Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election (1495 Views)

What Made Osun Tribunal Declare Oyetola Winner: Summary / 'God Knows Best' - Davido Reacts After INEC Declared APC’s Oyetola Winner / INEC Declares Oyetola Gboyega The Winner Of Osun State Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by Wesporting: 11:01am On May 09, 2019
Court of appeal sitting in Abuja sets aside Tribunal’s judgement which nullified Oyetola’s Victory in the Osun gubernatorial election.

The Court of Appeal has declared Gboyega Oyetola as the validly elected Governor of Osun State.
The judgement was delivered on Thursday morning.

Source: https://mandynews.com/breaking-oyetola-wins-at-appeal-court/

Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by bluebay(m): 11:04am On May 09, 2019
Wesporting:
The Court of Appeal has declared Gboyega Oyetola as the validly elected Governor of Osun State.
There was, however, a dissenting judgement.
The court said the full judgment will be released later on Thursday (today), according to Oyetola’s lawyer, Dr. Basiru Ajibola.
Who’s this Ape for Christ sake?
Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by Nbote(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2019
We expected it na... D APC already boasted about having d judiciary in their bags and if dey allow Adeleke win, Den dey might as well forget Kano state...
Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by cosby02(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2019
bluebay:

Who’s this Ape for Christ sake?
He go shock you

Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by Nobody: 11:14am On May 09, 2019
cheesy
Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by Xisnin(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2019
What do you expect when the chairman of the appeal court is the wife of APC chieftain.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by cosby02(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2019
shocked
Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by modath(f): 11:18am On May 09, 2019
cheesy hi
Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by cosby02(m): 11:19am On May 09, 2019
Xisnin:
What do you expect when the chairman of the appeal court is the wife of APC chieftain.
Do you know Peter Odili's wife is a Justice of the Supreme Court?

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by Wesporting: 11:20am On May 09, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by Xisnin(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2019
cosby02:

Do you know Peter Odili's wife is a Justice of the Supreme Court?
Yes, but she is not the chief justice.
Spot the difference?

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by cosby02(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2019
Xisnin:

Yes, but she is not the chief justice.
Spot the difference?
If she deserves to be CJ which i hope for, will anyone say No to her appointment just because she's Odili's wife?
Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by Xisnin(m): 11:30am On May 09, 2019
cosby02:

If she deserves to be CJ which i hope for, will anyone say No to her appointment just because she's Odili's wife?
Yes. Many people will oppose her candidacy because she is Odili's wife.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by cosby02(m): 11:32am On May 09, 2019
Xisnin:

Yes. Many people will oppose her candidacy because she is Odili's wife.
Too bad for many people, Law does not share their opinion as somebody's wife is not known to Law as one of the reasons why she cant be appointed as CJN
However do you know that the current president Court of Appeal was sworn in 17th of April 2014, under PDP led government?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by ejimatic: 11:36am On May 09, 2019
Below is what i said yestetday bit some angry analysts were not happy....Thank God i have been vindicated..My expectations tomorrow... 1....Section 240 of the electoral law states that no tribunal should deduct or add votes.. when votes are debated. rerun must be ordered.........In the case of the debated 17 polling units, I expect a rerun there tomorrow.2 Constitution gives INEC and any of its agent right to cancell votes if they cannot be reconciled .The results in the debated 17 polling units may be retained by the appeal court....justifying rerun that made Oyetola win......Oyetola may be declared winner.....3. majority decision and minority decision declared that no case of non compliance and irregularity in Osun election. so why deducting votes?Appeal court may uphold minority decision....

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by ejimatic: 11:38am On May 09, 2019
Wesporting:
Court of appeal sitting in Abuja sets aside Tribunal’s judgement which nullified Oyetola’s Victory in the Osun gubernatorial election.

Source: https://mandynews.com/breaking-oyetola-wins-at-appeal-court/
. Below is what I said yesterday but some biased analysts were angry....Thank God I have been vindicated. My expectations tomorrow... 1....Section 240 of the electoral law states that no tribunal should deduct or add votes.. when votes are debated. rerun must be ordered.........In the case of the debated 17 polling units, I expect a rerun there tomorrow.2 Constitution gives INEC and any of its agent right to cancell votes if they cannot be reconciled .The results in the debated 17 polling units may be retained by the appeal court....justifying rerun that made Oyetola win......Oyetola may be declared winner.....3. majority decision and minority decision declared that no case of non compliance and irregularity in Osun election. so why deducting votes?Appeal court may uphold minority decision....
Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by Demmzy15(m): 11:39am On May 09, 2019
grin grin

Some people will be in sifia pains sha grin grin

Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by WonderManly(m): 11:52am On May 09, 2019
Bad market!
Re: Appeal Court Declares Oyetola Winner Of Osun Election by Mynd44: 11:56am On May 09, 2019

(1)

Awo’s Vision Celebrated. The 60th Anniversary Of The First TV Station In Africa. / Femi Fani-kayode Replies Femi Adesina On Buhari Earning The Rank ‘major General’ / Woman In Tears, Praises Nnamdi Kanu As She Gets A Bag Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.