Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion (27041 Views)

Wike Orders Immediate Closure Of International Conference Centre For Renovation / Collapse Of Imo International Conference Centre Built By Okorocha / International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by BeautifulMind2: 8:55am On May 09, 2019
Great12m:
Guiness brewery benin City one of the largest in Africa
I know from you ignorant mind you thought there is no company in Enugu

Below ANAMMCO plant Enugu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Great12m: 8:58am On May 09, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Coca-Cola Company in Enugu

Coca cola plant in Eyaen benin City..
Any factory you can boast of in Enugu is also in Edo

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Great12m: 9:11am On May 09, 2019
Oben gas plant benin, one of the largest gas deposit/production in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by simplycarro: 9:16am On May 09, 2019
Great12m:
Edo State is busy attracting investment in billions of dollars and you're there celebrating conference Hall that have no economy impact on the people of the state

You know why it’s difficult and risky for any non Igbo like Ishiaku Rabiu (BUA) Dangote, Otudeko or Adenuga to invest in Ibo land? Their investments are always the first major things Ibos will attack when they have any skirmish with the FG.

Go and ask Dangote how many of his trucks he had lost to burning anytime igbos want to protest again the FG

1 Like

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Great12m: 9:22am On May 09, 2019
This is another gas plant, Oredo gas plant and its currently undergoing expansion to meet 40% of the country gas demand. 40% of Nigeria consume gas will be out of this single plant in edo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Focusmind: 9:39am On May 09, 2019
Waste of resources. Our designs and standards are just too low in this country. Why not use decent stone coated roof to make it look more aesthetics than using this aluminum for this important edifice. They will go abroad and see how things are done and will come back to continue their mediocre work.

Secondly, all these wacky structures do not bring any development. The real development is on people and not on facilities. Build whatever massive structure you want, if people are not well educated and civilized, those structures makes no meaning to them. Conferences could still be held in other government building or hotel than spending billions to put up this big for nothing.

Money should be used for human capital development. Develop humans and humans will in turn develop and build cities themselves.

1 Like

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Great12m: 9:43am On May 09, 2019
Just completed $1b Azura power plant in benin City

Edo is far more industrialise than Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Chikpat(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2019
Great12m:

Comparing Enugu and Edo is like comparing okpa with fried rice. Obasaki is a seasoned technocrat and he wins election on the stenght of his antecedents and the great potential to do more. He is not a cash and carry trader

2 Likes

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by emyrald91(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2019
OEPHIUS:
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's administration keeps faith with its resolve to complete the hitherto abandoned Enugu International Conference Centre, for the actualization of its inherent socio-economic benefits to the state, as the roofing of the edifice nears completion, for the next phase of intervention...

Enugu State is truly in the hands of God. #amokelouis
This project was started by the Sen Chimaroke Nnamani Administration, it had actually gone past through this stage initially until Sullivan Came into power and abandoned the project, little by little the hanging roof began to fall, and other things followed. Now, its been started again. I pray it is completed. You wouldn't know how much Enugu spends on hall rentals monthly.
Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2019
jampro123:
What is the economic gain of International conference centers to the people of Enugu state? El Rufia has set up an inland dry port that will bring about employment. We are talking of conference centre, go to Imo state and look at the rubbish one Rochas set up. We have lost it as Igbo people.

I was thinking state can’t build seaport after kaduna built dey inland port I know dat the east will never develop because they leaders here don’t give a Bleep about the people only dey family

1 Like

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Nobody: 11:09am On May 09, 2019
Great12m:

why do peeps like you like to look for troblue ?
Just look and go if you got nothing better to say

2 Likes

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by BeautifulMind2: 11:18am On May 09, 2019
Great12m:
This is another gas plant, Oredo gas plant and its currently undergoing expansion to meet 40% of the country gas demand. 40% of Nigeria consume gas will be out of this single plant in edo
Keep fooling yourself with fake pictures, Gas Plant in Bayelsa is now Edo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by BeautifulMind2: 11:21am On May 09, 2019
Great12m:
grin You even uploaded pictures from Tanzania

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by BeautifulMind2: 11:30am On May 09, 2019
Great12m:
bayelsa oil fields

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by BeautifulMind2: 11:32am On May 09, 2019
Great12m:

Coca cola plant in Eyaen benin City..
Any factory you can boast of in Enugu is also in Edo
Coca-Cola factory in France grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Xander85: 11:43am On May 09, 2019
jampro123:
What is the economic gain of International conference centers to the people of Enugu state? El Rufia has set up an inland dry port that will bring about employment. We are talking of conference centre, go to Imo state and look at the rubbish one Rochas set up. We have lost it as Igbo people.

Rochas and Ugwuanyi are just as passionate as the El-Rufai you're cheering a project the federal gov't built!

Ugwuanyi has now removed all stumbling blocks the Enugu state gov't can remove for effective operations (both local and int'l) at AIIA Enugu, but the federal gov't that was doing eye-service last year and pretending to care when complaints were made about the airport, have now abandoned it....fuc/k-all is happening there now by way of improvements!

Rochas used state money to do the little you saw in Owerri! The federal gov't that owns that airport has done fuc/k-all! And we're now being told it's good as Rochas is in APC as it would bring development to the state/region from the Buhari/APC gov't! Can anyone tell me how Imo has benefited over and above what the other 4 S-E states have benefited by having a Governor in APC?

So don't blame South-East Governors when their hands are tied and they're left to play with the cards they've been dealt! They're operating under a political-economy that doesn't favour Ndigbo!
Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by BeautifulMind2: 11:43am On May 09, 2019
Great12m:
Even Pakistan grin grin
Please stop disgracing Edo people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Great12m: 11:43am On May 09, 2019
Stop fooling yourself with editing, you have Google search, Google it

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Xander85: 11:48am On May 09, 2019
emyrald91:

This project was started by the Sen Chimaroke Nnamani Administration, it had actually gone past through this stage initially until Sullivan Came into power and abandoned the project, little by little the hanging roof began to fall, and other things followed. Now, its been started again. I pray it is completed. You wouldn't know how much Enugu spends on hall rentals monthly.

I hope they do a quality job! I'm not feeling that cheap looking red aluminium roof i'm seeing in some of the pics! sad
Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by BeautifulMind2: 11:48am On May 09, 2019
Great12m:
Stop fooling yourself with editing, you have Google search, Google it
Dodomayana that not what you posted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Great12m: 11:53am On May 09, 2019
You don't understand how Google work, you don't know bloggers use one photo for many blogs

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by OreMI22: 11:59am On May 09, 2019
It's long over due to finish this edifice that has become a symbol of everything wrong in Enugu state politics.

My regret is that they are using local contractors and cheap materials to finish it.

The roofing should have been done with composite modern roof and not aluminium span. But better finished than continue to rot and waste for decades.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Great12m: 12:04pm On May 09, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Dodomayana that not what you posted

You're just an ignorance who don't know about Internet

Can you see it now?

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Great12m: 12:10pm On May 09, 2019
E Don clear for your eye now abi ?

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Ugwuoke347(m): 12:22pm On May 09, 2019
I have said it before, and I am saying it again, I am personally disappointed in Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

I am still wondering why he is wasting so much time pussyfooting and footdragging this way and that way omitting to do the very needful, namely; a bold expeditious aggressivation of development in Enugu State. Instead, what we get is a persistent waste of public fund on execution of random symbolic projects!

This piece of relic of government profligacy is better left to stay right where Nnamani abandoned it. But no, Gburugburu has gone to resurrect it just so to create another channel for "nrashi" for his boys! Just so to give new job to his boys!

Sullivan Chime in his good sense never touched that useless project for the eight years he governed Enugu State. He never touched it even with a barge pole!

There is a similar project at Prof. Dora Akunyili Centre, Awka in Anambra State started by Chinwoke Mbadinuju. Nigige came, he never touched it. Peter Obi came, he never spent a kobo on it . Willie Obiano is now in his second tenure, still that mini-quasi amphitheatre is lying there uncompleted!

Government exists to service the needs of the public. What exactly is the use of that conference centre? How did it become such a top priority to the State Government that it is now willing to sink money into it.

I am now persuaded to believe those who think that Sullivan Chime was a better administrator than Ugwuanyi. Sullivan did all he did, so much so, without making a noise. Yet he had enough reason to show off his achievements.

Elections are now over, why is it still necessary for "Gburumedia" hatchet men to persist in propagandizing and gushing quite effusively over every little "nothing" he undertakes? Why on earth should our sensibility be offended just so offhandedly by making news item out of this nonsensicality of a project?

So many places are in dire need of attention. There is so much strategic work begging attention, things that have direct bearing on the lives of the people. Yet, our own Gburugburu whom everybody loves, who has enjoyed a great deal of the good will of Enugu people is more interested in pandering to the wishes of career politicians and political contractors ! Awarding "flowery projects" while Oedipus Rex or rather "Oediphus Runs" is ever willing, ready and prepared to blare the vuvuzella.

We are our own problem in this part of the world . Why are we so reluctant to hold our leaders accountable? It is not as if they are doing us a favour by doing what they were elected to do. It is not as though it is their private money they spend. It is public money they spend! Money that is meant for service of public good. Those entrusted with it must be careful to see that whatever they do with it is truly in service of public good both in principle and in practice!

Despite all the hotels and event centres scattered in and around Enugu City (Nike Lake Resort inclusive), Gburugburu somehow imagines that that piece of jaggedly made antique is deserving of government attention.

Go to Orba, Governor's own country home, there are places where people cannot drive into their villages anymore because of gullies. Just look at Obollo-Afor; take a look at places like Eha-Amufu, Adani, and other neglected and forgotten parts of the State stewing and dicing in underdevelopment even in life threatening proportions! And then you tell me why that piece of shame , that abominable monument of the wasteful days of Chimaroke Nnamani should ever have caught the attention of any serious government!

It appears, on a side note, that the resurrection of this project serves a symbolic purpose to metaphorize the political resurrection of Chimaroke Nnamani , the same man who started it in the first place.

Enough said already.
Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Xander85: 12:29pm On May 09, 2019
simplycarro:

You know why it’s difficult and risky for any non Igbo like Ishiaku Rabiu (BUA) Dangote, Otudeko or Adenuga to invest in Ibo land? Their investments are always the first major things Ibos will attack when they have any skirmish with the FG.

Go and ask Dangote how many of his trucks he had lost to burning anytime igbos want to protest again the FG

I could flip the script and tell you to go ask Igbos how many of the lives have been lost to dagger wielding almajiris anytime you lot want to protest against....against anything that rubs you up the wrong way to be honest!

Lives...trucks, now which would i say is more valuable!? Hmmmm, tough question init?
Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Great12m: 12:36pm On May 09, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Keep fooling yourself with fake pictures, Gas Plant in Bayelsa is now Edo

You're a big fool, you have head but no brain, you can see all the photos of gas plant I uploaded have red earth, do bayelsa have red eath??
All the gas plant I uploaded are from edo. Google it

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by BeautifulMind2: 1:17pm On May 09, 2019
Great12m:

You're a big fool, you have head but no brain, you can see all the photos of gas plant I uploaded have red earth, do bayelsa have red eath??
All the gas plant I uploaded are from edo. Google it
Ode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by Great12m: 1:48pm On May 09, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Ode
Big fool, you know the truth but your jealousy won't make you accept the truth,

By the way what's Enugu contributing to the federal government purse ... Nothing. Your state GDP figures make it clear that Edo is four time richer than Enugu.
Look at Enugu competing with northern states in backwardness

Re: Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion by BeautifulMind2: 1:57pm On May 09, 2019
Great12m:

Big fool, you know the truth but your jealousy won't make you accept the truth,

By the way what's Enugu contributing to the federal government purse ... Nothing. Your state GDP figures make it clear that Edo is four time richer than Enugu.
Look at Enugu competing with northern states in backwardness
Edo is village when compare to Enugu

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court Ruling: Secondus Says Only God Can Bail Out Nigeria / Why I Slumped During Ministerial Screening – Balarabe / Patience Jonathan Threatens PDP Governors Over Tukur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.