Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar (49054 Views)

19 Yahoo Boys Caught By EFCC In Abuja Guest House (Photo) / Yahoo Boys And Yahoo Girls Arrested By EFCC In Port Harcourt / Yahoo Boys With Exotic Car And House Arrested By EFCC In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Nobody: 9:22am On May 07, 2019
Stillthebest:
Foolish idiot. Shouldn't he have had a very solid business if he's made this big money in the G levels? Must they die doing G? If he so wishes after setting up a good biz he can do his G in low keys. His biz will Employ Nigerians. He can do importations, have a transport line or haulage, fashion line, boutique, or pure water fac.. Mini factory can be done.

They lack sense

Smart G like e- money went legit

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by BIXYBABE: 9:23am On May 07, 2019
Bombing is 4 North. Fraud is 4 East. skull mining is 4 South West.
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by gonkin(m): 9:25am On May 07, 2019
goldcoinhub:
A popular yahoo boy in Calabar, Akpojivi Onoriode has been arrested by operatives of the Uyo Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

He was arrested alongside 3 other internet fraudsters during separate raids carried out in the early hours of Saturday, May 4, 2019 and Sunday, May 5, 2019.

A statement from the anti-graft agency says 29-year-old graduate of Delta State University, Akpojivi Joel Onoriode was arrested on Saturday morning.

Onoriode was arrested in his lavishly furnished duplex located at Plot 10, Block VI, Unical Satellite Town, Calabar, which he confessed was purchased with proceeds from his illicit “yahoo” business.

He confessed that he had been in the “yahoo-yahoo” business for a long time and was known as “Blinks” or “Mr White”.

He admitted that he has been in the “yahoo” business for a very long time and currently operates an offshore account in China.

He said

“I was really known in my school then as a yahoo boy. I have two kids. I didn’t want to bring them up where people will say, ah! your father is a yahoo boy. That was why I relocated my family from Asaba to Calabar. When I came out now and saw you people and the bus outside, my mind just told me there was a problem.”

While conducting a search on the premises, three luxury cars were recovered from him – ZDX Acura car, E 300 Mercedes Benz and a Range Rover SUV.

The Range Rover could, however, not be moved out of the premises with other exhibits due to mechanical problems. Other items recovered include, two iPhones, one Nokia phone, and documents of landed properties owned by the suspect.

https://lailasnews.com/popular-yahoo-boy-in-calabar-onoriode-arrested-by-efcc/

What happens if he decides not to invest and relys on just yahoo and yahoo ends. I still wonder
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Princeofasia: 9:25am On May 07, 2019
mikey000:
This guy spoil money eh
u sabi am? i no know say yahoo boys dey calabar o
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by guru90: 9:28am On May 07, 2019
This guy too fresh joor!!!!
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Rolings: 9:28am On May 07, 2019
daddytime:
Lol...Onos kpelebe

Which one you come hang head for hand na abi agbada don hook for barb wire??

While I frown at these boys conning people off their hard earned money to live luxuriously and in full support of a clamp down on their activities, I'm sure a lot of people are reasonably surprised at the gusto and vigour of these clamp downs.

Well, the honest truth is that, the Northeen elites are deeply troubled and very paranoid at the way the SS and SW boys go about pulling their own weight albeit illegally, caring less about their politics and looting even going as far as sharing a fence with them as neighbours lol.

The Northern youths who have been so beat down and oppressed over the years with zero education by their elites now see these young boys pulling big whips and mansions which they now end up being maiguards to, a situation that is threatening to usher in the revolt against their elites. The kidnappings on Kd/Abj road, Katsina and the banditry in Zamfara are just tips of the icebergs.

The truth is they feel their youths are getting influenced by the high life displayed by the Southern youths and this spells doom for them the elites...

I disagree with you....the southern youths flaunt ill-gotten wealth, not genuine wealth hence it's bad influence on northern youth and if there is one thing the northern elites are afraid of its the negative influence that will have on their youths and society. Assuming I follow your line of arguments about the haste of the arrests then it only shows abhorrence of evil by northern elites unlike southern elites that encourage yahoo yahoo.
I schooled up north, the feeling in my school was that its we southerners that are bringing evils of cultism, alcoholism, prostitution ,exam malpractice to their schools..... All the things we see as normal down south

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Princeofasia: 9:29am On May 07, 2019
calabar is the worst place for any sucessful young chap to stay na. those wicked jobless bad belle yuths are so wicked that they will snitch on you for even wearing up to date cloths. the poverty there has made the jobless youths to noture so much hate n successfull people

5 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by jaxxy(m): 9:31am On May 07, 2019
We have serious misplaced priorities in this country.
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Peters1234: 9:34am On May 07, 2019
Stillthebest:
Foolish idiot. Shouldn't he have had a very solid business if he's made this big money in the G levels? Must they die doing G? If he so wishes after setting up a good biz he can do his G in low keys. His biz will Employ Nigerians. He can do importations, have a transport line or haulage, fashion line, boutique, or pure water fac.. Mini factory can be done.
It is greediness
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by deltateam: 9:34am On May 07, 2019
This yahoo thing must be lucrative. What baffles me is why not stop after having a hit since its not legit.

Must they be caught in it? They should start legitimate business and live better lives than this.
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Peters1234: 9:34am On May 07, 2019
Stillthebest:

It is greediness
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Greenvaiper: 9:36am On May 07, 2019
jaxxy:
We have serious misplaced priorities in this country.

Shut up
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by famouscargo4u: 9:37am On May 07, 2019
i so support the EFCC's clamppdown and arrests on these yahoo guys. They seem to be getting it right these days.
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by opebiboy: 9:38am On May 07, 2019
delugajackson:
Especially that Satellite Town, they are many of them there living life on the fast lane. You will see young boys pulling up in expensive whips and you wonder if they're doing a car show.

Some of these fools are so proud of their actions and are always on the defensive. Just like this one.

You will soon be caught in your evil merchandise, you will beg for death to take you but that won't happen. This I promise you.
why your body dey pain you like this for person wey no know if you dey exist? Jealous kill you there! You will beg for death to take you because of your poverty stricken life but that wont happen. This i promise you. Fooool!

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by texazzpete(m): 9:39am On May 07, 2019
daddytime:
Lol...Onos kpelebe

Which one you come hang head for hand na abi agbada don hook for barb wire??

While I frown at these boys conning people off their hard earned money to live luxuriously and in full support of a clamp down on their activities, I'm sure a lot of people are reasonably surprised at the gusto and vigour of these clamp downs.

Well, the honest truth is that, the Northeen elites are deeply troubled and very paranoid at the way the SS and SW boys go about pulling their own weight albeit illegally, caring less about their politics and looting even going as far as sharing a fence with them as neighbours lol.

The Northern youths who have been so beat down and oppressed over the years with zero education by their elites now see these young boys pulling big whips and mansions which they now end up being maiguards to, a situation that is threatening to usher in the revolt against their elites. The kidnappings on Kd/Abj road, Katsina and the banditry in Zamfara are just tips of the icebergs.

The truth is they feel their youths are getting influenced by the high life displayed by the Southern youths and this spells doom for them the elites...

I assure you, the northern elite don’t even spare a thought for these ‘kobo-kobo’ yahoo boys with a measly few millions of naira in their accounts.

There are tons of rich, successful northern youths that are taking in much more money from forex and oil and gas deals than your southern yahoo boys can imagine. You think anyone is concerned about these relatively small fry?

The real reason why this onslaught against yahoo boys is ongoing is that the EFCC is desperate to record some successes in the fight against corruption, and it is far easier to target these yahoo boys than to go after greedy politicians that have stolen billions.

14 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by delishpot: 9:40am On May 07, 2019
Torg77:

So many stool pigeons in this Nigeria.. Always snitching on people

That is how you too will be exposed if you are into fraud that is. If you support them then on the day your yahoo paddy will be arrested, you will be picked up with him. Right place right time things
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Slymonster(m): 9:40am On May 07, 2019
Rule 1. Never move with crowd.
Rule 2. dress sense
Rule 3. Environment matters.( never stay in an environment where all eyes are on you,environment where no body cares who the hell is your next door is better. Efcc works with snitches.
Rule 4. Live peacefully.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by 247Dior(m): 9:40am On May 07, 2019
fehinomen:
ARE YOU LOSING MONEY AND TOO BROKE TO JOIN PAID FOREX TRADING SIGNAL/TRAINING GROUPS.

Make easy $30usd and above daily on volatility indices you need just your mobile phone and data. Join our telegram group for free training and more info. This is a free group where we give free training, updates and free volatility indices signals

Alert
https:///alertglobalsolutions

To send me a personal message, use the link
https:///Frederick_Alert
the link is not opening. . Kynbasil@yahoo.com
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by wink2015(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2019
Rolings:

I disagree with you....the southern youths flaunt ill-gotten wealth, not genuine wealth hence it's bad influence on northern youth and if there is one thing the northern elites are afraid of its the negative influence that will have on their youths and society. Assuming I follow your line of arguments about the haste of the arrests then it only shows abhorrence of evil by northern elites unlike southern elites that encourage yahoo yahoo.
I schooled up north, the feeling in my school was that its we southerners that are bringing evils of cultism, alcoholism, prostitution ,exam malpractice to their schools..... All the things we see as normal down south

HOW CAN A SOUTHERN YOUTH PARTICULARLY FROM OIL PRODUCING STATES SURVIVE THE HARDSHIP OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA WHEN THE CRUDE OIL THAT PASSES THROUGH HIS BACKYARD IS HIJACKED BY NORTHERN POLITICAL ELITES WHEN THEY BRING THEIR OWN BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO WORK IN NNPC, NGC, ETC PUSHING ASIDE THE NATIVES OF THE LAND.

ALL THE MILITARY OR UNIFORM JOBS OF SENIOR POSITIONS ARE HIJACKED BY NORTHERNS WHO ARE NOT FUNDING THE NATIONAL TREASURY.

Most of the yahoo boys went into yahoo not because they want to do it but rather it is as a result of the limitation placed on them by the lopsided federalism in Nigeria where resources from your own land is shared as federal allocation to lazy and idle states.

I think yahoo activities is an answer to the oppressive federalism being operated by northern elites against the southerners.

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by harley88(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2019
Fuckdamod:
Stupid efcc
What of gandollar and tifnubu.
If this guy didn't do yahoo there is a high chance he will be wallowing in poverty caused by the useless leaders efcc are failing to arrest. Should we kill ourselves? Haba!

I think that efcc boss deserves to be thought a lesson, maybe scamming him of all his belongings in a very intelligent and untracable way will work angry

Above me is the speech of a child... Very immature and senseless

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by jaxxy(m): 9:42am On May 07, 2019
Greenvaiper:

Shut up

B4 or while u go after cheap criminals fix ur systems. It will save u the stress and even reduce crimes drastically bt we choose to be redundant like any 3rd world underdeveloped country.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by stanley000: 9:54am On May 07, 2019
Stillthebest:
the ones that still open these businesses you mentioned is it not fools and Useless dignbats like you that still keep complaining that they are yahooboys, you are a swime who thinks he has sense. Y'all will die in your envy and he will be out. You snitches will get killed one by on before the others will learn to mind their business

4 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by Rolings: 9:55am On May 07, 2019
wink2015:

HOW CAN A SOUTHERN YOUTH PARTICULARLY FROM OIL PRODUCING STATES SURVIVE THE HARDSHIP OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA WHEN THE CRUDE OIL THAT PASSES THROUGH HIS BACKYARD IS HIJACKED BY NORTHERN POLITICAL ELITES WHEN THEY BRING THEIR OWN BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO WORK IN NNPC, NGC, ETC PUSHING ASIDE THE NATIVES OF THE LAND.

ALL THE MILITARY OR UNIFORM JOBS OF SENIOR POSITIONS ARE HIJACKED BY NORTHERNS WHO ARE NOT FUNDING THE NATIONAL TREASURY.

Don't be biased in your analysis, every FG agencies follow federal character in their appointments, that's why you will see a Hausa man in nnpc and will have an Ijaw man in a federal university in sokoto. FYI, most of the oil wells and indigenous oil companies operating in Nigeria belongs to South southerners from Edo to always ibom, any Niger delta youth that is a graduate and is skilled is employed FACT. only those lazy unskilled uneducated Niger delta youths are jobless.
While northerners were joining the military southerners were going to school fast forward 30 years most of those northern soldiers are now officers while the southerners are now professors.... Southerners control the education sector, even in northern schools the lecturers are southerners, the economy is firmly in the hand of southerners so what's the hoolabaloo about most senior military officers being northerners?

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:56am On May 07, 2019
He relocated from Asaba to Calabar. Calabar is not know for Yahoo activities, but it looks like this evil guys are gradually infiltratin
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by 1x2x3: 9:57am On May 07, 2019
Slymonster:
Rule 1. Never move with crowd.
Rule 2. dress sense
Rule 3. Environment matters.( never stay in an environment where all eyes are on you,environment where no body cares who the hell is your next door is better. Efcc works with snitches.
Rule 4. Live peacefully.

I know someone who was recently targeted by Efcc.... He did all you listed. Big men snitch pass.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by martineverest(m): 9:58am On May 07, 2019
Studyinchina200:
Shout out to those hardworking Nigerians who are making their money legitimately without involving in fraud stuffs.

God bless you all
well said
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:58am On May 07, 2019
He relocated from Asaba to Calabar. Calabar is not known for Yahoo and rituals stuff, but it looks like this evil guys are gradually infiltrating all the states.
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by martineverest(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2019
Priye007:
Guys no level. Graduates no work, what do you expect or would theyou have prefer if he carry guns? Make una leave that guy or else we go sponsor war for this country oh.
what about those graduates farming or doing hard Labour to earn a living? what about those doing work that is different from their course of study? what about those hustling legally?...are they all fools?

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by chevkosticks(m): 10:00am On May 07, 2019
delugajackson:
Especially that Satellite Town, they are many of them there living life on the fast lane. You will see young boys pulling up in expensive whips and you wonder if they're doing a car show

How e come concern u..
most of those boys u see in satellitte town in calabar na sugar mummy boys
no let envy finish u

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by 1x2x3: 10:03am On May 07, 2019
martineverest:
what about those graduates farming or doing hard Labour to earn a living? what about those doing work that is different from their course of study? what about those hustling legally?...are they all fools?

Farm work? Would you keep quiet? So a graduate must do hard labour? Are you not tired of the mess from leadership in this country?
Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by afokenny: 10:05am On May 07, 2019
I think this Efcc and SARs have now moved to Niger Delter. South West boys can now rest a bit.
#Saynotocibercrime

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy, Akpojivi Onoriode Arrested By EFCC In Calabar by West2019(m): 10:05am On May 07, 2019
Rubbish what about our political 419 let dem go after them .David mark ,fashola ,Tinubu, amechi ,obj,oji ,many more .I beg free the guy jor

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suspected Thief Nabbed For Stealing Laptop In Bayelsa / Could This Be The Reason Why The 16-year-old OAU Student Died? / Nigerians React To The Death Of Leah Sharibu (Unconfirmed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.