Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar (49024 Views)

19 Yahoo Boys Caught By EFCC In Abuja Guest House (Photo) / Yahoo Boys And Yahoo Girls Arrested By EFCC In Port Harcourt / Yahoo Boys With Exotic Car And House Arrested By EFCC In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by goldcoinhub: 5:27am On May 07, 2019
A popular yahoo boy in Calabar, Akpojivi Onoriode has been arrested by operatives of the Uyo Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

He was arrested alongside 3 other internet fraudsters during separate raids carried out in the early hours of Saturday, May 4, 2019 and Sunday, May 5, 2019.

A statement from the anti-graft agency says 29-year-old graduate of Delta State University, Akpojivi Joel Onoriode was arrested on Saturday morning.

Onoriode was arrested in his lavishly furnished duplex located at Plot 10, Block VI, Unical Satellite Town, Calabar, which he confessed was purchased with proceeds from his illicit “yahoo” business.

He confessed that he had been in the “yahoo-yahoo” business for a long time and was known as “Blinks” or “Mr White”.

He admitted that he has been in the “yahoo” business for a very long time and currently operates an offshore account in China.

He said

“I was really known in my school then as a yahoo boy. I have two kids. I didn’t want to bring them up where people will say, ah! your father is a yahoo boy. That was why I relocated my family from Asaba to Calabar. When I came out now and saw you people and the bus outside, my mind just told me there was a problem.”

While conducting a search on the premises, three luxury cars were recovered from him – ZDX Acura car, E 300 Mercedes Benz and a Range Rover SUV.

The Range Rover could, however, not be moved out of the premises with other exhibits due to mechanical problems. Other items recovered include, two iPhones, one Nokia phone, and documents of landed properties owned by the suspect.

https://lailasnews.com/popular-yahoo-boy-in-calabar-onoriode-arrested-by-efcc/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by daddytime(m): 5:40am On May 07, 2019
Lol...Onos kpelebe

Which one you come hang head for hand na abi agbada don hook for barb wire??

While I frown at these boys conning people off their hard earned money to live luxuriously and in full support of a clamp down on their activities, I'm sure a lot of people are reasonably surprised at the gusto and vigour of these clamp downs.

Well, the honest truth is that, the Northeen elites are deeply troubled and very paranoid at the way the SS and SW boys go about pulling their own weight albeit illegally, caring less about their politics and looting even going as far as sharing a fence with them as neighbours lol.

The Northern youths who have been so beat down and oppressed over the years with zero education by their elites now see these young boys pulling big whips and mansions which they now end up being maiguards to, a situation that is threatening to usher in the revolt against their elites. The kidnappings on Kd/Abj road, Katsina and the banditry in Zamfara are just tips of the icebergs.

The truth is they feel their youths are getting influenced by the high life displayed by the Southern youths and this spells doom for them the elites...

252 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by spinna: 5:46am On May 07, 2019
G boy life.

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Nukilia: 5:49am On May 07, 2019
When your preacher tells you not to marry a jobless man (A man without work and money) but you come across a yahoo man, you're forced to marry him because he can solve your problem...

#FraudLife

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by jchioma: 6:16am On May 07, 2019
Internet fraud has come to stay in Nigeria.

The elders have not given good examples to the children. Some of our celebrated leaders today have been involved in worse crimes. But today "join the APC and all your sins will be forgotten", apologies to Adams Oshi omo Ole.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Olalan(m): 6:46am On May 07, 2019
I just hope this crackdown on these fraudsters are intensified across the country. Really crazy how some lazy people live in affluence by causing sorrow and pain to other families.
If you support Yahoo boys I hope one day you or your loved one would have a taste of the trauma and pain their victims go through

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by delugajackson: 6:48am On May 07, 2019
Especially that Satellite Town, there are many of them there living life on the fast lane. You will see young boys pulling up in expensive whips and you wonder if they're doing a car show.

Some of these fools are so proud of their actions and are always on the defensive. Just like this one.

Torg77:

Tired of seeing all these rubbish . they never to after the politicians that have run the country beneath the ground
You will soon be caught in your evil merchandise, you will beg for death to take you but that won't happen. This I promise you.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by patwhizkid(f): 6:54am On May 07, 2019
Onos blinks from way back 2010 grin

Though he's a good painter sha and we all thought he made money from his paintings.

Short boy with big doings shocked

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by hisgrace090: 6:54am On May 07, 2019
Olalan:
I just hope this crackdown on these fraudsters are intensified across the country. Really crazy how some lazy people live in affluence by causing sorrow and pain to other families.
If you support Yahoo boys I hope one day you or your loved one would have a taste of the trauma and pain their victims go through

This are the people who manufacture and produce PAIN in the society.

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Nealson(m): 6:56am On May 07, 2019
All I know is whatever have beginning will surely have an end and whatever the choice you make always remember that it comes with consequences whether good or bad... Life is a mirror the way you pose na so you go show. Good morning to the wonderful you,
elders on nairaland I hail una may una days be long wink

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Torg77: 6:56am On May 07, 2019
goldcoinhub:
A popular yahoo boy in Calabar, Akpojivi Onoriode has been arrested by operatives of the Uyo Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

He was arrested alongside 3 other internet fraudsters during separate raids carried out in the early hours of Saturday, May 4, 2019 and Sunday, May 5, 2019.

A statement from the anti-graft agency says 29-year-old graduate of Delta State University, Akpojivi Joel Onoriode was arrested on Saturday morning.

Onoriode was arrested in his lavishly furnished duplex located at Plot 10, Block VI, Unical Satellite Town, Calabar, which he confessed was purchased with proceeds from his illicit “yahoo” business.

He confessed that he had been in the “yahoo-yahoo” business for a long time and was known as “Blinks” or “Mr White”.

He admitted that he has been in the “yahoo” business for a very long time and currently operates an offshore account in China.

He said

“I was really known in my school then as a yahoo boy. I have two kids. I didn’t want to bring them up where people will say, ah! your father is a yahoo boy. That was why I relocated my family from Asaba to Calabar. When I came out now and saw you people and the bus outside, my mind just told me there was a problem.”

While conducting a search on the premises, three luxury cars were recovered from him – ZDX Acura car, E 300 Mercedes Benz and a Range Rover SUV.

The Range Rover could, however, not be moved out of the premises with other exhibits due to mechanical problems. Other items recovered include, two iPhones, one Nokia phone, and documents of landed properties owned by the suspect.

lalasticlala

Tired of seeing all these rubbish . they never to after the politicians that have run the country beneath the ground

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Torg77: 6:58am On May 07, 2019
goldcoinhub:

He said

lalasticlala

So many stool pigeons in this Nigeria.. Always snitching on people

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by tunjiajayi: 7:19am On May 07, 2019
daddytime:
Lol...Onos kpelebe

While I frown at these boys conning people off their hard earned money to live luxuriously and in full support of a clamp down on their activities, I'm sure a lot of people are reasonably surprised at the gusto and vigour of these clamp downs.

Well, the honest truth is that, the Northeen elites are deeply troubled and very paranoid at the way the SS and SW boys go about pulling their own weight albeit illegally, caring less about their politics and looting even going as far as sharing a fence with them as neighbours lol.

The Northern youths who have been so beat down and oppressed over the years with zero education by their elites now see these young boys pulling big whips and mansions which they now end up being maiguards to, a situation that is threatening to usher in the revolt against their elites. The kidnappings on Kd/Abj road, Katsina and the banditry in Zamfara are just tips of the icebergs.

The truth is they feel their youths are getting influenced by the high life displayed by the Southern youths and this spells doom for them the elites...

You sound like humpty dumpty who could not stick to a side.
Be hot or cold!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Jayslicky: 7:43am On May 07, 2019
"Mr. White temi ni temi ni", when 9ice was busy shouting his name in his song living things, didn't he know he was setting himself up for this, most of these yahoo boys don't reason at all, you live a flamboyant life without any legit source of income even after hitting big time money, their brains would not tell them to invest in something good, so they can pay tax to the government and efcc would even be reluctant to arrest them, instead they prefer spending their money in clubs, buying liability cars, spending on oloshos and drugs.

Yahoo boys should desist from defrauding people, one of the main gees in this country has been caught, you may be next.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by stalingraddd(m): 8:09am On May 07, 2019
one day for the owner

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by stalingraddd(m): 8:12am On May 07, 2019
daddytime:
Lol...Onos kpelebe

egbon conspiracy theorist, eshey gon

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by bosco9: 8:34am On May 07, 2019
Nairaland judges

Go check the guy don fallout

Balling continues!!!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by sotall(m): 8:37am On May 07, 2019
grin
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Onlinealaba(m): 8:37am On May 07, 2019
Mr white one kain popular yahoo guy..9ice how market undecided ..well let me face my legal biz i sell electronics., patronize a brother

Check my signature, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option

5 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Favbolu(m): 8:43am On May 07, 2019
Nukilia:
When your preacher tells you not to marry a jobless man (A man without work and money) but you come across a yahoo man, you're forced to marry him because he can solve your problem...

#FraudLife

Doing yahoo Na Job?

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Codes151(m): 8:43am On May 07, 2019
No concrete evidence yet arrest!!! No recovery, how does recovering cars n phone relate?? This jobless country self

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Topmaike007(m): 8:43am On May 07, 2019
Jayslicky:
"Mr. White temi ni temi ni", when 9ice was busy shouting his name in his song living things, didn't he know he was setting himself up for this, most of these yahoo boys don't reason at all, you leave a flamboyant life without any legit source of income even after hitting big time money, their brains would not tell them to invest in something good, so they can pay tax to the government and efcc would even be reluctant to arrest them, instead they prefer spending their money in clubs, buying liability cars, spending on oloshos and drugs.

Yahoo boys should desist from defrauding people, one of the main gees in this country has been caught, you may be next.
you're right jaare
Torg77:

you're a disgrace to yourself

11 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Fuckdamod: 8:43am On May 07, 2019
Stupid efcc
What of gandollar and tifnubu.
If this guy didn't do yahoo there is a high chance he will be wallowing in poverty caused by the useless leaders efcc are failing to arrest. Should we kill ourselves? Haba!

I think that efcc boss deserves to be thought a lesson, maybe scamming him of all his belongings in a very intelligent and untracable way will work angry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by emeijeh(m): 8:43am On May 07, 2019
All of a sudden, it is EFCC gists they are using to distract us from asking serious security questions in this country.

13 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Mrkumareze(m): 8:44am On May 07, 2019
Dis nigga used to deal on lights n fittings ... How come

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by shadeyinka(m): 8:44am On May 07, 2019
All day for the Thief BUT just one day for the owner!

You don die!
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by OBAGADAFFI: 8:45am On May 07, 2019
grin
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Stillthebest: 8:45am On May 07, 2019
Shouldn't he have had a very solid business if he's made this big money in the G levels? Must they die doing G? If he so wishes after setting up a good biz he can do his G in low keys. His biz will Employ Nigerians. He can do importations, have a transport line or haulage, fashion line, boutique, or pure water fac.. Mini factory can be done.

44 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four Herdsmen Shot Dead In Anambra, Hundreds Of Cows Missing / Armed Robbers Attack Bus Passengers At Ore - Pictures / Man Attacks Rival With Razor Over Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.