Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,510 members, 7,836,963 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

I Will Train My Daughters To See Careers Over Marriage– Akin Alabi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Will Train My Daughters To See Careers Over Marriage– Akin Alabi (719 Views)

Actors Guild To Sanction Tonto Dikeh Over Marriage Saga / Seyi Law Apologizes To His Wife Over Marriage Crisis Joke / Yvonne Okoro Slams Kofi Okyere Darko Who Congratulated John Dumelo Over Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Train My Daughters To See Careers Over Marriage– Akin Alabi by johntraffic: 7:46pm On May 05, 2019
The CEO of Nairabet said this in a series of tweets on Sunday afternoon – Where he stressed that “patriarchy” has been fueled with the attitude and behaviour that marriage is the most important thing.
He decried how people have trivialised great academic and career achievement and placed marriage at the top of the hierarchy of life achievement.
He writes:
tweeted:
For you, all the progress she made all these years are “normal”. This is the ultimate. She has found a husband. You now like every post. You comment congratulations and go girl on every picture. To you, that is the only thing that matters. She has a man and must hold him tight.
For you, all the progress she made all these years are “normal”. This is the ultimate. She has found a husband. You now like every post. You comment congratulations and go girl on every picture. To you, that is the only thing that matters. She has a man and must hold him tight.
This is the kind of behavior and attitude that fuels patriarchy. Nigerian men know that for most women, their ultimate life ambition is getting married so they see themselves as gold. They see themselves as the vessel of happiness for women.
Many males do not know that because you have a penis, you don’t automatically become a man. Unfortunately, most women don’t agree. Any man is a man. Dirty, irresponsible, vile, violent… doesn’t matter. They say, at least I have a man.
I am not going to train my daughter to see marriage as the most important thing. I will let her value, health, education, career, finances and other things over marriage. Finding a good man as a partner forever will be icing for her and not the cake itself. She is the cake!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Train My Daughters To See Careers Over Marriage– Akin Alabi by Olufela30: 8:09pm On May 05, 2019
then they'd end up like Tonto Dick !!!
Re: I Will Train My Daughters To See Careers Over Marriage– Akin Alabi by Olalan(m): 8:18pm On May 05, 2019
As much as a lady chase her career dreams she should also be careful to include having a beautiful family in the future thus guiding her relationship with guys and choice of relations.
BTW from observations a good to work with female boss or superior is one with a happy marriage while the bossy, fustrating ones have issues with their marriage.
Re: I Will Train My Daughters To See Careers Over Marriage– Akin Alabi by GOFRONT(m): 8:48pm On May 05, 2019
This greedy one that can't even train himself to serve the people he is representing over His personal gain??...

This same Akin Alabi frowned at Musa for opting for borehole instead of receiving a house..
Re: I Will Train My Daughters To See Careers Over Marriage– Akin Alabi by catwalq(f): 9:42am On May 06, 2019
Y not allow them make that choice?

Not saying independence isn't a good thing - whether male or female - but family should always come first. Ask Steve Jobs or Richard Branson...

(1) (Reply)

In My Other Life, I Was A IndecentStar- Toke Makinwa / Naira Marley Releases New Music - “why” / Hollywood Celebrities Who Used To Be Strippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.