Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

What Every Child Needs Before Entry Into Secondary School! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Every Child Needs Before Entry Into Secondary School! (354 Views)

Nigerian Man Married His Secondary School Classmate (See Photos) / Every Child Can Drive Parents Crazy / Reasons Why Every Child Needs More Closeness That Anything Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Every Child Needs Before Entry Into Secondary School! by reign2013(m): 7:59pm On May 05, 2019
Growing up from infancy to youth and then to adulthood in the 21st century has become arguably more complex and demanding than it’s ever been. There are a lot of factors involved now in the mental, emotional and physical growth of a child.
As a 6-7 year old in primary school, I was the top of my class. Life was carefree and innocent. I was oblivious to the challenges ahead; not only in terms of academics but physically. I had not come to terms with the silent but inevitable change that occurs in every growing child, puberty.

I got into secondary school at the age of 11. It was so new to me. Bigger classrooms, more classmates, different subjects with their respective teachers, new places of learning such as science labs and art theaters. I met a lot of new people from different backgrounds. It was exciting and scary. This wasn’t my good old primary school where I used to sing and play with sand during break-time without a care in the world. It was more demanding.

Academically, I found it difficult to adapt initially even while being one of the most brilliant pupils from my primary school. I met other kids who were smarter than me. It was strange. My Confidence was draining. I soon realized it affected my self esteem. Something in which took me a long time before I could overcome.

Socially, I realized there was a hierarchy not just in the school administration but among the students. Senior students ruled and junior students obeyed. It was the norm.
In my class, I realized there were other agents I’d never known existed before; bullying, intimidation, bodyshaming, peer pressure, misplacement of priorities and of course; a strange attraction to some of the opposite sex. I couldn’t explain it. I was so distracted and lost. My first term result was below average. I hated secondary school. “No one told me it would be like this” I cried.

A lot of children have been through what I went through and came out a lot worst. They can easily pick up dangerous habits while in secondary school as a result of ignorance of what’s to come. That’s where this transition course comes in. It’s purpose is to enlighten these kids and show them a first hand experience of what it’s like in secondary school so they know what to expect and how to handle it. Some of the negative agents children encounter and sometimes learn in secondary school are ironed out to the kids so they can avoid them.

It’s very important especially for new Boarding secondary school students to take this course. They are more exposed to these agents and without monitoring and personal conviction, they may lose their way very early in life.

Wise parents have been enrolling their Ward's into our weekend online Switch programme. We have design this programme to prepare them for life in secondary school.

Kindly click on the handle below to join our WhatsApp group for further discussion.

https:///H4BbwWUJCngLkaDljOQJWs

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Found Out Your Kid Wasn’t Yours By Getting A Paternity Test? / Warn Your Ward To Beware Of Friends / Daughter Of Mother Jailed In Iran Reunited With Dad In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.