Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship (33859 Views)

‘Why El-Rufai Shut Arewa House Against Obi’s Supporters’ - The Guardian / Mai Mala Buni: Why El-rufai, Tinubu’s Ambitions Can’t Tear APC Apart In 2023 / Atiku Presidency: Why El-rufai Is Afraid - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by jaxxy(m): 7:43am On May 08, 2019
All I know is the SE take either president or vp. Ya’ll can keep yapping
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by Kinikini: 7:44am On May 08, 2019
While I do not yet take 2023 presidential race a serious matter as at now, I do know El Rufai has burnt all his goodwill with the south with his loose mouth, arrogance, and the open frolicking with Fulani at the expense of the minority ethnic groups in Kaduna. He will never become the president of Nigeria. He is politically damaged. I hope he gets told the truth.

nairavsdollars:
* Lagos Is Not Kaduna, Joe Igbokwe Tells El-Rufai

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The battle for President Muhammadu Buhari’s successor in 2023 is already causing ripples in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) as Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, national leader of the party, and Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State are at loggerheads over who takes over as the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF).

Both men are rumoured to be nursing the ambition of succeeding President Buhari in 2023.

El-Rufai, at the weekend, had taken a swipe at Tinubu’s dominance of the political structure in Lagos State, saying it was time to end godfatherism in the state just as he ended it in Kaduna State.

To free Lagos from Tinubu’s grip, El-Rufai said, one of the best ways is to start the campaign now by embarking on a study to understand why five million out of the six million voters in Lagos State did not vote.

“Here in Lagos, you have over six million registered voters, only about a million voted (in 2019 general elections); five million did not vote. If I want to run for governor of Lagos, I will start now.

“I will commission a study to know why those five million registered voters did not vote; where do they go on election day?

“Then I will start visiting them for the next four years. I will try and get just two million of them to come and vote for me; I will defeat any godfather. The key is to go to the people.

“The card reader and the biometric register have given us the tools to connect directly with the people. I assure you if you do that for the next four years, connecting with the people; the tin godfather, you will retire him or her permanently. But it is hard work; it requires three to four years of hard work. So, if you want to run in 2023, you should start now.”

Speaking with our correspondent on Tuesday, a member of the APC’s National Working Committee (NWC) said El-Rufai was embittered with Tinubu for interfering in the process of who becomes the next chairman of the Governors’ Forum, a position currently occupied by Abdulaziz Yari, outgoing governor of Zamfara State.

While El-Rufai is lobbying to succeed Yari, thinking the position would further help him in realising his presidential ambition, Tinubu is angling for Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State on the basis that Fayemi, who was first sworn in in October 2010 is the most senior among the governors.

The source said: “Yes, Governor El-Rufai is unhappy with the interference of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in the leadership process of the Governors’ Forum.

“While he is desirous of succeeding Governor Yari of Zamfara, Tinubu is disposed to having Fayemi occupy the position.

“I think it all centres on the 2023 presidency. Though both of them have not come out in the open to admit it, it is widely believed that both men are working underground on how to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023, and they believe whoever occupies the position of the Governors’ Forum will have a key role to play.

“Most especially, El-Rufai believes that occupying the position will greatly increase his influence politically and as such is unhappy with the way Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos, is meddling in the process.”

Reacting to El-Rufai’s statement on Tuesday, Joe Igbokwe, publicity secretary of the APC in Lagos, noted that Lagos was not Kaduna where El-Rufai ended the dominance of godfathers.

He also said anyone who wanted to achieve Tinubu’s status in Nigerian politics must work hard and do less talking.

“That was what happened; he was making reference to Asiwaju Tinubu. The person that threw up the question is Muiz Banire, and you know the relationship between Banire and Asiwaju.

“But Lagos is not Kaduna. I have an article that I just wrote titled, ‘If You Want To Be Like Asiwaju, Go And Work’. I will make it available to you shortly.”

The article by Igbokwe reads: “They want to be like Asiwaju, they want to command respect, they want the world to accept them the way they have accepted Asiwaju, they want to get great followers like Asiwaju BAT, they want to be admired the way people admire Asiwaju, they want the people to love them the way they love Asiwaju, they want to stand tall anywhere they go like Asiwaju, they want to attract attention like Asiwaju, they want to be celebrated and honored like Asiwaju, they want to be worshiped the way Asiwaju’s great followers worship him, they want to be lifted up the way God has lifted Asiwaju up, they want to be noticed like Asiwaju, they want to stand out like Asiwaju and they want to influence decisions at all levels like Asiwaju, etc.

“But in actions and deeds they are not like Asiwaju. In character and in tolerance they are not like Asiwaju. In commitment and hard work they are not like BAT.

“In grace and empathy they are not like BAT. In temperament and love for humanity they are not like Asiwaju. They cannot surrender their home to the people the way BAT has been doing. They cannot fight for others the way BAT does.

“They cannot deny themselves freedom for the sake of others the way BAT does. They cannot stand for the ordinary people the way Asiwaju does. They cannot be trusted the way we trust BAT.

“They cannot give the way BAT does. They cannot sacrifice what BAT has sacrificed for humanity for close to 40 years. They cannot live for others the way the way Asiwaju has done for years. I can go on and on but he who must lead others must first lead himself.”
https://www.independent.ng/tinubu-el-rufai-lock-horns-over-ngf-chair/

1 Like

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by goat22: 7:45am On May 08, 2019
superlanny:
See this electronic rufai o, better leave jagaban where he is, there are people who hold the keys to Nigeria and jagaban is one of them...he doesn't need to talk much, anyone debating whether Yoruba will lead Nigeria in 2023 is sleeping on a bicycle. Mark my words...

Belle dey big you no like am see am, prevention is better than cure, QRC drug go do am, prevention is better than cure, belle dey big you no like am see am.
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by StPete: 7:46am On May 08, 2019
Let’s be honest here, Tinubu hasn’t done badly as a godfather of Lagos. In comparison to other Nigerian godfathers who are hell bent on ripping off the masses of their respective States, Tinubu has been an investor. No salary of any civil servant of the state is owed, development projects are seen everywhere, moreso, he’s known to be very generous, fatherly, slow to react and highly forgiving.

Before anyone would say I am a beneficiary of Tinubu’s, let me state categorically that I’ve never met him nor have any direct relationship with him. I’ve just noticed all these over time and came to the realization that Tinubu is actually good for the pivotal development of Lagos

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by Auxtin85(m): 7:50am On May 08, 2019
Who guaranteed these animals they will be alive in 2023? You can’t mock God

2 Likes

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by Nobody: 7:51am On May 08, 2019
Elrufai cannot even win the entire north west , talkless of winning other zones to become president . The truth is, apc as a party will fizzle before end of Buhari-led administration. Those who have joined force to form the party have grossly been disappointed, from east, to west, north and south. The party has derailed from their change mantra. The last elections had further exposed the party's weakness and character, which have been hidden for 4 good years.

Elrufai is a blabber. A leader talks less and works more. He's a religious and ethnic bigot who always protects the interests of fulanis, even if his folks are doing wrong, he doesn't care. Such a person would find it hard to stand tall in a multi-ethnic and religious country like Nigeria. President is not by mouth but by action.

Be that as it may, ourr leaders warned Tinubu before he ganged up with the northerners in 2014 but he refused, because of his heinous agenda, selfishness and greed. The front runner of restructuring in Nigeria which would have benefited every region suddenly kept quiet the moment he and his cronies formed the apc. I used to respect this man until I got to know his real agenda. It serves him right. What the northerners did to him in 2015 after Buhari won election, despite his relentless efforts to see him win, which made his wife to be ranting in the house That her husband had been sidelined , would be a tip of the iceberg this time.

Nigerians, especially the western youths who wish to venture into politics in future should learn from this corrupt and selfish leaders. The country is in a stagnant state. The level of insecurity is appalling. Because of Tinubu's fusion with the north, herdsmen now abduct our people, kill and rape women. They've infiltrated our land. Ife-ilesha expressway is now a no go area. What had never happened in the past in our land. Ekiti and ogun states witnessed herdsmen attacks last month and if you talk the apc would say its all politics. God will judge all our selfish leaders, including Tinubu.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by hisexcellency34: 7:53am On May 08, 2019
So Hell Rufai wants to succeed Buhari...smh
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by cescky(m): 7:54am On May 08, 2019
post=78203026:

Insha Allah and in Jesus Mighty name Our amiable Vice President will take over from Our darling President come 2023.
We sane Nigerians will do it again.

May God give them long years in good health as they make our nation great again....and us as well.
Wisdom, knowledge and understanding will ALWAYS be with them.

To a New Nigeria we go..... If you don't want to go with us, you can go to Cameroun biko!

Confused hypocrite cum jobless tout, what has allah and Jesus to do in one sentence?
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by Stillthebest: 7:57am On May 08, 2019
aolawale025:
God fatherism does no good to society

It is everywhere the way we allow them to dominate here is the issue. It is in the USA and the U.K. Even.

1 Like

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by kikake: 7:57am On May 08, 2019
El Rufai angry with Tinubu.

Okorocha Rochas has a beef against Tinubu.

Audu of Kogi has axe to grind with Tinubu

Etc etc etc against Tinubu.

Are we sure Baba Buhari is not against Tinubu?
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by olisaEze(m): 8:01am On May 08, 2019
This article is really amusing. It is okay to interfere in the leadership of the NASS, but when it concerns the NGF, El rufai suddenly wants to end godfatherism in Lagos state? grin

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by israelmao(m): 8:05am On May 08, 2019
Northern spokesman is taking battle to Tinubu this day,the foretaste or prelude of 2023 agenda is gradually being unfolded.

2 Likes

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by Nobody: 8:07am On May 08, 2019
Where is it written it must be like this ...Buhari keeps appointing north to all parastatals...should it be so? ..sorry this is the only way the west can fight to put our people in strategic places too.lets play this game
airsaylongcon:

Chairman of NGF is always from the same region as the President
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by IkpuMmadu: 8:12am On May 08, 2019
Must he talk for them
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by Afonja007: 8:13am On May 08, 2019
Imagine elrufai as the president of Nigeria then you will know buhari is an al-Qaida while el rufai is Isis �even al-Qa'ida people they fear Isis brutality ,if you see el rufai speaking with white saliva coming out from end of his mouth fear go catch you, that guy is evil man his a jihadist Islamist Isis alshabab boko haram herdsmen all joined together

1 Like

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by SUCCEED001(m): 8:15am On May 08, 2019
Mace0lane:

To see a Nigeria that work pls wake up everyone morning n start insulting the trio of Ugwauyi Umahi n Ikpeazu for the failure that they are.

With this it is clear that if you see a failed Gov. You will not even identify one....
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by ChristianNorth: 8:20am On May 08, 2019
South West are too clannish and they have not given up on their stupid "everything-for-us" politics.
You have VP, you want Speaker, you are angling for DSP, you are eyeing Chairman NGF and you expect the country to vote you for president in 2023.

Instead of building bridges, they are busy fighting everyone.
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by bluecircle470: 8:48am On May 08, 2019
Mk93:
I can't vote either tinubu or El Rufia for president.
we should not expect anything from the presidency this four years because even those that enthroned him did it because of 2023

He’s not looking for your vote because you’re nothing
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by arsenal33: 8:50am On May 08, 2019
Esseite:
The opposition should take cue.... God is working in their favour..
Does the opposition not have godfathers? Abeg shift
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by Imo1stson: 8:51am On May 08, 2019
Tinubu will meet his waterloo in 2023 following his fight against Igbo Presidency. The combination of Igbo intellect with Northern militancy and population will humble him forever. He really made a big mistake with Oshiomole this 2019 and Northerners can never be pushed aside.

1 Like

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by senatordave1(m): 8:52am On May 08, 2019
fairfora:
Elrufai cannot even win the entire north west , talkless of winning other zones to become president . The truth is, apc as a party will fizzle before end of Buhari-led administration. Those who have joined force to form the party have grossly been disappointed, from east, to west, north and south. The party has derailed from their change mantra. The last elections had further exposed the party's weakness and character, which have been hidden for 4 good years.

Elrufai is a blabber. A leader talks less and works more. He's a religious and ethnic bigot who always protects the interests of fulanis, even if his folks are doing wrong, he doesn't care. Such a person would find it hard to stand tall in a multi-ethnic and religious country like Nigeria. President is not by mouth but by action.

Be that as it may, ourr leaders warned Tinubu before he ganged up with the northerners in 2014 but he refused, because of his heinous agenda, selfishness and greed. The front runner of restructuring in Nigeria which would have benefited every region suddenly kept quiet the moment he and his cronies formed the apc. I used to respect this man until I got to know his real agenda. It serves him right. What the northerners did to him in 2015 after Buhari won election, despite his relentless efforts to see him win, which made his wife to be ranting in the house That her husband had been sidelined , would be a tip of the iceberg this time.

Nigerians, especially the western youths who wish to venture into politics in future should learn from this corrupt and selfish leaders. The country is in a stagnant state. The level of insecurity is appalling. Because of Tinubu's fusion with the north, herdsmen now abduct our people, kill and rape women. They've infiltrated our land. Ife-ilesha expressway is now a no go area. What had never happened in the past in our land. Ekiti and ogun states witnessed herdsmen attacks last month and if you talk the apc would say its all politics. God will judge all our selfish leaders, including Tinubu.
Guy,stop all this nonsense? So only pdp should have been ruling? The time of pdp has passed.time for apc and others.you are in lagos enjoying the benevolence and goodworks of tinubu and apc.if you arent careful,you will leave there empty handed
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by hisexcellency34: 8:52am On May 08, 2019
Mere coincidence. Not a criteria

airsaylongcon:

Chairman of NGF is always from the same region as the President
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by senatordave1(m): 8:55am On May 08, 2019
ChristianNorth:
South West are too clannish and they have not given up on their stupid "everything-for-us" politics.
You have VP, you want Speaker, you are angling for DSP, you are eyeing Chairman NGF and you expect the country to vote you for president in 2023.

Instead of building bridges, they are busy fighting everyone.
Your zone is the one that is burning bridges

2 Likes

Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by hisexcellency34: 8:59am On May 08, 2019
What is this one saying?
olisaEze:
This article is really amusing. It is okay to interfere in the leadership of the NASS, but when it concerns the NGF, El rufai suddenly wants to end godfatherism in Lagos state? grin
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by KAHBOOM: 9:00am On May 08, 2019
Hahahaha! Joe igbokwe is on his own..I stand with Hell Rufai cos he will show the gold teeth politician hell.
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by chinedu234(m): 9:00am On May 08, 2019
For a pot porridge the canary can sing out his intestines. I hope God does not use this insanity that violates the second commandment to judge this man. May God understand that hunger and poverty have made some men lose their sanity in the country called Nigeria.
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by madenigga(m): 9:04am On May 08, 2019
I prefer Tinubu over El Rufai.

There's no difference between El Rufai and Buhari they are both Fulani apologists and extreme tribalists.

Tinubu is not.
Tinubu is a business man.
Tinubu I believe will always stand for the right thing.

I know oshiomle would support Tinubu over El Rufai, the only way Tinubu doesn't get the ticket is if the Apc breaks up before 2023
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by madenigga(m): 9:05am On May 08, 2019
Imo1stson:
Tinubu will meet his waterloo in 2023 following his fight against Igbo Presidency. The combination of Igbo intellect with Northern militancy and population will humble him forever. He really made a big mistake with Oshiomole this 2019 and Northerners can never be pushed aside.
Igbos don't have any intellect, what u should be saying is Igbo ignorance and northern population.

In intellect from what o have seen in Nigerian politics Yoruba's beat Igbo's hands down
Re: Why El-rufai Is Angry With Tinubu: Nigerian Governors' Forum Chairmanship by Nobody: 9:06am On May 08, 2019
bluecircle470:

He’s not looking for your vote because you’re nothing
idiot don't mistake me for your father and mother who are nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Origin Of Boko Haram / The State Of Nigeria Under President Buhari / Nuhu Salihu “Smally” Dies In Police Custody, Suspect In Dino Melaye’s Gun Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.