Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri (36248 Views)

Eze Chukwuemeka Eri & Nnia Nwodo At World Igbo Festival In US / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri With African Americans Of Igbo Ancestry / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri, Aka Ji Ovo Igbo Leads Community To Omambala River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by McTobe(m): 10:45pm On May 08, 2019
But don’t forget that Onitsha traces their origin to Benin. In fact Onitsha are descendants of a Benin prince. I refer you to a book that is no longer very common in circulation called “Azu ndu” I agree that Eze Eri is the foremost king in Igboland but it is important to keep history straight and keeping it straight is saying that Onitsha is not an original Igbo race rather from Benin then they call it Abini. The same goes with some part of Ogbaru people
hammer6F:

EVERY IGBO TRACE THEIR ORIGIN TO ERI.

THAT MAKES KING ERI THE SOURCE AND MOST SENIOR MONARCH IN IGBO LAND.

HONESTLY, I AM SURPRISED AT THIS PICTURES. ERI IS NOT AN OUT GOING KING.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 08, 2019
Hmmmmmm......

Check signature jahre
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by blowjohn(m): 10:46pm On May 08, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
angry

Many years back, i was a Prince on a small island off the coast of Madagascar....

Ur mad... Gaskia.
Madagascar ko madagaskia ni
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by BeautifulMind2: 10:49pm On May 08, 2019
AbaLion:
Ooni should stop this nonsense.
Stop bringing pigs to the palace. They ain't worth being close to the exalted throne.
There is no fuçking relationship either.

-Lion
Otondo can you compare your Oni palace to that of Obi of Onitsha His pedigree to Igwe Alfred Anachebe the Obi of Onitsha
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by hammer6F: 10:52pm On May 08, 2019
[s]
McTobe:
But don’t forget that Onitsha traces their origin to Benin. In fact Onitsha are descendants of a Benin prince. I refer you to a book that is no longer very common in circulation called “Azu ndu” I agree that Eze Eri is the foremost king in Igboland but it is important to keep history straight and keeping it straight is saying that Onitsha is not an original Igbo race rather from Benin then they call it Abini. The same goes with some part of Ogbaru people
[/s]

NONSENSE TALK!

BEER PALOUR TALK AFTER SOME BOTTLES OF GUINNESS.

U SAY, U TRACE UR ROOT TO BENIN, BUT WEN ONE OF U DID A COUP D ETAT, YOUR ROOTS WERE TRACED TO ERI AND ALL IGBOS SUFFERED.

EVEN YOUR BINI BROTHERS, U LABELED SABOTEUR. I AM TIRED OF FUCKERY IGBOS FROM THE SOUTHSOUTH.

IF I HEAR EZE CHIMA CAME FROM BENIN AGAIN, WITHOUT A BENIN NAME, THUNDER GO FIRE ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ2pcLO9HSc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 08, 2019
Zorbadezinc:

I gather there are now two Igwe’s in Aguleri
The Anambra State drunken Governor Obiano busy causing confusion all over the state and his community

His kinsmen have even reminded him that he is a settler and originally from Kogi State.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 08, 2019
McTobe:
Dear brother, we care little we're onitsha or which ever Igbo state, province or community come from.
Let me tell you something, do you know that history had been construed and constructed to suit the state or period it is. There is no concrete history, even in the world. Yes! I said even in the world. The queen of England can stand up today and say, the British throne had been found in Morocco or Egypt. She'll give you little bits of details here and there and that's it, people and historians accept and that's it.

Nri kingdom according to historians came before most empires, even Benin, Benin was after Nri. What you would have said is, Benin had political influence in Onitsha and not that they were originally from Benin. It wouldn't be appropriate to incite hate an venomous remarks by individuals in this thread. God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by BeautifulMind2: 10:58pm On May 08, 2019
[s]
McTobe:
[/s]

Onitsha Mmili was known as Ado N'Idu by migrants who departed from the vicinity of the Kingdom of Benin near the far western portion of Igboland (near what is now Agbor), after a violent dispute with the Oba of Benin that can be tentatively dated to the early 1500s. These migrants traveled eastward through what is now Western Igboland and various towns also called "Onitsha", for example Onicha-Ugbo, "farmland-Onitsha". Folklore has it that, Onitsha was founded by one of the sons of Chima, the founder of Issele-Uku kingdom in western Igboland. Chima, a prince who emigrated, settled and founded what is now known as Issele-Uku in Aniocha North Local Government Area. The eldest son of Chima eventually emigrated across the Niger River to establish the Onitsha community.
After their arrival on the east bank (Onicha-mmili, "Onitsha-on-water", see above), the community gradually became a unitary kingdom, evolving from a loosely organized group of "royal" villages to encompass "non-royal" villages comprising Igala settlers, and the native Igbos to form a more centralized entity. Eze Aroli was apparently the first genuinely powerful Obi of Onitsha, the ruler of the city.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by IjebuWarrior: 11:00pm On May 08, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Oduduwa is Eri's last born
#fact undecided

Eri ko, Eru ni... grin

Theres Nothing ever called Eri and you guys should stop deceiving yourselves formulating history to urself.

Savages! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by omobs(m): 11:01pm On May 08, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
angry

Many years back, i was a Prince on a small island off the coast of Madagascar....
what now happened?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by NNEWIsuper: 11:03pm On May 08, 2019
hammer6F:

EZE ERI IS LIKE NO OTHER KING.

HE IS A SPIRITUAL LEADER AND ONLY SUCH LEADER IN THE WHOLE IGBO LAND.

HE DOES NOT DO VISITING OR NATIONAL OCCASION.

THAT IS FOR OBI OF ONITSHA.

HENCE, NOT MANY KNOW OF HIM.
his rulership no pass his village, that's the fact..Igbo enwero eze...each community is independent... we're Republicans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by vioment: 11:05pm On May 08, 2019
This guys are really working hard for their money. I like their united nigeria effort, hopefully one day they will gather and say they don't need all these kings, or decide to run museums. Good for progressing nigerian unity.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by McTobe(m): 11:08pm On May 08, 2019
Does that not corroborate with what I said, so why strike through my post?
BeautifulMind2:
[s][/s]

Onitsha Mmili was known as Ado N'Idu by migrants who departed from the vicinity of the Kingdom of Benin near the far western portion of Igboland (near what is now Agbor), after a violent dispute with the Oba of Benin that can be tentatively dated to the early 1500s. These migrants traveled eastward through what is now Western Igboland and various towns also called "Onitsha", for example Onicha-Ugbo, "farmland-Onitsha". Folklore has it that, Onitsha was founded by one of the sons of Chima, the founder of Issele-Uku kingdom in western Igboland. Chima, a prince who emigrated, settled and founded what is now known as Issele-Uku in Aniocha North Local Government Area. The eldest son of Chima eventually emigrated across the Niger River to establish the Onitsha community.
After their arrival on the east bank (Onicha-mmili, "Onitsha-on-water", see above), the community gradually became a unitary kingdom, evolving from a loosely organized group of "royal" villages to encompass "non-royal" villages comprising Igala settlers, and the native Igbos to form a more centralized entity. Eze Aroli was apparently the first genuinely powerful Obi of Onitsha, the ruler of the city.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Westbestside: 11:12pm On May 08, 2019
Mk93:

there is an eze Igbo ruling over Lagos State. where is your own oba in Igbo land?
Eze igbo ruling which part of Lagos. Akure pankere is saying hello to your eze.

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by LazyGold(m): 11:13pm On May 08, 2019
duvetmaster:
Oduduwa was an igbo prince

Oduduwa was not an Igbo prince

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by hammer6F: 11:13pm On May 08, 2019
BeautifulMind2:
[s][/s]

[s] Mmili was known as Ado N'Idu by migrants who departed from the vicinity of the Kingdom of Benin near the far western portion of Igboland (near what is now Agbor), after a violent dispute with the Oba of Benin that can be tentatively dated to the early 1500s. These migrants traveled eastward through what is now Western Igboland and various towns also called "Onitsha", for example Onicha-Ugbo, "farmland-Onitsha". Folklore has it that, Onitsha was founded by one of the sons of Chima, the founder of Issele-Uku kingdom in western Igboland. Chima, a prince who emigrated, settled and founded what is now known as Issele-Uku in Aniocha North Local Government Area. The eldest son of Chima eventually emigrated across the Niger River to establish the Onitsha community.
After their arrival on the east bank (Onicha-mmili, "Onitsha-on-water", see above), the community gradually became a unitary kingdom, evolving from a loosely organized group of "royal" villages to encompass "non-royal" villages comprising Igala settlers, and the native Igbos to form a more centralized entity. Eze Aroli was apparently the first genuinely powerful Obi of Onitsha, the ruler of the city.[/s]

THE ONLY INFLUENCE BINI MIGHT HAVE HAD ON IGBOS IN THE WEST WAS KIDNAPPING THEM FOR THE EUROPEAN SLAVE TRADERS.

WE KNOW BINI KINGDOM CONDUCTED SLAVE RAID, ACQUIRED WEAPONS AND EXPANDED THEIR BORDERS INTO PRESENT DAY DELTA.

AS FOR EZE CHIMA, THE BENIN MAN, THAT IS PURE NONSENSE.

IT IS PLAUSIBLE THAT EZE CHIMA MIGHT HAVE BEEN AN IGBO MAN, ESCAPING BENIN SLAVE RAID.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Curlieweed: 11:19pm On May 08, 2019
Man shall not be free until the last king is hung from the entrails of the last priest.

Diderot

Seems very apt since these two are priest-kings.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by BiafraIsFree: 11:20pm On May 08, 2019
FuckDaMods:
See that slave sitting on the floor with that his shiny head grin
Looking like he is tired of life grin

You completely commented my thought concerning the afonja slave on the floor.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by McTobe(m): 11:20pm On May 08, 2019
Bros I am stating it unequivocally, without any fear of contradiction and I do not mean to incite any hate or venomous remarks. It is not in my character and it will never be to incite people against people. I am quoting verifiable history and someone even provided more detail, I quoted a book too. To delve deeper my Mother is from Onitsha and I was brought up there from Umu Eze Aroli clan specifically I am not demeaning Onitsha I am rather saying what I have read and heard from my Great grand Mother. Even my own village in Ogbaru hail from Benin but having settled in the present Anambra will be counted as Igbo race but that does not mean I trace my origin to Nri. Even my surname that I bear up to this moment is Benin name. And I want to disagree strongly with you that you can present and write anything as history and so your example of a British Monarch does not hold water for me. I do not disagree that Igbos origin is Nri i am simply saying that my own people and Onitsha descendants are of Benin Origin. Cheers
Eberejesus111:

Dear brother, we care little we're onitsha or which ever Igbo state, province or community come from.
Let me tell you something, do you know that history had been construed and constructed to suit the state or period it is. There is no concrete history, even in the world. Yes! I said even in the world. The queen of England can stand up today and say, the British throne had been found in Morocco or Egypt. She'll give you little bits of details here and there and that's it, people and historians accept and that's it.

Nri kingdom according to historians came before most empires, even Benin, Benin was after Nri. What you would have said is, Benin had political influence in Onitsha and not that they were originally from Benin. It wouldn't be appropriate to incite hate an venomous remarks by individuals in this thread. God bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by aribisala0(m): 11:21pm On May 08, 2019
Eberejesus111:

There was no ancient Nri kingdom.

That is a modern fiction

According to historians

A major history book in the 70s and 80s was written by an Eboe man Onwubiko

He seems not to have heard of Nri Kingdom

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by hammer6F: 11:24pm On May 08, 2019
[s]
McTobe:
Bros I am stating it unequivocally, without any fear of contradiction and I do not mean to incite any hate or venomous remarks. It is not in my character and it will never be to incite people against people. I am quoting verifiable history and someone even provided more detail, I quoted a book too. To delve deeper my Mother is from Onitsha and I was brought up there from Umu Eze Aroli clan specifically I am not demeaning Onitsha I am rather saying what I have read and heard from my Great grand Mother. Even my own village in Ogbaru hail from Benin but having settled in the present Anambra will be counted as Igbo race but that does not mean I trace my origin to Nri. Even my surname that I bear up to this moment is Benin name. And I want to disagree strongly with you that you can present and write anything as history and so your example of a British Monarch does not hold water for me. I do not disagree that Igbos origin is Nri i am simply saying that my own people and Onitsha descendants are of Benin Origin. Cheers
[/s]

CRAP AGAIN!

WEN NZEGWU DID HIS COUP, WAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BENIN ORIGIN?

WOULD IT NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER IF THE COUP WAS REFERED TO AS A BENIN COUP?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by McTobe(m): 11:29pm On May 08, 2019
Low life, you must not type on every post u see, I am having an intelligent conversation with some people here on history. How is it your business. Must you guys go around throwing dirty energy all around. Some people naturally belongs to the nether region. Do you think everyone on nairaland care about your ethnic thrash. We are talking history here if you have nothing to contribute get lost. I am sorry that I honored you with a reply. But I hate mediocres with passion and the way I see you, you are one .
hammer6F:
[s][/s]

NONSENSE TALK!

BEER PALOUR TALK AFTER SOME BOTTLES OF GUINNESS.

U SAY, U TRACE UR ROOT TO BENIN, BUT WEN ONE OF U DID A COUP D ETAT, YOUR ROOTS WERE TRACED TO ERI AND ALL IGBOS SUFFERED.

EVEN YOUR BINI BROTHERS, U LABELED SABOTEUR. I AM TIRED OF FUCKERY IGBOS FROM THE SOUTHSOUTH.

IF I HEAR EZE CHIMA CAME FROM BENIN AGAIN, WITHOUT A BENIN NAME, THUNDER GO FIRE ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ2pcLO9HSc

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by hammer6F: 11:32pm On May 08, 2019
McTobe:
Low life, you must not type on every post u see, I am having an intelligent conversation with some people here on history. How is it your business. Must you guys go around throwing dirty energy all around. Some people naturally belongs to the nether region. Do you think everyone on nairaland care about your ethnic thrash. We are talking history here if you have nothing to contribute get lost. I am sorry that I honored you with a reply. But I hate mediocres with passion and the way I see you, you are one .

SHARAP! U WERE THE FIRST TO QUOTE ME, U THIS RUN AWAY BINI SLAVE.

U ARE SO DUMB NOT TO KNOW THAT BENIN KINGDOM SLAVE RAID INTO IGBO TERRITORY, LED SOME TO FLEE IN THE 15TH CENTURY.

NATURALLY, DUE TO THE BORDER NATURE OF THEIR TOWN, U GET SOME IGBO IN BENIN AND BENIN IN IGBO TERRITORY.

HAVE U NOT HEARD BOTH BENIN AND IGBO HAVING THE SAME SURNAME? I.E OKORO, OBAZE ETC

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by fatiaforreal: 11:34pm On May 08, 2019
In truth Nri is one of the oldest kingdom. Also true is the claim Igbo were among the earliest inhabitants of Ile Ife. Linguistics can bear witness that Yoruba and Igbo are virtually variations of same original language spoken at that time in Ife, but mind you, I'm talking about first Ife, that was close to river Niger around present day Kogi. It is interesting to know that inhabitants were known as Ugbo; Yoruba is a much recent description. I'm sure Igbo is just a variant of the original Ugbo name. Recall, that Ife was destroyed by flood resulting in migration over a number of stages to present day Ife. It wasn't only Igbo that left, the dispersal resulted in Ugbo, Igbo, Igala, Igodomigodo(Bini) etc. Linguistics supports this claim and the original reason Ife was called the SOURCE. No matter the level of hate, genetics have confirmed Yoruba and Igbo are 99.9% genetically identical( google genetic mapping of African tribes report on Yoruba/Igbo). The Igala relationship is obvious and so is Bini to the extent that Yoruba and Bini battle over some words. Most of us don't know who we truly are. At some points, we were in Congo, later in Sudan, and finally in Kogi area, first Ife before our dispersal into various tribes: NUPE, Yoruba(originally Ugbo), Igala, Igbo, Bini(Igodomigodo) etc. This is what historians also classify as Niger Congo family of tribes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by McTobe(m): 11:38pm On May 08, 2019
Oga plz quote any book source as your authority. And do well to tell us in which century that the raid took place. Most of the Igbos that are of Benin ancestry left Benin either as a result of migration as a result of famine or war within the Benin empire or power tussle within the court of Oba. Tell me of any recorded war between the Benin empire and any of the Igbo kingdom. Don’t run o present your authority
hammer6F:

SHARAP! U WERE THE FIRST TO QUOTE ME, U THIS RUN AWAY BINI SLAVE.

U ARE SO DUMB NOT TO KNOW THAT BENIN KINGDOM SLAVE RAID INTO IGBO TERRITORY, LED SOME TO FLEE IN THE 15TH CENTURY.

NATURALLY, DUE TO THE BORDER NATURE OF THEIR TOWN, U GET SOME IGBO IN BENIN AND BENIN IN IGBO TERRITORY.

HAVE U NOT HEARD BOTH BENIN AND IGBO HAVING THE SAME SURNAME? I.E OKORO, OBAZE ETC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by hammer6F: 11:41pm On May 08, 2019
McTobe:
Oga plz quote any book source as your authority. And do well to tell us in which century that the raid took place. Most of the Igbos that are of Benin ancestry left Benin either as a result of migration as a result of famine or war within the Benin empire or power tussle within the court of Oba. Tell me of any recorded war between the Benin empire and any of the Igbo kingdom. Don’t run o present your authority

DAT IS WAT U HAVE BEEN TOLD, TO MAKE IT LOOK AS IF ANYTHING GREAT WAS HAPPENING IN BENIN BEFORE THE ARRIVAL OF THE PORTUGESE.

DONT BE FOOLED.

ALOT OF THESE AFRICAN KINGDOM, REACHED THEIR PEAK WITH THE ARRIVAL OF EUROPEAN SLAVE TRADERS.

U NAME IT, THEY SOLD SLAVES AND RAIDED NEAR BY COMMUNITIES FOR SLAVE.

FROM ASANTE TO OYO, BENIN, ARO AND OBONG OF CALABAR.

U ARE AN IGBO FROM A BORDER TOWN THAT WAS RAIDED BY THE BENIN.

NEVER GET IT TWISTED AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by McTobe(m): 11:49pm On May 08, 2019
Lol grin U don try. Yes I am an Igbo I speak Igbo and I am proud Igbo but I have a history that was handed down to me by my great great grand father and you can’t tell me my ancestry more than my grand father have related it who himself was relatively educated by the standards of his time. I am Igbo my ancestral descency is Benin. And I may not even stay in Benin for one day in this earth life but this is my story and this is my root.
hammer6F:

DAT IS WAT U HAVE BEEN TOLD, TO MAKE IT LOOK AS IF ANYTHING GREAT WAS HAPPENING IN BENIN BEFORE THE ARRIVAL OF THE PORTUGESE.

DONT BE FOOLED.

ALOT OF THESE AFRICAN KINGDOM, REACHED THEIR PEAK WITH THE ARRIVAL OF EUROPEAN SLAVE TRADERS.

U NAME IT, THEY SOLD SLAVES AND RAIDED NEAR BY COMMUNITIES FOR SLAVE.

FROM ASANTE TO OYO, BENIN, ARO AND OBONG OF CALABAR.

U ARE AN IGBO FROM A BORDER TOWN THAT WAS RAIDED BY THE BENIN.

NEVER GET IT TWISTED AGAIN.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by AyakaDunukofia: 11:51pm On May 08, 2019
By the time this revered king would join his ancestors in Ile Ife, Igbo and Yoruba relationship would never be the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by hammer6F: 11:53pm On May 08, 2019
McTobe:
Lol grin U don try. Yes I am an Igbo I speak Igbo and I am proud Igbo but I have a history that was handed down to me by my great great grand father and you can’t tell me my ancestry more than my grand father have related it who himself was relatively educated by the standards of his time. I am Igbo my ancestral descency is Benin. And I may not even stay in Benin for one day in this earth life but this is my story and this is my root.

I HAVE JUST TOLD U UR ANCESTRY.

I HAVE ALSO TOLD U THAT IGBO TERRITORY STRETCHES FAR INTO EDO STATE.

THESE ARE THINGS EVIDENT THAT EVERYBODY CAN SEE.

WAT IS NOT EVIDENT, IS THE FAIRY TALE, U WERE TOLD AS BED TIME STORY.

YES, THERE WAS A MIGRATION IN THE 15TH CENTURY, FOLLOWING SLAVE RAID BY THE BENIN EMPIRE, FORCING PEOPLE TO FLEE EASTWARD.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Question: What Is Igbako In English? / Uganda Ekyogero Traditional Bath Is Believed To Bring Goodluck And Wade Away... / Mbediọgụ: The Controversial Tortoise And Other Folklores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.