Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" - Properties (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" (81666 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Furnishing Of Owerri Royal Manor By Mercylyn Interiors / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2020
We are repainting some portions of the house, we plan to repaint the kerb stones to black and white instead of black and gray as chosen before.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by nunnu: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2020
Good job Spyder880. Things keep looking better.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by mufutau55(m): 4:09am On Nov 22, 2020
Oga Spyder. You need to do the lower portion of the house turning red from the laterite whenever there is rain. May be the lower portion can be painted with gloss to repel the laterite water. That is why I like tiling the lower portion. Thanks.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 6:45am On Nov 22, 2020
mufutau55:
Oga Spyder. You need to do the lower portion of the house turning red from the laterite whenever there is rain. May be the lower portion can be painted with gloss to repel the laterite water. That is why I like tiling the lower portion. Thanks.

Hajji M.

Good morning Sir, I had the plans to paint the lower portion with a different colour when I started this building, I even placed the belts at a height to separate my lower colour with the paint for the rest of the house. It was the decision by my clients to fill up the compound so we can redirect rain water flow to the outside that swallowed the lower portion of the house. (See attached pictures of my wall separator as we were still building, see how high it was.)

Tiling the lower portion is good, but some people dont like the different look, when compared to painting the lower portion, also consider the cost of extra tiles round such a big house. The rain water issue on the lower walls was a temporary issue, made worse because of the type of brown sand that was used on filling the flower bed when the rains were still falling heavily in the rainy season. I had wanted to delay that painting till the rains stopped, I am sure the staining cannot happen next rainy season if the flowers grow enough to absorb some of the impact of the rain hitting the ground around the walls. Then again, my clients agreed to install the water collector much later, if we had put the water collector when it was raining, the water would have been channelled away from the walls.

The good news is that I have bought paints and we plan to repaint the lower portion with gray. Now would have been the proper time to paint thie whole outside walls, not then.

Thanks for your suggestions Sir, I appreciate your inputs a lot. Happy weekend Sir.

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 7:14am On Nov 22, 2020
spyder880:

Good morning Sir, I had the plans to paint the lower portion with a different colour when I started this building, I even placed the belts at a height to separate my lower colour with the paint for the rest of the house. It was the decision by my clients to fill up the compound so we can redirect rain water flow to the outside that swallowed the lower portion of the house. (See attached pictures of my wall separator as we were still building, see how high it was.)

Tiling the lower portion is good, but some people dont like the different look, plus the as compared to painting the lower portion, also consider the cost of extra tiles round such a big house. The rain water issue on the lower walls is a temporary issue, made worse because of the type of brown sand that was used on filling the flower bed when the rains were still falling heavily in the rainy season. I had wanted to delay that painting till the rains stopped, I am sure the staining cannot happen next rainy season if the flowers grow enough to absorb some of the impact of the rain hitting the ground around the walls. Then again, we decided to install the water collector much later, if we had put the water collector when it was raining, the water would have been channelled away from the walls.

The good news is that I have bought paints and we plan to repaint the lower portion with gray. Now would have been the proper time to paint thie whole outside walls, not then.

Thanks for your suggestions Sir, I appreciate your inputs a lot. Happy weekend Sir.
when professionalism meets candour

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2020
Noticed the stain happened before the concrete floors....newer splashes ? Or just the old ones?

My oga...just like oga Hajj suggested using gloss....when the flower grows...rainwater will/would still stain the upper/higher part depending height of the flower beds...

Jisike nwanne...you are doing well..

spyder880:

Tiling the lower portion is good, but some people dont like the different look, when compared to painting the lower portion, also consider the cost of extra tiles round such a big house. The rain water issue on the lower walls was a temporary issue, made worse because of the type of brown sand that was used on filling the flower bed when the rains were still falling heavily in the rainy season. I had wanted to delay that painting till the rains stopped, I am sure the staining cannot happen next rainy season if the flowers grow enough to absorb some of the impact of the rain hitting the ground around the walls. Then again, my clients agreed to install the water collector much later, if we had put the water collector when it was raining, the water would have been channelled away from the walls.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 11:24am On Nov 22, 2020
dongc:
Noticed the stain happened before the concrete floors....newer splashes ? Or just the old ones?

My oga...just like oga Hajj suggested using gloss....when the flower grows...rainwater will/would still stain the upper/higher part depending height of the flower beds...

Jisike nwanne...you are doing well..

The splashes on the walls are old, some happened before the concrete flooring because of two reasons,

1. There was no water collector channels, so the water just hit the ground and splashed on the walls.

2. The filling sand used is a deep reddish brown colour, making the splashes more pronounced.

Other splashes happened much later, after the painting of the walls because;

1. Another filling was done with imported top soil, rich in manure which was placed in the flower beds to aid flower and plants growth.

2. We shouldn't have painted the outside walls during the rains knowing that we are using white all through, (I warned about this then) I had planned to do the outside walls later, notice that these splashes didn't happen on the fence, I painted the fence after the rains, by the time the rains will return next year, the flowers would have grown to cover the place.

I know that the walls wouldn't have been splashed this much if we placed the water collectors before the painting of the outside walls. Painting the lower portion with glossy paints might be a temporary fix, but since we had painted the outside colour with matt, glossy paints might peel after two years since its sitting on matt and not on wall primers.

The option of tiling that lower portion is also good, it will require some new costs in this era of rising cement and tiles costs. I will talk to my clients about it.

Thank you for your contributions Sir, your points are well noted.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2020
Work is ongoing in the site this weekend, painting of the outside, painting maintenance and air condition installation are being done by my workers now.

In addition, I am sending a tiler to the site immediately to measure the lower walls.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2020
Dalu nwanne....jisike!

spyder880:

The splashes on the walls are old, some happened before the concrete flooring because of two reasons,

1. There was no water collector channels, so the water just hit the ground and splashed on the walls.

2. The filling sand used is a deep reddish brown colour, making the splashes more pronounced.

Other splashes happened much later, after the painting of the walls because;

1. Another filling was done with imported top soil, rich in manure which was placed in the flower beds to aid flower and plants growth.

2. We shouldn't have painted the outside walls during the rains knowing that we are using white all through, (I warned about this then) I had planned to do the outside walls later, notice that these splashes didn't happen on the fence, I painted the fence after the rains, by the time the rains will return next year, the flowers would have grown to cover the place.

I know that the walls wouldn't have been splashed this much if we placed the water collectors before the painting of the outside walls. Painting the lower portion with glossy paints might be a temporary fix, but since we had painted the outside colour with matt, glossy paints might peel after two years since its sitting on matt and not on wall primers.

The option of tiling that lower portion is also good, it will require some new costs in this era of rising cement and tiles costs. I will talk to my clients about it.

Thank you for your contributions Sir, your points are well noted.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by mufutau55(m): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2020
spyder880:

Thank you very much for the detailed information sir.
I know you will always find a solution to it. Keep up the good work Sir.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2020
mufutau55:

Thank you very much for the detailed information sir.
I know you will always find a solution to it. Keep up the good work Sir.

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by IMO01: 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2020
Respect

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2020
The air condition connections are done and completed, I will have to test the appliances later.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:37am On Dec 20, 2020
This house has been concluded, and we will see the finish pictures here today.

Lynkings really did some marvellous work with the internal decorations of this Royal Manor.

Enjoy some of the final pictures .........

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2020
This is the final look of this house, royal in all respects. The flowers are starting to grow more, being maintained .............

7 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:53am On Dec 20, 2020
Around the house ...........

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2020
The gate house.....

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 11:03am On Dec 20, 2020
Front of the BQ

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 11:30am On Dec 20, 2020
Watching the flowers grow.........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
More ..

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
Main entrance into the main building.....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ante room.........

All internal furnishings like curtains, chairs and decorations were done by Lynkings, very beautiful combinations.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 12:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
The main living room, as seen from the gallery leading to the upper floor private lounge.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
More from the top .......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
The main living room as seen from the ground......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
The dining room........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
This is the private lounge at the back of the house, looking very beautiful...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
This is the private lounge upstairs........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by mufutau55(m): 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
Oga Spyder, this is lovely. Good match from Lynkings.
Good work overall Sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
mufutau55:
Oga Spyder, this is lovely. Good match from Lynkings.
Good work overall Sir.

Hajji M.

She really did a wonderful job, I love the combinations.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
Let's go to bedrooms...........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
Another bedroom.......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / Nifemi, PA To Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building Found Dead, Osibona Trapped / Choose Edges Stone Coated Roofing Sheet For Your Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.