Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,910 members, 7,841,442 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? (572 Views)

Bride Mocks Her Ex For Saying No Man Would Ever Marry Her (Photos, Video) / See What I Did To My Ex For Cheating On Me. / I’ve Been Unable To Move On After Breaking Up With My Ex For Cheating On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? by databoy247(m): 5:25pm On May 06, 2019
When is it right to have SEX before marriage?

Seriously,who has the right to declare the man and woman married...

The pastor or the parents?

A pastor friend of mine told me that he thinks pastor are merely duplicating what the parents have done at the traditional marriage.

He said, once a woman has been given out in marriage, once bride price is paid...

They both can start having sex because marriage is consummated but some other pastors are saying 'No, you cant'.

Most churches even say...

'No, it is not traditional marriage, it is engagement and the woman must undergo pregnancy test 2weeks before marriage'

So, he asked me (but i've got no answer)

'Why should a church ask a woman to undergo 2weeks pregnancy test after she has been given out by her family,bride price collected?'

'Is this what those who brought Christianity to us do or we are just living in self delusion?'

What do you think?

copied.

Re: Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:36pm On May 06, 2019
When BOTH feel that they are ready, then they should have sex..... Whether before marriage OR 1yr after marriage.
Re: Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? by SUPERPACK: 5:36pm On May 06, 2019
The father of the bride decides, the church is just creating duplicates.
Re: Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:50pm On May 06, 2019
Christianity has not caused anything, any couple who is unable to abide by the principles of church wedding can forget it. After traditional marriage couples are free to have sex. It affects those who keep a wide gap between the traditional marriage and white wedding, becos if they have sex after traditional marriage, the lady may take in before the white wedding.
Re: Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? by Oluromantic: 6:24pm On May 06, 2019
Pastor ko, pastress ni. Them dey mad. Once I pay full bride price and do traditional marriage, pastor or not, i go make love to my wife. All the witnesses needed to make it clear that I did the right thing and not that I stole d wife are there in d trad wedding

After trad, maybe registry in case anyone of us may be going abroad. But pastor or not is not by force.
Re: Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? by bolafez(m): 6:26pm On May 06, 2019
word✌️
Re: Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? by BluntBlunt: 7:16pm On May 06, 2019
Once the bride price has been paid I don't see what's stopping them. But if both the girl and the guy want to wait till the church blesses the Union they can. All these should be discussed even before agreeing to get married.
Re: Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:45pm On May 06, 2019
That is why it is encouraged that most people should do traditional wedding a day before the white wedding, that way if the husband sleeps with the wife after the traditional, it can't be detected a day after.
Re: Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? by databoy247(m): 12:13pm On May 07, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Christianity has not caused anything, any couple who is unable to abide by the principles of church wedding can forget it. After traditional marriage couples are free to have sex. It affects those who keep a wide gap between the traditional marriage and white wedding, becos if they have sex after traditional marriage, the lady may take in before the white wedding.

And is there anything wrong with the lady taking in AFTER the traditional marriage?
Re: Who Decides First S.ex For New Couples? Parents Or Pastors? by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:50pm On May 07, 2019
If she wount do white wedding, it is not wrong. But if she will do white wedding, then it's wrong because many churches don't wed a pregnant bride.
databoy247:

And is there anything wrong with the lady taking in AFTER the traditional marriage?

(1) (Reply)

Openly Nigerian gay Man Reveals why he turned down a wedding invite this weekend / Does This Guy Truly Love Me? / 20 Signs A Man Is Ready For Marriage And 13 Signs He's Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.