Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman (28867 Views)

Vegas Is Open! Cypaid Traveled To las Vegas Despite Covid 19 Restrictions / My Venture On Europe Route(my Journey To Europe By Road) / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 07, 2019
Auxtin85:

I wish I am
Don't wish, you are bro

1 Like

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Lordoftheeast: 2:11pm On May 07, 2019
Auxtin85:

Thanks boss I’ll do that tonight
Please mention me
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Auxtin85(m): 2:14pm On May 07, 2019
Eberejesus111:

Don't wish, you are bro

Thanks sir maybe that’s one of the talents deposited in me that am yet to utilize

2 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by TemmyT002(m): 2:16pm On May 07, 2019
All these people trying so hard to leave the country, I see them as olojukokoro
You can make it in Nigeria and live comfortably instead of going to places where there is racism and where they don't even like you. All for what? Money?

2 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mapet: 2:44pm On May 07, 2019
rusher14:

mmsen: :

There is no better life for them in the desert, or as an illegal immigrant in Europe.

Nigerians must confront their domestic issues. It is odd that millions of people have the same problems caused by the same tiny group of people but do not have the backbone to hold them to account.

You've made a lot of sense.

However, I disagree on the problems being caused by a tiny group.

Take out everybody in power or civil service today and replace them with a completely different set, you'll end up with the same problems.

The average Nigerian needs a reorientation.

Our values are warped and we lack sincerity.

Nobody can change Nigerians except Nigerians.

Until we begin to imbibe logical, scientific and truthful ethos, I'm sorry things would be the same or even worse.

1. One thing comes to mind, imagine we go to church and people will be putting "visa" in "prayer-points" and "testimonies".
2. People making references to families who may be have one person abroad as "prosperous". We once had to look for a looooooong lost cousin in the US. It was when the services of private investigator was got that we found him. Guess where? Prison.......
3. We as Nigerians need to collectively OWN our fate, situation and future. It would seem the default orientation of an average Nigerian is to blame someone else for his own problems. We don't have team spirit. This "culture" seem ingrained in us from childhood. Check this out! back then in school when we played "set" football, we were too individualistic (dribble needlessly instead of making a simple pass, blame each other virtually throughout the set etc). Today, if it is not government, it will be your parents, some would even accuse their parents of witchcraft or the witches and wizard themselves. The Youth will sit lazily, accuse govt of not providing jobs, hence the reason they are in to yahoo-yahoo.......we are not wont to put in required sacrifice.

5 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mapet: 2:57pm On May 07, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
With the rate of poverty in Edo state, I now understand why they have to trek through the desert.

Virtually all families have one/two persons abroad.

My cousin was talking to one whose father is ill to the point of death. Dude is in Spain and was called upon to pay the dad's hospital bill. All he could send was 20k. My cousin began mocking him that if abroad isn't working for him, he should come back, but they would rather die than come back.

I was like, do you guys know what he does for a living there? Make una manage the 20k as e no get. LOL. grin

My dear,

1. There is not "rate of poverty in Edo state", it is more of people that should get their priorities right. What is an uneducated and under-skilled person going to do in Europe, if not drugs and prostitution? I remember circa 2000 when Eki Igbinedion launched a foundation to discourage Edo girls from their famed Italy misadventure and rehabilitate returnees. Word on the street then was that a good number of women were against Eki; case of trying to deny their daughters an opportunity to become "land-ladies" like other families

2. The "what he does for a living" becomes the koko of the matter. Many of our "diaspora brethren", become "heart-less" when they go through the "suffer-head" wey dey dia. When you consider the menial jobs they do through snow, how they have been "voraciously-sexed" and how they've moved from "homeless" to dingy-apartments.......then sending 20k in this context should be celebrated.

2 Likes

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mapet: 3:01pm On May 07, 2019
gypsey:
Scary, i must say. The problem with Nigerian Males is they take on Too much Families Responsibilities. A whole clan, village or kindred depend on one Male Finacially, It isn't fair.

I think this is by choice o.....and people should wake up, learn to say no when it is necessary. The days of "ba mi to omo mi" or "lo ba buoda re l'eko" should be over. Each person should shoulder his/her responsibility and not drive people into problems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mapet: 3:02pm On May 07, 2019
dejibanjo:

Apt analysis bro. The poor masses in Nigeria aren't angry at the political elites because they are corrupt and living lavish lifestyles with the country's resources, they are angry at them because they covet the wealth of the elites.
Until this changes, there really is no hope for the country.

Sense kee you dia
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mapet: 3:04pm On May 07, 2019
gypsey:

GrabHisBalls: :
Try getting one and come tell us how easy your experience was. grin
How else did you think I knew? grin

Go there with the Right Documentations, Don't pray or rely on your pastor Jesus or God.. Be honest with them . look Them straight in the Eyes and Answer their Questions truthfully, Trust me you will get the Visa.

You beat me to this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mapet: 3:11pm On May 07, 2019
gypsey:

GrabHisBalls: :
obviously you've not gone out of Naija. Abeg, stop saying it's easy to get a visa.

I know it's very easy with a fat bank account which isn't the only criteria used.

Okay, If you say so..

Keep that mentality, it will lead you no were. I wonder why you would believe that it is with a fat bank balance. Most Visas don't cost up to A $1000.

@Madam GrabHisBalls (some name sha shocked),

The most important thing is to have the right and legitimate reasons and resources(I make provision for creatively achieving this as well). If not, you have no business wanting to "travel" in the first place.

My wife and kids got their visa to the US years back based on one simple answer - "We are going to Disneyland in Cali".....as simple as that.
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mapet: 3:17pm On May 07, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

gypsey: :
Okay, If you say so..

Keep that mentality, it will lead you no were. I wonder why you would believe that it is with a fat bank balance. Most Visas don't cost up to A $1000.

Are you seriously talking of cost of visa here? grin Chai! That should be the least of your worry. Greencard is cheap, approval is what you should be more worried about.

Imagine if I were to travel to America on a student visa. Your sponsor has to be rich and that would reflect on his bank statement and bank account balance. Imagine if I were my own sponsor, same requirement and of course, proves of how you amassed such wealth 'cause they'd carry out a background check on you without your knowledge.

All these would come up only if you provide a probable cause for "suspicion". If you're going on a student visa, pay all fees or pay almost all and have guaranteed accommodation. Show this evidence even before they ask you any question. It is when something is yet to be answered or probable doubt that leads to these extended question.

Meanwhile, why do you want to use a "sponsor"? Don't you think that even the so-called "sponsor" will not want you to know his values worth, as such may give you "watery bank-statements"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 07, 2019
armadeo:

Thisnis exactly who visas are difficult for most people. The reasons aren't honest. I've never been denied a Visa before and sometimes my bank statement isnt looked at. Just where are you going what do you want to do finito. Visa is given.

Now you're talking of going to school in America which on individual sponsorship many Americans cannot even afford offcourse they have to see how you will pay.and how you earned the money.

I know people of moderate means that travel every year sometimes twice a year for some months.

When you plan a long stay abroad tou better have a job waiting for you, you cannot plan to go America for 2 years on your pocket with no sourced income
Oga, how many Nigerians have the luxury of just traveling to either America or UK for a few months on what they've earned and for genuine reasons that the authorities at the embassy won't look into your documents. Fact is, they do background checks on information given before pass is given. You just may not know.
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 07, 2019
mapet:

@Madam GrabH.isBalls (some name sha shocked),

The most important thing is to have the right and legitimate reasons and resources(I make provision for creatively achieving this as well). If not, you have no business wanting to "travel" in the first place.

My wife and kids got their visa to the US years back based on one simple answer - "We are going to Disneyland in Cali".....as simple as that.
This moniker was not my idea. grin There's no way my innocent mind would've come up with this.
GrabHisBalls:
Oga, how many Nigerians have the luxury of just traveling to either America or UK for a few months on what they've earned and for genuine reasons that the authorities at the embassy won't look into your documents. Fact is, they do background checks on information given before pass is given. You just may not know.
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mapet: 3:36pm On May 07, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
This moniker was not my idea. grin There's no way my innocent mind would've come up with this.

True.

Which brings me back to the fundamental issue....."many people who want to travel, ideally have no business doing so at that moment". If you're yet to be financially and purpose-ready (& I consider even those who get contributions for the trip), not only will you encounter problems when you get there, you will also be a burden. That is why our citizens get attacked in virtually all countries they reside (from South Africa, to Malay, China, India etc)
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Mizwisdom(f): 3:52pm On May 07, 2019
Knowledge is power, buy books and read, your life will change for good
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 07, 2019
TemmyT002:
You can make it in Nigeria and live comfortably instead of going to places where there is racism and where they don't even like you. All for what? Money?
Not money.
Social security, better health, good education, in fact just a sane life my dear.
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by grandstar(m): 4:41pm On May 07, 2019
Those who travel by desert either belong to the poor or working classes. I don't see anyone with a middle class background or higher taking such risk

1 Like

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by UKBobo(m): 4:43pm On May 07, 2019
mapet:

1. One thing comes to mind, imagine we go to church and people will be putting "visa" in "prayer-points" and "testimonies".
2. People making references to families who may be have one person abroad as "prosperous". We once had to look for a looooooong lost cousin in the US. It was when the services of private investigator was got that we found him. Guess where? Prison.......
3. We as Nigerians need to collectively OWN our fate, situation and future. It would seem the default orientation of an average Nigerian is to blame someone else for his own problems. We don't have team spirit. This "culture" seem ingrained in us from childhood. Check this out! back then in school when we played "set" football, we were too individualistic (dribble needlessly instead of making a simple pass, blame each other virtually throughout the set etc). Today, if it is not government, it will be your parents, some would even accuse their parents of witchcraft or the witches and wizard themselves. The Youth will sit lazily, accuse govt of not providing jobs, hence the reason they are in to yahoo-yahoo.......we are not wont to put in required sacrifice.

You are my guy!
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 07, 2019
mapet:

God knows I tried not to get involved in this conversation but well...
Ok so here is my contribution.
The government is not the only problem yes but it is a major problem.
How?
Policies.
Ok say you decided to do a car tracking business and you need SIM cards for that purpose, now the govt comes in with a new policy that any sim where a call is not made in 90dys will be blocked. Will you go and be changing the Sims of all the cars you are putting tracker inside every 90days?
Another eg.
This mobile banking that has sprung up small SMEs that do funds transfer in remote areas and local neighbourhood's, if the govt clamps down on it and says it is illegal what happens?
Look take it or leave it, laziness or greed is not a country problem but leadership and policies. If the system is in place there is minimal issues.
Do you think the whites are better people, more hardworking, or have good morals than an average black?
The answer is no.
The system in place will not let them get away with crime so they can't commit it.
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 07, 2019
MondayOsunbor:
If only the youth will use the same mind then use go Libya fight buhari and APC govt Nigeria go better for every body
The issue is not buhari or APC, the issue is the system, a failed system. Buhari will rule his four yrs and go another person will come and the suffering will continue. A revolution cannot really happen in Nigeria because we don't have a permanent govt.
What we have is just different govt doing the same thing. So if a new govt come, that govt will have supporters and haters, just like this buhari govt.
All govt will always have supporter and haters, so a revolution is not possible.
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 07, 2019
mapet:

You beat me to this.
Sorry, grin grin And I agree with all your Assertions.. You see? Nigerians, believes by Telling lies or producing "Watery" Documents as you call it. will get them Visas.

how can a person Applying for a Student visa Not be Eloquent and flluent with his/her Answers when Interviewed at A consulate?

Or An Individual Applying for a visit visa Not Have the valid documents to support their claims? Or What's written in Their Application forms is totally different from Their Answers during interview? grin And they are Hopping to Obtain A visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 07, 2019
mapet:

All these would come up only if you provide a probable cause for "suspicion". If you're going on a student visa, pay all fees or pay almost all and have guaranteed accommodation. Show this evidence even before they ask you any question. It is when something is yet to be answered or probable doubt that leads to these extended question.

Meanwhile, why do you want to use a "sponsor"? Don't you think that even the so-called "sponsor" will not want you to know his values worth, as such may give you "watery bank-statements"?
Absolutely correct!
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 07, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Are you seriously talking of cost of visa here? grin Chai! That should be the least of your worry. Greencard is cheap, approval is what you should be more worried about.

Imagine if I were to travel to America on a student visa. Your sponsor has to be rich and that would reflect on his bank statement and bank account balance. Imagine if I were my own sponsor, same requirement and of course, proves of how you amassed such wealth 'cause they'd carry out a background check on you without your knowledge.
Okay, if you say so
As i ve asserted earlier, keep such mentality? It will lead you No were.

Ciao!! grin
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 07, 2019
mapet:

Tirigbosaaaaa!! for You!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 07, 2019
TemmyT002:
Bullshit!!!
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by TemmyT002(m): 11:27pm On May 07, 2019
Alero3Arubi:

Not money.
Social security, better health, good education, in fact just a sane life my dear.

Hmmm
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by armadeo(m): 1:46am On May 08, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

This is why many people say visas are hard to get. They do not want toj to come and hustle there. Many people are also hustling there and it's not enough. However I'd your stay is short and legit boom Visa granted.

Ofxourse they look at the documents but it's just to certify they are right. Many people use the same format for interviews when their plans are to run away. I am going to school. Etc format.

Guy if you really want to leave apply for a job get employed and see Visa appear like magic. If you want holiday show you're of means and have a place to return to and Visa will appear.
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Bossjakande: 8:48am On May 08, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
You missed me? grin
yes dear I miss u how is schl why didnt u come in rooms again
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by mapet: 10:52am On May 08, 2019
Alero3Arubi:

God knows I tried not to get involved in this conversation but well...
Ok so here is my contribution.
The government is not the only problem yes but it is a major problem.
How?
Policies.
Ok say you decided to do a car tracking business and you need SIM cards for that purpose, now the govt comes in with a new policy that any sim where a call is not made in 90dys will be blocked. Will you go and be changing the Sims of all the cars you are putting tracker inside every 90days?
Another eg.
This mobile banking that has sprung up small SMEs that do funds transfer in remote areas and local neighbourhood's, if the govt clamps down on it and says it is illegal what happens?
Look take it or leave it, laziness or greed is not a country problem but leadership and policies. If the system is in place there is minimal issues.
Do you think the whites are better people, more hardworking, or have good morals than an average black?
The answer is no.
The system in place will not let them get away with crime so they can't commit it.

I struggle to get this examples of yours.
1. Your Sim example does not add up. (a) SIMs activitation and deactivation rule to the best of my knowledge have both business and security connotations and implications. When the country places security above any other interest, I think it is the best interest of the collective nation. (b) If you put a sim in car tracker, it starts to "beep" immediately. By doing this it sends signals to the control center and as such the car is under watch. In this scenario, the SIM is active and cannot be deactivated

2. Wrt Mobile banking, how can govt clamp down on something they licensed in the first place. Can I advise that you research more on this.

Based on your two questions, I'm tempted to believe that people need to understand government policies and what purposes they serve.

3. Do I think whites are better people, more hardworking, or have good morals than an average black? Better people; absolutely not. More hardworking; definitely not. Good morals; may be. One thing I believe advanced countries have that built their system is a strong value system, where almost everyone are taught and holds on to the ethos of their existence and hardly depart from it.

We Nigerians are either looking for freebies, help from this-and-that and on the average will not work hard. Look at our artisanal sector with reported cases of people not completing apprenticeship. No wonder (for example) the Togolese, Benenoise and Ivorians are sweeping plumbing, tiling, painting and stone works jobs in Nigeria
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 08, 2019
Bossjakande:
yes dear I miss u how is schl why didnt u come in rooms again
School is fine, thanks. I do come na. grin
Re: My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman by Originalsly: 2:07pm On May 08, 2019
armadeo:

Our leader do not have the country at heart all they want is their personal gain with no fear at all of the populace. Till they fear us there will be no change

The bitter truth. I don't know we people complain about the FG and the lack of progress when we are the ones that put them in power and allow them to do whatever they want without any consequences.

@ topic..... I have no problem with people wanting to travel abroad to upgrade their lives and that of their families. I have a problem with them leaping first and looking after. Is like someone leaping off a high springboard..... with his plans to do somersaults and whatever in the air ...then when he stretches out to enter the water like an arrow... he realizes the swimming pool has no water.
People travelling to countries without even updating themselves on the situation on ground. Libya is no man's land...worse than the worse part of Nigeria.... and here they are...paying thru the nose to enter there.
Doesn't matter the government.... the mentality of the masses is Nigeria's biggest problem. It will take a government with vision to start instilling values in the next generation.... values to be part of the educational curriculum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Canadian Visa! True Or Scam / Tipper Driver Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Anambra (photos) / Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.