Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,051 members, 7,953,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:56 AM

Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail (28635 Views)

Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions / Cargo Delivery By Rail To Kaduna Dry Port Starts Tuesday / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by airsaylongcon: 2:13pm On May 07, 2019
QLife247:

What are you wishing your Country?

That they anticipate train robberies and prepare to deal with it when it arises. Its called Risk Management not "wishing bad for your country"
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by bettercreature(m): 2:13pm On May 07, 2019
Bustincole:
Good news
Bokoharam and bandits will hijack most of the goods
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 07, 2019
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

There was a time in our history when a train moving goods was not news...what happened to us as a country?

Obasanjo happened to us!

Obasanjo killed Nigerian Railways, Nigerian Textile Mills, Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN), ANAMMCO, NITEL etc.

1 Like

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by MyGeneration(m): 2:14pm On May 07, 2019
Pic or ************ complete the statement
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by bettercreature(m): 2:14pm On May 07, 2019
airsaylongcon:

That they anticipate train robberies and prepare to deal with it when it arises. Its called Risk Management not "wishing bad for your country"
It can’t work.North isn’t safe
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by Bizibi(m): 2:15pm On May 07, 2019
Good!!!!
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 2:15pm On May 07, 2019
frowland:

Are you aware that River Niger will soon be dredged? The only thing holding that up is the 2nd Niger bridge.
This means that my cargo can sail directly to Onitsha and offload. We dont really need cargo train compared to the north with no river channels.
For now, I offloaded my last container Feb in Calabar. I don't understand the fuss about Lagos port.

Oga we are not babies here. Please you're touching the God thing inside me. If decongestion is what they wanted to do, dry ports were. Ot necessary. There are so many ports with remarkably low traffic in this country which traffic could have been diverted to this regions.

If it were about holistic national development, we would take the inland dry ports and the other ports that have low traffic and use all comprehensively.

Take the veil off to see clearly Sir

Nigeria is a victim of its composition. If you know you Know.

2 Likes

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 2:16pm On May 07, 2019
prince3009:

Obasanjo happened to us!

Obasanjo killed Nigerian Railways, Nigerian Textile Mills, Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN), ANAMMCO, NITEL etc.

It's a lie. Obasanjo didn't kill these industries we are not babies. Bereau racy killed it like the cement industries.

Nigeria is a victim of its composition. If you know, you know

1 Like

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by QLife247: 2:17pm On May 07, 2019
airsaylongcon:

OK. Sense too full this your brain. To catch you for corner na gyroscope something. wink

1 Like

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by ajayiopy: 2:21pm On May 07, 2019
titiloyeblog:
@titiloyeblog.com

Beginning from today (Tuesday) containers and oil tankers would start moving goods from Lagos ports through the newly acquired Railway wagons to the north.

The goods would move to the dry port in Kaduna in the North.

The transport minister Rotimi Amaechi had ordered some wagons for the Lagos-Ibadan railway for the purpose.

This measure was designed to ease traffic and gridlocks caused by heavy-duty vehicles from Lagos and roads.

The move to curb the perennial traffic jam in Apapa axis, the Nigeria Railway Corporation resolved to deploy the eighteen newly imported wagons for haulage from Apapa seaport.

The Managing Director, Nigeria Railway Corporation, NRC, Engineer Fidet Okhiria, disclosed that the newly acquired 18 wagons are to boost the inland container dry port business by moving cargos from Apapa seaport to dry ports in Kaduna and other states.

The NRC has the capacity to evacuate 20 footer and 40 footer containers from Apapa port to, Ijoko and Abeokuta, both in Ogun state and Omi-Adio railway depots, in Oyo state, for onward transfer by parked trucks.

The trucks would evacuate the containers by road to their various destinations which most often is either the inland dry port in Kaduna or Kano.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/containers-tankers-start-movement-with.html

AMECHI dey try to retain his position
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by simplycarro: 2:21pm On May 07, 2019
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

There was a time in our history when a train moving goods was not news...what happened to us as a country?

Military and the PDP killed it, OBJ tried to revive the sector but he couldn’t achieve much
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:22pm On May 07, 2019
titiloyeblog:

it will even make sense.... traffic will subside a bit
lets pray Boko Haram and bandits will not go around attacking the rail
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by frowland(m): 2:22pm On May 07, 2019
essenceplus:

Oga we are not babies here. Please you're touching the God thing inside me. If decongestion is what they wanted to do, dry ports were. Ot necessary. There are so many ports with remarkably low traffic in this country which traffic could have been diverted to this regions.

If it were about holistic national development, we would take the inland dry ports and the other ports that have low traffic and use all comprehensively.

Take the veil off to see clearly Sir

I don't need to take any vail off to see that you are not saying anything meaningful.
There is an already old gauge lines, working. So as a temporary measure to decongest the port what should you do? Build a new narrow guage to the east?
If the only option I have currently is to use the existing one, why not?
Have you seen Dangote offload on Teusdays? No you have not.
If you do, you will have an idea.
Have you seen lorries along okene road? You compare that to the ones going to SE?
You think its only we Igbos that offload? People offload one full ship for themselves alone and most of them are northerners.

7 Likes

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 2:24pm On May 07, 2019
frowland:

I don't need to take any vail off to see that you are not saying anything meaningful.
There is an already old gauge lines, working. So as a temporary measure to decongest the port what should you do? Build a new narrow guage to the east?
Have you seen lorries along okene road? You compare that to the ones going to SE?
You think its only we Igbos that offload? People offload one full ship for themselves alone and most of them are northerners.

After the second line, I stopped reading. God bless you sir. Have a nice day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by BruncleZuma: 2:25pm On May 07, 2019
simplycarro:

Military and the PDP killed it, OBJ tried to revive the sector but he couldn’t achieve much

Just had to sneak in the PDP...I feel you man.
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by TheAngry1: 2:26pm On May 07, 2019
essenceplus:

From Lagos to North and then since the bulk of businesses doing the importing is in the south. It moves from Lagos to Kaduna and back to Ogun state. Let's keep fooling ourselves.

Do you know that the inland Port in Kaduna is state owned? Why hasn't any Southeastern state considered it? Why can't all the states in the east jointly build a regional port in Onitsha, like Lagos is doing in Lekki? Na una dey deceive una selves. You are your worst enemies.

4 Likes

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 2:27pm On May 07, 2019
BruncleZuma:

You caught him red handed grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by RTSC: 2:29pm On May 07, 2019
What exactly has amaechi done for his south south people?
He also claims to be an igbo man when it suits him , so what exactly has he done for the south east?

Buhari for all his incompetence is a very good northerner.
And amaechi is just there doing his bidding without applying wisdom.
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by franksunny(m): 2:29pm On May 07, 2019
essenceplus:

From Lagos to North and then since the bulk of businesses doing the importing is in the south. It moves from Lagos to Kaduna and back to Ogun state. Let's keep fooling ourselves.
Whaaaat are youuuu saying, please simplify

1 Like

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 2:29pm On May 07, 2019
TheAngry1:

Do you know that the inland Port in Kaduna is state owned? Why hasn't any Southeastern state considered it? Why can't all the states in the east jointly build a regional port in Onitsha, like Lagos is doing in Lekki? Na una dey deceive una selves. You are your worst enemies.

There's bereaucracy in giving government approvals for use.... Go do your thorough research these people abeg.
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by jacoik(m): 2:30pm On May 07, 2019
prince3009:
Another opportunity for tinubu's account to shine!

His boys will be chasing the train coaches and hanging on the platform asking for "Owo mi da" N500 per coach. If you no pay, they signal their colleagues about 5km ahead that the train "driver" no gree drop o...

Then they will just throw iron rods, sticks and even Yoruba stew all over the tracks and BOOM...the "defaulting train" will derail and topple over. Then you will see "railroad-gridlock" and govt will begin to think of another way to tackle it!

No be Lagos?
lolxxx I swear u be wicked soul. u hate this boys reach like this ?
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by RTSC: 2:31pm On May 07, 2019
BruncleZuma:

He probably doesn't know that obasanjo was the first pdp president.
The guy was born yesterday.

That is how they blame pdp for the terrible mistakes of buhari and his friends in khaki.
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by frowland(m): 2:31pm On May 07, 2019
essenceplus:

After the second line, I stopped reading. God bless you sir. Have a nice day
After the first word I also lose interest. Critics will always find fault no matter the intentions.

2 Likes

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by TheAngry1: 2:31pm On May 07, 2019
essenceplus:

There's bereaucracy in giving government approvals for use.... Go do your thorough research these people abeg.

As usual, excuses.
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by gaskiyamagana: 2:32pm On May 07, 2019
aguiyi2:
Innovative if it can be sustained.
No. It is restoration because in the 70 s up to early 80s, this is how some products, produces, goods and livestocks were being moved to and fro Northern and Southern parts of the country before rail system pafuka. It will help a lot if it is sustain.
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by CaptainMarvel(m): 2:32pm On May 07, 2019
frowland:

Thank you for this enlightenment

1 Like

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by TheAngry1: 2:32pm On May 07, 2019
RTSC:
What exactly has amaechi done for his south south people?
He also claims to be an igbo man when it suits him , so what exactly has he done for the south east?

Buhari for all his incompetence is a very good northerner.
And amaechi is just there doing his bidding without applying wisdom.

Jonathan was President, what did he do for the South South and Southeast?
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 2:33pm On May 07, 2019
franksunny:
Whaaaat are youuuu saying, please simplify

The bluk of businesses that needs the goods are in the south. We have over 8 ports in the south that applications has been sent to government year in year out. They declined it. Sending goods meant for the industries in the south first to the north before it returns to the south has implications. Multiple haulage will push up the cost of production and ultimately the cost of products. Why they say its for Port decongestion its not purely true cause of it were they would start from diverting goods from congested ports to already established ports with low traffic in the southern region.

By given ports in the south heavy traffic means industries would have to be moved closer to the ports I. E from Kaduna, kano, Lagos, Ogun down inwards and spread across the southern belt which is what they're controlling.

People who know things should talk.

1 Like

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by simplycarro: 2:33pm On May 07, 2019
BruncleZuma:

That is my opinion, why not dispute it with your own opinion, we all can’t think same way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge Is Locked Down / First Batch Of Stranded Nigerians In Sudan Arrive Abuja (Video, Photos) / Woman Dies After Being Hit By 22-Year-Old Driver In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.