Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men (37791 Views)

Bonnington, UK Donates Tesla X Model To RCCG To Welcome Pastor Adeboye To London / Nigerian Captives In Libya Beg Oyedepo And Adeboye To Come And Rescue Them / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by deltateam: 5:12am On May 06, 2019
kclem:
Though the man of God is saying the truth...

But "Naija" my country no give the man of God concrete support to back up his statement......Any way ladies marry jobless men at your own Perils.

Word
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by ednut1(m): 5:15am On May 06, 2019
AlphaT1:

The man is saying the obvious truth...and those who are open to learning would learn from it....A man who loses job 2 weeks after marriage will get another job...He is not talking about one being a millionaire; vulcanizer, carpenter, painter, farmer, mechanic, mason, bricklayer, teacher, banker, civil servant, keke driver etc etc..they are all jobs. A man who wants to marry must have something doing no matter how small....My friend lost his job with Chevron 1 yr after marriage and he joined Uber.....In 2003 ASUU had issues in ABU and were owed salaries for almost 12 months, my popsi turned to farming (rice and beans) and yam business to take care of his family; he would go to Benue to buy yams and take it to Zaria/Kaduna/Lagos and sell...Adeboye is over 70 years and he is much qualified to advice the youth based on experience..he must have seen practical evidences/situations that warrant such advice (in order to help someone out there)...Moreso he has been married for many years with no issue of divorce, if the youth listen to the words of wisdom from elders they would fare much better!

The problem with the youth nowadays is that everybody wants to hit it big, no one wants to start small and so some ppl have chosen to remain jobless for many years waiting for that mega job....I have a friend who graduated with firstclass in Physics and got scholarship for masters overseas. He came back and couldn't secure a job so after 6months he started home lessons, jamb tutorials, waec/neco lessons, and undergrad tutorials..he did this for three years and got married with it before he got a lecturing job...
there are many pple who could secure a job in due time. If the job was her reason to marry him then the marriage don crash. Not everyone is business inclined too. Truth is life has no manual. U can marry a well to do man and the marriage crashes while another marries a jobless man and the marriage works.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by KingLennon(m): 5:15am On May 06, 2019
deltateam:

My people perish for lack of knowledge. What vision does a jobless man have. If he became jobless during the marriage, its a different case. In which situation his vision will lead him to starting something doing.

Being jobless and waiting on an innocent girl to prey on is wickedness. Besides I am a man and I know what some men are doing now and I don't support it hence the attacks here from the jobless men that believe am breaking the Bro code.

Ladies you have yourselves to blame now. I have spoken enough. Some men just go out and drink, gamble, come home use their jobless situation to beat their wives. Demand her money as if its their entitlement.

Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.
Joblessness is temporary....
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by deltateam: 5:17am On May 06, 2019
Sard:
The comments here have shown me a lot about the so-called Nigerian youths oo.
Let's forget about this message, are you people going to get married without a job? Seriously? Will you get married without a job?
Haaaaaaa, we're really doomed if all of you are still stuck with the belief of getting married and expecting things to suddenly turn good because you're married.

Thats the new breed of youths we are seeing o. Hmm. They don't want to work but want to eat.
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by deltateam: 5:19am On May 06, 2019
KingLennon:

Joblessness is temporary....

Did I say it was permanent before?

Just don't tie an innocent girl's destiny down while in the 'temporary' situation.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by KingLennon(m): 5:26am On May 06, 2019
deltateam:

Did I say it was permanent before?

Just don't tie an innocent girl's destiny down while in the 'temporary' situation.
That should be our personal decision. The lady and the man will decide how to work it out. I've seen cases like that....
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by deltateam: 5:34am On May 06, 2019
KingLennon:

That should be our personal decision. The lady and the man will decide how to work it out. I've seen cases like that....

You think I haven't seen such cases abi?

There's nothing to work out. Go and get a job or start hustling. Anything that gets you busy constructively.

Don't work out the sharing formula of the woman's salary.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by KingLennon(m): 5:40am On May 06, 2019
deltateam:

You think I haven't seen such cases abi?

There's nothing to work out. Go and get a job or start hustling. Anything that gets you busy constructively.

Don't work out the sharing formula of the woman's salary.
You're so weak mentally. No one is sharing the woman's salary, that's permanent joblessness. You are just down for a while hoping to get back up.
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by deltateam: 5:44am On May 06, 2019
KingLennon:

You're so weak mentally. No one is sharing the woman's salary, that's permanent joblessness. You are just down for a while hoping to get back up.

Indeed. How will you marry her? Which money?How will the family be feeding then. Who will pay house rent?Oya let's 'work' it out here now.
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by Ajibaba101(m): 5:57am On May 06, 2019
Don't just sit there.... you need to chose a career... see how you can chose a career path
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-choose-a-career-path/
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by Softness147: 6:48am On May 06, 2019
frank317:
And what has this stale preaching got to benefit anyone?

He sounds as if joblessness is a decision especially in a country like naija. What exactly do we even call joblessness in this country? Do people like being jobless?

Will a man earning 40k a month be regarded as jobless? Can 40k a month take care of the family?

I just think he should step up his preaching and stop giving people advise they already are aware of.

Definition of terms are needed here so that he will not end up sounding like he has ran out of what to preach to some people.

Don't mind him
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by Dwhyte(m): 6:50am On May 06, 2019
and that even those that have job, your female church members want to marry them, when all they ask is, how much is d guy’s salary asif na salary be Love.... fake RCCG female pipo
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by KingLennon(m): 7:00am On May 06, 2019
deltateam:

Indeed. How will you marry her? Which money?How will the family be feeding then. Who will pay house rent?Oya let's 'work' it out here now.
Lets say you were working in a company when you met her. And in a couple of months you are fired then you are jobless and plans of marriage were ongoing. What will you do? Cancel the marriage? But your wife insists on the marriage as she will be able to frontier the marriage. Maybe she loves you and see the vision. Are you saying we shouldn't get married because am jobless? I might be low for the moment but I will surely bounce back. It's a man without vision that a woman is not supposed to marry. Yes she will pay the bills o but it's for the time being
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by deltateam: 7:13am On May 06, 2019
KingLennon:

Lets say you were working in a company when you met her. And in a couple of months you are fired then you are jobless and plans of marriage were ongoing. What will you do? Cancel the marriage? But your wife insists on the marriage as she will be able to frontier the marriage. Maybe she loves you and see the vision. Are you saying we shouldn't get married because am jobless? I might be low for the moment but I will surely bounce back. It's a man without vision that a woman is not supposed to marry. Yes she will pay the bills o but it's for the time being

Till when? That's starting a marriage on a faulty foundation already. There's a tendency he will relax, get depressed, take it out on the wife through beating. Feels insecure.

You think the cycle has not been occuring?
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by frank317: 7:29am On May 06, 2019
AntiWailer:

U sound pained ?

Go and get a job first and let that be ur priority.

I can't even comprehend why u are so dumb
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by frank317: 7:36am On May 06, 2019
justinceejay:
oga set your priorities right you will see how far 40k can take you.

40k?
What priorities do u want to set right? You people like acting like other people's world is just a theory while urs is real.

A few years ago I was earning 80k... I had aged parents to take care of, siblings who are worst of and need the littlest token from me, my house upkeeps, transport, I needed to look nice... I set my priorities right still I couldn't go into marriage with that because I knew it would be tough.

I worked harder to ensure I earn more than five times above that amount before I got married.

I am sure u don't earn 40k, but u want someone else to set his priorities right and be comfortable with it.

Adeboye should engage his young 'jobless' male congregation and understand what they are going through before asking his ladies to reject them.
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by frank317: 7:38am On May 06, 2019
deltateam:

Its not stale news. If you are living in the society then you would know its contemporary issue.

My mistake was I assumed you were.

U didn't even answer my question,... Why do u think a young girl would marry a lazy man?

Just try to answer and I will tell u what u don't know.
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by 9jaRealist: 8:02am On May 06, 2019
But if you are jobless, why would you even be looking for a wife?! shocked
Unless you actually looking for a woman to support you, sounds like misplaced priority!
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by teewhydrums: 8:13am On May 06, 2019
Old story of how many years. If there is no more news please. No need to post
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by Sard(m): 8:54am On May 06, 2019
deltateam:

Thats the new breed of youths we are seeing o. Hmm. They don't want to work but want to eat.
Bro, I was baffled seeing the comments.
No wonder people are giving birth to kids they can't feed or take care of.
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by bankolefun(m): 9:02am On May 06, 2019
all these niggas on black and white suits say alot of things...buh it is left for the followers to use their senses..
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by Sard(m): 9:06am On May 06, 2019
frank317:

40k?
What priorities do u want to set right? You people like acting like other people's world is just a theory while urs is real.

A few years ago I was earning 80k... I had aged parents to take care of, siblings who are worst of and need the littlest token from me, my house upkeeps, transport, I needed to look nice... I set my priorities right still I couldn't go into marriage with that because I knew it would be tough.

I worked harder to ensure I earn more than five times above that amount before I got married.

I am sure u don't earn 40k, but u want someone else to set his priorities right and be comfortable with it.

Adeboye should engage his young 'jobless' male congregation and understand what they are going through before asking his ladies to reject them.
Listen to yourself, bro. You're contradicting yourself.
Your first opinion made it look as if getting married without a job is okay. But now you said you were earning 80k but couldn't marry because you knew the reality on ground. You knew you won't be able to feed an extra mouth.
So, tell me, if someone who was earning something avoided getting married because it would make things difficult for him, why would someone jobless (and doesn't earn anything) think about marriage? To me, it doesn't make any sense to get married when you're jobless.
By the way, having a job doesn't necessarily mean doing a 9-5 job, it's all about doing something that puts foods on your table. Something you're paid for.
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by AlphaT1(m): 9:13am On May 06, 2019
ednut1:
there are many pple who could secure a job in due time. If the job was her reason to marry him then the marriage don crash. Not everyone is business inclined too. Truth is life has no manual. U can marry a well to do man and the marriage crashes while another marries a jobless man and the marriage works.
To every theory there are always a few exceptions....even to the law of gravity there are exceptions...that's why in research you have d plus or minus say 2% or 5% margin for error....what you stated just falls within d error margin i.e those few cases are rare..The simple message is for our ladies to look critically before they leap....Just like you said, some ppl will tell you they are not business inclined, some will say they cannot do this or that and they remain jobless for ten years, that is an error i.e they are jobless both mentally and physically..No able-bodied male graduate should stay idle for ten years unless your education was worthless or the person is under a spell/curse. After 2 or 3 years, think of an alternative, think of a way out, will I continue saying I am not business inclined and remain jobless for ten years? Think of a skill....a graduate must think differently! After 2 years of NYSC, my cousin learnt photography on youtube and started small, even doing it for free sometimes just to market himself. Today, he is well established. He is married, has a car and got another for his wife as birthday gift...A graduate should not stay idle for many years waiting for bank job...education is the key to the door of many opportunities.
Yes life has no manual, some ppl succeed without education so I guess there is no need to enrol kids in school. There are general principles in life that work for majority of d ppl (with just a few exceptions like I said earlier).......There is always something to learn from the elders, sometimes we may not agree with them or we may consider what they are saying as obsolete but it doesn't mean they are not saying the truth or the reality.

Realistically, it is easier for a single person to hustle for a job than a married person. You can go anywhere, work anywhere, anyhow, anytime...which is not so when you are married. Even the job I do now, it is not every project that I am interested in...coz of family!
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by Section7: 9:20am On May 06, 2019
Before nko, which girl wan marry jobless man?
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by Michelle55: 9:24am On May 06, 2019
Kumadami:
Amen Bro GOD bless you for this prayer.
Uwc.. BTW, I'm a lady
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by Michelle55: 9:25am On May 06, 2019
Delivar:

Are you male or female?
Female.. Hope no problem?
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:37am On May 06, 2019
Indomixx:
May God punish u. Useless girl.
I pray that little children will call ur father a fool so u will know how it is. That's how u bring curses upon urselves. Even if u feel he's not a man of God, respect his age. He is 70yrs +. He's not ur mate in any way.
urs and the great ancestors are what you address like that, you call them the same name, even your 70yrs+ are also f and MD
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by frank317: 9:38am On May 06, 2019
Sard:

Listen to yourself, bro. You're contradicting yourself.
Your first opinion made it look as if getting married without a job is okay. But now you said you were earning 80k but couldn't marry because you knew the reality on ground. You knew you won't be able to feed an extra mouth.
So, tell me, if someone who was earning something avoided getting married because it would make things difficult for him, why would someone jobless (and doesn't earn anything) think about marriage? To me, it doesn't make any sense to get married when you're jobless.
By the way, having a job doesn't necessarily mean doing a 9-5 job, it's all about doing something that puts foods on your table. Something you're paid for.

Now u can go back and read my first post, this time not in a hurry.

My main post is that he is preaching the obvious... But I am pointing out that when a lady decides to marry a jobless man, most times she has strong reasons for that.
Nobody like to suffer, but sometimes these decisions are take for specific reasons.

Joblessness should be analyzed. Nigerian economic situation should be talked about, reasons why people marry should be dissected. I mean there is whole lot of topics that can get people thinking in a different direction than telling people not to marry jobless men. Its like coming to the pulpit and preaching that people should eat when they are hungry. Why will somebody not eat when he is hungry is a deeper question here.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by jay2019: 10:14am On May 06, 2019
Well to be honest he is wrong, because if a lady leaves a jobless man that is hard working with a great vision, to marry a man that has a job with no vision and the jobless man that is hard working with a great vision get blessed by God with a good job and the other man get to loose is job, how would the lady feel when she comes out one day for financial help and it is the same man she love so much but left because at the point of marriage he was jobless but now has a good job and a business of his own because of his great vision and he rendered the help, in which the decision she took was because of her pastor preaching, how would she look at the pastor when she goes to give testimony in church on Sunday for the urgent help and the man that God use to help her?
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by Indomixx: 10:17am On May 06, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
urs and the great ancestors are what you address like that, you call them the same name, even your 70yrs+ are also f and MD
Gid punish ur head.
I repeat one more time. Your father is a fool. A very big fool.
Re: Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men by Delivar(m): 10:41am On May 06, 2019
Michelle55:

Female.. Hope no problem?
Your response was fair and understanding to come from a female who will typically applaud what the pastor said and make fun of jobless men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Darwin's Day / Meet Grace Ojewande, 56-Year-Old Virgin Married To Prophet Samuel Abiara (Photo) / "My Mother Was Arrested" - Stephanie Otobo Speaks From Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.