Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail (28305 Views)

Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions / Cargo Delivery By Rail To Kaduna Dry Port Starts Tuesday / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 3:58pm On May 07, 2019
laudate:

Go back and read your last epistle. You are the one who started the name calling. And who are you giving 4 weeks? To do what? You like digressing, o! This is the 3rd time you have been asked to name the 10 ports, one after the other. You cannot. Yet, you are here making noise. Chai! shocked

I gave my answer to that. Before Gej ousting he touched on ports few weeks before his out sing. Please go dig up that report and let me be. I just had light I need to go back to work. Thank you
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by Guyman02: 4:01pm On May 07, 2019
Michael11stock:
try understand the news first before you comment, they said it would be moved to Ogun or Oyo then from there standy trailers would convey them to their respective destinations.

You need to understand, it also says the cargo will go to Kaduna and Kano Dry Ports and from there to other destinations
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 4:02pm On May 07, 2019
laudate:

Go back and read your last epistle. You are the one who started the name calling. And who are you giving 4 weeks? To do what? You like digressing, o! This is the 3rd time you have been asked to name the 10 ports, one after the other. You cannot. Yet, you are here making noise. Chai! shocked

Start your research here

https://www.nairaland.com/4509659/why-four-other-seaports-nigeria

GEJ approved the establishment of more ports weeks before leaving office which was fought tooth and nail.

Please do your digging.,do your research

I NEED TO WORK. I'VE TRIED FOR TODAY. FOR THE WEEK SEF.

BYES

THE BOTTOMLINE IS IF THE GOVERNMENT HAS THE WILLPOWER AND WILLS TO DO, THE GOVT CAN WORK WITH STATE GOVS TO PUT ALL ENABLING FACILITIES IN PLACE TO HAVE AS MANY PORTS AS POSSIBLE.

DARN TIRED. OFF TO WORK

1 Like

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by rockyh(m): 4:21pm On May 07, 2019
titiloyeblog:

it will even make sense.... traffic will subside a bit
robbery will increase along the railway
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by laudate: 4:30pm On May 07, 2019
essenceplus:
Start your research here

GEJ approved the establishment of more ports weeks before leaving office which was fought tooth and nail.

BYES

THE BOTTOMLINE IS IF THE GOVERNMENT HAS THE WILLPOWER AND WILLS TO DO, THE GOVT CAN WORK WITH STATE GOVS TO PUT ALL ENABLING FACILITIES IN PLACE TO HAVE AS MANY PORTS AS POSSIBLE.

DARN TIRED. OFF TO WORK
Oga, after all the noise you made, you could only cite Autojosh's opinion article, as your so-called 'evidence' ? Chai! shocked His article was just an opinion which saw him asking questions in a bid to know why 4 other ports were underutilized. Yet, you are waving it around as your solid fact, to back up your so-called claim that '..10 ports were rejected applications....', to use your own words. sad Na wa o.
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by laudate: 4:31pm On May 07, 2019
essenceplus:
Start your research here

BYES

DARN TIRED. OFF TO WORK
Oga, after all the noise you made, you could only cite Autojosh's opinion article, as your so-called 'evidence' ? Chai! shocked His article was just an opinion which saw him asking questions in a bid to know why 4 other ports were underutilized. Yet, you are waving it around as your solid fact, to back up your so-called claim that '..10 ports were rejected applications....', to use your own words. sad Na wa o. You just shot yourself in the foot.
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by grandstar(m): 4:34pm On May 07, 2019
prince3009:
Another opportunity for tinubu's account to shine!

His boys will be chasing the train coaches and hanging on the platform asking for "Owo mi da" N500 per coach. If you no pay, they signal their colleagues about 5km ahead that the train "driver" no gree drop o...

Then they will just throw iron rods, sticks and even Yoruba stew all over the tracks and BOOM...the "defaulting train" will derail and topple over. Then you will see "railroad-gridlock" and govt will begin to think of another way to tackle it!

No be Lagos?

When last did this happen in Lagos?
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by marvel2011(m): 4:52pm On May 07, 2019
titiloyeblog:
@titiloyeblog.com

Beginning from today (Tuesday) containers and oil tankers would start moving goods from Lagos ports through the newly acquired Railway wagons to the north.

The goods would move to the dry port in Kaduna in the North.

The transport minister Rotimi Amaechi had ordered some wagons for the Lagos-Ibadan railway for the purpose.

This measure was designed to ease traffic and gridlocks caused by heavy-duty vehicles from Lagos and roads.

The move to curb the perennial traffic jam in Apapa axis, the Nigeria Railway Corporation resolved to deploy the eighteen newly imported wagons for haulage from Apapa seaport.

The Managing Director, Nigeria Railway Corporation, NRC, Engineer Fidet Okhiria, disclosed that the newly acquired 18 wagons are to boost the inland container dry port business by moving cargos from Apapa seaport to dry ports in Kaduna and other states.

The NRC has the capacity to evacuate 20 footer and 40 footer containers from Apapa port to, Ijoko and Abeokuta, both in Ogun state and Omi-Adio railway depots, in Oyo state, for onward transfer by parked trucks.

The trucks would evacuate the containers by road to their various destinations which most often is either the inland dry port in Kaduna or Kano.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/containers-tankers-start-movement-with.html

Nna, if security agents are not planted on those rails, na wahala be that oo
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by desiredhome: 5:39pm On May 07, 2019
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

There was a time in our history when a train moving goods was not news...what happened to us as a country?

That was when corruption was not being celebrated
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by Mkokelvin(m): 7:27pm On May 07, 2019
Welcome development. There will be less traffic and gridlock. I just pray the wicked ones don't destroy what is building. T
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by Mkokelvin(m): 7:28pm On May 07, 2019
Mkokelvin:
Welcome mko...development. There will be less traffic and gridlock. I just pray the wicked ones don't destroy what is building. T
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by hisgrace090: 8:14pm On May 07, 2019
iammo:
cool

Ameachi the best Transportation Minister Nigeria ever had after Samuel Ladoke that created Nigerian Airways. i still wonder why he isnt apreciated by his people

They say he accepted their enemy.

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 8:58pm On May 07, 2019
One day una go get sense for South
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by sweetilicious(f): 9:05pm On May 07, 2019
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

There was a time in our history when a train moving goods was not news...what happened to us as a country?
Because the country happen to be going into extinction.
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by naturefellow(m): 10:24pm On May 07, 2019
prince3009:
Another opportunity for tinubu's account to shine!

His boys will be chasing the train coaches and hanging on the platform asking for "Owo mi da" N500 per coach. If you no pay, they signal their colleagues about 5km ahead that the train "driver" no gree drop o...

Then they will just throw iron rods, sticks and even Yoruba stew and fresh slippery ewedu all over the tracks and BOOM...the "defaulting train" will derail and topple over. Then you will see "railroad-gridlock" and govt will begin to think of another way to tackle it!

No be Lagos?
dracarys!
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by rkennyking(m): 9:04am On May 08, 2019
essenceplus:

The bluk of businesses that needs the goods are in the south. We have over 8 ports in the south that applications has been sent to government year in year out. They declined it. Sending goods meant for the industries in the south first to the north before it returns to the south has implications. Multiple haulage will push up the cost of production and ultimately the cost of products. Why they say its for Port decongestion its not purely true cause of it were they would start from diverting goods from congested ports to already established ports with low traffic in the southern region.

By given ports in the south heavy traffic means industries would have to be moved closer to the ports I. E from Kaduna, kano, Lagos, Ogun down inwards and spread across the southern belt which is what they're controlling.

People who know things should talk.
dont get me angry pls. This your submission is so daft , so the whole north don't have a use of port right ?? The world standard for landlocked places is dry port. The government is trying to make sure we can get shipment meant for North to the new port. Also its no news to anybody that port in the south aside from Lagos Oceania ports have issue of of size. No ship wants to use a narrow water ways. Fine we have embarked on dredging which is not even economical . what else do you want

1 Like

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by rkennyking(m): 9:11am On May 08, 2019
essenceplus:

My dear. If you need tutor's hip you have to enrol seeing that blacks hate to read. My brain is hot. I'm off to ashewo beer parlour to chill.

When your knowledge base is intact you counter facts with facts and don't begin to ask your rival to tutor you. Naah. You know what go and dig. I'll be here for the next 4 weeks. If I'm wrong I'll pay you 50k for wasting your time.
Have a pleasant day.
man you are so huge a liar . you can't back up your useless fact with reference that shows that you never have anything to say in the first place. Now listen you lots that come up with fake news just to make the country appear bad we are now well aware of your skill and we we getting tired of it already

1 Like

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 9:34am On May 08, 2019
rkennyking:
man you are so huge a liar . you can't back up your useless fact with reference that shows that you never have anything to say in the first place. Now listen you lots that come up with fake news just to make the country appear bad we are now well aware of your skill and we we getting tired of it already

Plz i work, check the time we spent from first post to last. Smh, jobless youths. Go and enquire the last projects GEJ point his hands on 2-3 weeks before his outsing, when you guys find the truth you owe me 50k, if i'm wrong, i owe you 100k. You have a month. I'm not deactivating, i dey here gidigba. Till then, back to work, Please i'm busy working abeg. Please
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by essenceplus: 9:39am On May 08, 2019
rkennyking:
dont get me angry pls. This your submission is so daft , so the whole north don't have a use of port right ?? The world standard for landlocked places is dry port. The government is trying to make sure we can get shipment meant for North to the new port. Also its no news to anybody that port in the south aside from Lagos Oceania ports have issue of of size. No ship wants to use a narrow water ways. Fine we have embarked on dredging which is not even economical . what else do you want

Read and observe my points carefully and you'll have wisdom. Mehn, it's a full day, i'm designing a construction building for a three acres project. I don tell you, so you no go say i no dey busy. Please i had free time yesterday cause i was sick. I've addressed my concerns already and dont want to ccreate time for this. Thanks for disagreeing, we may disagree if i'm a liar, no problem, but one thing, i dey busy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by undiplomatic: 12:55pm On May 08, 2019
Guyman02:
Moving items meant for Onitsha and Benin to Dry Ports in Kaduna, meanwhile the Ports in Warri, Sapele, Onne, Calabar in Amaechis region of South South are experiencing very low traffic.
I tire for this country

my guy, you dey very very daft, you also get comprehension problem, the article stated three dry ports, Ijoko in Ogun state, Ibadan in Oyo state and that of Kaduna.
So, in your little mind, all containers coming into Nigeria are meant for SE?
So many Igbos traders doing business in the north also bring in containers thru the Lagos ports, the northern Hausas also do a lot of export in agricultural produce, e.g sesame seeds and dry hibiscus flower which are in millions of dollars, so those containers are not coming back empty and some of those goods going to Kaduna dry port will be re-transported to Niger Republic.

Is Ibadan dry port not closer to Onisha than Kaduna?
common sense is truly not common

1 Like

Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by undiplomatic: 2:08pm On May 08, 2019
frowland:

I don't need to take any vail off to see that you are not saying anything meaningful.
There is an already old gauge lines, working. So as a temporary measure to decongest the port what should you do? Build a new narrow guage to the east?
If the only option I have currently is to use the existing one, why not?
Have you seen Dangote offload on Teusdays? No you have not.
If you do, you will have an idea.
Have you seen lorries along okene road? You compare that to the ones going to SE?
You think its only we Igbos that offload? People offload one full ship for themselves alone and most of them are northerners.

God will richly bless you.

As a southeastern, you have chosen to speak the truth and be fair in your assessment of the Lagos ports congestion wahala we are presently experiencing, which will not last for long.
I really don't know why most Igbos can be so emotional and sentimental on the ports issue, without asking questions on what is being done to fix the congestion?

For over a period of 30yrs, the ports in Warri, Calabar and the old port in PH were not dredged and new deep seaports were not built, security(sea pyrates and Niger Delta militants) was also a big challenge which made shipping lines to charge very high for those ports,
A 30yrs neglect can't be turned around easily.

On the side note, I don't the info and details on why the Onitsha river Niger port has not started operation.....

But, as at today the Warri port dredging has been completed with millions of dollars, that of Calabar is ongoing, Lekki deep seaport is close to completion and Ibaka deep seaport construction will take off very soon in Akwa Ibom.

On a positive note, our ports congestion problem will gradually get solved within the next 2-4yrs
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by undiplomatic: 2:51pm On May 08, 2019
essenceplus:

The bluk of businesses that needs the goods are in the south. We have over 8 ports in the south that applications has been sent to government year in year out. They declined it. Sending goods meant for the industries in the south first to the north before it returns to the south has implications. Multiple haulage will push up the cost of production and ultimately the cost of products. Why they say its for Port decongestion its not purely true cause of it were they would start from diverting goods from congested ports to already established ports with low traffic in the southern region.

By given ports in the south heavy traffic means industries would have to be moved closer to the ports I. E from Kaduna, kano, Lagos, Ogun down inwards and spread across the southern belt which is what they're controlling.

People who know things should talk.

I can't make or understand the head and tail of your post?
You lack common sense, so the entire northern Nigeria with a population of about 80million do not consume the same imported goods that are consumed down southern Nigeria
The promoters and lead investors in the Kaduna dry port are from the south, with many IGBOS on its board of directors, GOOGLE is your friend, do your search there.

In your little mind, all containers coming into Nigeria are meant for SE?

So many Igbos traders doing business in the north also bring in containers thru the Lagos ports, the northern Hausas also do a lot of exports in agricultural produce, e.g sesame seeds and dry hibiscus flower which are in millions of dollars, so those containers are not coming back to Lagos empty and some of those goods going to Kaduna dry port will be re-transported to Niger Republic
Re: Containers, Tankers Start Movement By Rail by ThaRealNyke: 9:49pm On May 16, 2021
This is a free seminar (+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information on Clearing and Forwarding, Import and Export, Air Freight and Sea Cargo delivery with proper documentation at Customs Apapa Wharf, Lagos Nigeria port authority.

Everyone deserves an easy way of Clearing their goods in Wharf Apapa Lagos, Nigeria. From a Container of Tokunbo Cars, New Cars, Trucks, equipment and gadgets, electronics, building materials and all types of goods in vogue at the normal charges.

(+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information.
VANLEX GLOBAL EXPRESS NIG. LTD.
Office Address: 21, Complex Office, TINCAN Island, Apapa Lagos.

We are here on Earth to help each other!
Our presences in virtually Sea and Airports in Nigeria have facilitated the increase in our list of clientele far and wide, mainly those importing to Nigeria.

I help the Importers and Exporters with all Customs Brokers services , as well as statutory agencies for the provision of logistics support and documentations of exportation and importation of goods. I render Custom Licensed clearing and Forwarding services.

(+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information.
VANLEX GLOBAL EXPRESS NIG. LTD.
Office Address: 21, Complex Office, TINCAN Island, Apapa Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Floods In Jeremi, Where Utorogu Gas Plant Is Located / Nigerians In South Korea / List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.