Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,788 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

We Are Proud Of You; Kogi King Celebrates Mr Voiceover - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / We Are Proud Of You; Kogi King Celebrates Mr Voiceover (294 Views)

Nollywood Actors Celebrates Mr Latin As He Celebrates His 55th Birthday (video) / Proud Of My Baby! - Chioma Shares New Photo With Davido / Actress Tonto Dike Celebrates Mr. Wale Birthday In Style (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are Proud Of You; Kogi King Celebrates Mr Voiceover by CampusPressNG: 4:18pm On May 07, 2019
The Chairman, Okun Traditional Council Of Obas and His Royal Highness, Obaro of Kabba, Solomon Dele Owoniyi, in his speech has celebrated the Kogi-Born international award winning graduating student of University of Benin, Emmanuel Oluwasayomi Ahmadu, popularly known as Mr Voiceover, for thinking out of the box to organize an innovative campaign holding across the 6 geo-political zones of Nigeria on "Mental Health Awareness And Sensitization Programme", focused on "tackling the menace of depression and suicide in Nigeria", which was recently held on 1st May in Kabba, Kogi State for North Central Nigeria.

In his words, delivered by his representative, His Majesty, Oba Olurinjon Olushade Tanimowo, said "the country needs youths like Mr Voiceover who would think out of the box to profer solution to national problems". He encouraged the government, private and public organization, corporate bodies, non governmental organization, well-meaning Nigerians and the media to do all they can to support him on his campaign to tackle the alarming rate of depression and suicide in Nigeria.

In an interview with the convener, Mr Voiceover, who is a survivor of depression and suicide contemplation spoke on what motivated him to organize the national campaign. "I have great burden for youths who are going through hard time because I know what it feels to be depressed, which sometimes could lead to suicidal thoughts"

In line with his success story which has gone viral on both local and international media, and has been a source of inspiration to millions of people across the world, which has also got him interviewed on various national newspapers as well as on BBC and ongoing on CNN, on how he wrote o'level exams 17 times, attended 16 primary schools, enrolled in 14 secondary schools and took the University matriculation examination 5 times before gaining admission into the University. This led to serious depression and suicidal thoughts, but he was able to overcome it.

"I am using my story to give ray of hope to people who are going through various challenges and are depressed and are contemplating suicide". He said.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Realistically Disabled Are Almost Non Existence In Naija Hip Hop / Kim Kardashian West And Kanye West Welcome A New Baby Boy (PHOTOS) / Court Clears Shakira Of Plagiarism Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.