Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,828 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:10 AM

How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? (1393 Views)

My Tech Journey: Noob To Noggler (google) In One Year. / Journey To Becoming A Native Android Dev (kotlin) / How Do I,a Noob,get Strted On Android Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? by paulnewplay: 7:13am On May 07, 2019
basically rephrasing my other topics since nobody was replying.
Re: How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? by paulnewplay: 7:37am On May 07, 2019
paulnewplay:

Hello,
i'm interested in phone programming because i hear tht you can make some money from it but i hav some questions that i cant get answers to.

1) is it hard to learn,do i need maths?

2) can i teach myself nd become good? If so how long will it take (from noob programming knowledge to hosting app on store)?
Or am i better off going to a computer school

3) can i make money from it? By putting apps on the playstore, if so can i earn a full time living on it or is the market already saturated?

4) which is more lucrative,android or webdesigning?

5) if i have to go to school which would you recommend in abuja that is pocket friendly?

6) How do i pay for a developer account from nigeria? Or do i need to hav a usd account with my bank?
7) if i can make money,how do i withdraw the money,do i need a dom account ?
cool can i get a job as a phone developer in nigeria with no degree?

9) can youhelp me with free resources to learn with?

Pls Reply. Thanks.
Re: How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? by paulnewplay: 10:00am On May 07, 2019
no replies yet!
Re: How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? by paulnewplay: 12:45pm On May 07, 2019
No replies yet!
Re: How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? by ehissi(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2019
paulnewplay:
No replies yet!

Questions you need to answer first...

1. Do you have an external usb storage device of minimum size of 16gb, a laptop with at least 2 - 3gb of RAM that has a functional battery with back up power and a camera?
2. Do you have data access in the realm of gigabytes and are not afraid to do video streams once in a while?
3. Do you have zero knowledge of programming?
4. Do you think you are ready to start learning 2 programming languages, first thing tomorrow morning?
5. Are you willing to aggresively donate a minimum of 3hrs a day coding?

If the answer to these questions are yes....

Say "Hi android" to me on this number 0 8 0 9 8 4 8 7 3 4 4 and state the exact city you are in.......Then we will take it from there......
Re: How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? by paulnewplay: 11:03am On May 24, 2019
ehissi:

Questions you need to answer first...

1. Do you have an external usb storage device of minimum size of 16gb, a laptop with at least 2 - 3gb of RAM that has a functional battery with back up power and a camera?
2. Do you have data access in the realm of gigabytes and are not afraid to do video streams once in a while?
3. Do you have zero knowledge of programming?
4. Do you think you are ready to start learning 2 programming languages, first thing tomorrow morning?
5. Are you willing to aggresively donate a minimum of 3hrs a day coding?

If the answer to these questions are yes....

Say "Hi android" to me on this number 0 8 0 9 8 4 8 7 3 4 4 and state the exact city you are in.......Then we will take it from there......

I sense that you r talking about skyping. I simply cant do so cuz of money. No money for data on that scale and electricity. I use nepa and there's usually no light during d daytime.
I hav a laptop though with camera.
Thanks for offering to help.
Re: How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? by ehissi(m): 12:03pm On May 24, 2019
paulnewplay:

I sense that you r talking about skyping. I simply cant do so cuz of money. No money for data on that scale and electricity. I use nepa and there's usually no light during d daytime.
I hav a laptop though with camera.
Thanks for offering to help.

False.....I was talking about Android studio, gradle -for visual programing/testing - and consistent update necessary when a new version of andriod OS is released...

Happy Trails......
Re: How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? by paulnewplay: 9:26pm On May 25, 2019
ehissi:

False.....I was talking about Android studio, gradle -for visual programing/testing - and consistent update necessary when a new version of andriod OS is released...

Happy Trails......
oops! Sorry that i misunderstood you. I downloaded android studio ide but it seems that i still need to connct to the net download other components. I thought i could just work entirely offline afterwards. My bad! I'll figure things out. Hope you dont mind if i bother you along the way.
Re: How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? by ehissi(m): 10:17pm On May 25, 2019
paulnewplay:

oops! Sorry that i misunderstood you. I downloaded android studio ide but it seems that i still need to connct to the net download other components. I thought i could just work entirely offline afterwards. My bad! I'll figure things out. Hope you dont mind if i bother you along the way.

You can, after you download components like SDK, gradle. Library updates that will come everytime a new andriod release hits the shelves are done once a while.....if you don't mind designing apps based on releases before the latest release then you have nothing to worry about......

I recommend you take the Andela A.L.C 4.0 program -I think registration is still in progress - and learn andriod development with the possibility of getting a certification from google after the program, but its data intensive....you will have to stream over 12hrs of video minus updates for android studio, which you still havent done...
Re: How Do I ,a Noob,get Strted In Android Dev ? by rojaravi: 6:41am On Nov 25, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Best Place To Pursue An IT Career / Final Year Project Topics And Material Booster For MSC, BSC And HND Students / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.