Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) (770 Views)

Kylian Mbappe's Father Speaks About Corruption In Africa. / In Remembrance Of Sam Okwaraji: 5 Facts About Nigeria’s Football Martyr / Meet The Nigeria Football Team Of 1962 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by cue64: 2:54am On May 07, 2019
I’m honestly not a Good writer or story teller, heck I don’t even know where to start from. But I really need to tell this story so a lot of People will realize why Some of the most talented youngsters never eventually make it to the National team... Ps this is a true life story and I don’t intend to change name location or time.. infact I want some of the people involved to see this so they can realize how some of them successfully kill the dreams of talented young Nigerians for their own selfish interest... so sit back and let me gist you what happened. I might make so many mistakes oh so please feel free to correct me..... Xiè xiè
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by cue64: 3:20am On May 07, 2019
No long story let me just go straight to the point...
First you all know that the players that were supposed to represent Nigeria at the 2013 U17 championship, 95percent of them failed the mandatory MRI test. Which led to the coach promoting players from the national U15 team to U17. I have always here people say that team (the2013 U17 team) was one of the most talented teams Nigeria has produced.. they were very talented no doubt but if you think those were the best legs then honestly you have No idea how talented Nigerians truly are.. why am I saying this? Becos my problem actually came from that particular team (The national U15 team). Right from the beginning that team was built on lies, bribes, and serious corruption. How did know this? Becos I was a member of that particular team in the beginning when it was the national U13 I saw how it started from the beginning, and witnessed first hand what happens when you have no power person to back you up in Nigeria sports. How it all started... on one raining morning Exactly one year after the first NFF U13 Championship the secretary of my states ministry of Education accompanied with two gentle men, walked into our training Ground. Seeing this man always gives us this kind of excitement, becos when ever he comes around means there is a new travel destination for a tournament. Which means there is another payday of atleast 10k coming up lol. But this time what Was coming was bigger than 10k. As he stood in front of us he smiled and said, where are those young men that represented us in Abuja last year? Sadly there where only 5 of us left. He called out 3 names and said, good news the NFF just sent a letter to the ministry inviting These 3 young men to the National camp. It was indeed a good news and it was indeed more than 10k.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by cue64: 6:40am On May 07, 2019
Fast forward to three days later we were on our way to Abuja myself and two other team mates who were also invited. On getting to The goal project we were told that the team has gone to the national stadium for training, we immediately headed for the stadium. Getting there that was when it all started, the coaches came to us and said that only one person was invited, and not three, the secretary tried to explain and even showed him them the letter from the NFF but they didn’t bulge, after much pleading and argument, the secretary who brought us decided to take the other two players back home, and I was left alone in the camp. Immediately they left the coach told me to dress up and go into the pitch knowing fully well that I just did an 8hrs bus journey. I didn’t suspect anything though after all I love football and would gladly play anytime. Due to fatigue I couldn’t really play well. And the coach came to me and said, they told me you were talented, but I really don’t see that. There and then I realized he knew me even before I came. and after that day I wasn’t really given enough chance to even play. It’s either I come in, in the last minute of training or I don’t even play atall yet people I knew I was better than were always in the pitch..
1month gone in the camp and some talented players have been dropped for no reasons, on one particular faithful Saturday morning while we were getting ready to leave for training. Delegates from the NFF came into the camp. And immediately we noticed the coaches started pacing around walking from room to room, there and then I realized something was up..
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by Escodeb(m): 8:25am On May 07, 2019
Following

1 Like

Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by Younghacka(m): 9:48am On May 07, 2019
Corruption Is The Order Of The Day In All Government Ministries And Angencies In Nigeria. . .
Makes Me Remember When I Applied For Nigerian Navy In 2014. . .
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by cue64: 10:40am On May 07, 2019
The delegates came in with a List and said they have findings that there are some players here who weren’t invited. And the the list with them is the direct one from the NFF, of players who were invited and they ordered that whoever’s name, that was on the list should go inside the bus.
And those who are here but who’s name aren’t on the list would have to explain how they Got here.
When he started calling Lo and behold out of 62 of us only 6 of Us been Kelechi Ihenacho, Habib Makanjuola, my self and 3 other people that I can’t remember. When the. Realized that most of the people whom were called have either been sent back home or weren’t even sent for.. but the most surprising thing to me was when the name of my teammate that we came together was called. Same person the coach les said they never invited, same person that was sent home. But the coaches openly said he didn’t show up! And that most of the players invited are now bigger than the Age or some didn’t show up, and they were already on schedule they didn’t want to fall behind so they had to invite players on their own..how the NFF actually believed their stories I didn’t know but we all eventually left for training and with the information I heard brought about my End in the camp.. wait I will explain how
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2019
You must finished this story oooo
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by cue64: 7:38am On May 08, 2019
So we eventually left for training, the training was somehow very cold, because of what happened that morning, but something else transpired in the pitch that got me more shocked, let me explain.
Been in the national camp, you have to be very careful with the mistake you make becos any silly mistake could cost you your place, except the person who brought you is so powerful which can make you untouchable. And that was what happened.
Like 4 days before that day a while we were going to training a particular player forgot 1 leg of his socks (hose) in camp and didn’t realize until we Got to the pitch, and that player was so insulted and wasn’t allowed to take part in that days training. We all felt the coaches were right, you have to instill discipline in this young players so they don’t go astray.
So on this particular day after that has happened in the morning we got to the pitch and a young man who didn’t even have a reason to be in the team in the first place cos he clearly has no business whit football actually left both legs of his socks In camp. Not that he forgot oh! He left them saying they didn’t dry. Mhen seeing how angry the coaches were that morning, we where already virtualizing what they where going to do and say to this young man... Only for One of the coaches to say (Papa) why are you behaving like this? And then pulled off his own socks, gave it to the young man to wear. The young man took it from him took his time while we all waited and wore the socks then swaggered into the pitch. The particular event made me realize that been here on my own, my talent isn’t going to have much use... Next i’ll Explain what happened when we got back to camp and how it eventually led to my End in the camp... stay tuned
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by CuntMiner(m): 11:01am On May 08, 2019
o boyyyyy,pls continue
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by milonshil: 11:05am On May 08, 2019
You are a good writer
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by cue64: 11:05pm On May 08, 2019
milonshil:
You are a good writer
lol I wish.. but thanks it means alot
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by cue64: 11:33pm On May 08, 2019
So, we got camp after the morning training and there were murmurs around about what happened that morning, and a particular player who currently plays in Europe and has a cap for the super Eagles came into our room, and we discussed about what happened that morning been the carefree person that I am, i didn’t realize that some of this players who pretend to be friends are actually agents of the coaches, there and then I picked up my phone and called my coach at home, telling him that the name of my teammate who was sent home, was called today when Delegates from NFF came, he got angry and said he knew they did something, and promised to call my states FA chairman and explain to him of which I begged him not to so as not to have problem in the camp. But how a coach eventually got to find out that I made that call is what I still don’t know up until this moment! After lunch that afternoon a coach came to me and collected my phone for a reason I won’t say to protect someone’s identity, or I felt it was for that reason.
And Sitting in my room discussing with my roommates whom were also kind of in same situation with me. Another player whom I got to also find out was sent to the camp by one of the most powerful football agent in Nigeria, who is from the north. He got into our room sat with us and we discussed about the national school sports festival we partook in some months before then.. we gisted how the camp was and how a particular state from the north used charm to make sure they got to the semi finals and the eventual winners which were imo ie Kelechi iheancho’s team defeated them because they didn’t shake their hands lol. As we were talking he then asked me who brought me here, I told him I didn’t understand then he said meaning you came here on your own? I said yes and then he smiled and said it would be difficult for u and whatever happens after today don’t think it’s becos u re not good enough just know that being here alone shows that u re one of the most talented young footballer in Nigeria. At the moment I smiled and thanked him but I didn’t know why he said that.. it happens that the guy was from the west but grew up in the north or was from a particular state close to the north but spoke Yoruba. So he understood Hausa and heard the coaches talking about 3 of us. Later that evening the coach called me to come get my phone and said to me do u have knee injury? I said No then he said I think you do, u have to go and treat it. I told him No coach I don’t have an injury i’m Very fine. He then asked me are you the coach or I am? I said you re then he said good. Then smiled and walked away.
That evening after training of which I didn’t even get enough time.. sitting in my room I thought about what that player told me and what the coach told me but becos I was too young, matter of fact I was one of the youngest in that particular team, I didnt understand what it all meant. So I heard people screaming my name, so I came out of the corridor and I was told to Goto the dining area, I went there and met two men and a coach who held a file and told me to look for my name in the file, which I did and they said how much do u see I told them and they said that’s what the office asked us to give you, go arrange ur things you’re going home tomorrow at first I felt disappointed but then I replayed the words or that player in my head. And I smiled and said thank you. Then went back to my room to arrange my things, 30mins later another serious shock which I still don’t understand till today happened.. wait I will come back and tell you!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Football (my Story) by jieta: 8:11am On May 09, 2019
Is everywhere in Nigeria not only in football, no wonder we haven't won the senior world cup.

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United:Harry Maguire leaves Leicester to undergo medicals at new club / Your Best And Worst Super Eagles Players In This AFCON Competition. / Kyle Walker Unleashed His Inner 'Jackie Chan' In Sunday's Community Shield Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.