Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

"Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? (18690 Views)

Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks / How To Change Your Car’s Spark Plugs / How To Read Your Spark Plugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by booksrite(f): 6:19am On Jun 29, 2019
no point to miss, I'd rather buy a merc and sleep in peace than a corolla and become a watchman....

lipsrsealed
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by radautoworks: 11:04am On Aug 30, 2019
apcdoncastnaija:
i finally bought tokumbo plugs, the movement of my car is smooth and fine now.

Congrats. Hopefully they last
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by anyibig: 11:13am On May 20, 2020
radautoworks:

Congrats. Hopefully they last

Please what's the best spark plug for 2003 toyota corolla
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by radautoworks: 3:10pm On May 20, 2020
anyibig:

Please what's the best spark plug for 2003 toyota corolla

The original in the car was denso iridium but ngk is good too. There are also champion and auolite. Because of its age, make sure it's iridium or double platinum. Anything less will affect fuel consumption. Do NOT get copper.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by Twob: 3:40pm On May 25, 2020
MicroBox:

Tell us how to know specifically how to know which is for a particular car..

Check the car manual, it is written there.
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by sheu01: 1:31pm On May 26, 2020
greenhulk:

Original iridium spark plugs cost more than that. Original denso iridium plugs for Toyota is sold for around 18k for a set of 4 but can last the entire life of the car with better performance and fuel economy. But it all depends on manufacturers recommendation, if they don't recommend iridium then no need to get them.

Do u know where I can get original Iridium spark plug for 2006 Toyota corolla.

Denso - SK16R11 and NGK - IFR5A11
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by sheu01: 10:33pm On May 26, 2020
sheu01:

Do u know where I can get original Iridium spark plug for 2006 Toyota corolla.

Denso - SK16R11 and NGK - IFR5A11

Anybody with original for the two above shd forward it here and they shd let me know d price
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by peacemaker86(m): 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2021
radautoworks:

This is not even a question. Used spark plugs are not at their peak and I can't tell you the number of cars with "engine problems"that have been to the shop because of used spark plugs. Spark plugs are responsible for burning the petrol in the car. They do this by literally thousands of mini-explosions in your car repeatedly. WHY WOULD YOU BUY USED ONES

buy new ones. The cost is not much different and If they turn out to be fake, they will be easier to diagnose and cause a lot less damage. Also NIGERIANS SHOULD STOP BUYING CARS THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO MAINTAIN. STOP BUYING MERCEDES WITH COROLLA BUDGET.

Please where can I buy the original spark plug for my Honda Crosstour. Thanks!
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by rapheal5(m): 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2022
Igbudu1:

What vehicle ?

In either case , a tokunbo plug was once new .

New Original spark plugs are available , if you can afford it , go for it

So you may wish to rephrase , because there are original spark plugs and there are sub standard.

Let me know exact car brand , I can call off a contact t for you

pls i need original spark plug for corolla 2005
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by Dododawa01: 10:42am On Jul 08, 2022
rapheal5:
pls i need original spark plug for corolla 2005

@ Rapheal, Pls where did u get original spark plug for your corolla
Re: "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? by rapheal5(m): 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
Dododawa01:

@ Rapheal, Pls where did u get original spark plug for your corolla
I didn't later buy the spark plug, the car stopped misfiring and it's working perfect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Kind Of Car Is Good For A First Time Buyer? / Free Driving Lessons For 20 People / The Rise Of “Big For Nothing” (2002 – 2006 Toyota Camry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.