Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

What Happened To Manchester United? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / What Happened To Manchester United? (5279 Views)

Official: I Hereby Decamp From Chelsea FC To Manchester City FC / Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by viee(f): 12:58pm On May 03, 2007
@phemm

d rain?

eyaaaaaaaaa!

hvnt they heard the song; rain rain go away, come again another day little boys want to play!

of course, AC Milan was on the side of the pitch that had shed simply because they are the home team, wicked AC Milan! grin grin grin
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by babs787(m): 1:04pm On May 03, 2007
@phemm

You will always have something to say. So it was the rain that caused your defeat huh.

If the rain caused the two goals in the first half, what of the 3rd scored in second half, was it caused by rain too?

Man. Disunited

@9ja4eva

See, you cheksie never reach final stage for your life. We Gunners be your papa as far as champions league is concerned.

Yeye cheksie

By the way, are you both just returning from hospital?

grin
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by loyika(m): 1:05pm On May 03, 2007
See all these Clowns

Hear Sir Alex (who is a better person than most of you Muppets)

"By refusing to allow next weekend's Manchester derby at Eastlands to be put back a day, he claimed, the league had handicapped his team. "I think it was an unfair decision," he said. "The television people were happy to play the game on Sunday morning, but the Premier League said no because they wanted to protect the integrity of their competition. A lot of other countries would help their clubs. So there's a problem there."

Is that Not whinig

" Milan kept the ball far better than us. They've been together for many years and that great experience is not to be dismissed. Compared to that, my team lacks experience."

No oh!! I guess when Wenger talks of experience in Comps he does not know what he is saying;

"You only get that by keeping a team together over a long period."

Words of wisdom Sir Alex, please send a mail to each Nairaland Muppet that feels they know something about this game.

" I think Rooney did OK. Ronaldo's had a disappointing night and he knows that. But they're young. They'll have seen the professionalism and experience of Milan, which is a good indication of where they've got to get to. But it doesn't just apply to them. It applies to all the players."

Oh sir, according to some of your supporters, those guys should be superheroes every game.

SILLY PLONKERS tongue tongue

cool GOONER 89

P.S. When folks are talking Chelsea Muppets should please hide their faces. Cause if you only end up with the Carling Cup, Your Russian benefactor will send all supporters and the manager packing, and try to rent crowds from Liverpool to put in his stadia for match days.

Chelsea tongue FFS When did Chelsea start growing balls just 2 seasons ago, and its all coming off the wheel faster than Jose can blame anything other than himself for every defeat.
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by One: 1:10pm On May 03, 2007
What you saw there was superior experience. ManU has got youth and speed but AC showed football is more about experience and strategy. Once Rooney and Ronaldo were caged, finito ! AC had the day. I give it up for Kaka, Gattuso and Seedorf. Magnificient players. Liverpool is in for the match of their lives. I think AC Milan will win.
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by koribo(m): 1:21pm On May 03, 2007
i think liverpool will still defeat AC again. though form last nights match one wud think AC are fabulous. but u cant take away the fact that they wia at home. home court advantage is a very big factor at that level. On neutral grounds , i can guarantee the cup is comin to england so chealsea and Man utd fans dont hate, support us!
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by loyika(m): 1:28pm On May 03, 2007
Another Truism from yesterdays game and Sir Alex, that has a similar look and feel to Arsene's views;

[b]"AC Milan beat United 1-0 both home and away on their way to the final two years ago - results that prompted Ferguson to conclude his young team was not mature enough to prosper on the European stage.

He was asked the same question again on Wednesday by an Italian journalist who politely asked what United's excuse for failing was this time round.

Ferguson reiterated several times that AC Milan had grown up together in recent years and in the likes of Clarence Seedorf have more know-how on the biggest of stages.

"My team lack the type of experience AC Milan have gained. That type of experience can't be dismissed. We have to keep the team together and grow the team like Milan have done," insisted the United boss.

United have not been convincing away from home for several years in Europe now. You have to go back to the Ryan Giggs-inspired win in Juventus four years ago for the last time United really impressed away from Old Trafford in the competition.

That isn't good enough and at least the signs of improvement have been present this season, though Cristiano Ronaldo in particular was below par against Milan."[/b]

So all these clowns that know nothing about footie should shut up tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 03, 2007
Mr. Know-it-all, what really happened yesterday? Must United always win every match?
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 03, 2007
In my opinion the Italians were too physical mostly on Ronaldo and the referee contributed immensely in frustrating the two times European champions. The weather did not help us too.
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by loyika(m): 1:48pm On May 03, 2007
Listen Fynewaka angry

Save yourself the stress of getting on my nerves angry

Here read;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6618267.stm

http://football.guardian.co.uk/championsleague200607/story/0,,2071285,00.html

From Sir Alex Ferguson

When you finish reading (knowing you that might take the whole bleeping day) come back with something sensible to say.

Please do that after you finish reading what your Coach has said, and spare us your own useless analysis tongue Cause last time i checked you are not the Coach

cool GOONER 89
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by nonysmith(m): 1:53pm On May 03, 2007
abeggggggggg e give it to ac milan they were far better than man utd.and pls i did not know it no longer rains in england grin grin grin cool
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 03, 2007
loyika:

Listen Fynewaka angry

Save yourself the stress of getting on my nerves angry

Here read;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6618267.stm

http://football.guardian.co.uk/championsleague200607/story/0,,2071285,00.html

From Sir Alex Ferguson

When you finish reading (knowing you that might take the whole bleeping day) come back with something sensible to say.

Please do that after you finish reading what your Coach has said, and spare us your own useless analysis tongue Cause last time i checked you are not the Coach

cool GOONER 89

When I say some people are fools on this forum, this is exactly what I mean. Are you saying fynewaka is not entitled to his opinion? Please get civilized and be sensible.
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by mukina2: 2:02pm On May 03, 2007
Fynewaka why you dey call names now

he was just tryin to put some of you guys straight

unlike maureen Sir gays accepts his lose and points out theri mistakes embarassed

Milan and manscum are poles apart

it wasnt no one's fault that you lost
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by adconline(m): 2:03pm On May 03, 2007
power pass power
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by hola2ng(m): 2:06pm On May 03, 2007
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by loyika(m): 2:06pm On May 03, 2007
All Muppets aside tongue

This was how David Pleat (and please anyone that doesn't know who David Pleat is should do his research before he comes and opens his/her mouth here tongue You have the Internet!! Use it) analysed the game.

[b]Oddo and Jankulovski outflank United's plan of attack

Milan's marauding full-backs were key to their domination of Man Utd.

David PleatMay 3, 2007 12:57 AM

It will be hard for Sir Alex Ferguson to accept but, from right-back where John O'Shea's delivery was poor to outside left where Cristiano Ronaldo over-dribbled, Manchester United were one degree under last night. Regardless of the manager's tactics, desire, belief and ability were the overriding factors which took Milan to Athens.

The Italian club's high-pressure game, spurred as it was by Gennaro Gattuso and complemented by Massimo Ambrosini, Andrea Pirlo and Clarence Seedorf, roared into their opponents with great hustle and bustle. United, in contrast, looked pedestrian. Kaka, linking with his midfield, interchanged brilliantly, passing the ball simply and outmanoeuvring Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher and Paul Scholes.

The United trio needed help against a quartet of midfield opponents plus the effervescent Kaka, who stole into space at will. The Brazilian needed nailing but his cunning gave the returning Nemanja Vidic, as well as Wes Brown, a problem while the United centre-backs tried to guard a bright Filippo Inzaghi.

Yet the most important issue for United to address was the rampaging forward movement of the Milan full-backs, Massimo Oddo and Marek Jankulovski. With Alessando Nesta and Kakha Kaladze looking after the pallid Wayne Rooney, the full-backs declared war down the flanks, forcing Ryan Giggs and Ronaldo, the visitors' wide men, to chase back towards their own goal. This damaged the Premiership side's chances of making any real impact and left Rooney horribly alone up front. United's response was to mirror Milan's shape - Giggs centrally off Rooney, Fletcher on the right, Ronaldo on the left. United played higher up the field, with more zip to their game. But Milan softened their approach, protecting the lead.

When United broke, in general they took one touch too many and always gave Milan a chance to double up and cover. With Scholes too far from the opponents' goal, Rooney had no one close enough to work with. Louis Saha, on with 13 minutes left for O'Shea, came much too late and actually served to open up more midfield space. The damage had been done in the early minutes when Milan had set their stall out in such positive fashion.[/b]

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/05/03/oddo_and_jankulovski_outflank.html

cool GOONER 89
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by Razorr(f): 2:12pm On May 03, 2007
WORD! grin grin
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by loyika(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin

fynewaka calling somebody else a fool grin cheesy cheesy grin

First Atiku said he would fight corruption if elected , now this cheesy

Fynewaka its ok Bro. You are entitled to your Opinions.

Would help if we understood what they are though, as most of us don't speak/understand "THRASH". (Where do we enrol to learn that )

It's all good Bro, just pulling your legs again grin can't you scummies just take a joke grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by hola2ng(m): 2:16pm On May 03, 2007
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by spora(m): 2:18pm On May 03, 2007
I dont pity selfish people.

The other day they were scoring goals as if it was going our of fashion.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7

SEVEN goalllsssssss

Now Imagine this:

What if they scored just 3 and store 4 for yesterday.

Men, I will make a good (TECHNICAL) ADVISER, you know

Now look at these.

Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by spora(m): 2:19pm On May 03, 2007
And these

Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by ifect: 2:21pm On May 03, 2007
MANUre was trash yesterday meen, someone sed aresenal fans shud not talk, nigga, we reached the finals last year, and though we lost, we lost with HONOUR, 2-1 is a very honourable scoreline, but AC 3 - MANURE 0, thats not HONORABLE at all, i wonder what the rest of the world will think when they hear the league leaders were trashed 3 -0. yesterday, MANU was not even on the field, KAKA was awesome, Ronaldo was lost. ROnaldo is the best player in the world indeed after he melted like wax in the presence of KAKA
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 03, 2007
We lost, chelsea also lost. Why is our loss magnified out of proportion? Anyway, the answer is not far-fetched. When a dog bites a man we consider it normal but when a man bites a dog people misinterprete it for madness!
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by loyika(m): 2:30pm On May 03, 2007
shocked shocked

Are you now saying you guys have Rabies shocked shocked Damn!! You are also saying you SCUMMIES ARE ALL MAD shocked shocked

Bro i hail your "HOME TRUTHS". If only other Mancs would accept the facts like you, the world and Nairaland would be a better place grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by Razorr(f): 2:33pm On May 03, 2007
Haa haa haa haa haa haa! grin grin grin

Loyika, you're crazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! grin grin grin Give it to them bro! grin grin
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by otokx(m): 2:36pm On May 03, 2007
it was a pitable sight; they kind of knew that it was all over. the coach should have had a back up plan but it appears he had a cold. Did you notice that he changed clothes in the 2nd half or was i imagining things? He should have made all player changes immediately after the 2nd goal was scored.
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by hola2ng(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2007
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by Tobiegal(f): 2:54pm On May 03, 2007
grin Man. Utd, jst got a share of dir own tastless medicine!

How does it feel now? huh? lipsrsealed

bt realy how r d mighty falling?!
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 03, 2007
hey 9ja 4ever so me and u fit ever they same side , manutd for life
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by hustler(m): 2:57pm On May 03, 2007
What Happened to Man U

I am surpirised sum one could be asking this question.  Well i will take it that u prolly didnt see the game last night.

Well they were outclassed by a team of superior quality, technique and intelligence. They showed the whole world that football isn't all about speed and running like a gazelle around the pitch without gaining nothing well, except the fake rave reviews from the English press men.(LOL)

Scholes,Ronaldo, Rooney and Carrick looked lost in that game like they were in another planet.And it wasnt because they were not in form. They were simply out classed by a superior team. Please note.

Gattuso covered every length of the pitch and won almost every ball. Kaka showed the world that he is the world (non-hyped) footballer of this year by using his brain all the time and always getting into dangerous positions and being very hard to pick up.

Seedorf showed the world it's not about the age but the technique and intelligence.

Nesta showed that he is back to his very best. Oddo and Marek used the flanks more and confused the inexperienced Man u more.

Dida was brimming with confidence. Ancelotti got every tactic right. Ambrosini dominated aerially as usual. Pirlo gave away balls cheaply but succeeded in getting Scholes missing in the game. Kaldze filled in well for Maldini.Pippo caused them problems with his off the ball runs.

Gila showed them that italian strikers can get it right at young ages.

I guess this sums up what really happened to Man U.And you heard it from a true Milan fan.

FORZA MILAN
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by A40(m): 3:13pm On May 03, 2007
Kaka for European footballer of the year or is it Balon D'OR, Man U just went out and disgraced the whole of England last night it is games like these that make people argue that the Premiership is not the strongest league in the world
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by tng(f): 3:18pm On May 03, 2007
What would u now say of Chelsea[quote][/quote]

There is nothing to say about chelsea.We lost on penalties. A game cant get further than that.What can we say about Man U?
Just like everyone has said, they were outdone in every dept on the field.
@fynewaka
It is being"magnified" because the league leaders couldnt even put up a fight when it mattered most.
Re: What Happened To Manchester United? by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 03, 2007
[/color][color=#990000]
yeye! people. Hw is Arsenal playing FUTBOL!
Beta change to Liverpool and U WILL NEVER WORK ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm / Manchester United Vs Reading (1 - 0) on 16th March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.