Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help (5653 Views)

Amb. McCulley Moves To Fast Track Issuing US Visas To Nigerians / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Chetti: 9:42am On Sep 21, 2010
I have to apply for a new passport. I live in Sweden and the embassy here doesn´t issue passports. They told me to get a emergency travelling document to travel to Nigeria and apply for a new passport there.

But I would like to do it here in Europe. (?!)

* What countries in Europe issue passports?

* What would you think is the easiest and fastest way for me to get a new passport?

* Should I do it in Nigeria or somewhere here in Europe?

Please give me all your adviceyou have!!
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by hadexman(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2010
Chetti:

I have to apply for a new passport. I live in Sweden and the embassy here doesn´t issue passports. They told me to get a emergency travelling document to travel to Nigeria and apply for a new passport there.

But I would like to do it here in Europe. (?!)

* What countries in Europe issue passports?

* What would you think is the easiest and fastest way for me to get a new passport?

* Should I do it in Nigeria or somewhere here in Europe?

Please give me all your adviceyou have!!

Are you a Swedish citizen? If you have a Swedish passport, then get yourself a visa to Nigeria and when you get there you apply for the new passport.
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Chetti: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2010
No, I´m a nigerian citizen
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by hadexman(m): 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
Chetti:

No, I´m a nigerian citizen

Did you passport expire?
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Chetti: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
I lost it 2003. It expired 2009 anyhow.
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Krosslife(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
First, contact Nigeria Embassy in UK ask them if you can apply for it there. If not, the best alternative is to come to Nigeria and apply for it yourself. You can collect it in a day if you are able to get all the necessary documents together for the passport application. Don't even try the online version (e-passport) because your presence is still required on the day of issuance and collection where your thumbprints, fingerprints and your real passport photo would be taken to authenticate the real owner of the passport. I can direct you to where you can get it done quickly without much ado or stress. I got mine in a day. So, contact me if you are a real Nigerian citizen but not a Ghanaian claiming Nigerian passport. ajibawoolusola@gmail.com
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by blackcat1: 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2010
As the current Nigerian passport will cease to be a legal document by December 2010. You will have to apply for the new e-passport. You can do that in any of the Nigerian Embassies in Spain or Italy and yes you will be asked to be present. Call and enquire from them before making the journey.
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Chetti: 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2010
Krosslife:

First, contact Nigeria Embassy in UK ask them if you can apply for it there. If not, the best alternative is to come to Nigeria and apply for it yourself. You can collect it in a day if you are able to get all the necessary documents together for the passport application. Don't even try the online version (e-passport) because your presence is still required on the day of issuance and collection where your thumbprints, fingerprints and your real passport photo would be taken to authenticate the real owner of the passport. I can direct you to where you can get it done quickly without much ado or stress. I got mine in a day. So, contact me if you are a real Nigerian citizen but not a Ghanaian claiming Nigerian passport. ajibawoolusola@gmail.com

Thank you for your answer. So it takes like one day to get a nigerian passport i Nigeria? How much does it cost?
For me to go to England is very expensive.
I think I´ll apply for an emergency travelling certificate from the nigerian embassy here in Sweden and then do my passport in Nigeria. Do you think the migration border at the nigerian airport will cause a lot of trouble, asking for money etc.? Just to enter with that emergency travelling document?
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Krosslife(m): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2010
@ Chetti: Thank you for your answer. So it takes like one day to get a nigerian passport i Nigeria? How much does it cost? For me to go to England is very expensive. I think I´ll apply for an emergency travelling certificate from the nigerian embassy here in Sweden and then do my passport in Nigeria. Do you think the migration border at the nigerian airport will cause a lot of trouble, asking for money etc.? Just to enter with that emergency travelling document?

I paid N17, 500 for the passport i got in a day. I don't think the migration officers at the airport will give you any unnecessary trouble. However, just in case, because of Nigerian factor; prepare yourself to give them something (only if they ask for it). But with your emergency travel certificate, i don't expect them to give you any undue anxiety. If its necessary, email me when you're around. ajibawoolusola@gmail.com
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Chetti: 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2010
Krosslife:

I paid N17, 500 for the passport i got in a day. I don't think the migration officers at the airport will give you any unnecessary trouble. However, just in case, because of Nigerian factor; prepare yourself to give them something (only if they ask for it). But with your emergency travel certificate, i don't expect them to give you any undue anxiety. If its necessary, email me when you're around. ajibawoolusola@gmail.com

Thanks once again! I´m travelling with my wife and three kids so hopefully no problem at the airport. But I´ll brings some kudi definetely.
Thanks again!
Take care
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 26, 2010
-
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2011
Hi
I just applied for emergency trevel certificate in london. and on it it was written 'leaving from london' but i live in aberdeen and am leaving from aberdeen. Does the disparity matter? they have refused to change it claiming it doesnt matter but i dont know. has anyone out there has that issue before?
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Vicjustice: 11:40pm On May 16, 2011
@ Poster,
By terms and conditions, you are not eligible to apply for your passport at any Nigerian embassy except in the country where you legally reside; but in the situation where there is no embassy in your country of stay, then a presiding Nigerian embassy in another country would take charge.
Now, given that there is a Nigerian embassy in Stockholm, you can only do your passport at it or in Nigeria.
Remember that among other things, you need a proof of address, proof of residence permit, a Nigerian guarantor and his/her proof of same in order to apply for a passport at the embassy.

Chetti:

I lost it 2003. It expired 2009 anyhow.
You lost your passport in 2003, (after being in service for a period of time), and it expired in 2009?
Was your passport valid for 20 years, are you sure you really ever had a Nigerian Passport?
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Vicjustice: 11:51pm On May 16, 2011
eme+ify:

Hi
I just applied for emergency trevel certificate in london. and on it it was written 'leaving from london' but i live in aberdeen and am leaving from aberdeen. Does the disparity matter? they have refused to change it claiming it doesnt matter but i dont know. has anyone out there has that issue before?
   It really wouldn't matter, the UK immigration would be more than delighted to see you leave their country by any means and from any airport: All they would do is to make a pen-written remark on the TC to correct the error
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by yemmy27: 7:40am On May 17, 2011
@ vicjustice.
well,i dont talk to a low level like u, if am not able to do it then i will not post it here.remember nothing is impossible in nigeria, dont ever reply me again, u are not my type u snitch!getting u a e-passport is genuine and can never have problem with immigration cos they are the one that issue it, think before you reply gay!
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by yemmy27: 7:46am On May 17, 2011
I have been to 7 different countries ,more than 7 though but i count scheghen to be one, so If things are not possible i will not say it, There was a time i crossed from Turkey to greece and from Greece to spain and later i got myself a passport, Its a mystery i cant tell u how its going to happen but for real ,YOU CAN GET AN E-PASSPORT WITHOUT APPEARING, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by Vicjustice: 9:02am On May 17, 2011
yemmy27:

I have been to 7 different countries ,more than 7 though but i count scheghen to be one, so If things are not possible i will not say it, There was a time i crossed from Turkey to greece and from Greece to spain and later i got myself a passport, Its a mystery i cant tell u how its going to happen but for real ,YOU CAN GET AN E-PASSPORT WITHOUT APPEARING, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!
   Say this Jargon tales to those foolish enough to do business with a worthless someone like you; if really you've ever looked over Nigerian shores from the sky, you would have known the meaning of the word "Proxy Passport" and the consequences of being caught in possession of one.
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by justwise(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2011
yemmy27:

You are everything that is wrong with Nigeria.
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by yemmy27: 2:00pm On May 17, 2011
@ Vicjustice
                   Dont insalt me here and mind the way u talk to people Here.I dont think its a crime for me to post what am able to do for people.For example when an hausa man wants to buy medicine from U after you have explained or described how the medicine works?He will ask u a question that Have you used this medicine before and did it worked for you??what am trying to imply is that I am capable of doing it.It will be issued genuinely by the immigration, THINK VERY WELL BEFORE YOU INTERFERE ON SOMEONES ISSUE.
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by deji2big: 3:26pm On May 17, 2011
i will give you the contact details of an officer in lagos, ikoyi i will give u his phone number for only 5k contact me at amokundeji@yahoo.com You dont need to come to naija
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by justwise(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2011
deji2big:

i will give you the contact details of an officer in lagos, ikoyi i will give u his phone number for only 5k contact me at amokundeji@yahoo.com You dont need to come to naija

Shameless fool.
Re: The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help by franklinzx05: 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
Good morning,

My name is Frank, I'm a Nigerian living in the U.S. I have a lot of questions and I'll appreciate an honest answer. I was trying to renew my Nigerian passport at the Nigeria embassy at Washington D.C and they couldn't do it. They tried several times and it keep saying my fingerprint don't match and that I have another open application for a passport. That makes no sense to me and they told me the only way to get it fixed is going back to Nigeria to get it done. Now my E-passport expired April last year 2016 and the embassy in D.C stamped my passport as Cancelled.

I think the problem started when I first applied for my passport in Nigeria to come live in the U.S years ago and the names was spelled incorrectly, so I traveled back to Abuja Nigeria to get the name corrected. The officer who helped me with the name correction might have left an application open and didn't take the time to make sure everything was good.. I don't know but I'm just saying..

I know I have to get an emergency travel document to come to Nigeria but the question is...will that be something I can get done quicker like about a week if I travel to Abuja?

I will appreciate a good feedback and help on my situation.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Refused To Take Feet Off Seat And Keeps Foot Between Man’s Legs / 6 Jobs In Canada That Are Dirty And Lucrative / Nigerians Cannot Apply Armenia Visa Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.