher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by rummmy: 8:28pm On May 05, 2019
I don't see any special thing with him....... He is the same as all the past leaders including pmb.
They don't have plans for us and never had our interest at heart.
One day someone will compose the good deeds of bubu but I will counter it because I witnessed the suffer during his regime.
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by DeWorlex45(m): 9:17pm On May 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

As per the Niger Delta crisis; he wasn't any way truthful. He initially ordered JTF to invade the Niger Delta but only bought into amnesty as an afterthought when the militants retaliated by blowing up oil facilities to such an extent that within two weeks Nigeria's crude oil export capacity reduced by a whooping 75%. The only truthful handling of the Niger Delta issue forever remains an implementation of Ken Saro Wiwa's demand. Only Nigerians and specifically non-Niger Deltans who revel in contingency approach to national challenges would give Yaradua credit for amnesty offer which has increased laziness and sense of entitlement in the Niger Delta.

He only removed the N5 VAT which OBASANJO imposed on the eve of his departure. Any promise to reduce cost of fuel without a corresponding explanation of how local refining capacity will be boosted is just a fluke. Did Yaradua even make any declarative commitment to repair of refineries let alone implement same? Rather he even halted the planned privatization of the refineries...a move that would have made fuel scarcity history by now.

Obasanjo's administration had more technocrats than Yaradua's but that didn't make any fundamental impact as he himself as the head was rotten and stinking. So it is not about just having technocrats but allowing their counsels really guide your policies. Yaradua failed woefully on this. His overulling of Soludo's Redenomination proposal stands as a glaring example.

Judging by how beautifully Jonathan started, if circumstances had truncated his presidency after two years, we would have by now assumed he was the Messiah we missed.
Lastly, Yaradua signed Shariah into Law in Katsina State despite being fully aware of Nigeria's secularity as clearly spelt out in the constiution. That put him across as a religious bigot.Here is the link to that.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/860660.stm
The best comment on dis post so far.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by Deadlytruth(m): 11:21am On May 06, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Deadlytruth, since 1999 that Ive followed political progress in Nigeria Yaradua's government is one that I didnt quite glue my interest to, partly because I was nursing some other interest at the time as well that I had become addicted to the Obasanjo political drama and the air of that enertaining period was sucked out when Yaradua became president. I am able to catch up reading your posts here now. Thanks for the refresher.

You are welcome.
Yaradua's administration lasted for just 2.5 years but despite he was sick all through it, he recorded some of the worst policies and tyrannical executive actions. I wonder how much more terrible he would have been if he had spent a longer time with good health on his side.
Those describing him as intelligent and a religious moderate are the biggest clowns. A supposedly intelligent leader who never visited any of the advanced and prosperous countries to seek economic partnership but kept on visiting countries we were better than like Sudan, Mozambique, Tanzania, et al to seek such partnership. A religious moderate who signed Sharia into law in open and brazen disregard for the secularity of Nigeria clearly spelt out in the constiution.
Well, I understand that it is customary not to speak ill of the dead in Nigerian cultures hence the posthumous beatification of Yaradua despite his glaring misrule.
Re: Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua by Deadlytruth(m): 8:33am On May 08, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:
angry

Keep quiet if you have nothing reasonable to say.

TELL magazine and The News carried the results of the asset declaration exercise of the Governors in 2003 if i remember rightly.

Yar'adua was the "poorest" with 900 Million naira worth.

Bukola Saraki was richest with...can't remember the exact figures.

Where did a non-corrupt lecturer get 900 million? Business? What sort of business?.

Thanks for this reminder.
You should understand that the typical Nigerian is a shallow minded and short memoried sychophant hence the mess we are in today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere Leader For Condolence / Twitter: We’re Ready To Negotiate With The Nigerian Government / Photos From Goodluck Jonathan's 65th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.