Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa (12870 Views)

My DIY Aquaponics/greenhouse Setup In Ogun State / Snail Farm Construction (free Range Curtain Method) In Nigeria,africa. / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by sonety2k(m): 4:50pm On May 07, 2019
cool
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by tidalstorm(m): 4:58pm On May 07, 2019
nice post.......... currently into poultry farming though it's my first time.
28 broiler birds and those guys can eat. i never thought the feed was going to be that expensive. it's #3600 per bag.
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by Ayodehji202: 4:59pm On May 07, 2019
Day 11-gumboro
3rd week -- LASOTA
This first dose vaccines are very important

Watch your birds for coccidiosis and viral diseases

You can also decide to go organic by using ginger, garlic, aloe Vera and fruits
At day 11,yoy administer gum[/quote]

please how can I adminster the lasota vacinne for my birds
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 07, 2019
I just open a shop with the intention of supplying eggs in PH to retail shops . I have contacted poultry farm managers in PH but they are all complaining that they don't have eggs for now. Please I need where to buy eggs from , not as a retailer but as a supplier
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by tripleace(m): 5:45pm On May 07, 2019
World Top 20 Egg Producers.

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by ayEbeneyzer(m): 6:37pm On May 07, 2019
Hedriz:
My love for Poultry farming, I know about it and I don't really know much about it, I don't know if there's any professional consultant as regards this field here that can put me through, or any farm you can refer me to for internship. I'm still a student and I felt after my school I should fall into this kind of lucrative business. Any help? 08123447164

nice 1, entrepreneur is d way bro

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by Burchester: 7:00pm On May 07, 2019
Nice
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by timsucess(m): 7:28pm On May 07, 2019
Hedriz:
My love for Poultry farming, I know about it and I don't really know much about it, I don't know if there's any professional consultant as regards this field here that can put me through, or any farm you can refer me to for internship. I'm still a student and I felt after my school I should fall into this kind of lucrative business. Any help? 08123447164
Am planning of venturing into it immediately after my NYSC

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 07, 2019
my opinion: I have stopped buying chicken from poultry, I do local fowl now no matter how it costs.
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by gaddafe(m): 8:44pm On May 07, 2019
julietto:

pen construction for 100 birds =10,000(including workmanship) it shouldn't be up to that tho

Purchase of Poultry equipments (drinker, feeding bowl, light, charcoal for heat) --3000 it shouldn't be up to that

Purchase of birds (100) at 200 per bird =20,000

Feed -breedwell starter in my area is 3800(2 1/2 -3 bags will be enough for 10 weeks) 3800*3=11400

Vaccines lasota and gumboro(1-2nd dose) -3000

Antibiotics and vitamins -1500
Other emergency drugs -2500

note:these are not the exact prices, it might be different in your area

This estimate get as e be o. Are you sure you're into this business. If not for phone typing I would have corrected some observations
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by kingofthemall: 8:58pm On May 07, 2019
tidalstorm:
nice post.......... currently into poultry farming though it's my first time.
28 broiler birds and those guys can eat. i never thought the feed was going to be that expensive. it's #3600 per bag.
How many bags did you give them before they reach broiler stage
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by Bar1941(m): 9:17pm On May 07, 2019
Marketing of the products is very important aspect, even before going into the biz, do a market survey and be sure there is availability of buyers because if as at when due the birds are not disposed, one will incure additional cost of production which will reduce the projected profit.
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by adedehinbo(m): 10:35pm On May 07, 2019
julietto:

As lucrative as poultry farming is
You must know the basis which include feeding, drugs and vaccines

If you are a beginner, it's advisable to start small I.e one carton of any bird of your choice (broiler, cockerels and noilers) preferably broiler cos they grow quick and you can get your Return Of investment if properly done 100%
Starr with one carton of broiler 200per chick as at Monday (50 in a carton)
Day 1= you give only glucose
Day 2-5- antibiotics and vitamins
Day 11-gumboro
3rd week -- lasota

At day 11,yoy administer gum
thanks so much for people like u here,this page has been so helpful,I have learned so many things here,from the knowledge I have gained here,I started rearing some turkeys 50pieces,though faced some challenges and currently I have grown turkeys 35pieces,would be starting broilers soon,after then would fall into layers,I really appreciate those who had used their time and data to share some knowledge, its only God that could bless u enough

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by adedehinbo(m): 10:46pm On May 07, 2019
Ayodehji202:

Day 11-gumboro
3rd week -- LASOTA

please how can I adminster the lasota vacinne for my birds
get a cooler,go to poultry shop where vaccines re sold,give them ur cooler,u can buy 100dose or 200 depending on the numbers of ur bed,they would give u the vaccine, one small thing like that inside the cooler with some block water,so it could prevent bfr u get to ur destination,because if its exposed to heat its spoiled.
Now this is how u give ur birds
1. Withdraw water completely from night if u re giving ur birds in the morning,make sure they re tasty
2.when u get home with the cooler and lasota,take the water feeder,open the lasota and pour into the water with milk together
3.give it to the birds,make sure they drinks it for 1hr
4.withdraw it and dispose in a place birds can't walk to,it turns to disease after an hour

2 Likes

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by Hedriz(m): 10:53pm On May 07, 2019
timsucess:
Am planning of venturing into it immediately after my NYSC
same here bro
All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by phantom24: 11:03pm On May 07, 2019
i've been on this for over 4years. Poultry farming is quite interesting bt its important to note that this bzness is highly risky because birds are frail creatures nd mortality is inevitable. success in this business is dependant on disease management & specie of livestock.
For Broilers I advice people to go for Ross 308 Or Arbor Acre Plus,
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by phantom24: 11:16pm On May 07, 2019
For d estimate,( birds+feed+medication) it will cost you 75-80k to raise 100 broilers 6wks
10 broilers can consume approximately 25kg bag of feed from day old to maturity.
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by essenceplus: 6:51am On May 08, 2019
prekumohtim:
I just open a shop with the intention of supplying eggs in PH to retail shops . I have contacted poultry farm managers in PH but they are all complaining that they don't have eggs for now. Please I need where to buy eggs from , not as a retailer but as a supplier

Ok.
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by boneyone(m): 3:00pm On May 09, 2019
Great idea to start a poultry farm, but you cant be there always and you might have a blue collar job, which means you cant always be there. with our cctv camera you can put an eye on your poultry from the comfort of your desk. The cameras can be rotated 355degrees to view different angles and its has 2 way audio , which means you can hear and talk with your manager/foreman/workers, also has night vision and motion detection, which means if you set it to view where that snake/ cat or 'human thief' comes from you get a motion detection alert on your mobile phone
The major beauty of this camera is that you can buy 1 and increase as funds come or as business increases...and it starts from just 25,000.
Add our wifi bulbs with the cameras and once you get a motion alert you can remotely turn the bulb or use one of wifi sockets, connect to multiple bulbs and turn them all on when you put on the socket remotely.

To simplify the whole job, if you come to our office with your wifi internet we can configure the camera for you and all you have to do is mount it at your location, if your are moving simply unmount and move to new location.

oh....you can also power this cameras with a power bank or connect to a solar rechargeable lamp/device that has usb ports, that should take care of power for you!!

Send a DM or call, info in bio
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by Abuloma80(f): 11:34pm On May 09, 2019
julietto:

As lucrative as poultry farming is
You must know the basis which include feeding, drugs and vaccines

If you are a beginner, it's advisable to start small I.e one carton of any bird of your choice (broiler, cockerels and noilers) preferably broiler cos they grow quick and you can get your Return Of investment if properly done 100%
Starr with one carton of broiler 200per chick as at Monday (50 in a carton)
Day 1= you give only glucose
Day 2-5- antibiotics and vitamins
Day 11-gumboro
3rd week -- lasota

Good write up. The procedures do resemble mine. From experience these procedures do work excellently for me. In fact I just sold off my broilers at 6 weeks old. I recorded a mortality of 2% (out of 600 l lost only 12 birds). At the 6th week, dressed broilers were weighing 1.5kg - 2kg.

Selling them was fantastic, due to the fasting period they sold like hot cake. Cost of raising them was minimized because at 4 weeks l feed them with feed formulated and produced by me, with a difference of 30% than the commercial feed in the market. For criticism sake l will leave that from the write up. Only that anyone interested can contact me for a free formulation.

Procedures l adopted are as follows:-
Day 1 give Glucose + Vitamins
Day 2 - 6 Antibiotics + Vitamins
Day 7 - 9 Plain Water for 3 days
Day 10 GOMBORO Vaccination
Day 11 Plain Water + Vitamins
Day 12 - 16 Anticoccidia Prevention
Day 17 Plain Water + Vitamins
Day 18 LASOTA Vaccination
Day 19 - 23 Repeat Anticoccidia
Day 24 - 28 Antibiotics + Vitamins
Day 29 - 33 Plain Water + Vitamins
Day 34 - 42 Plain Water and disposal.
The type of Antibiotics to be given you liaise with you Vet Doctor or from experience what works best for you.

Profitability:-
With the above procedures l was able to raise the broilers at an average cost of N700 per bird. Selling price on wholesale was N1,100. Conservative average Margin per bird is N400. So for 600 birds (580 x 400) = N232,000 in just 6 weeks.

4 Likes

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by essenceplus: 4:27am On May 10, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
Something is absolutely wrong with Nigeria(ns) as a whole... the leaders and citizens! Everyone seem to be mad, I swear! angry

Just imagine how everyone ignore this beautiful and educative thread. angry

Don't mind them baba mi. PDP ati apc ni ko ma pa ru wo nbe.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by essenceplus: 4:29am On May 10, 2019
julietto:

pen construction for 100 birds =10,000(including workmanship) it shouldn't be up to that tho

Purchase of Poultry equipments (drinker, feeding bowl, light, charcoal for heat) --3000 it shouldn't be up to that

Feed -breedwell starter in my area is 3800(2 1/2 -3 bags will be enough for 10 weeks) 3800*3=11400

Can I come to your poultry farm so I consult with you on setting out?
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by aysnoopy(m): 4:08pm On May 15, 2019
julietto:

How can pen construction for 100 birds be #10,000?
Please enlighten me
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by Maximanuel2(m): 1:11pm On May 18, 2019
Hedriz:

DEMACCO FARMS,NIKE,ENUGU STATE is a good farm to learn

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by booksrite(f): 6:36am On Jun 29, 2019
same here bro All the best

Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by sultry69(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2022
Kayouzka:
Land suitable for poultry farming at imota ikorodu Lagos state for sale at #500k

Call Akindele kayode
akindelek1.ka@gmail.com
what is the area of land?
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by Kayouzka(m): 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2022
sultry69:
what is the area of land?

The land is located at imota behind Caleb University

It is 600 sqm
And 300 sqm

Suitable for both poultry and residential development

Call me Akindele Kayode Kolawole
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by sultry69(m): 4:47am On Jan 17, 2022
Kayouzka:

The land is located at imota behind Caleb University

It is 600 sqm
And 300 sqm

Suitable for both poultry and residential development

Call me Akindele Kayode Kolawole
Ok
Re: Poultry Farming Business Setup In Nigeria, Africa by Kayouzka(m): 6:04pm On Jan 17, 2022
sultry69:
Ok

Thanks for messaging, I'll be expecting your call

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With / Catfish Fingerling And Juvenile Production / Eggs Theft In Poultry: What Is The Way Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.