Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m (3893 Views)

Court Orders Gov Lamido, 3 Others To Pay APC Candidate N30m In Damages / Under Aged Children Collecting PVC In The North / Adeboye Curses Pastors Collecting Bribes From Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by Abagworo(m): 6:46am On Sep 21, 2010
Tuesday, September 21 , 2010 Gunmen suspected to be hired assassins have killed Dr. Stanley Uche, proprietor of Victory Christian Hospital, Aba, Abia State after allegedly collecting N30 million ransom from the wife. Uche, a gynaecologist who hailed from Mbano, Imo State was said to be travelling home with the wife last Friday for the burial of his younger sister when he was kidnapped alongside the wife by gunmen. The gunmen, who were believed to have trailed the couple from Aba on that fateful day, later kidnapped them as they headed towards Imo State. Daily Sun gathered that the slain medical doctor's wife was released after a while and asked to source for N50 million in order to secure her husband's freedom. It was also gathered that the wife rallied round and by Monday morning was able to gather N30 million which she took to her husband' s abductors. In a sheer act of wickedness, as the woman went about to gather the ransom money, the hoodlums killed her husband and concealed the information from her. Unaware of what had befallen her medical doctor husband, the lady arrived at the agreed location with the N30 million, which she handed over to the hoodlums and demanded to see her husband. But the woman met what she never bargained for. After collecting the money from her, she was reportedly taken by the gunmen to a spot where her husband was stone dead. The abductors also ordered her to take away the body immediately. The development hadfuelled speculations that the medical doctor who was said to be very humane and considerate in discharging his professional duties, might be a victim of high wired conspiracy by some interest groups. When Daily Sun visited the murdered doctor's hospital on Monday morning, many of the patients who had come to see him on appointment, were seen moving about shocked. A pregnant woman, who claimed she was overdue for the delivery of her baby, said; “the time I'm supposed to have put to bed had passed and the doctor asked me to come today (Monday) to be able to know what to do, but I came this morning only to be told he had been killed. What do I do now?” she queried while sobbing. The police could not be reached for comments as the area commander of the Nigeria Police, Aba area command was said to be away on official duty when Daily Sun visited his office.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by slap1(m): 6:59am On Sep 21, 2010
Dr. Uche's body was still lying on the road as at yesterday. The amount was N3mil, not N30 million. Tragic!
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by oderemo(m): 7:35am On Sep 21, 2010
The amount was N3mil, not N30 million. Tragic
even @ 3 naira. these abductors will not know peace till kingdom come. amen. awon omo ale. bastards.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by bigben3: 7:39am On Sep 21, 2010
Another tragic story!When will all this end?
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by slap1(m): 7:42am On Sep 21, 2010
ode remo:

even @ 3 naira. these abductors will not know peace till kingdom come. amen. awon omo ale. bastards.
That's the prayer on everyone's lips.
big-ben:

As soon as the government wants.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 21, 2010
Igbo kwenu!!

Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by chiozor: 8:24am On Sep 21, 2010
@slap1
what about putting anoyomous call to IGP detailing some of these things to him, I understand that perpetrators of these crime walk freely in Aba and the village where they are is popularly known, just thinking aloud
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by yemmight(m): 8:28am On Sep 21, 2010
I dont think they are just kidnappers. They could be assassins. Quite unfortunate. Pity the poor woman. sad
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by ReachRich(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2010
Bad news.God pls come and rescue the city of Aba from these evil men.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by slap1(m): 9:16am On Sep 21, 2010
chiozor:

@slap1
what about putting anoyomous call to IGP detailing some of these things to him, I understand that perpetrators of these crime walk freely in Aba and the village where they are is popularly known, just thinking aloud
I'd love to, but I don't have his number or his e-mail addy, if not I'd have gotten a new SIM card and a new e-mail addy for that purpose. The boys walk freely on the streets. My dad was telling me this morning before he left that they drove into Ariaria the day they brought the threat letter. He said he SAW them, they came in a Toyota Hilux.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by jamace(m): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2010
But why? just thinking aloud sad sad
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by chiozor: 10:22am On Sep 21, 2010
@slap1
just like Rivers have Emergency Call-112 which connects distress call to the Police Room, is there none for Abia State.
by the way, what was the justification of promoting the AIG in Abia to IGP,
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by FACE(m): 10:38am On Sep 21, 2010
chiozor:

@slap1
just like Rivers have Emergency Call-112 which connects distress call to the Police Room, is there none for Abia State.

That was an eyebrow-raising decision. The rate of crime in Aba alone should have been enough reason to put him on probation, talk less of promotion.

I weep for Aba. The place is gradually being brought to its knees. I heard that cost of accommodation has gone through the roof in Owerri and umuahia because of mass relocation from Aba, all because of a few rascals that shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to smoke out and flush out.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by desgiezd(m): 10:56am On Sep 21, 2010
This Abia thing has gone beyond an alarming rate. Isnt this enough for the declaration of a state of emergency there or what does it take to declare one?

The assassins, after killing the man has left the widow in a pool of debt. This must not be allowed to go un-challenged.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by slap1(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2010
chiozor:

@slap1
There is nothing like that in Aba. I've even pondered contacting the Rivers State Force coz one of the camps is in Etchie, Rivers State.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by chiozor: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2010
i am grossly pissed off, the military has some good reasons of not attacking the Niger Delta millitant because of the environment, swamppy and mangrove e.t.c but no reason to allow rascality in such fair ground, I was thinking our military are good on land. and to add source to injuiry is that the people responsible are known and Government is planning to negotiate with the criminals. what in jesus name are these animals in Aba fighting for, oil undecided
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by Mobinga: 11:38am On Sep 21, 2010
Please oh! Abeg they should stick to kidnapping public office holders, not some poor medical doctors. . My family is made up of doctors cry cry cry
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by slap1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2010
^It's a random thing. When the Timber market was raided two weeks ago, majority of the victims were ordinary struggling guys without shops of their own.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2010
Mobinga:

Please oh! Abeg they should stick to kidnapping public office holders, not some poor medical doctors. . My family is made up of doctors cry cry cry

To kidnap public officers hard oooo.They don share the whole policemen among themselves. Nigerian police has been transformed to politicians police! SHAME
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2010
Months after the President called for state of Emergency in the state? and the problems continue . . .
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 22, 2010
Truly tragic. Mans inhumanity to man.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by snowdrops(m): 12:15am On Sep 22, 2010
[size=18pt]UNTIL KIDNAPPERS ARE BEHEADED AND THEIR BODY FED TO VULTURES THIS NONSENSE WILL NOT END.[/size]
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 22, 2010
^ won't solve anything.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:01am On Sep 22, 2010
big-ben:

when the govt declares a state of emergency in abia and enact a law that attracts the death penalty for kidnappers. until then this men of the underworld will keep having a field day. angry
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by snowdrops(m): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2010
Horayce:

^ won't solve anything.
At least it would be one kidnapper less.

A dead kidnapper is better than a living one. FULL STOP.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by Orikinla(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2010
The PDP Government has failed us. Nobody is safe in Nigeria.

We must sack the PDP in the next elections.

We must take Nigeria back from the criminals in power who are responsible for the insecurity in the country.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by snowdrops(m): 11:16am On Sep 22, 2010
Orikinla:

The PDP Government has failed us. Nobody is safe in Nigeria.

We must sack the PDP in the next elections.

We must take Nigeria back from the criminals in power who are responsible for the insecurity in the country.

but the criminals also have a responsibility. they have a choice of being a vagabond or not. obj/jonathan etc did not force them to pick up arms and start kidnapping innocent people and killing some as shown above.

Nigerians have to rise up and form vigilante groups that seek out kidnappers and their supporters and burn/bury them alive in public.

they need to be shocked that enough is enough and the rubbish must stop.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by Abagworo(m): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2010
Be on the look out for alarmingly increased kidnappings in Imo and Rivers States this year end.This is a prophesy and I am not T.B. Joshua.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by ezegold4we: 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2010
what is happening in this city of aba is unprecedented,since last week i packed my car because of these guys,they r having a free day here,nobody is giving them a challenge,the gov,t,and the security agencies has been over powered by these guys,infact abia state is a kingdom being controlled and ruled by men of the under-world,since monday about 8 medical doctors has left the city with their families,prominent men are living the city everyday,infact the only thing that will bring final antidote to this mess is prayer and the prohets in the city,as for the security agents,they r all afraid of their own lifes,and these kidnappers are not sparing them at all,make una dey pray for us.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by slap1(m): 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2010
I'm reading my Sociology text book now and the serenity of my neighbourhood is frightening and unusual. You don't get this kind of quietness even in Xmas period. People are leaving the town. The major markets are now dry. Some families don't know where the next meal is coming from. Around 2am, I heard gunshots. This morning, we heard two people have been killed in the Gas Line area. Last night I went to watch the Tottenham vs Arsenal match in a viewing centre. On my way back I saw a car's headlights coming from a distance. . .my brother, I took cover somewhere till the car passed.
snowdrops:

Nigerians have to rise up and form vigilante groups that seek out kidnappers and their supporters and burn/bury them alive in public.

With catapult or pestle? If you hear the sound of the guns these boys carry about you'll just pack your family and hit the road. Even PHCN no dey gree come cut light again. Everybody dey fear.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by texazzpete(m): 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
Horayce:

^ won't solve anything.

It will solve EVERYTHING.
I hope they re-introduce public firing squads for kidnappers, ritual killers and armed robbers.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Medical Doctor …after Collecting N30m by snowdrops(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2010
slap1:

With catapult or pestle? If you hear the sound of the guns these boys carry about you'll just pack your family and hit the road. Even PHCN no dey gree come cut light again. Everybody dey fear.

I completely feel your concerns bro. However, these criminals remain a minority in the society and the power of the people will always prevail.

Public meetings need to be held and the people decide on how to protect themselves and seize their lands back from the hoodlums. Contributions can be made covertly to procure arms, machine guns, grenade, bombs, etc. FIRE NEED TO BE MET WITH FIRE since the police have failed to protect lives and property and violence is the only language the criminals understand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Mindset Of Average Tribalist On Nairaland. / The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation / Revealed: Abuja Was Part Of Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.