Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,645 members, 7,958,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

"Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? (19371 Views)

Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks / How To Change Your Car’s Spark Plugs / How To Read Your Spark Plugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 09, 2019
anambraamaka:
Tokunbo as long as Nigeria Is concerned most of the new ones don't last.
Speaking from 15 years driving experience

Of course, when u buy a set of 4 plugs for N2, 000 what do u expect. Try buy original set of spark plugs and u might not have to change it again for the entire time u would use the car.

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 09, 2019
lekkie073:
buy original spark plug that go for 1500 per piece

Original iridium spark plugs cost more than that. Original denso iridium plugs for Toyota is sold for around 18k for a set of 4 but can last the entire life of the car with better performance and fuel economy. But it all depends on manufacturers recommendation, if they don't recommend iridium then no need to get them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by LeJeun3: 4:01pm On May 09, 2019

People buying generator plugs for their luxury cars are among those saying tokunbo plugs are better.....

You want original plugs source for them, and don't use the price of generator plugs and tokunbo plugs to compare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by nextstep(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2019
Guy, abeg buy original. (I hope by Tokunbo you don't mean used... because that doesn't make sense to me)

Nothing worse than something like a cheap spark plug breaking in your engine while on expressway at 6pm because you didn't want to spend 10k on genuine parts that will last you +50k miles.

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by Durchmann(m): 5:32pm On May 09, 2019
radautoworks:

This is not even a question. Used spark plugs are not at their peak and I can't tell you the number of cars with "engine problems"that have been to the shop because of used spark plugs. Spark plugs are responsible for burning the petrol in the car. They do this by literally thousands of mini-explosions in your car repeatedly. WHY WOULD YOU BUY USED ONES

buy new ones. The cost is not much different and If they turn out to be fake, they will be easier to diagnose and cause a lot less damage. Also NIGERIANS SHOULD STOP BUYING CARS THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO MAINTAIN. STOP BUYING MERCEDES WITH COROLLA BUDGET.

Even Corolla sef is not so cheap to maintain itself unless you're talking of pre-2003 editions.

I concur with the bolded though.

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by radautoworks: 8:22pm On May 09, 2019
greenhulk:

Of course, when u buy a set of 4 plugs for N2, 000 what do u expect. Try buy original set of spark plugs and u might not have to change it again for the entire time u would use the car.

Exactly
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 8:33pm On May 09, 2019
radautoworks:

This is not even a question. Used spark plugs are not at their peak and I can't tell you the number of cars with "engine problems"that have been to the shop because of used spark plugs. Spark plugs are responsible for burning the petrol in the car. They do this by literally thousands of mini-explosions in your car repeatedly. WHY WOULD YOU BUY USED ONES

buy new ones. The cost is not much different and If they turn out to be fake, they will be easier to diagnose and cause a lot less damage. Also NIGERIANS SHOULD STOP BUYING CARS THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO MAINTAIN. STOP BUYING MERCEDES WITH COROLLA BUDGET.
You need some lessons about Nigeria car culture... what makes you think the Corolla is cheaper to maintain in comparison to an equivalent Merc?

2 Likes

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 8:34pm On May 09, 2019
nextstep:
Guy, abeg buy original. (I hope by Tokunbo you don't mean used... because that doesn't make sense to me)

Nothing worse than something like a cheap spark plug breaking in your engine while on expressway at 6pm because you didn't want to spend 10k on genuine parts that will last you +50k miles.
Getting original new is the real pain in the @ss

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 8:35pm On May 09, 2019
LeJeun3:

People buying generator plugs for their luxury cars are among those saying tokunbo plugs are better.....

You want original plugs source for them, and don't use the price of generator plugs and tokunbo plugs to compare.

You wey dey insert toks inside range.
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by radautoworks: 9:05pm On May 09, 2019
CityNGR:

You need some lessons about Nigeria car culture... what makes you think the Corolla is cheaper to maintain in comparison to an equivalent Merc?

You totally missed my point
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by LeJeun3: 9:53pm On May 09, 2019
CityNGR:

You wey dey insert toks inside range.

grin grin

U wish abi?

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by alezzy13: 10:23pm On May 09, 2019
Which is better between iridium and platinum?
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 10:25pm On May 09, 2019
iridium

alezzy13:

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by alezzy13: 10:27pm On May 09, 2019
CityNGR:
iridium

I see. Many thanks
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by dru23(m): 10:35pm On May 09, 2019
ShenTeh:
Call it poverty or what you like, after my experience experimenting with my money buying different expensive spark plugs against my 'Kazeems: instructions, I now am a proud advocate of tokunbo plugs.

Crazy us, until we have standardized ratio conformism, most new items imported into this country are near-scrap.

Tokunbo plugs all the way.

Mr .Man ,brand new spark plugs is the way .. Talking from experience, it will save you headache in the long run. Don't say tokunbo spark is the best all way ,especially in front of well educated people.. Don't go and make a fool yourself o .. I beg u
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by dru23(m): 10:36pm On May 09, 2019
alezzy13:

I think platinum is the best
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by dru23(m): 10:40pm On May 09, 2019
ShenTeh:
Call it poverty or what you like, after my experience experimenting with my money buying different expensive spark plugs against my 'Kazeems: instructions, I now am a proud advocate of tokunbo plugs.

Crazy us, until we have standardized ratio conformism, most new items imported into this country are near-scrap.

Tokunbo plugs all the way.
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by kingreign(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2019
dru23:

I think platinum is the best
Iridium actually has a better performance cos it's got better conductivity than platinum. Copper has the best conductivity of the trio. But platinum has better longevity, followed by iridium with copper coming third.

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by radautoworks: 10:43pm On May 09, 2019
alezzy13:

I see. Many thanks

The order is copper, Platinum,. Double Platinum, iridium

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 11:02pm On May 09, 2019
sent Gbenga an email for my 7090 hope you have them in stock?

radautoworks:

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 11:04pm On May 09, 2019
nope copper lowest, platinum middle, iridium highest longevity

kingreign:

Iridium actually has a better performance cos it's got better conductivity than platinum. Copper has the best conductivity of the trio. But platinum has better longevity, followed by iridium with copper coming third.

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by ceelog(m): 6:27am On May 10, 2019
radautoworks:

Please what is the cost of 4 original plugs for 2004 corolla?
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by kingreign(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2019
CityNGR:
nope copper lowest, platinum middle, iridium highest longevity

Nope, I disagree cheesy
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by samadex2007: 7:49am On May 10, 2019
For genuine car care accessories such as Plugs, Lubricants, Shock Absorber, visit :

https://www.nairaland.com/5154514/car-care-accessories
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 8:43am On May 10, 2019
kingreign:

Nope, I disagree cheesy
Radautoworks come and enrol this man in your training school

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by radautoworks: 1:41pm On May 10, 2019

2 Likes

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by radautoworks: 1:49pm On May 10, 2019
ceelog:

Please what is the cost of 4 original plugs for 2004 corolla?

They range from N1,256 each (copper) to N6,205 each (top of line iridium). They are so popular though I'm out of stock on any for older cars. Will bring a few in. Nigerians send to like NGK so will bring some of those in along with denso, Autolie and Bosch.

"Cost" column x 365 is price

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by samadex2007: 2:38pm On May 10, 2019
Get genuine NGK Spark Plugs, KYB Shock Absorber and Valvoline Premium Lubricants for your cars.

We do free delivery to your base within lagos if your purchase is above #30,000 .

Email : berachrent@gmail.com
Tel: 08158865642

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by CityNGR: 9:08pm On May 10, 2019
no point to miss, I'd rather buy a merc and sleep in peace than a corolla and become a watchman....

radautoworks:

You totally missed my point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by hisgrace090: 6:47am On May 11, 2019
jjcena:
Oga if you have money or if you want to enjoy your car buy original iridium spark plugs. If you can, come to auto parts trade fair I'll help you get the original. My car is more than 15 years but I still buy original parts for it and it has been serving me well. There are some things you shouldn't buy tokunbo

You're so lucky to have known where they sell the original one as the imitation litters everywhere today.

1 Like

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by samadex2007: 8:41pm On May 26, 2019
Are you scared of which engine oil to use, we have all climate oil for optimum performance of your engine.

Using genuine spark plug aid engine's efficiency, original NGK Spark Plugs Is the answer.

Order now and get confidence ;

Valvoline All Climate 20w50

Valvoline All Climate 5w30

Valvoline All Climate 5w40

NGK Spark Plugs - Iridium and platinum

KYB SHOCK ABSORBER for all OEMS.

call now ;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How you can process doctor's report for tinted glass / Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? / Facebook To Start Selling Cars From Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.